The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why Does The IBF Love Lamont Peterson So Much?!

+3
TopHat24/7
jimdig
AlexHuckerby
7 posters

Go down

Why Does The IBF Love Lamont Peterson So Much?! Empty Why Does The IBF Love Lamont Peterson So Much?!

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 10 Aug - 4:34

Seriously, why?!

It doesn't make much sense to me...

Looking at everything that has happened in the past few years in Petersons career it is ridiculous that he continues to hold onto that IBF Belt. For starters there was the Khan fight, a fight in which most had him losing and that was of course shrouded in a heck of a lot of controversy, only to later then be shown that he was on PED's for the first fight and taking testosterone to help him in the second also. He gets banned, keeps the win over Khan and doesn't get stripped. Is it about the money Peterson generates, well in his comeback fight he faces off against Kendall Holt, he earns $50,000 for a world title defence. Pretty shoddy. He then signs with Golden Boy, fights Matthysse, gets decapitated in 3, but the IBF don't sanction the fight as Matthysse holds the WBA interim version and they don't allow unifications with interim titles, but they still don't strip him of it, and he still doesn't face a mandatory. The IBF are notorious for making fighters face there mandatories, usually around every 6 months, Peterson has held his since 2011 and around this time it is 2013... But finally he faces his mandatory Dierry Jean, looks ok and defends his title, and has now just beaten a ridiculously soft touch in Santana. Garcia's fight against Rod Salka didn't even get sanctioned, that's how much of a mismatch they felt that was (Garcia just blew Salka away in two) this was just as bad but they allow the fight to go on and Peterson wins without getting out of first gear. He still holds the IBF title and I ask... HOW!?

He looks to be fighting Danny Garcia next, and will most likely be beaten in this one so at long last we can move the belt off of Petersons waist as it really is another insult to the sport.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Why Does The IBF Love Lamont Peterson So Much?! Empty Re: Why Does The IBF Love Lamont Peterson So Much?!

Post by jimdig Sun 10 Aug - 9:22

Will he lose his belt in a unification fight with Garcia though? I can't believe he's still relevant either. The khan debacle really grates, I thought he clearly lost the fight, even with the refs suspect point docking. But the surgically implanted testosterone pellets by some quack in Vegas, while he lives in D.C. Because he apparently has the testosterone levels of a 12 year old girl took the biscuit. 

So if he's got the testosterone levels of a 12 year old girl is he still on these pellets? There has been no follow up, that question should be pushed on him before every fight, but he seems to get a free pass. I don't understand it either. He's nothing special so why the special treatment?

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Why Does The IBF Love Lamont Peterson So Much?! Empty Re: Why Does The IBF Love Lamont Peterson So Much?!

Post by TopHat24/7 Sun 10 Aug - 13:19

Because they're corrupt cheat-endorsing moral-less scumbags.

LP should be banned from the sport.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 10 Aug - 17:44

TopHat24/7 wrote:Because they're corrupt cheat-endorsing moral-less scumbags.

I hate people that sit on the fence..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Sun 10 Aug - 18:14

When he got splattered by Matthysse I thought that would be the end of him. How he gets to fight the guy that beat the guy that splattered him is beyond me. He's not exciting, not that good, has no charisma, and worst of all found to be not clean. I hope Garcia puts him into the boxing wilderness where he belongs.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 11 Aug - 9:05

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:Because they're corrupt cheat-endorsing moral-less scumbags.

I hate people that sit on the fence..

Good to have you back Truss  Cool 

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by sittingringside Mon 11 Aug - 12:34

He probably pays all his sanctioning fees on time.

sittingringside

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Tue 12 Aug - 19:44

I hear Lamont Peterson is good mates with Floyd Mayweather Jr. 

I guess that helps to overcome 'difficulties'...

Anyway both Garcia-Peterson have stated that they will move up after their unification fight.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 13 Aug - 9:05

At least if they do we might get to see Mayweather completely school Garcia and make him look a fool.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down