The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England vs India - Second Test - Lords

+37
Hood83
Nakatomi Plaza
kingdaveeagle
CaledonianCraig
Biltong
jimbohammers
trebellbobaggins
VTR
Pal Joey
ChequeredJersey
liverbnz
subhranshu.kumar.5
mystiroakey
Fernando
Scrumpy
Liam
hampo17
JDizzle
Corporalhumblebucket
Dorothy_Mantooth
djlovesyou
ncfclad1991
LivinginItaly
Gerry SA
msp83
Hoggy_Bear
ShankyCricket
DirectView2
alfie
GSC
kingraf
guildfordbat
Mat
Duty281
NickisBHAFC
KP_fan
Good Golly I'm Olly
41 posters

Page 2 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Go down

England vs India - Second Test - Lords - Page 2 Empty England vs India - Second Test - Lords

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 13 Jul 2014, 7:40 pm

First topic message reminder :

Seeming as we have such a short turnaround thought I'd stick up a thread

England have added Simon Kerrigan to the squad interestingly. I'd imagine he must be in serious contention, or else what's the point of adding another body?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

England vs India - Second Test - Lords - Page 2 Empty Re: England vs India - Second Test - Lords

Post by msp83 Tue 15 Jul 2014, 7:56 pm

The ECB is filing a counter complaint against Jadeja it seems.

msp83

Back to top Go down

England vs India - Second Test - Lords - Page 2 Empty Re: England vs India - Second Test - Lords

Post by msp83 Tue 15 Jul 2014, 7:59 pm

Anderson is likely to play the next game as the judicial commissioner is not yet appointed by the ICC. Will be interesting to see how he goes about and how the Indians respond to him.......

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 15 Jul 2014, 8:04 pm

It's nonsense. If India were so outraged this is 5 days old.

ECB shouldn't have sank to their level
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Tue 15 Jul 2014, 8:57 pm

msp83 wrote:Anderson is likely to play the next game as the judicial commissioner is not yet appointed by the ICC. Will be interesting to see how he goes about and how the Indians respond to him.......

Srini is reviewing CVs for judicial commissioner candidates Wink

KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Tue 15 Jul 2014, 9:18 pm

bbc.sports wrote:

BBC Radio 5 live's Pat Murphy said: "Both the ECB and the Indian Board have tried to resolve the situation amicably but I understand Indian captain MS Dhoni is determined to push the matter forward.
Anderson's case could be heard on Wednesday, with the second Test at Lord's due to start on Thursday.
Under ICC rules, any ban handed down would not be suspended pending the outcome of an appeal.

so the decision will be made on Wed....will give much deserved "rest" to the driven in the ground an fatigued anderson...that all were moaning and complaining about.
AND create natural opening for Captain's favourite Kerrigan to fit in laughing 
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Wed 16 Jul 2014, 6:41 am

Pitch is reportedly green.
and Ind has confirmed Binny will play.
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 16 Jul 2014, 6:47 am

A few pics of the pitch seem to confirm those reports but then the same things were being said of it before the Sri Lanka game and it was a road
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Wed 16 Jul 2014, 7:04 am

A bit of grass alone won't make it a seamer's pitch. Lets see how it actually shapes up, and there is a day more to cut all that grass anyways.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Wed 16 Jul 2014, 8:22 am

msp83 wrote:A bit of grass alone won't make it a seamer's pitch. Lets see how it actually shapes up, and there is a day more to cut all that grass anyways.

there are different yardsticks for what Indian's call seaming pitch.

if there is some grass and some carry Lords may be no less than the seaming pitch in Mohali...and that's enough for our seamers to work with....who complain less , who put their head down and get on with the job of bowling.
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Wed 16 Jul 2014, 3:08 pm

By the way, on the Anderson saga, it emerges that the Indian side complained not 5 days after the issue, but within 24 hours, and an ICC lawyer also was involved it seems to try and resolve the problem through mediation.
We don't have the full facts before us, but if Anderson got physical, then he has to face action.......

