The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

+9
Pal Joey
kingraf
Union Cane
JuliusHMarx
Rowley
rIck_dAgless
seanmichaels
Mind the windows Tino.
Galted
13 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 10 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Galted Mon 12 May 2014, 9:51 am

First topic message reminder :

Sh1t on here today.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 10 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 14 May 2014, 2:47 pm

Union Cane wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Union Cane wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:I'll check it out later. Is the shooting stars song on it?

Nope, it is a selection of dark and deep drum and bass from the early 00's.

Explains why it only has 3 views.

Good point. I'm guessing that like myself you probably prefer the junglist riddims of the mid-to-late 90's.

Union, are you still coming with a rinsin sound?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 10 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Galted Wed 14 May 2014, 2:48 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:

I've changed my mind and won't leave 606 v2 after all..

Did my PM help?

It did, Tino.  Your hugely inspirational PMs have helped me through many dark times.

I just hope you're there for me in my darkest hour, in the same way I have been here for you.

OK but first you have to give my underpants back.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 14 May 2014, 3:01 pm

Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:

Did my PM help?

It did, Tino.  Your hugely inspirational PMs have helped me through many dark times.

I just hope you're there for me in my darkest hour, in the same way I have been here for you.

Does it getn any darker than getting your teeth kicked in by a 5 year old?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 14 May 2014, 3:02 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:

Did my PM help?

Does it getn any darker than getting your teeth kicked in by a 5 year old?

He isn't 5.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 14 May 2014, 3:43 pm

If only Rick had told us he was really Stephen Sutton......

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 14 May 2014, 4:00 pm

Union Cane wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Union was the DJ.

Incidentally, I released another of my "DJ Union Cane" videos on Youtube a while back, but made no reference to it on here.

It has had 3 views so far, 3 of which were me checking that it was still there.

I just added a few to the 'views' column, Union. Felt a little sorry for you.

Gave up on the video after 3:37 but I did try.

There is another person on there who has posted a Drum and Bass video and they go by the name of Oskar Koch.

Are you Oskar Koch?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 14 May 2014, 4:33 pm

This has raised my spirits
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-27208531

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 14 May 2014, 4:37 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:This has raised my spirits

The chap with the black bow-tie in the first picture, is that you?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 14 May 2014, 4:39 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:This has raised my spirits

The chap with the black bow-tie in the first picture, is that you?

Well done on spotting the family resemblance, but that's my younger brother. He was an accident.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 15 May 2014, 6:56 am

Winner on here today. Rafy
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 15 May 2014, 7:48 am

I do not look like Ray Mears.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 15 May 2014, 8:07 am

Galted wrote:I do not look like Ray Mears.

No one has ever said you do. It's been said you dress like him. Huge difference.

Morning Galted.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 15 May 2014, 8:11 am

No one has ever said you do.  It's been said you dress like him.  Huge difference.

Morning Galted.

Hello. Just setting out my stall, Tino, no point resting on my laurels.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 15 May 2014, 8:13 am

Galted wrote:

No one has ever said you do.  It's been said you dress like him.  Huge difference.

Morning Galted.

Hello.  Just setting out my stall, Tino, no point resting on my laurels.

Good God, have you morphed into a non-sporting, 606v2 version of Thinus Delport.

Have you ever seen Dead Set?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 15 May 2014, 8:15 am

Morning Galted.

Actually, you're lying.

Galted wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Galted, you look just like Ray Mear's! Lol!

F*ck you, Tino.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 15 May 2014, 8:16 am

Galted wrote:

Morning Galted.

Hello.  Just setting out my stall, Tino, no point resting on my laurels.

Good God, have you morphed into a non-sporting, 606v2 version of Thinus Delport.

Have you ever seen Dead Set?

Nope. Had a quick look on Wikipeida and Dead Set looks promising. Any good?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 15 May 2014, 8:25 am

Montreal Canadiens knocked out the Boston Bruins in the Stanley Cup play-offs last night and I'm off to see Prince in concert tonight.
I'm so happy I can almost stand up without assistance!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 15 May 2014, 8:29 am

Galted wrote:

Nope.  Had a quick look on Wikipeida and Dead Set looks promising.  Any good?

Honestly, you have to watch it.  I had never seen or heard of it but a mate of mine knew I am a bit of a zombie genre fan and lent me the DVD.

