The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If Moyes is sacked, who should be next United Manager?

+27
TRUSSMAN66
GSC
FootballLight
Geordie
Hero
Atila
kwinigolfer
Stella
Soldier_Of_Fortune
dyrewolfe
super_realist
Fernando
Mad for Chelsea
CFCNick
kingraf
seanmichaels
Holymiky
sportform
Hulking_up
NickisBHAFC
Good Golly I'm Olly
Bull
Dolphin Ziggler
Nakatomi Plaza
Ent
compelling and rich
It Must Be Love
31 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Who should be the next United manager?

If Moyes is sacked, who should be next United Manager? - Page 2 Vote_lcap54%If Moyes is sacked, who should be next United Manager? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 54% 
[ 13 ]
If Moyes is sacked, who should be next United Manager? - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%If Moyes is sacked, who should be next United Manager? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
If Moyes is sacked, who should be next United Manager? - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%If Moyes is sacked, who should be next United Manager? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
If Moyes is sacked, who should be next United Manager? - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%If Moyes is sacked, who should be next United Manager? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
If Moyes is sacked, who should be next United Manager? - Page 2 Vote_lcap21%If Moyes is sacked, who should be next United Manager? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 5 ]
If Moyes is sacked, who should be next United Manager? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%If Moyes is sacked, who should be next United Manager? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 24

If Moyes is sacked, who should be next United Manager? - Page 2 Empty If Moyes is sacked, who should be next United Manager?

Post by It Must Be Love Mon 21 Apr 2014, 4:29 pm

First topic message reminder :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26352231

Tabloids are reporting that Moyes is on the verge of being sacked... if he is sacked now or at the end of the season; who should replace him?

Once we get 3-4 suggestions or so I'll start a poll.

Last edited by Starlight on Mon 21 Apr 2014, 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

If Moyes is sacked, who should be next United Manager? - Page 2 Empty Re: If Moyes is sacked, who should be next United Manager?

Post by Stella Tue 22 Apr 2014, 12:12 pm

None stand out, bar Klopp. Van Gaal has had his day, Simeone is unproven. Feel for Moyes a little. A good man, who looked out of depth.

Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

If Moyes is sacked, who should be next United Manager? - Page 2 Empty Re: If Moyes is sacked, who should be next United Manager?

Post by Guest Tue 22 Apr 2014, 12:15 pm

Stick with the Scots and get Steve Clark in

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Apr 2014, 12:16 pm

Is Darren Ferguson available?

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue 22 Apr 2014, 12:17 pm

Rodgers? Doing ok at Liverpool.

Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Apr 2014, 12:19 pm

Stella wrote:Rodgers? Doing ok at Liverpool.

From a Utd point of view they'd have to change that "Chosen One" banner to "The Antichrist"

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue 22 Apr 2014, 12:21 pm

Any English managers around?

Harry Redknapp?
Steve Maclaren?
Steve Bruce?
Alan Pardew?

Might be best to look elsewhere.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Tue 22 Apr 2014, 12:22 pm

Love Ryan Giggs as a player but what an insult putting him in charge, even if only for a few games.
Didn't exactly see him out there galvanizing the team during his appearances this season.
Might just as well have picked Nani.

Man Utd have dug themselves a bit of a hole haven't they - almost all the names mentioned are at the end of their careers.
Klopp seems happy where he is.
Guardiola would be a great choice, but would he want it?

Just hope they don't come sniffing around Andy Awford . . . . . . .

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 22 Apr 2014, 12:24 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:Love Ryan Giggs as a player but what an insult putting him in charge, even if only for a few games.
Didn't exactly see him out there galvanizing the team during his appearances this season.
Might just as well have picked Nani.

Man Utd have dug themselves a bit of a hole haven't they - almost all the names mentioned are at the end of their careers.
Klopp seems happy where he is.
Guardiola would be a great choice, but would he want it?

Just hope they don't come sniffing around Andy Awford . . . . . . .

