The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Toni Nadal: ´The Wrist Still Isn´t 100%, But Rafael Nadal Will be in Beijing´

+4
Calder106
DirectView2
laverfan
LuvSports!
8 posters

Go down

Toni Nadal: ´The Wrist Still Isn´t 100%, But Rafael Nadal Will be in Beijing´ Empty Toni Nadal: ´The Wrist Still Isn´t 100%, But Rafael Nadal Will be in Beijing´

Post by LuvSports! Tue 16 Sep 2014, 7:02 pm

I thought he would drop the rest of the season to be honest. Perhaps he feels he can claim that no1 y-e-ranking, which he has a very good shot at.
http://www.tennisworldusa.org/Toni-Nadal-The-Wrist-Still-Isnt-100%25-But-Rafael-Nadal-Will-be-in-Beijing-articolo20262.html

Thoughts on his prospects for the rest of the season? Typically where he doesn't do as well.

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Toni Nadal: ´The Wrist Still Isn´t 100%, But Rafael Nadal Will be in Beijing´ Empty Re: Toni Nadal: ´The Wrist Still Isn´t 100%, But Rafael Nadal Will be in Beijing´

Post by laverfan Tue 16 Sep 2014, 8:09 pm

This is very interesting that Toni is discussing a post-ATP career. I am not sure what prompted the statement. It would be disheartening to see Nadal retire so young.

Finally, Toni talked about the tennis center that Rafael will be opening soon, in the upcoming years: "Rafael wants to invest on his country, on his city in Manacor. After all, Bollettieri enjoyed great success with his academy, Rafa could do the same..."

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Toni Nadal: ´The Wrist Still Isn´t 100%, But Rafael Nadal Will be in Beijing´ Empty Re: Toni Nadal: ´The Wrist Still Isn´t 100%, But Rafael Nadal Will be in Beijing´

Post by DirectView2 Tue 16 Sep 2014, 8:43 pm

@ Luv Sports,

My Direct view on this topic might make some Rafa fans go insane on me , so I will remain silent and will not cast my view here. Very Happy

On the other hand I liked your thread and it could easily be a very good thread for discussion if people don't get upset, but unfortunately won't be the case. Very Happy

Things I noted for discussion or aguments on this thread are

1]Toni's Nadal's wrist not 100% comment Very Happy
2]Reason for Nadal's comeback all of a sudden Very Happy
3]last but not least thoughts on the rest of the season Very Happy

However as decided I would not cast my "Direct View" here.

DirectView2

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Tue 16 Sep 2014, 8:55 pm

awwwww Sad but meeeee wanna hearrrrr

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by DirectView2 Tue 16 Sep 2014, 9:08 pm

LuvSports! wrote:awwwww Sad but meeeee wanna hearrrrr

I want to post as well Sad

DirectView2

Back to top Go down

Post by Calder106 Tue 16 Sep 2014, 10:07 pm

Nadal is coming back after being injured. That's what players do. Lots of players play when they are not 100%. If he plays they must think that he can't cause further damage to the wrist. Don't see anything strange about it. I expect he will play quite well as he has had nearly 3 month break. So tiredness will not be an issue.

Calder106

Back to top Go down

Post by biugo Wed 17 Sep 2014, 12:34 am

+1 Calder

And DirectView, I guess I could write it for you, since it's about what uncle Toni said and not Rafa... Spinning uncle Toni would hardly ever say that Rafa is 100%, so there could be an excuse if Rafa doesn't perform, and claims of superhuman ability if he performs. But that's just nonsense. However, Calder closed this point well, and there's no need to open an injury debate. (unless he injures his wrist again in Beijing/Shanghai, in which case we could debate how silly a career choice it was).

Rafa is coming back and it's good news thumbsup (it's not a surprise though, since he was not far from entering the US Open - it would have been weird if it got worse since then)

biugo

Back to top Go down

Post by HM Murdock Wed 17 Sep 2014, 8:40 am

Assuming the wrist isn't a big hindrance, I can imagine Nadal going on a bit of a tear in these last few tournaments.

Two tournament wins wouldn't surprise me.

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Wed 17 Sep 2014, 3:03 pm

I'm not a big Rafa fan, although in awe at his competitive spirit. I normally support the either guy when he plays. But I DON'T LIKE IT WHEN HE'S NOT AROUND.
Playing Nadal presents opponents with such a mental and physical challenge, that something is missing from the tour when he's not playing.
Rafa does find it very difficult to manage a whole season without some sort of a break but I'm sure he will bound straight back now.

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Wed 17 Sep 2014, 7:25 pm

I want Nadal back in the tour and firing on all cylinders.
I just want everyone else to have cylinders that trump Nadal Very Happy

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Thu 18 Sep 2014, 12:06 am

Seems crazy that Rafa would go to a tournament like Beijing at less than 100%, what if he damages the wrist again.

I do think he should play WTF this year. Federer and Wawrinka may have an eye on the Davis Cup, Murray and Djokovic may not be at their best, and the rest of the field may be populated with newcomers that don't have much experience at the event. It could be an opportunity.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down