It is utter genius and in Patrick, a TV producer, it has my new favourite TV character of all time in it.  I spent almost every second he is on screen doubled up in laughter.  If you only ever take one piece of advice from me, watch it just for Patrick (played by Andy Nyman).  You'll love him.  Here is just a few examples of Patrick.  Obviously they are funnier in the context of a zombie apocalypse so you have to see it to get the fulleffect.

"It's either this, or we take it in turns sh*tting in the bin until we starve to death. Does that appeal?"

"They eat flesh don't they? Right? That's what they eat. We'll give 'em some! [Pointing to a fresh corpse] There's a man-sized portion of Pedigree Chum lying right there. We'll chop 'em up.  Toss the best bits to the f*cking ghoulies, they run after that "Munch munch munch, thanks very much." We'll drive straight through?"

"I didn't say it was gonna be a genteel parlour game you t*tted f*cking idiot, but it's worth a p*ssing shot!"

"Wake up, Muttley! She only wiped her slit up your thigh for the highlights reel, ya chimp.  You would f*ck a fishermans dog if there was a Heat cover in it".

"You're old, you're a pervert, you're pretensious, you stink, your clothes make you look like a c*nt. They have poured insults over you like buckets of cum."

This is just a selection.  I know you like your multi-dimensional characters, Galted, and Patrick only has one dimension, but it is the funniest dimension you're likely to see.

Get on it and report back.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 15 May 2014, 8:33 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Montreal Canadiens knocked out the Boston Bruins in the Stanley Cup play-offs last night

How come that makes you so happy, Jules? Are you a big ice hockey fan?

Mrs Windows loves it. She is a Senators fan.

I only really like watching the fights.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 15 May 2014, 8:36 am

I lived in Canada when was young (before I bought my first LP). Even played junior ice hockey, when I was about 6 or 7, like every other kid. Been a Canadiens fan ever since. Will now have to get Premier Sports for a month to watch the semis and then (hopefully) the finals.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 15 May 2014, 8:39 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:I lived in Canada when was young (before I bought my first LP). Even played junior ice hockey, when I was about 6 or 7, like every other kid. Been a Canadiens fan ever since. Will now have to get Premier Sports for a month to watch the semis and then (hopefully) the finals.

Nice. Whereabouts (non-stalkerish) did you live? Mrs Windows is from Saskatchewan but lived in Ottawa as well, hence the Senators support.

I do love Canada and we may well end up retiring there one day. Canadians can be a bit intense but it's a stunning place.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 15 May 2014, 8:40 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:to watch the semis and then (hopefully) the finals.

Laugh

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 15 May 2014, 8:42 am

Galted wrote:

Nope.  Had a quick look on Wikipeida and Dead Set looks promising.  Any good?

Honestly, you have to watch it.  I had never seen or heard of it but a mate of mine knew I am a bit of a zombie genre fan and lent me the DVD.

It is utter genius and in Patrick, a TV producer, it has my new favourite TV character of all time in it.  I spent almost every second he is on screen doubled up in laughter.  If you only ever take one piece of advice from me, watch it just for Patrick (played by Andy Nyman).  You'll love him.  Here is just a few examples of Patrick.  Obviously they are funnier in the context of a zombie apocalypse so you have to see it to get the fulleffect.

"It's either this, or we take it in turns sh*tting in the bin until we starve to death. Does that appeal?"

"They eat flesh don't they? Right? That's what they eat. We'll give 'em some! [Pointing to a fresh corpse] There's a man-sized portion of Pedigree Chum lying right there. We'll chop 'em up.  Toss the best bits to the f*cking ghoulies, they run after that "Munch munch munch, thanks very much." We'll drive straight through?"

"I didn't say it was gonna be a genteel parlour game you t*tted f*cking idiot, but it's worth a p*ssing shot!"

"Wake up, Muttley! She only wiped her slit up your thigh for the highlights reel, ya chimp.  You would f*ck a fishermans dog if there was a Heat cover in it".

"You're old, you're a pervert, you're pretensious, you stink, your clothes make you look like a c*nt. They have poured insults over you like buckets of cum."

This is just a selection.  I know you like your multi-dimensional characters, Galted, and Patrick only has one dimension, but it is the funniest dimension you're likely to see.

Get on it and report back.