Missed the Olympiakos game when he set up every goal? That was his first game in 2 months.

Hard to galvanise the team when the manager doesn't pick you.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Tue 22 Apr 2014, 12:28 pm

What about Roy Keane?

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 22 Apr 2014, 12:33 pm

Atila wrote:What about Roy Keane?

Lol Keane fell out with half the players when he left and is just getting back into management after a horror show at Ipswich.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Tue 22 Apr 2014, 12:37 pm

Ent wrote:
Atila wrote:What about Roy Keane?

Lol Keane fell out with half the players when he left and is just getting back into management after a horror show at Ipswich.
I wasn't being totally serious suggesting his name, but isn't he the only player who's left United recently that's actually won anything in England....the Championship with Sunderland?

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 22 Apr 2014, 12:39 pm

Maybe Bruce can get an FA cup  Wink

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Tue 22 Apr 2014, 12:45 pm

Bruce couldn't be any worse than Moyes. But I think Mark Hughes is probably waiting for his phone to ring.  Laugh 

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 22 Apr 2014, 12:52 pm

The united board under the glazers will never go for an up and comer again.

It was a really bad decision last summer to hire him and it has done a serious amount of damage to a lot of people.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 22 Apr 2014, 12:53 pm

It was mentioned earlier and I think tongue in cheek but what if come the end of the season Brendan Rodgers is named manager?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue 22 Apr 2014, 12:55 pm

I mentioned Rodgers, and that was very much tongue in cheek.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 22 Apr 2014, 12:57 pm

Hero wrote:It was mentioned earlier and I think tongue in cheek but what if come the end of the season Brendan Rodgers is named manager?

Won't happen, he is onto a good thing with liverpool.

They have over achieved and Rodgers is a bullshitter imo, he can come 7th and 8th for 5 years with liverpool now after he clinches the league.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue 22 Apr 2014, 12:58 pm

Why is he a bullshitter?
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 22 Apr 2014, 12:59 pm

He plays great possession football with a fast paced killer attack, exactly the sort of football Utd fans love.
He's also shown in the past to up-sticks and leave a club as soon as a more lucrative offer comes in for him which Utd could do.
I know it's bordering on the realms of fantasy, and if it happened the guys who threatened Gerrard on his proposed move to Chelsea would quickly pay him a visit, but there's always a possibility.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 22 Apr 2014, 1:01 pm

Stella wrote:Why is he a bullshitter?

I just can't buy into anything he says, I don't think there is anything there with him.

It's all come together for liverpool, a bit of a fluke imo. Will be interesting to see how he does long term.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 22 Apr 2014, 1:04 pm

Can't stand all the Liverpool nonsense. "We're inspired by Hillsborough" crap.

What was the excuse for the last 24 years, just couldn't be arsed?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue 22 Apr 2014, 1:10 pm

Ent wrote:

I just can't buy into anything he says, I don't think there is anything there with him.

It's all come together for liverpool, a bit of a fluke imo. Will be interesting to see how he does long term.

I like the bloke (not personally). He says we're confident, we don't feel pressure etc, unlike other managers, who are to careful not to sound to cocky.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 22 Apr 2014, 1:18 pm

If Moyes is sacked, who should be next United Manager? - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSNtvPpKzlLZv7DaPARth0sWiOXOGHHliFyIKR1Aaz0tP9czIEWZUe2q27y
Ent wrote:

Here you go mate

If Moyes is sacked, who should be next United Manager? - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSNtvPpKzlLZv7DaPARth0sWiOXOGHHliFyIKR1Aaz0tP9czIEWZUe2q27y

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 22 Apr 2014, 1:20 pm

Theres a manager soon to become available....you should jump at the chance to get him in ....Alan Pardew!  Wink 

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Tue 22 Apr 2014, 1:50 pm

Considering adding Howard Webb to the poll.

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Tue 22 Apr 2014, 1:52 pm

Can't edit it, doesn't matter.

