The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WBA order GGG to face...

+15
Seanusarrilius
Gentleman01
milkyboy
John Bloody Wayne
eddyfightfan
joeyjojo618
AlexHuckerby
jimdig
catchweight
Strongback
Boxtthis
TRUSSMAN66
hazharrison
Atila
hampo17
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

WBA order GGG to face... - Page 2 Empty WBA order GGG to face...

Post by hampo17 Wed 14 May 2014, 7:15 pm

First topic message reminder :

The amazing Aussie that is Jarrod Fletcher.

Well done WBA, another pointless fight that will be over before the sixth.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

WBA order GGG to face... - Page 2 Empty Re: WBA order GGG to face...

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun 18 May 2014, 1:41 pm

Martinez gets Canelo/Lara. Then retires. Though Cotto is no easy fight for Martinez. I think Miguel's got a better chance than some believe. Wouldn't like to call it.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 18 May 2014, 1:52 pm

I dont think Martinez will face Lara if he gets past Cotto. I think it will be Alvarez whether he wins or loses.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun 18 May 2014, 2:13 pm

Wouldn't look too good he picks Canelo coming off a loss. Seems like he's going to delay his retirement for the payday then, can't blame him for that I suppose. Is Lara good? Haven't even seen him on youtube, might just do that this afternoon.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sun 18 May 2014, 2:20 pm

Inconsistent but brilliant at his best.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 18 May 2014, 2:23 pm

Herman Jaggery wrote:Martinez gets Canelo/Lara. Then retires. Though Cotto is no easy fight for Martinez. I think Miguel's got a better chance than some believe. Wouldn't like to call it.

As I see it, the fight is on Martinez's racquet. There's an eight inch difference in reach between the two, and Martinez, unlike, Margarito, has the skill to make that sort of stat telling. Martinez also hits better, has/had superior hand speed, and floats around the ring better. A prime Martinez stops Cotto, but this isn't a prime Martinez, and thats the only prayer Cotto has.

Lara vs Martinez would be nice, think Sergio pitches a near shutout against Canelo, though
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 18 May 2014, 2:27 pm

Looks to me like Martinez is just looking for big money fights now to retire off. Not a fan of the whole cant blame a boxer for wanting an easy pay day stuff when he is supposed to be the champion and there is an obvious challenger there to be faced. Ive been disappointed in Martinez who hasnt really practiced what he preached for so long.

Win or lose, Alvarez will still be the biggest money fight out there for Martinez. He is going up to middleweight anyway and will fancy his chances against an old Martinez.

Lara looks good when hes switched on. If him and Alvarez both turned up on their A game I suspect Lara would win. But the weight has been extended to suit Alvarez and I suspect as long as he can keep the fight close and look like he is the aggressor then the judges will be plenty happy to give him the fight. Lara will really need to box his ears off to get a decision I think. Alvarez is the big star.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun 18 May 2014, 2:45 pm

Was Martinez' performance against Murray because of injuries or because he's on the decline? He was adamant it was injuries in a recent interview which suggests we may see a rejuvenated fighter. In which case there's no reason why he couldn't decide to prolong his career. Miguel's good at slowing up an opponent with body shots though.

As for not being a fan of a champion going after an easy payday over an obvious and established number one challenger, well I couldn't agree more. Hate it. But it seems like fans just accept anything these days and are too resigned to voice their objection.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sun 18 May 2014, 7:25 pm

We've been manipulated into a false consciousness. Some even defend their own oppressors.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Sun 18 May 2014, 7:50 pm

I think Martinez is in decline regardless of the surgery. He struggled with barker, Macklin and Murray. I think he'll breeze past cotto, be just hits too hard for cotto to withstand.
If Martinez has his legs, I'd like to see him with GGG after. But I'd also like to see GGG in with geale, Murray, strum, Quinlan. Macklin for me was his showcase fight, he needs to keep fighting at that level and above. Martinez (if he does fight on after cotto) may not fight again in 2014. GGG planned to have 4 fights in 2014 (same as 2013), he has 1 (soft) fight down, Geale would be a show of intent, I think his perceived credibility needs this fight.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 19 May 2014, 8:32 am

GGG looks to be fighting July 26th at the garden with Geale.

Followed by another fight in September. Not sure who but in guessing possibly Chavez.

Be a good year for him if these fights actually happen and he wins.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2