Characters don't need dimensions when their abuse skills are highly evolved. Didn't much like The Thick Of It but Malcolm Tucker was a legend.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 15 May 2014, 8:44 am

I was in Ontario. I guess I should have been a Toronto fan, but Montreal were the big team back then, and you know what kids are like. But I've stuck with them through the hard times since.

The first Summit Series between Team Canada and Team Russia is my earliest sporting memory. The final game was in Russia and the time difference meant it was on during school hours. All the teachers (and the whole country) wanted to watch it so we all watched it in the school hall. I can still remember the place erupting when the winning goal went it. I watched a youtube video doc about it not long about - got quite emotional.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 15 May 2014, 8:50 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:I was in Ontario. I guess I should have been a Toronto fan, but Montreal were the big team back then, and you know what kids are like. But I've stuck with them through the hard times since.

The first Summit Series between Team Canada and Team Russia is my earliest sporting memory. The final game was in Russia and the time difference meant it was on during school hours. All the teachers (and the whole country) wanted to watch it so we all watched it in the school hall. I can still remember the place erupting when the winning goal went it. I watched a youtube video doc about it not long about - got quite emotional.

It is just huge out there isn't it. When they played the US in 2010, I read that something amazing like 85% of the population watched it. I know their population isn't massive, but it was a staggering percentage. You'd never get anything close to that in the UK.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 15 May 2014, 9:26 am

Sh1t on here today.
I expect to see reports of a few dead celebs to account for the loss of Union, Jeff, sean and superfly. Some sort of Take That suicide pact perhaps.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 15 May 2014, 9:30 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Sh1t on here today.
I expect to see reports of a few dead celebs to account for the loss of Union, Jeff, sean and superfly. Some sort of Take That suicide pact perhaps.

It is sh*t, you're right. Even you and I were reduced to having a civil and sensible discussion.

There are only 3 full members of the Culture Cup on today, it seems.

And Raf, who was so nearly a full member before he used the phrase 'aura game' which set his application back by about 5 years.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 15 May 2014, 9:33 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:I was in Ontario. I guess I should have been a Toronto fan, but Montreal were the big team back then, and you know what kids are like. But I've stuck with them through the hard times since.

Great memories for you, Julius. You paint a vivid picture of the school hall erupting.

I think we are of a similar vintage. My earliest sporting memory was Kenny Irvine scoring a stunning RL try and coming back to his wing position (near where I was sitting) and giving me a wink. I can still smell the Dencorub.

One would be arrested for doing that these days... giving a wink to a small boy; not covering yourself in Dencorub. That sort of thing is encouraged.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 15 May 2014, 9:37 am

Earliest sporting memory was Leeds v Barnsley at Elland Road. Can't remember anything of the game, just some northerner repeatedly chanting:

Attack!
Attack!
Attack attack attack!

Not feeling well today. Bird with the grade 6 heavy minge sat opposite has finally given me her lurgy. Very congested and sore throat. A poo may help with the congestion I expect.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 15 May 2014, 9:42 am

I immersed myself in culture last night.

Firstly, I went to the National Gallery of my own accord and for the first time ever managed to work my way past the gory Biblical and mythological efforts. Couldn't find any nude paintings featuring thin ladies though, lots of Jesus and little boys' willies which probably explains what's happening with the Catholic church at the moment.

Secondly, I went to the theatre.  Jeeves and Wooster was the show on offer, was ok if a bit too slap-stick. A bit irritated that the audience found it a lot funnier than I did but I'm fairly confident it's because they were overawed by the theatre experience and not because anything was over my head.  A little tub of ice-cream cost £3,50, f*cking rip-off.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 15 May 2014, 9:47 am

Galted wrote: A little tub of ice-cream cost £3,50, f*cking rip-off.

But I expect Mrs Galted was happy you brought it back for her?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 15 May 2014, 9:49 am

Galted wrote:I immersed myself in culture last night.

Firstly, I went to the National Gallery of my own accord and for the first time ever managed to work my way past the gory Biblical and mythological efforts. Couldn't find any nude paintings featuring thin ladies though, lots of Jesus and little boys' willies which probably explains what's happening with the Catholic church at the moment.

Secondly, I went to the theatre.  Jeeves and Wooster was the show on offer, was ok if a bit too slap-stick.  A bit irritated that the audience found it a lot funnier than I did but I'm fairly confident it's because they were overawed by the theatre experience and not because anything was over my head.  A little tub of ice-cream cost £3,50, f*cking rip-off.

