The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The real Khan exposed in his own interview

+10
hogey
Scottrf
Derbymanc
Steffan
JabMachineMK2
TRUSSMAN66
Rowley
88Chris05
milkyboy
ONETWOFOREVER
14 posters

Go down

The real Khan exposed in his own interview Empty The real Khan exposed in his own interview

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue May 06, 2014 10:45 am

Khan talks about fighting on this year

beating Collazo has put him firmly on top in the division

wants to face winner of Brook v Porter but then tries to slither his way out of it even tho he wants a title fight

By Jeff Newman: WBC Silver welterweight champion Amir Khan (29-3, 19 KO’s) beat Luis Collazo (35-6, 18 KO’s) last Saturday night by a 12 round unanimous decision to capture the Silver WBC 147lb strap. Khan now is planning on picking out an opponent to fight in November or December of this year. He knows that it won’t be Floyd Mayweather Jr, because he’s fighting in September and he’s not going to change his fight date to fight in November when Khan wants to fight.

Khan says he’d like to fight the winner of the July fight between IBF welterweight champion Shawn Porter and challenger Kell Brook, but he has doubts whether that fight will take place.

“I definitely want to fight this year, as I’m not having a year off again,” Khan said to the Daily Star. “I would like to go straight into world title fight, but it is all about who is around. Things change quickly in boxing, because who would have said Devon Alexander would lose his world title? It’s going to have to be someone decent to keep me where I am, at the top. I could fight the winner of the Brook v Porter, but I don’t think it will happen.”

Khan went on to say that he doesn’t think brook will take the fight due to Porter being a tough fighter, and he thinks Brook will duck that fight. But Khan might end up being wrong, because this is really the best and only real opportunity for Brook to try and get a title shot.

Khan could fight WBA interim welterweight champion Keith Thurman if he wants an opponent, but then again Khan might not want to face someone as dangerous as Thurman. It’s no secret that Thurman has absolutely no fear of Khan, and very little respect for him either as a fighter. Thurman feels that he would easily knock Khan out if that fight were to happen, and not too many boxing fans would disagree with him about that.

It’s very likely that Khan will take on either Alexander or Robert Guerrero next. Both are weak fighters and are very beatable for a guy like Khan

Read more at http://www.sportsnews24.com/2895/khan-says-he-wants-to-fight-porter-brook-winner/#QGaVhah2CqIEeiS3.99

Jeff Newman speaks the truth.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

The real Khan exposed in his own interview Empty Re: The real Khan exposed in his own interview

Post by milkyboy Tue May 06, 2014 11:00 am

Always thought you were just a blinkered khan hater onetwo, but you've brought me round to your way of thinking. Couldn't have exposed himself anymore if he'd slapped his tackle out in a supermarket.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

The real Khan exposed in his own interview Empty Re: The real Khan exposed in his own interview

Post by 88Chris05 Tue May 06, 2014 11:00 am

I thought he'd have been having another one of his webcam escapades again when I saw the title of this article. Would have actually been more interesting than what Newman's come up with here.

Khan doesn't want to be inactive for a year again. Wants the Mayweather fight but could do with a November date for it instead of September. If he can't get the Mayweather fight wants to fight another one of the Welterweight title holders.

What's been exposed exactly?
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue May 06, 2014 11:14 am

88Chris05 wrote:

Onetwo's tenuous grasp on sanity?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue May 06, 2014 11:29 am

Let's just agree that Khan achieved a very good win against a guy who on the other thread had 60/40 posters saying he was going to stop Khan....In a fight that Khan didn't really need to take but took it anyway..

Let's give the kid a break..........Maidana win gets better everyday........Paulie had a good career after Khan slapped him and Judah looked pretty decent after as well......Mcloskey was Euro champ.......

Credit where it's due...............The kid is a king-sized man sausage but he can fight and deserves respect..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue May 06, 2014 11:32 am

Couldn't agree more Truss, the kid has made some dumb comments in the past as a fighter but generally tries to fight the best fighters and is normally good to watch. As fans surely that should be our first concern.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue May 06, 2014 11:34 am

Not sure what you're getting at here ONETWO. Khan can't really duck Brook, Brook isn't in the same stratosphere right now. I don't like Khan. Think he's arrogant and just an overall bell end - but he did beat Collazo comprehensively, more-so than we've seen anyone do before which puts his stock comfortably at that "semi World Class" level below the current title holders and above the Collazo's/Molina's/Brook's etc.

This means that he should be focusing on a world title fight next as it'll be a move forward rather than sideways or backwards. Porter has to face Brook which isn't even signed yet. The way that works out, whoever wins will not fight again in November so soon after the title fight. If Brook wins, he's of interest to Khan. If he loses "it probably won't happen" - personally I don't see Brook winning. Think Porter will do a number on him as Brook isn't world class. Khan then has the option of Mayweather (not for November) Pacquiao (a fight the world would love to see but is far, far to dangerous for Khan but will be a nice payday) and Thurman.

Given that Porter and Mayweather are tied up, that leaves Pacquiao and Thurman. So Khan is touting a future fight with Thurman.

