The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Martinez vs Cotto... Just how fit is Martinez?

+5
hazharrison
Hammersmith harrier
Strongback
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
kingraf
9 posters

Go down

Martinez vs Cotto... Just how fit is Martinez? Empty Martinez vs Cotto... Just how fit is Martinez?

Post by kingraf Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:12 am

Been following the build up to this clash, and I must say I'm a little worried about how shop worn Martinez is. NYSAC just turned down Sergio's request to wear a knee brace for the clash. Lou says the knee is fine, 100%, but it wasn't even two weeks ago when Sergio admitted it wasn't in fact 100%. Getting a brace for your knee suggests one of two things: Either the knee isn't right, or he doesn't think it is. Neither make for a confident punter. Changed my prediction - Either Sergio gets him out sharpish, or he starts slowly, falls behind, and then wills himself to a late Knockout.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Martinez vs Cotto... Just how fit is Martinez? Empty Re: Martinez vs Cotto... Just how fit is Martinez?

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:20 pm

Too big for cotto, it's an easy fight to call imo even if his kneee isn't 100%

He wouldn't go into a fight this size if he wasn't ready and Cotto doesn't have the size, power and strength of murray to take advanage of sergios injuries

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Martinez vs Cotto... Just how fit is Martinez? Empty Re: Martinez vs Cotto... Just how fit is Martinez?

Post by Strongback Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:37 pm

Been a fan of Cotto for many years but I don't see how he has any chance of winning this fight. Its a step too far like when Duran fought Hearns.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:38 pm

According to the other half the answer is very.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:28 pm

He is well fit....

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:31 pm

Martinez had asked for a tune up fight after surgery to ensure fitness, the cotto camp said no. The knee brace is now not allowed, and rumours from the camp are that the knee is not right. Team cotto have gambled on Martinez being crocked. I think they'll find out that gambling doesn't pay.
Too big, too strong, too fast, too skilled, shy of doing a Tonya Harding on Martinez, Cotto is going to be in a whole heap of trouble.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:19 pm

Really not sure. If knee is good he should be more than capable of getting past Cotto even if past his best.

If the knee still isn't right then it could be a factor later on in the fight.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:26 am

Martinez is riddled with injuries now. I've heard him say in interviews that he's in constant pain and is constantly rehabbing his knee injuries. It's a legitimate factor for this fight. Like others, I think even if Martinez is at 70% then he still takes this fight. Even with reduced mobility, he has fast hands, good shot variety, and power enough to hurt/muscle Cotto. I hope to see him win and possibly retire. I think he's too shot to fight GGG now. I hope I'm wrong though.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:50 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:According to the other half the answer is very.

I don't swing that way, but he is an Adonis, isn't he? (asked genuinely)
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:57 am

kingraf wrote:

Why would it mean you were gay if you admitted you could appreciate why people thought another man was good looking

I can see the attraction in George Clooney and Johnny Depp and whilst I'd drag my nads over broken glass for a night with Scarlett Johansson I'd also drag them back again to avoid having anything to do with the dreary Gwyneth Paltrow.

For the record, I don't think Martinez is that much of a looker (thankfully it doesn't really matter.....in the sport of boxing)

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:23 am

DAVE667 wrote:
kingraf wrote:

Why would it mean you were gay if you admitted you could appreciate why people thought another man was good looking

I can see the attraction in George Clooney and Johnny Depp and whilst I'd drag my nads over broken glass for a night with Scarlett Johansson I'd also drag them back again to avoid having anything to do with the dreary Gwyneth Paltrow.

For the record, I don't think Martinez is that much of a looker (thankfully it doesn't really matter.....in the sport of boxing)

You're quite right, Dave, but if it's all the same I'd rather not try and justify why I find Martinez attractive.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:47 am

kingraf wrote:You're quite right, Dave, but if it's all the same I'd rather not try and justify why I find Martinez attractive.

Gave me a chuckle on a bit of a dreary day

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:05 pm

kingraf wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
kingraf wrote:

You're quite right, Dave, but if it's all the same I'd rather not try and justify why I find Martinez attractive.
Why not, no one will think any the worse of you? Come on Raf tell us just what it is about Sergio that makes you go all weak at the knees

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down