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Wed 16 Jul 2014, 3:09 pm

http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-v-india-2014/content/current/story/760805.html

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Wed 16 Jul 2014, 3:19 pm

Some more details on the issue.
http://indianexpress.com/article/sports/cricket/anderson-faces-up-to-four-test-ban-for-pushing-abusing-jadeja/

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Wed 16 Jul 2014, 3:40 pm

The Indian skipper MS Dhoni gives a few hints here.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-v-india-2014/content/current/story/760891.html

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Wed 16 Jul 2014, 4:10 pm

from dhoni's talk it appears the English players and especially some of them have have aggrieved India in the past and gotten away
Anderson is one and I would suspect Swann and Board are the otehrs.
And this time they have nailed Anderson with evidence....and so payback time.
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 16 Jul 2014, 4:21 pm

Apart from being far more gorgeous and skilled than any of the Indian cricket team, what exactly has darling James Anderson done?

Thank you to India, though, for motivating Anderson and the English team right on the eve of the second test...much obliged!

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Wed 16 Jul 2014, 4:43 pm

Cook continues to come across as a man who has really lost it all. If Anderson has got physical, then there is no way he should get away with it. Cook should not talk nonsense just like that, or come clear whether he thinks getting physical is perfectly acceptable and is part of the game. The guy who wanted something to be done about Shane Warne because Warne criticized him, the guy who thought the Sri Lankans crossed a line just because they played within the laws and spirit of the game, continues to be ludicrous.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-v-india-2014/content/story/760907.html

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 16 Jul 2014, 4:46 pm

Well said, Cooky, it is, indeed, a tactic from this dastardly Indian team.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 16 Jul 2014, 4:56 pm

Telegraph Sport understands the pair exchanged insults as the two teams entered the narrow corridor in the Trent Bridge pavilion. Jadeja turned around to confront Anderson, who, it is claimed, pushed him away and told him to go to his own dressing room. It is understood that the Indian construed this as Anderson threatening to continue the physical confrontation in the dressing room. This will be denied by the England players.

lmao. Fairly blatantly an attempt to unsettle Anderson and try and buy a cheap suspension.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Wed 16 Jul 2014, 5:04 pm

So you can push players away as part of sledging? And whatever happened to keeping things on the field on the field itself? What was Jimmy doing after they left the field for lunch?
There is no need to be pushed around by such arrogant prigs. No need whatsoever to take any such nonsense.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Wed 16 Jul 2014, 5:16 pm

Perhaps England captain whats his name Alastair Moaner ? Whiner? should read this.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-v-india-2014/content/story/760931.html

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 16 Jul 2014, 5:24 pm

So the two get into a heated talk as they leave the field, Jadeja confronts Anderson, Anderson pushes him away and tells him to go to his own locker room and the Indians wet themselves.

Smacks massively of India trying to get Anderson suspended. Sounds pretty trivial if we're being honest.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 16 Jul 2014, 5:25 pm

Handbags at dawn is the phrase I believe
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 16 Jul 2014, 6:10 pm

I'm with the Indian ensemble on this. You can't be pushing a player. If Anderson is guilty (and I truly have no idea) a suspension is really the only course. Trading insults is as old as the game, putting your hands on someone (yep even just a push) is assault.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Wed 16 Jul 2014, 6:29 pm

This is the latest from the ECB.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-v-india-2014/content/story/760953.html

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 16 Jul 2014, 6:30 pm

GSC wrote:So the two get into a heated talk as they leave the field, Jadeja confronts Anderson, Anderson pushes him away and tells him to go to his own locker room and the Indians wet themselves.

Smacks massively of India trying to get Anderson suspended. Sounds pretty trivial if we're being honest.

Wouldn't expect any different from India; a truly pathetic team.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Wed 16 Jul 2014, 6:31 pm

The ECB and their cry baby skipper appear more and more desperate by the minute!.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Wed 16 Jul 2014, 6:32 pm

Any of the holier than thou lot remember the name calling that David Warner received during the last 2 Ashes series?

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 16 Jul 2014, 6:36 pm

msp83 wrote:Any of the holier than thou lot remember the name calling that David Warner received during the last 2 Ashes series?

What's wrong with sledging?

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Wed 16 Jul 2014, 6:41 pm

GSC wrote:So the two get into a heated talk as they leave the field, Jadeja confronts Anderson, Anderson pushes him away and tells him to go to his own locker room and the Indians wet themselves.

So you think getting physical is the fair and acceptable way to settle a werbal argument in the name of sledging and we should have no reason to complain?