But he should also consider Alexander and Guerrero who are (despite what people will tell you on here) very good boxers. I've never warmed to Alexander. Think his style is horrible - but bear in mind what he's achieved. Same with Guerrero. Just because he froze against Floyd doesn't make him a bad fighter.

Think we all need to appreciate that politics in boxing aren't black and white. Khan isn't ducking Brook if that fight doesn't happen. Far from it. If Brook becomes champion and Khan comes through another test at WW against good opposition, then you may have a case, but not now.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue May 06, 2014 11:41 am

This interview has definitely exposed Khan. I could actually see him going to crown court over this and getting a longer sentence than Max Clifford did. I used to cheer him on but now this new evidence has come to light I will be hoping he gets a career ending beating every fight. Shame on you Khan. I had such high hopes. Well done to Jeff Newman and OneTwo by the way for some great work bringing this slimeball to justice

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Tue May 06, 2014 11:57 am

WTF is going on and what do some people have to do to get a bit of credit.
Good on him for beating Collazo (I didn't think he'd be focused,) Good on him for touting other opponents than just Mayweather now lets just wait and see who he next fights and enjoy it.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue May 06, 2014 12:06 pm

He should take his career more seriously and not rule out a Mayweather fight because of Ramadan. The dates don't clash and he could still train. Who knows if he'll get another chance.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue May 06, 2014 12:10 pm

Scottrf wrote:He should take his career more seriously and not rule out a Mayweather fight because of Ramadan

This Ramadan...Is he any good ?? Cool 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue May 06, 2014 12:20 pm

... He's fast

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue May 06, 2014 12:29 pm

and hungry.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue May 06, 2014 12:34 pm

88Chris05 wrote:I thought he'd have been having another one of his webcam escapades again when I saw the title of this article. Would have actually been more interesting than what Newman's come up with here.

Khan doesn't want to be inactive for a year again. Wants the Mayweather fight but could do with a November date for it instead of September. If he can't get the Mayweather fight wants to fight another one of the Welterweight title holders.

Khan's fav tactic of calling out fighters who pose a real threat and winding up facing someone else who is not a threat.

Before he called out Bradley, Urango, and Money did he fight them NO.

SEE THROUGH THE BULLSH*T GUYS.

''I am going to clean up 140lbs'' did he? NO

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Tue May 06, 2014 1:15 pm

I really dont rate Khan, but fair play to him at the weekend he put on an excellent display against a decent fighter who i thought may well beat him and he deserves plenty of credit for it.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue May 06, 2014 1:27 pm

It's like Mayweather - Alvarez.........He didn't have the balls to take him on... but when he did and won...Alvarez was overrated........

If your ex gives £200,000 to charity ........You'd call her scum for not donating 250,000.

If you don't like a fighter then they'll always be a club to beat them with......I'm guilty but not as bad as many on here like Haz, Onetwo, Catchweight and Roddy..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue May 06, 2014 1:40 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:It's like Mayweather - Alvarez.........He didn't have the balls to take him on... but when he did and won...Alvarez was overrated........

If your ex gives £200,000 to charity ........You'd call her scum for not donating 250,000.

If you don't like a fighter then they'll always be a club to beat them with......I'm guilty but not as bad as many on here like Haz, Onetwo, Catchweight and Roddy..

Lovers' tiff?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue May 06, 2014 1:41 pm

I'm getting on fine with your Wife..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue May 06, 2014 1:42 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I'm getting on fine with your Wife..

Glad someone is.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue May 06, 2014 2:03 pm

superflyweight wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I'm getting on fine with your Wife..

Glad someone is.  

Nice retort.. Wink 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Tue May 06, 2014 3:20 pm

I thought Khan handled himself very well in the post fight interview. Easily the best I've seen him give after the cringeworthy ones in the past. Hopefully he has finally learnt a few things. Was nice to see after Broners horrible post fight interview.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue May 06, 2014 3:25 pm

spencerclarke wrote:I thought Khan handled himself very well in the post fight interview.  Easily the best I've seen him give after the cringeworthy ones in the past.  Hopefully he has finally learnt a few things.  Was nice to see after Broners horrible post fight interview.

What did Bone head say?

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue May 06, 2014 3:34 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4Uglpnt7mE

This man....

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue May 06, 2014 3:43 pm

Nice guy..........

Money can't buy class.........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue May 06, 2014 3:52 pm

Can't access youtube from work and still have no idea what Adrian Baffon said.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue May 06, 2014 4:09 pm

Basically swearing, saying he didn't train properly - wasn't bothered etc. Absolute numpty stuff.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Tue May 06, 2014 4:22 pm

Broner is the CAN man. Everybody is going to get whupped. AfriCANS, AmeriCANs, MexiCANS, Amir CANS,

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue May 06, 2014 4:26 pm

Scottrf wrote:He should take his career more seriously and not rule out a Mayweather fight because of Ramadan. The dates don't clash and he could still train. Who knows if he'll get another chance.

Agreed.  thumbsup 

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue May 06, 2014 4:29 pm

If Mayweather is on the slide............The next Charlie with the golden ticket just might inherit the factory........

Get rid of the glass elevator though..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down