The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your thoughts on Callum Smith?

+3
AdamT
Dipper Brown
buttermancan
7 posters

Go down

Your thoughts on Callum Smith? Empty Your thoughts on Callum Smith?

Post by buttermancan Sat 12 Jul 2014, 10:20 pm

What does everyone think?
I ask this because I think he looks really good but my big criticism of him is that everyone he's fought has been much smaller than him. I appreciate that he's naturally bigger than most of the others in his weight class but everyone he's come up against looks like they're in one or two weight classes below. Now I'm a big boxing fan and have done some novice boxing before And I know I'd get annihilated by an experienced boxer but if I had some talent I'd be able to cut to super middle and I'm 6ft 3". It would definitely give me an advantage over others

buttermancan

Back to top Go down

Your thoughts on Callum Smith? Empty Re: Your thoughts on Callum Smith?

Post by Dipper Brown Sat 12 Jul 2014, 10:23 pm

Definitely has an advantage, genetically speaking. Why not make the most of it though? Super middleweight is a prestigious division and if he can make the weight safely and rehydrate then he should see how far he can go in the division

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by buttermancan Sat 12 Jul 2014, 10:28 pm

Fair point Dipper Brown. I'm totally for being tall at the weight as it gives you an advantage for sure. It's what id do. I wonder if he'll struggle at the weight at some point

buttermancan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Sat 12 Jul 2014, 10:29 pm

I tell you what as I've advanced in years, I've found it harder to keep the weight off

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sat 12 Jul 2014, 11:23 pm

I'd say he will end up at light heavy eventually. Saw him live a couple times. I think he is the real deal. For a tall guy he is good at getting inside and going to the body. If he can take a good shot and has no stamina issues, I think he will go very far.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Sat 12 Jul 2014, 11:30 pm

Callum should fight Marco Antonio Rubio before fighting for a title, that would be a real test against a smaller man. sooner than that he should fight unbeaten J'Leon Love (watched his fight against biosse).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny4dYxk7yKg

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 13 Jul 2014, 6:18 pm

After last night were Smith hit Biosse with everything and the kitchen sink I am questioning how much of a guide those 9 knockouts in a row actually are in terms of his power.

It was a good fight for Smith and he won easily. It should benefit him doing the rounds. He's only had something like 12 fights but Eddie seems keen to move him along.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 13 Jul 2014, 6:20 pm

Love is a decent fighter, think that Smith gets to him to be honest, a bit of a plodder in Periban almost had him out not too long ago (Although Periban has mixed it with some decent company) don't rate Lvoe all too much and I'm pretty sure he got done for Banned substance use not too long ago. Would fancy Smith to stop Love as he doesn't appear all that durable at SMW and rather small, might really struggle with the height of Smith.

Rubio would be a good test, although him going to SMW tips the balance over to Smith a tad too much you not think 3fingers? Then again in fairness to that thought when he fought and beat Lemeiux (SP) he was probably outweighed a decent amount and hwen he fought the Cruiserweig... I mean Middleweight version of JCC Jr he was outweighed heavily and did very well... Mind you none of those seem to quite have the finesse that Smith appears to have.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 13 Jul 2014, 6:25 pm

The Rosado/Love debacle was on the Mayweather/Guerrero undercard I believe Alex, got a gift of a decision then failed a drugs test for a diuretic at which point he immediately moved up to 168lbs.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down