The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

La Liga thread

+24
Corporalhumblebucket
Holymiky
88Chris05
GSC
JDizzle
Jermaine2015
Duty281
Hammersmith harrier
NickisBHAFC
Dolphin Ziggler
theslosty
FootballLight
It Must Be Love
Born Slippy
Gerry SA
monty junior
Nakatomi Plaza
nadeem2099
Crimey
Good Golly I'm Olly
The Special Juan
Fernando
Ent
kingraf
28 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

La Liga thread - Page 2 Empty La Liga thread

Post by kingraf Wed 20 Aug 2014, 2:03 pm

First topic message reminder :

Well, with the league in Spain restarting soon, thought I'd put this up. Backed Atlético to repeat this year, and watching last nights game, think I could be right. Think Real will find that we've gone and bought more coats of paint on the Bentley, having sold the engine... Again. It's like history really is bound to repeat itself.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

La Liga thread - Page 2 Empty Re: La Liga thread

Post by kingraf Sat 25 Oct 2014, 5:10 pm

phuck a d.ick dammit
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 25 Oct 2014, 5:46 pm

Pique must be slightly retarded
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Sat 25 Oct 2014, 5:47 pm

Claudio Bravo's standards slipping. How dare he finally concede a goal!!!

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Sat 25 Oct 2014, 5:53 pm

Gerard Pique looks a shadow of the player he was 18-24 months ago. 

Barcelona, pending transfer ban, could do with signing Mats Hummels.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 25 Oct 2014, 6:09 pm

Pepe !!!!
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 25 Oct 2014, 6:14 pm

Ronaldo to get a second and kill this as a contest
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 25 Oct 2014, 6:17 pm

Okay I was wrong Benzema scored and killed it as a contest off the counter.

What on earth did Enrique think would happen with Xavi in midfield?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 25 Oct 2014, 8:58 pm

Shoo, two points separating the top three, with Atletico five back, with a game in hand. Don't think Valencia are going away this season. Still backing Atleti to repeat.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 27 Oct 2014, 5:28 pm

Valencia and Atleti both won their fixtures. There's now just two points separating the top five.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 01 Nov 2014, 9:23 pm

Happy days, Madrid back on top of the log. Barca down to third, could be fifth by the end of the weekend. Messi and Neymar were linking so well, I think, Suárez was a bit of a surplus. They'll probably get it right, but it might be too late.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 02 Nov 2014, 5:07 pm

Sevilla missed a chance go top of the log in the midday fixture, losing 1-0 to Bilbao. Margins are incredibly tight at the moment. Having missed a chance to stand at apex of the league, Sevilla might find themselves fifth if Valencia hold on to win in their fixture.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Sat 22 Nov 2014, 9:39 pm

Historic night at the Camp Nou tonight as the peerless Lionel Messi finally scored the two goals he needed to become the greatest scorer in La Liga history! Unsurprisingly Leo wasn't happy with just two goals, he bagged a hat trick. His 20th La Liga hat trick.

Enjoy him whilst you can, as you'll miss him when he's gone,

#TheGreatestOfAllTime

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Nov 2014, 10:53 pm

Yeah, great achievement. I'll never forget those magical four years in his absolute pomp, he's still doing the business which is good to see though. See Ronaldo got two again tonight.

Also, Moyes got a 0-0 for Sociedad in his first game.

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Mon 24 Nov 2014, 1:49 pm

Modric out for 3 months. More responsibility on Kroos now defensively. But hopefully Illaramendi gets a bit of a run in the team now.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 24 Nov 2014, 4:44 pm

Is it three months? Just as he and Kroos were beginning to find a groove. I do love Illara though, so I'm happy to see him get a go.

Still rather tight at the top, with only seven,points separating the top five. Sevilla seem to be fading though. Will be interesting to see if Valencia can make it a four horse race.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 08 Dec 2014, 5:02 am

Madrid march on. Ronaldo now has the hat trick record outright, as we won 3-0. Barca seem to be finding their fifth gear more often, hat trick for Messi as well. Atlético also won at the weekend to move third. Only four points adrift.

Also Moyesball lost 4-0.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Dec 2014, 12:24 pm

See the stats Sky put up since August 2009 in La Liga

Messi

Games - 182
Goals - 202
Hat-tricks - 21

Ronaldo

Games - 178
Goals - 200
Hat-tricks - 23

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 08 Dec 2014, 1:19 pm

Incredible isn't it.

We'd be saying it's incredible if they had 150 goals each in those numbers of appearances.

Ronaldo has 29 goals this season for Real, it is still early December.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 14 Dec 2014, 4:37 pm

Make that 32 goals, and you can bet your bottom dollar he's gonna fill his boots in the club world cup.
Madrid head into the winter break guaranteed to be top of the table. Ronaldo scored two late goals on Friday. Barcelona could only muster a draw at Getafe, and are now four points adrift. Atlético can move level with Barcelona with a win tonight
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Dec 2014, 7:35 pm

i hear moyes wants adnan januzaj in january on loan. good deal, he'll suit la liga.

