The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

La Liga thread

+24
Corporalhumblebucket
Holymiky
88Chris05
GSC
JDizzle
Jermaine2015
Duty281
Hammersmith harrier
NickisBHAFC
Dolphin Ziggler
theslosty
FootballLight
It Must Be Love
Born Slippy
Gerry SA
monty junior
Nakatomi Plaza
nadeem2099
Crimey
Good Golly I'm Olly
The Special Juan
Fernando
Ent
kingraf
28 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

La Liga thread - Page 5 Empty La Liga thread

Post by kingraf Wed 20 Aug 2014, 2:03 pm

First topic message reminder :

Well, with the league in Spain restarting soon, thought I'd put this up. Backed Atlético to repeat this year, and watching last nights game, think I could be right. Think Real will find that we've gone and bought more coats of paint on the Bentley, having sold the engine... Again. It's like history really is bound to repeat itself.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

La Liga thread - Page 5 Empty Re: La Liga thread

Post by Crimey Mon 23 Mar 2015, 4:25 pm

Bale was never worth the money paid and he's struggling to fit into the side right now, but I think it's certainly possible if Ancelotti leaves that a new manager may come in and give him a little more freedom.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 23 Mar 2015, 4:52 pm

Crimey wrote:Bale was never worth the money paid and he's struggling to fit into the side right now, but I think it's certainly possible if Ancelotti leaves that a new manager may come in and give him a little more freedom.

Not sure how much more freedom he can have, if Madrid can get shot of him for good money then I think they will.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 23 Mar 2015, 4:55 pm

Bale is as good as gone in the Summer, still think De Gea is holding out to see if we get in the Champions League but a swap deal is starting to look the most likely but I genuinely don't think we need him.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 23 Mar 2015, 5:04 pm

Not sure where we would play him and would prefer to keep De Gea.

His lack of application for Madrid has worried me, perhaps better in a side where he is the big fish - would he be that in a United side? Maybe initially but if we get back to where we are aiming to be he won't be.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 23 Mar 2015, 7:56 pm

Just caught up on the match. Missed it last night as I was out. Difficult defeat to take, hit the bar once, marginal off side which would have been a goal. And of course, the sucker punch at the hands of a player who could and probably should have been off the park. Not too disheartened, tbh. We win 8/9 of the last ten, I think we win the league back. This Barcelona side is capable of inexplicable Dips.

As for Bale, I feel for him a bit. He's trying but it's not quite dropping his way. Think last season created a bit of an illusion. Like the Champions League final where he basically was the recipient of a searing Di Maria run, and tiring defence. He isn't playing much worse, but he isn't quite having the rub of the green anymore. Willing to have him aboard next season though. James is a big absentee, and really don't understand why. Team plays a lot better with him in a midfield four. La Liga is out of our hands, but it's not over yet. Barcelona still have enough to travel to Atletico.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 23 Mar 2015, 8:00 pm

That said...

De Gea and some bubblegum and Bale is all yours. Reckon Ancelotti will stay, long as the season ends in a defiant final charge for something. We really should have been 10 clear by now. How the hell we're four back is a riddle I'll never decipher.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Mar 2015, 8:29 pm

kingraf wrote:How the hell we're four back is a riddle I'll never decipher.

I'll decipher it for you, you've been sh*t

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Mar 2015, 8:34 pm

John wrote:
kingraf wrote:How the hell we're four back is a riddle I'll never decipher.

I'll decipher it for you, you've been sh*t

Laugh

John, can you go on Revista De La Liga & replace Albert Ferrer, because I can't understand him & your analysis is superb & straight to the point.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 Mon 23 Mar 2015, 9:52 pm

When you pay big money, you expect big things. Luis Suarez, massive transfer fee and undoubted talent, proved his worth yesterday. Have the pratt Neymar actually passed more to Suarez, Suarez probably would've bagged a hat trick.

Real missed the cutting edge that James would've provided. The midfield looked rather clueless at times. Poor old Gareth Bale's fall from grace has been very sad to witness. If he goes to Manchester, maybe fellow Wales legend Giggs can get him back to his old self.

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 23 Mar 2015, 11:01 pm

Or at least shag his missus
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 23 Mar 2015, 11:09 pm

He'd deserve it on this seasons form.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Apr 2015, 10:41 am

Real Madrid have agreed to sign Porto's Brazilian right-back Danilo for £23m at the end of the season.

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Wed 01 Apr 2015, 10:49 am

Good signing. I guess that means Arbeloa is leaving then. But I wonder what this means for Carvajal. Having 2 of the best young right backs in the world is quite a conundrum. We can rotate and such but a part of me feels that the signing was made to stop barca getting him.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 01 Apr 2015, 5:36 pm

One of them will probably move to Centre back. Worked well enough (most of the time) with Ramos. Pépé is ageing, and Varane is not quite there yet. Alternatively, Perez could just be doing a Perez and strengthening positions we have no issues in.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Mon 06 Apr 2015, 9:09 pm

Interesting day of football in La Liga yesterday. Real Madrid destroyed Granada 9-1. Ronaldo bagged 5 goals and moved 4 goals clear of Leo Messi in the race for the Pichichi. Gareth Bale scored twice(Ronaldo didn't celebrate either goal, yet celebrated his own goals like he'd won the World Cup) and Karim Benzema bagged a couple as well.

Later in the evening Barcelona edged a tight game with Celta 1-0, with a thumping Jeremy Mathieu header earning 3 vital points. Neymar Jr was shocking for the 5/6 game in a row, Enrique must bite the bullet and bench him.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 Wed 08 Apr 2015, 9:26 pm

Barcelona beat Almeria 4-0 earlier this evening. Messi, Suarez(x2) and Bartra on the score sheet for the Catalans. For the time being moving 7 points clear of Real Madrid. But Real are playing @ Rayo now.

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Apr 2015, 11:10 pm

Jermaine2015 wrote:Real are playing @ Rayo now.

Rayo 0-2 Real Madrid (Ronaldo & Rodriguez)

Barcelona lead cut back to four points

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 09 Apr 2015, 12:23 am

Bale hasn't flopped, he just isn't the star. Is that a surprise? No, Ronaldo is the star and you don't get two. People still wonder to Neymar and Suarez's worth; Bale has shown more than them. To some extent you wonder what a man has to do to get approval; Champions League final goal and that goal against Barca last year would get most people's vote. But at Real? There's much to do with being the right face sometimes with that club.

He'd excel in the Premier League again. Do United need him? Yes. Not sure what better player they can get of his type. I like Ashley Young and he's been great this year, but Young or Bale?

I wish Barca would slip, I had a pre season bet of Saints top half, Blackpool relegated and Real to win La Liga. That's £80 sitting there waiting on Real to take the league.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 09 Apr 2015, 9:56 am

Babe's problem is that he cost £90 million. More than costing £90 million, he had the temerity to cost £90 million and put out Olivier Giroud numbers. And now, not even that. There's an argument that Bale didn't evaluate it himself, and there is obviously an element of truth to that, but he's certainly taken the pay packet of a player worth £90 million.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Thu 09 Apr 2015, 10:06 am

He just spends a lot of times in a lot of games doing next to nothing.

Ronaldo doesn't do much going backwards but he busts his arse making forward runs and scores 50 a season so that's tolerated.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 10 Apr 2015, 4:12 pm

Cristiano Ronaldo has his yellow card for diving, Rescinded so no longer banned for game vs Eibar.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 11 Apr 2015, 9:36 pm

Barcelona draw 2-2 with Sevilla

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Sat 11 Apr 2015, 9:44 pm

Could be a pivital day in the race for the La Liga title.

Real Madrid eased passed Eibar with a 2-0 win. Goals from Ronaldo, Chicharito and Jese.

Atletico drew 2-2 away at Malaga and are now likely to be under pressure from Valencia for p3. Antoine Griezmann scored twice for Atleti, he's now got 18 league goals this season, but a Fernando Torres OG and Samuel Garcia's goals seemed like winning it for Malaga until Griezmann saved the day.

But the biggest story was Barcelona blowing a 2-0 lead away at Sevilla, and having to eventually settle for a 2-2 draw. Messi and Neymar Jr put Barcelona in control. But Sevilla exerted pressure and goals from Banega and Gameiro earned them a deserved point.

Barcelona's lead is now a mere 2 points.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 11 Apr 2015, 9:55 pm

Like I said after clasico - we win all our games, we win La Liga. Barça are too inconsistent.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Sat 11 Apr 2015, 9:57 pm

kingraf wrote:Like I said after clasico - we win all our games, we win La Liga. Barça are too inconsistent.
Easy tiger, Madrid still have to go to Sevilla. Whom are still undefeated at home in the league.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 11 Apr 2015, 10:00 pm

Hence us having to win all our games.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 11 Apr 2015, 10:31 pm

Come on Real!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 12 Apr 2015, 6:56 pm

Villareal defender Mateo Musacchio has broken his ankle vs Getafe. It was very strange his ankle just gave out whilst running.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Sun 19 Apr 2015, 12:54 pm

Modric out AGAIN for six weeks. Sad
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Sun 26 Apr 2015, 10:35 pm

Barcelona retained their 2 point lead over Real Mardid after this weekends fixtures.
Barcelona won the Catalan derby 2-0, goals from Neymar Jr and Leo Messi, over Espanyol. Atletico beat beat Elche 3-0, with two goals from the magnificent Antoine Griezmann(he's up to 22 league goals this season) and one from Raul Garcia. Then on Sunday evening Real Madrid beat Celta 4-2, goals from Toni Kroos, a brace from El Chicharito and another from James.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Mon 27 Apr 2015, 10:59 am

Was a great attacking game between Celta and Real. End to end stuff.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 29 Apr 2015, 8:59 pm

James Rodriguez.

#ThatIsAll
#ILied
#He'Frak
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 29 Apr 2015, 9:00 pm

Thought Fuc.kingAmazing would sneak through the filter
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 29 Apr 2015, 9:55 pm

Must say. Bale was obviously bought to be the Ronaldo replacement. But James just has IT. Star power in spades, and is genuinely capable of some fantastical moments of magic. Ronaldo isn't out of it yet, he's still the Big Boss. But James is heir to the throne.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 Wed 29 Apr 2015, 9:59 pm

kingraf wrote:Must say. Bale was obviously bought to be the Ronaldo replacement. But James just has IT. Star power in spades, and is genuinely capable of some fantastical moments of magic. Ronaldo isn't out of it yet, he's still the Big Boss. But James is heir to the throne.
Gareth Bale likely to return to EPL this summer?

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 29 Apr 2015, 10:04 pm

Don't think so. If he cost £30 million, maybe. But at the price he cost, I think he'll be at Santiago till at least next season, and maybe the one after.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Jermaine2015 Wed 29 Apr 2015, 10:06 pm

kingraf wrote:Don't think so. If he cost £30 million, maybe. But at the price he cost, I think he'll be at Santiago till at least next season, and maybe the one after.  
We(FC Bayern) can swap Franck Ribery...go on you know you're tempted!

Jermaine2015

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 29 Apr 2015, 10:13 pm

A younger Ribery, certainly. In a heartbeat. Now though? No thank you. Maybe Muller though. Lord knows I don't understand what exactly he has, but he scores a lot goals, and is a winner.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Apr 2015, 11:12 pm

Problem with James, is that he's a 'moments' player. Wonder goal here or there, does go missing for periods. Doesn't have the pace to get onto the next level, don't get me wrong, has fantastic technical ability & a left foot up there with the best, just don't think he will go on to be a heir to the throne. Will James be a forty to fifty goals a season player, no chance, doubt he will ever score 20 in a season.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Wed 29 Apr 2015, 11:28 pm

LiamB wrote:Problem with James, is that he's a 'moments' player. Wonder goal here or there, does go missing for periods. Doesn't have the pace to get onto the next level, don't get me wrong, has fantastic technical ability & a left foot up there with the best, just don't think he will go on to be a heir to the throne. Will James be a forty to fifty goals a season player, no chance, doubt he will ever score 20 in a season.

Your assessment is totally wide of the mark.

James might not be a 50 goal a season player, but he's far from a 'moments' player. It's James' first season at Real, he's got 15 goals. He also missed 8 weeks with a broken foot.

Need I remind you James carried both AS Monaco and Colombia last year after their star man Falcao got injured.

I'd have James over someone overrated like Hazard everyday of the week.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 29 Apr 2015, 11:32 pm

LiamB wrote:Problem with James, is that he's a 'moments' player. Wonder goal here or there, does go missing for periods. Doesn't have the pace to get onto the next level, don't get me wrong, has fantastic technical ability & a left foot up there with the best, just don't think he will go on to be a heir to the throne. Will James be a forty to fifty goals a season player, no chance, doubt he will ever score 20 in a season.

Ignoring Gerry's usual diatribe this is a fairly spot on assessment, he's a very good player and when he's hot he's hot but playing for Madrid people do go overboard the moment he has a good game, injury or not he's not had a great season by any stretch of the imagination.

Just for the record Gerry, he isn't in Hazards class, not by a long shot.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Wed 29 Apr 2015, 11:35 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:

Ignoring Gerry's usual diatribe this is a fairly spot on assessment, he's a very good player and when he's hot he's hot but playing for Madrid people do go overboard the moment he has a good game, injury or not he's not had a great season by any stretch of the imagination.

Just for the record Gerry, he isn't in Hazards class, not by a long shot.

Keep talking outta your arse, we'll just keep gazing at your class system with jealousy.

Where was Hazard at the World Cup? Did his usual job of going missing in the big games.

As for left sided wingers/playmakers - Griezmann, Neymar Jr, Reus, Cristiano Ronaldo all put it on Hazard.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 29 Apr 2015, 11:38 pm

Funny you say that where exactly was Ronaldo in the world cup, oh yes that's no real indication of individual ability is it but do carry on with the xenophobia.

Griezmann and Reus, that's funny that is.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Wed 29 Apr 2015, 11:42 pm

Hazard would be laughed out of the Spanish league after one season. If Bale gets no love(who dicks on Hazard) what would Hazard bring to the table?

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 29 Apr 2015, 11:44 pm

Do carry on Gerry I need a good laugh.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Wed 29 Apr 2015, 11:46 pm

Being part of a side that wins a weak league really proves nothing. 10 men PSG showed how average Hazard truly is.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 29 Apr 2015, 11:47 pm

Brilliant, truly outstanding analysis as per usual Gerry.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Wed 29 Apr 2015, 11:49 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Brilliant, truly outstanding analysis as per usual Gerry.
As the great Rafa once said 'facts'.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 29 Apr 2015, 11:51 pm

I may as well use Germany and USA as a fact to dismiss Ronaldo, may as well throw Messi in there while i'm at it.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 29 Apr 2015, 11:55 pm

The widely derided Rafa "facts" press conference, you mean?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next