The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If Moyes is sacked, who should be next United Manager?

+27
TRUSSMAN66
GSC
FootballLight
Geordie
Hero
Atila
kwinigolfer
Stella
Soldier_Of_Fortune
dyrewolfe
super_realist
Fernando
Mad for Chelsea
CFCNick
kingraf
seanmichaels
Holymiky
sportform
Hulking_up
NickisBHAFC
Good Golly I'm Olly
Bull
Dolphin Ziggler
Nakatomi Plaza
Ent
compelling and rich
It Must Be Love
31 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Who should be the next United manager?

If Moyes is sacked, who should be next United Manager? Vote_lcap54%If Moyes is sacked, who should be next United Manager? Vote_rcap 54% 
[ 13 ]
If Moyes is sacked, who should be next United Manager? Vote_lcap4%If Moyes is sacked, who should be next United Manager? Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
If Moyes is sacked, who should be next United Manager? Vote_lcap8%If Moyes is sacked, who should be next United Manager? Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
If Moyes is sacked, who should be next United Manager? Vote_lcap4%If Moyes is sacked, who should be next United Manager? Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
If Moyes is sacked, who should be next United Manager? Vote_lcap21%If Moyes is sacked, who should be next United Manager? Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 5 ]
If Moyes is sacked, who should be next United Manager? