The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New League - what would get you involved?

+13
cherriesfna
FIFA Diva
Bull
Good Golly I'm Olly
Trebs
Hero
sodhat
GSC
Azzy
Fernando
Marky
The_Enigma
Afro
17 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

New League - what would get you involved? - Page 2 Empty New League - what would get you involved?

Post by Afro Wed 28 May 2014, 8:29 am

First topic message reminder :

A lot of the old leagues have died off and there is a general sense of apathy towards the old styles.

This page is for anyone and everyone, past, present and future, to put down their ideas and thoughts of what should or shouldn't be in the old league. It is free form and no idea or criticism is a bad one. Lets get something going and breathe a bit of life into the old dog.

What things did you like in the previous leagues?
What things put you off in previous leagues?
What fresh ideas have you got for a new league?
What would definately stop you joining?
Plus any other things that spring to mind.

And remember to respect others ideas and opinions. It is okay to not agree with someone else, but any criticism needs to be constructive and have justification. Any bullying, bickering or just generally being disrespectful will be deleted.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

New League - what would get you involved? - Page 2 Empty Re: New League - what would get you involved?

Post by GSC Fri 30 May 2014, 12:01 pm

I actually think starting lower league teams could be fun but I doubt it'd be popular

Fulham
Norwich
Cardiff
Derby
Wigan
Brighton
Forest
Reading
Blackburn
Ipswich
Bournemouth

Last edited by GSC on Fri 30 May 2014, 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

New League - what would get you involved? - Page 2 Empty Re: New League - what would get you involved?

Post by sodhat Fri 30 May 2014, 12:02 pm

Anyone but Norwich. They always end up being irretrievably sh!t.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 30 May 2014, 12:04 pm

Depends how many managers.

But say it is 8, then select 8 teams based on TM team values. i.e. pick the first team under £50m and then the next 7 teams on the list. this could be all teams, British, European or just from specified leagues.

These are then randomly assigned
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Fri 30 May 2014, 12:04 pm

To answer your earlier question Afro, we have a special offer on Brazilians this summer to celebrate the World Cup. We also have two new styles for gentlemen to try - the Keisuke Honda and the Roy Hodgson:

New League - what would get you involved? - Page 2 Keisuke-honda-haircuts

New League - what would get you involved? - Page 2 Roy-Hodgson-008

The Roy is particularly pleasing to ladies, as our customers tell us that ladies like the more mature look. Each new style costs just £19.99, including colouring and a trim.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Fri 30 May 2014, 12:06 pm

If we had 8 managers, that's three games per week plus one manager voting and one doing Sheep/Rumour Mill. That sounds manageable.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 30 May 2014, 12:10 pm

On talk of hairstyles, my 1 year old girl's hair is growing a lot down the middle, but not at the sides. As it sticks up, it looks like she has a mohawk.

I've started calling her Vidal and no one has a clue what I'm talking about
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 30 May 2014, 12:13 pm

BTW has anyone checked if the TM website is working now. It's been knackered for a few weeks
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 30 May 2014, 12:15 pm

Works fine for me
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 30 May 2014, 12:17 pm

Its working for me too, although it is the new version that they have been building up. I don't know my way aorund it. Anyone got a link to the search page where you can filter on positions and values etc
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 30 May 2014, 12:20 pm

#bringbacktsj
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Fri 30 May 2014, 12:21 pm

The new TM site is dreadful. Slow, cumbersome, difficult to find stuff. Like, seriously difficult to just trawl through pages of values like we used to.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 30 May 2014, 12:22 pm

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spieler-statistik/wertvollstespieler/marktwertetop?ausrichtung=Abwehr&spielerposition_id=3&altersklasse=u21&yt0=Anzeigen

Theres that I guess
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Fri 30 May 2014, 12:23 pm

I wish I could read German.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 30 May 2014, 12:24 pm

Do you guys prefer thin girls with nice legs or bigger girls with massive cans?

I'm falling more on to the massive cans side. It's just more fun.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 30 May 2014, 12:28 pm

There is no advanced search atm, coming soon apparently
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Fri 30 May 2014, 1:36 pm

sodhat wrote:Do you guys prefer thin girls with nice legs or bigger girls with massive cans?

I'm falling more on to the massive cans side. It's just more fun.
Thin with nice legs. I've always found massive cans to get very boring very quickly. Of course, ten fingers and ten toes is also a must.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri 30 May 2014, 1:49 pm

Massive cans does not get boring for me New League - what would get you involved? - Page 2 3559488474

That's why I had the op.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Fri 30 May 2014, 1:50 pm

Marky wrote:Massive cans does not get boring for me New League - what would get you involved? - Page 2 3559488474

That's why I had the op.
 drumroll 

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Fri 30 May 2014, 2:02 pm

Bigger jubblies. Recently I've been into the 35-40 year old divorced mothers. They miss that company and I fill in that void.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

http://www.manutd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Fri 30 May 2014, 2:04 pm

Who wants to try and draw together the thoughts so far? And who are the managers signed up thus far?