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Mon 05 Jan 2015, 12:05 pm

The streak is over! Nearly beat the world record though.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 07 Jan 2015, 7:58 pm

Real: Navas,Arbeloa,Ramos,Varane,Marcelo,Khedira,Kroos,Bale,Isco,James,Benzema
Atletico: Oblak, Gámez, Giménez, Godín, Lucas, Gabi, Mario Suárez, Saúl, Raúl García, Griezmann Torres

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 07 Jan 2015, 9:15 pm

Atletico 1-0 Real - Raul Garcia Pen

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 07 Jan 2015, 9:33 pm

Atletico 2-0 Real - Gimenez

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Jan 2015, 10:42 pm

Two defeats in a week. I see Bale is starting too get criticism now, been distinctly average this season for that transfer fee. I guess Carlo might start Ronaldo in the second leg to bail him out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Jan 2015, 7:48 pm

LiamB wrote:Two defeats in a week. I see Bale is starting too get criticism now, been distinctly average this season for that transfer fee. I guess Carlo might start Ronaldo in the second leg to bail him out.

Again, today. Failed to pass to Ronaldo & he reacted, which led the fans to boo Bale. Embarrassing stuff really, pathetic. Doesn't surprise me with Madrid fans though, they've booed legends like Casillas etc. Bale, subsequently scored a wonder free-kick, even though Ronaldo scores about 1 in 50 of his attempted free-kicks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Born Slippy Sun 11 Jan 2015, 1:29 am

He'd scored the wonder goal (and played a sublime pass as part of the first goal) before the fans booed him, which makes it even more stupid. As for the incident himself, I think he was probably right to shoot but should have put it away.

Born Slippy

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Sun 11 Jan 2015, 1:44 am

Born Slippy wrote:He'd scored the wonder goal (and played a sublime pass as part of the first goal) before the fans booed him, which makes it even more stupid. As for the incident himself, I think he was probably right to shoot but should have put it away.
I think it would be better for Bale's career if he moved to Man United (if they qualify for CL).
Don't see it happening though.

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 11 Jan 2015, 11:05 am

Bale has been rank this season when he's been fit. If he didn't cost a hundred million euros, Isco have replaced him and we'd be playing a more traditional 4-4-2 which I think is when we play better.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Jan 2015, 11:15 am

Bale has been a letdown this year, after a good first season. His finishing really is so poor, abysmal at times & if your going to shoot & miss, instead of pass to Ronaldo, the fans favourite, then boos are inevitably coming your way. Can see maybe this year & next for Bale at Madrid, then back to the PL with United or City.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Sun 11 Jan 2015, 10:24 pm

Barcelona beat reigning champions Atletico 3-1 at the Camp Nou. Goals for Neymar Jr, Suarez and Messi. Mandzukic scored a PK conceded by Messi. 

A much better performance with Xavi, who's been a passenger for a long time now. Koke would be the right man to replace him...when our ban ends.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 11 Jan 2015, 10:49 pm

It was a rather wild match, especially in the second half. Atlético created basically nothing but way of chances and still nearly came with a point, had Mandzukic crossed to Torres about five metres earlier. Fair result though, Atlético really didn't bring a thing offensively. Barcelona needed this win badly, it must be said. Defeat here would have left them four points adrift Madrid with Madrid having a game in hand and them having two trips to the Capital. Would have written at least the first two lines of their title challenge eulogy had they lost
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballLight Thu 15 Jan 2015, 6:08 pm

Are some of you chaps on here from JA606? If you re, you might remember a funny lad called LRF that used to pay fairly regular visits. That is me for anyone who knows me from there. If not, carry on. Smile

FootballLight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Jan 2015, 6:21 pm

Great your here FL, everyone is delighted that funny lad has returned. Look forward to reading your next long winded post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Jan 2015, 6:25 pm

Over the moon with his return

Madrid/Atletico tonight, can Ronaldo & co overturn the 2 goal deficit.

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Thu 15 Jan 2015, 7:49 pm

Ronaldo is such a selfish player plus his petulant tantrums when he misses and constantly looking like he's away to cry. C'mon Athletico! Torres scoring in the first minute, you couldn't make it up.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballLight Thu 15 Jan 2015, 7:52 pm

LiamB wrote:Great your here FL, everyone is delighted that funny lad has returned. Look forward to reading your next long winded post

Don't read it then. I post them for a reason. I don't ask for everyone to read them. I'm catching up with recent events. If don't like it, don't read it. Solution. OK

FootballLight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Jan 2015, 8:21 pm

2-2 latest -Torres on fire but now subbed

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Thu 15 Jan 2015, 8:35 pm

He was just to hot to handle for Varane and co, lucky Real, Simeone obviously showed some mercy on poor old RM.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Thu 15 Jan 2015, 8:37 pm

Ah El Nino nice to see you again. Home is where his heart has always been. Still only 30 years old, could stay with Atletico for another 5/6 years.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Thu 15 Jan 2015, 8:54 pm

Real Madrid thought they could win 6 trophies in a season...you ain't as good as Pep's Barcelona.