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Wed 16 Jul 2014, 6:45 pm

Duty281 wrote:
msp83 wrote:Any of the holier than thou lot remember the name calling that David Warner received during the last 2 Ashes series?

What's wrong with sledging?
Was not referring to sledging. was talking about the abuse he received following his 'minor incident' involving Root, and then the stick he got after his comments in a media interaction during the last series.
Anyways, is getting physical, pushing, shoving, punching and more, acceptable forms of sledging?

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 16 Jul 2014, 6:49 pm

Presently, there is no evidence either way for whether Anderson instigated a clash with Jadeja or not. It may even have been the other way round, for all we know.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Wed 16 Jul 2014, 6:56 pm

When Jadeja and Dhoni were batting, Anderson more than ones had words at Jadeja and at one point the Indian skipper also had to intervene. So far, even the ECB or England's cry baby skipper haven't denied the aligation of physical contact as such.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 16 Jul 2014, 7:21 pm

Jadeja charged for taking steps towards Anderson in an aggressive and threatening manner.

As I said, handbags at dawn. Pretty pathetic ploy to try and get Anderson banned
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Wed 16 Jul 2014, 7:28 pm

Yeah, basically, Jadeja has come at Anderson and got up in his face and Jimmy has merely defended his personal space by swatting the little rat away.

I don't see any problem with a little shove to create a bit of daylight when someone is getting right in your face in an aggressive manner.

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 16 Jul 2014, 7:33 pm

msp83 wrote:When Jadeja and Dhoni were batting, Anderson more than ones had words at Jadeja and at one point the Indian skipper also had to intervene. So far, even the ECB or England's cry baby skipper haven't denied the aligation of physical contact as such.

If Cook's a "cry baby" (very mature by the way, my six year old cousin was most impressed) then what does that make Dhoni? I mean, it was Dhoni who complained first.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Wed 16 Jul 2014, 7:33 pm

Ha Ha Ha...whichever way this cookie crumbles....it's guaranteed fun....here are some thoughts:

1) Dunno why Captain Weasel and ECB and some English fans would get defensive ......the matter is with ICC, they will appoint an investigator who will determine facts.
And if Anderson touched Jadeja he is gone for 4 games...else he will get away with a smaller fine or may be even scot free

2) Eng lodged a level 2 complain against Jadeja......and if convicted he will get a 1 test ban or a fine or might get away scot free if no evidence found against him.

From where we stand technically Jadeja and Anderson are in same boat until the verdict comes.

3) Eng claim this might be strategic by India to get Anderson out...maybe  Shocked 

But the jury here is not India but one from ICC...so India merely wanting Anderson out is not enough..they should be able t prove it.

they have pressed the charges confidently implies that they have some solid evidence like eye-witnesses or maybe some kind of video recording or CCTV footage

3) Finer points.....Eng's complain came 6 days after against india's within 24 hours.....sounds like a weak attempt to attack in response as a defense.

Already the English attack is level-2 against a level-3 allegation...so it's sorta an admission of a greater fault on part of Anderson.

that is came so late implies also lack of confidence in their evidence.

However from here we can only conjecture.....truth will be out when the ICC investigator declares the verdict.

4) It would be shameful for ECB and also Cook...if Anderson were to come out guilty...for instead of taking position.....physical contact should be strongly discouraged and let truth be investigated..they have tried to first underplay and then blindly defend anderson.
Blindly...because Cook said that he has not seen the incident himself.

Maybe Cook is beyond shame by now after all that he has suffered but ECB should not be.

5) Last...question to ponder.....would Cook/ ECB have blindly defended KP, Trott, Ali, Panesar, Rankin  Rolling Eyes 
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 16 Jul 2014, 7:35 pm

Yeah, I mean players shouldn't physically interact with each other sure, but Jadeja pretty much loses that defense when he gets into Jimmys face. He pushed him away and told him to go to his own locker room. Pretty embarrassing that India reported it, and that the ECB sank to their level and responded.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 16 Jul 2014, 7:38 pm

Actually for the unread amongst us, who are keen to fill their keyboards with baseless accusations and act like schoolchildren, may I just say that four Tests is the maximum ban for Anderson's offence, with a minimum of two Tests.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Wed 16 Jul 2014, 7:38 pm

KP_fan wrote:

5) Last...question to ponder.....would Cook/ ECB have blindly defended KP, Trott, Ali, Panesar, Rankin  Rolling Eyes 

Cutting out your wall of text composed mainly of mindless wittering.