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 30 May 2014, 2:07 pm

Man with giant cans

I found your blog Marky

Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 30 May 2014, 2:11 pm

Squad Selection
Real life teams seems the consensus, not sure which yet.
Tactics
Shorter tactics
Votes
1-3 people each week, via rota.
TP Rules
No real movement on this. 1 TP + extra for each lawyer sold/accepted floated.
Lawyers
Not forced, Euro value to save runners.
Injuries
Possibly longer term injuries.
Social Participation
Possibly award for most active manager. Rumour mill idea floated.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 30 May 2014, 2:11 pm

VivaPaulScholes wrote:Bigger jubblies. Recently I've been into the 35-40 year old divorced mothers. They miss that company and I fill in that void.

Do you actually fill that void?

It must be hard work considering you're watching them on milfs4u.com

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Fri 30 May 2014, 2:14 pm

I think that's why Viva came down to London that one weekend. Milfs aplenty down here.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 30 May 2014, 2:15 pm

I think it was a typo.

"They miss that company and I make them realise that the grass isn't always greener"
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 30 May 2014, 2:17 pm

Just got back from a farewell lunch for one of my colleagues.

Burger Joint where you pick what you put in your burger. 6oz burger with bacon, black pudding and halloumi, with fries...mmmm :lipsmackingsmiley:
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 30 May 2014, 2:18 pm

I think the term MILF is too subjective anyway. I mean it's all down to the "ILF" bit and many people would "LF" ladies that I wouldn't particularly "LF"

IYKWIM?

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 30 May 2014, 2:22 pm

Afro wrote:Just got back from a farewell lunch for one of my colleagues.

Burger Joint where you pick what you put in your burger. 6oz burger with bacon, black pudding and halloumi, with fries...mmmm :lipsmackingsmiley:

Ain't nothing on the 3 pieces of chicken and chips I'm getting for free from work tonight #lovely
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 30 May 2014, 2:23 pm

Olly wrote:

Ain't nothing on the 3 pieces of chicken and chips I'm getting for free from work tonight #lovely

I challenge that. The decision to not put on pulled pork and a fried egg will haunt me all weekend though
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 30 May 2014, 2:24 pm

Afro are you welsh now?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 30 May 2014, 2:26 pm

Olly wrote:Afro are you welsh now?

No man. I crossed back over the border and live in England again. The sun shines on the Afro household these days
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 30 May 2014, 2:28 pm

Afro wrote:
Olly wrote:

I challenge that. The decision to not put on pulled pork and a fried egg will haunt me all weekend though

I'm not sure pulled pork and black pudding would mix, not with the beef. Besides being a religious nightmare for Hindus, Muslims and the Jewish, I think you'd have too many tastes going on.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Fri 30 May 2014, 2:28 pm

I've been offered a free cricket game against a brewery, with a free p1ss up at a local pub afterwards. Shame I'll be on holiday, but everyone else will love it!

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 30 May 2014, 2:28 pm

Although if you made that burger a staple of your menu I do think THE RELIGIOUS NIGHTMARE would be a good name.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 30 May 2014, 2:29 pm

sodhat wrote:
Afro wrote:
Olly wrote:

I'm not sure pulled pork and black pudding would mix, not with the beef. Besides being a religious nightmare for Hindus, Muslims and the Jewish, I think you'd have too many tastes going on.

Don't knock it until you try it. The barbecue sauce pulled it all together into one big meat extravaganza
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 30 May 2014, 2:31 pm

How odd, Big Meat Extravaganza was the name of the movie I watched last night.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 30 May 2014, 2:31 pm

I did give my dinner last noght the official name of Breakfast Fried Rice.

Homemade fried rice with sausage, bacon, egg and mushrooms, with a good splash of soy sauce.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Fri 30 May 2014, 2:33 pm

sodhat wrote:How odd, Big Meat Extravaganza was the name of the movie I watched last night.

You didn't watch all of it though did you. Your working your way through in 30 second installments
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 30 May 2014, 2:36 pm

Never watch for longer than 2 minutes, unless you're skipping to the best bits.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 30 May 2014, 2:39 pm

Got a second interview at Lloyds  Cool 

I hate interviews though. Hate being judged like that
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Fri 30 May 2014, 5:13 pm

Oh what did you need me for? Olly called me or something>

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 02 Jun 2014, 7:25 am

Folks where were we
I have an exam in 2 hours, but soon I'll be free to take up my managerial post once again
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 02 Jun 2014, 7:55 am

What exam
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 02 Jun 2014, 8:27 am

Nazi Germany
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Mon 02 Jun 2014, 9:25 am

If only Smarts was around, he seems like he'd know a lot about that.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 02 Jun 2014, 9:26 am

Sooooooo,

how we deciding teams
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Mon 02 Jun 2014, 9:49 am

GSC wrote:Sooooooo,

how we deciding teams

Soggy biscuit?
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 02 Jun 2014, 9:54 am

How about the Europa league qualifiers of each of the big 4 leagues, split and then randomly assigned?

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 02 Jun 2014, 11:40 am

I still think Championship would be interesting  boxing .
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Mon 02 Jun 2014, 5:34 pm

Bull wrote:Oh what did you need me for? Olly called me or something>

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next