Where has Galted gone?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 15 May 2014, 9:52 am

seanmichaels wrote:
Galted wrote: A little tub of ice-cream cost £3,50, f*cking rip-off.

But I expect Mrs Galted was happy you brought it back for her?

Yes.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 15 May 2014, 9:53 am

Secondly, I went to the theatre.  Jeeves and Wooster was the show on offer, was ok if a bit too slap-stick.  A bit irritated that the audience found it a lot funnier than I did but I'm fairly confident it's because they were overawed by the theatre experience and not because anything was over my head.  A little tub of ice-cream cost £3,50, f*cking rip-off.

Where has Galted gone?

Why do you posts always have to be so hurtful, Tino?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 15 May 2014, 9:54 am

Galted wrote:

Where has Galted gone?

*your

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 15 May 2014, 10:02 am

Lovely day outside. I stepped into the gardening this morning and was glad to be alive.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 15 May 2014, 10:04 am

I, for one, am impressed and slightly envious of your evening Galted.

I stayed in waiting for people to post on here, but no-one did. Bit of a wasted evening tbh.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 15 May 2014, 10:06 am

I am off work today and am spending the day shopping with TSMR. I post this not in the misguided believe any of you care, however do not want you mistakenly believing I am whichever minor celebrity may have popped their clogs recently.

In more exciting news I met Andy Kershaw last night, lovely bloke.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 15 May 2014, 10:23 am

Kershaw has a 'lived in' face.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 15 May 2014, 10:27 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:I, for one, am impressed and slightly envious of your evening Galted.

I stayed in waiting for people to post on here, but no-one did. Bit of a wasted evening tbh.

Thanks, Julius, that is high praise indeed.

If only I'd known that you didn't have much on we could have swapped places. While I found the evening enjoyable I found the pricing disagreeable. £75 for 2 theatre tickets + £3.50 for a small tub of ice-cream equals £78,50 that could possibly have been better spent. I would have had to fork out £36.15 for a pre-theatre snack too if I my quick thinking hadn't led me to pretend that I couldn't find my debit card.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 15 May 2014, 10:31 am

Galted wrote:

Where has Galted gone?

*your

Thanks, Tino. I had to leave my desk after the post and was mortified when I got back and reread it. I said to myself, "I bet that bloody Tino's going to be onto that like a 60s/70s minor celebrity onto the prepubescent daughter of one of his friends".

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 15 May 2014, 10:34 am

Takes two to tango....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 15 May 2014, 10:35 am

Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:

Where has Galted gone?

*your

Thanks, Tino.  I had to leave my desk after the post and was mortified when I got back and reread it.  I said to myself, "I bet that bloody Tino's going to be onto that like a 60s/70s minor celebrity onto the prepubescent daughter of one of his friends".

You drove me to this. You started picking apart my spelling and grammar and it hurt. It really hurt.

This is just my kickback for those painful days that you and Julius inflicted.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 15 May 2014, 10:35 am

seanmichaels wrote:Takes two to tango....

Was that what your house master told you at school?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 15 May 2014, 10:37 am

What are you buying today then, Jeff?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 15 May 2014, 10:40 am

Rowley wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:Takes two to tango....

Was that what your house master told you at school?

My house master was a lovely man. Would defend us to the hilt even in the face of overwhelming evidence. He retired a few years back and the school were contacting old boys for stories particularly those who knew the whereabouts of his beloved bicycle. Didn't have the heart to come clean even after all the time that had passed.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 15 May 2014, 11:07 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:What are you buying today then, Jeff?

Some polo shirts probably. Nephew has just told me he needs a suit so little s*it has eaten into my budget somewhat.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 15 May 2014, 11:09 am

Rowley wrote:

Some polo shirts probably. Nephew has just told me he needs a suit so little s*it has eaten into my budget somewhat.

If you see any nice shirt and jumper combos in Next, could you pick me some up and I'll pay you back?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 15 May 2014, 11:12 am

Rowley wrote:

If you see any nice shirt and jumper combos in Next, could you pick me some up and I'll pay you back?

Is that a trick question? There are no nice shirt and jumper combos in Next and never have been.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 15 May 2014, 11:15 am

Rowley wrote:

Tell him that suits are for victims then grab him by the ears and knee him in the chest.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next