Real's rubbish defense is showing why they'll be lucky to win La Liga or CL. Someone boring like Mourinho would have a field against this Real Madrid side.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 16 Jan 2015, 4:56 am

You're quite right, we're probably better. Peps Guaediola were good, but found out, badly... Football moves linearly mate. Also, funny to read about needing luck to win the Champion league when you only got to the final because of an an incredibly laissez faire attitude to reffing in the semi final against Chelsea. Yeah, Mourinho's defence conceding nearly half a dozen against a Loaded Hotspurs really strikes fear onto my heart...

Anyway, I'm getting the feeling that we're never gonna beat Atlético convicingly. Every team has its anti thesis, just hope we don't draw them in the CL and move forward.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Fri 16 Jan 2015, 11:59 am

kingraf wrote:You're quite right, we're probably better. Peps Guaediola were good, but found out, badly... Football moves linearly mate. Also, funny to read about needing luck to win the Champion league when you only got to the final because of an an incredibly laissez faire attitude to reffing in the semi final against Chelsea. Yeah, Mourinho's defence conceding nearly half a dozen against a Loaded Hotspurs really strikes fear onto my heart...

Anyway, I'm getting the feeling that we're never gonna beat Atlético convicingly. Every team has its anti thesis, just hope we don't draw them in the  CL and move forward.
You're talking to me about luck KF? How about the CL final last year? Atletico where set to deservedly win the CL until Ramos got an equalizer in the last minute of the normal time. Then Real beat up a fatigued Atletico in extra time.

As for being better than Pep's dream team. No chance. Pep won the continental treble.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 16 Jan 2015, 6:58 pm

Oh come on, scoring a legitimate late goal is a little different to seeing two or three legitimate penalties disallowed against you , and then scoring a late goal.

Football moved forward mate. I love Pep but his system got found out. Simple as that
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Fri 16 Jan 2015, 9:17 pm

kingraf wrote:Oh come on, scoring a legitimate late goal is a little different to seeing two or three legitimate penalties disallowed against you , and then scoring a late goal.

Football moved forward mate. I love Pep but his system got found out. Simple as that
Well if UEFA had an agenda it's hardly Pep's fault. FC Barcelona don't employ the refs.

Anyway Pep's back...just at the wrong club Sad Bayern look very, very good

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Sun 18 Jan 2015, 8:55 pm

The peerless Lionel Messi bagged his 30th Barcelona hat trick as they eased to a 4-0 victory at Deportivo. 

Earlier Cristiano bagged a couple and Bale also got on the scoresheet as Real made heavy weather against Getafe before completing a 3-0 victory. 

Atletico also kept up their, fading, hopes of retaining their title with a lacklustre 2-0 over Granada. 

Real Madrid remain 1 point ahead of Barcelona, whom are 3 ahead of Atletico. Real still have a game in hand.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Jan 2015, 6:48 pm

Just saw highlights of that Deportivo game, it was Messi chance, Messi goal, Messi goal, Messi chance, Messi goal, Messi chance & then an own goal, to complete the four zero victory.

Interesting hearing the pundits saying how difficult it will be for Suarez at Barcelona & that he really doesn't suit the tiki-taka football style of the club. His first touch really is so poor in comparison to His teammates, so playing the one two's in small spaces is troubling him & he looks nervous playing alongside these players according to Albert Ferrer. I know it early but he's not the suoerstar now, he's the supporting cast, wonder if he'll accept that beyond this summer?

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Mon 19 Jan 2015, 9:30 pm

LiamB wrote:Just saw highlights of that Deportivo game, it was Messi chance, Messi goal, Messi goal, Messi chance, Messi goal, Messi chance & then an own goal, to complete the four zero victory.

Interesting hearing the pundits saying how difficult it will be for Suarez at Barcelona & that he really doesn't suit the tiki-taka football style of the club. His first touch really is so poor in comparison to His teammates, so playing the one two's in small spaces is troubling him & he looks nervous playing alongside these players according to Albert Ferrer. I know it early but he's not the suoerstar now, he's the supporting cast, wonder if he'll accept that beyond this summer?
Suarez is in the same dilemma as Falcao. Suarez makes loads of excellent runs, but he never gets the ball. He's still not properly integrated in the team. Only club who could sign him is Manchester United, but with what happened with Evra it would be unlikely.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 20 Jan 2015, 12:42 pm

Can't see Barcelona selling Suarez any time soon with the transfer embargo in place. By the time he might be sold think there will be a lot of clubs financially capable of signing him.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 20 Jan 2015, 1:06 pm

Suarez is too direct for Barcelona. Would thrive again In the pl.

However horrible, horrible person so hope he wastes his peak being an also ran at barca.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next