Looks like Klopp is the fan's favourite, with Wenger in second place.

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 22 Apr 2014, 1:54 pm

Wenger really?

The idea was to come 4th this year, not for the next decade.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Tue 22 Apr 2014, 1:54 pm

Honestly can't understand why they didn't try and get Mourhino last year.
If not him, Ancelotti, he's a superb manager.

I'm not sure about Klopp, this United team are considerably inferior to the Dortmund team he lead to a Champions League final and League title. Hopefully he can bring Reus or Gundogan with him though.

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Tue 22 Apr 2014, 1:55 pm

Ent wrote:Wenger really?

That post sounded so much like Piers Morgan it's unreal Smile

Tbh I'd marginally prefer Wenger over Klopp.

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 22 Apr 2014, 1:57 pm

Starlight wrote:Honestly can't understand why they didn't try and get Mourhino last year.

I'm not sure about Klopp, this United team are considerably inferior to the Dortmund team he lead to a Champions League final and League title. Hopefully he can bring Reus or Gundogan with him though.

Because we are retarded and certain people thought him acting the eejit on the sidelines would ruin the good name of the club etc.

Whereas now we are 7th having sacked a manager in 10 months and all of our previous coaching staff is gone. Good name intact...

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 22 Apr 2014, 1:58 pm

Starlight wrote:
Ent wrote:Wenger really?

Tbh I'd marginally prefer Wenger over Klopp.

Possibly the worst insult ever aimed at me Sad

5-6 years ago maybe Wenger but I think he is battle weary, just doesn't have it in him any more to compete. Almost afraid to spend money now and go out and get top players.

Klopp would be a risk but at least he has proven he can build a team, win things and compete in europe. I doubt we will get him.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Tue 22 Apr 2014, 1:59 pm

Ent wrote:
Starlight wrote:Honestly can't understand why they didn't try and get Mourhino last year.

Because we are retarded and certain people thought him acting the eejit on the sidelines would ruin the good name of the club etc.

Whereas now we are 7th having sacked a manager in 10 months and all of our previous coaching staff is gone. Good name intact...
Have to agree there, plus Mourhino can really unify a club and get the fans behind the team.

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballLight Tue 22 Apr 2014, 2:02 pm

Well, it seems Moyes has gone. Only 10 months they have given the poor man. He should have at least got the summer to have tried to put things right. At least for me. It was always going to take time to rebuild. But, they just haven't given him chance. A season of turmoil for United.

Next manager? I can't say. Giggs needs a chance in the side as a manager I think. I do feel he can do extremely well, if he gets the summer and does well in the remainder of the games. The problem is for Giggs, why would United give him the summer to improve when they can get a new manager in with more experience of signing better quality players and has a good value for money. Giggs won't get chance because there is only 4 games at United for him to prove himself. The next manager I can see being Van Gaal. He wants a move to a Premier League club, here is his chance. After the World Cup, he will go there and will sort things out. People are saying Klopp will go, he won't go because I don't see United wanting to pay compensation to Dortmund, no matter how little it is and why would Klopp want to leave a team that is growing? He wouldn't.

But the 2 favourite candidates would be Klopp and Van Gaal for me. But, I'm not saying who will get the job because Giggs deserves a chance with the squad first and foremost.

FootballLight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 22 Apr 2014, 2:03 pm

What Utd would also get with Klopp is a media darling, the papers just love him as the football equivilant of Boris Johnson with the looks of Stephen Merchant.
Add to that a move towards the Gegenpressing style of play that Klopp uses and a chance of acquiring Reus, Hummels, Subotic etc and I'd pay for Klopp's ticket myself.
Him immediately ruling himself out of the running spoilt my day.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Tue 22 Apr 2014, 2:03 pm

Ent wrote:
Klopp would be a risk but at least he has proven he can build a team, win things and compete in europe. I doubt we will get him.
We'll offer really lucrative add-ons, like having Fellaini has a part time butler for him.