Do you think Cook/ECB would have defended those players as much, and if not, why not?

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Wed 16 Jul 2014, 7:47 pm

djlovesyou wrote:
KP_fan wrote:

Do you think Cook/ECB would have defended those players as much, and if not, why not?

Don't encourage him/her! It's a shame the cricket board on here has been ruined by the same posters day after day, bringing in KP into almost every England related post.

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Wed 16 Jul 2014, 7:53 pm

djlovesyou wrote:
KP_fan wrote:

mindless wittering..it doesn't become by merely your saying so.,......unless you logically answer.
Just like anderson doesn't become a convict by merely India accusing him  idea 

i wrote a note on the England spin options thread......in continuation with same thought...reposted here

https://www.606v2.com/t54721-england-spin-options#2719908

Monty is being targetted.......it has been evident many immigrant background turned brits are being targeted with an ultra-high expectation on behavior, discipline, how to talk and walk etc etc.....

Trott was another one......treated like a beast of burden by ECB inspite of knowing he had a mental illness till he broke down beyond fixing

KP......the man who Strauss, Flower and Eng owe half of their wins to....his shambolic treatment is of epic proportions

Boyd Rankin.....stolen, mishandled and god knows dumped where

and Ali...if he is dumped here god forbid......he might breakdown...and then his breakdown will be used as an example to hang him..

while the favored children of ECB.......p.i.ss on pitches, curse on camera, send bitter messages on twitter, bite their teammates in books......and get away scot free
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 16 Jul 2014, 7:56 pm

I put Swamy on ignore. Seems the mods give him as much leeway as a Sri Lankan spinner on here as on the original 606.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Wed 16 Jul 2014, 8:01 pm

Oh wow, is that Swamy? Never realised that although I don't really post much on the cricket boards.

That's a blast from the past. Some things never change.

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 16 Jul 2014, 8:04 pm

The persona and posting styles are pretty much exact. You'd think you'd have grown out of posting drivel daily for so long.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Wed 16 Jul 2014, 8:11 pm

djlovesyou wrote:Oh wow, is that Swamy? Never realised that although I don't really post much on the cricket boards.

That's a blast from the past. Some things never change.

If not Swamy, then certainly from the same stable!

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Wed 16 Jul 2014, 8:11 pm

Yep, just like England victimised Zimbabwean born Ballance for going on a drunken binge post the Test match. Oh no wait, they said he had done nothing to contravene team rules and backed him fully. But that didn't fit your 'ECB are racists' rhetoric.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Wed 16 Jul 2014, 8:17 pm

JDizzle wrote:Yep, just like England victimised Zimbabwean born Ballance for going on a drunken binge post the Test match. Oh no wait, they said he had done nothing to contravene team rules and backed him fully. But that didn't fit your 'ECB are racists' rhetoric.
he was warned publicly by Eng coach...first warning issued....matter of one or two more little incidents before he is hung-out publicly as a disciplinary example
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Wed 16 Jul 2014, 8:19 pm

Lets not bring players who are not involved here in this context, so those who think there is nothing to complain think there is absolutely nothing wrong in getting physical in the name of sledging and that it should be encouraged and any attempt to the contrary should be considered against the spirit of cricket?
Now the ECB and their fanclub say Jadeja turned around at Anderson. What was the origin point of all that Who instigated it?

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Wed 16 Jul 2014, 8:25 pm

Perhaps the ECB should learn a few things from the way the Australians dealt with the Warner situation. I thought they went a bit overboard in dealing with him, but at least they were being honest unlike the holier than thou hypocrites

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Wed 16 Jul 2014, 8:25 pm

Who started it arguments further descend this into a childish spat. From what we know so far, which is all heresay, Jadeja shouldn't have got up in Anderson's personal space and Anderson shouldn't have raised his hands. If what has come out is what has happened, then both will receive bans I would imagine. It all depends on the eye witness accounts I would imagine.

You can argue sledging is 'against the spirit of cricket', but you're only getting banned for it if you are stupid enough (See M Clarke) to get caught on Stump Mic abusing someone.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next