Ent wrote:
Possibly the worst insult ever aimed at me Sad
Why is it everyone hates Piers Morgan ?
Yes his style is a bit blunt; but quite a few Arsenal fans agree with him over Wenger, he's right about KP, and he was pretty brave in America to stand up against the far-right gun lobbyists over the NRA (over which he faced death threats).

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 22 Apr 2014, 2:06 pm

I'd disagree on Dortmund growing as a team, whilst they have the best fans on the planet they'll forever be in Bayern's shadow and will continue to be pillaged by them for their top players. They'll be forced to sell Reus overseas this summer simply through fear he'll go to Bayern for his release clause next year.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Tue 22 Apr 2014, 2:06 pm

Hero wrote:
Him immediately ruling himself out of the running spoilt my day.
Look Dortmund are a sinking ship, their parasitic rivals are just destroying Klopp's hard work on purpose by buying BD's best players with their huge wages and turning the German league into a bore.
There's nothing he or anyone at Dortmund can do.

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 22 Apr 2014, 2:09 pm

To be fair to Klopp, Dortmund nearly went out of business 9 years ago - now their revenues are higher than Liverpools.

I think they can grow as a club and potentially stop the haemorraghe of their talent to Bayern.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Tue 22 Apr 2014, 2:11 pm

Ent wrote:
I think they can grow as a club and potentially stop the haemorraghe of their talent to Bayern.
I think all football fans hope that, but it's going to be difficult to stop the parasites getting what they want with their huge funds and big-name manager.

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 22 Apr 2014, 2:14 pm

If Klopp were willing to leave, and really theres nothing suggesting he would right now, I'd imagine Barca would be interested, and Barca vs United at present isn't a contest, even with a looming transfer ban.

Van Gaal seems the best of a bad bunch, unless Blanc gets chucked
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 22 Apr 2014, 2:22 pm

It was no coincidence that the Grim Reaper was sat by Moyes in Goodison Park.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 22 Apr 2014, 2:25 pm

Yeah because it was a stunt organised by Paddy Power
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballLight Tue 22 Apr 2014, 2:26 pm

Hero wrote:I'd disagree on Dortmund growing as a team, whilst they have the best fans on the planet they'll forever be in Bayern's shadow and will continue to be pillaged by them for their top players. They'll be forced to sell Reus overseas this summer simply through fear he'll go to Bayern for his release clause next year.

What I meant by growing is that, they still manage to hold onto their top talent and even if they are losing them, they are always replacing them and at a cheaper price. They are still struggling to win the league, like everyone else but even still, they manage to compete in Europe. That's what gives them the advantage and I think Dortmund would win the Premier League, especially this season.

FootballLight

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 22 Apr 2014, 2:29 pm

Might be a couple of years too early for Klopp.

I think pride will make him want to try pip Bayern, if they beat them in the cup final it would be a big message.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 22 Apr 2014, 2:29 pm

If United want someone to play a pressing game might want to take a look at Pochettino at Southampton.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 22 Apr 2014, 2:43 pm

Has he bothered to learn English yet?

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 22 Apr 2014, 2:46 pm

Pochettino does, in fact, speak to players and staff in perfectly good English and explained an inability to express himself fully is the only reason he still uses an interpreter.

"It's clear that if I were to answer more simple questions I could give also more simple answers," he said.

"I wouldn't have any problem with that.

"The fact is I have an interpreter because he gives me the security that, when I have to answer complex questions, and with my complex answers, it's much better I have an interpreter to make sure nothing is misconstrued.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue 22 Apr 2014, 2:46 pm

Isn't he off to Madrid?
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 22 Apr 2014, 2:49 pm

That sounded very little englander of me (although I am from Ireland), just it's very important for the manager to speak the common language of the dressing room.

I don't think the club under the glazers will ever go for an unproven up and comer again - by that I mean unproven at elite level.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 22 Apr 2014, 3:05 pm

Pep's just ruled himself out!
Did anyone ever rule him in?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next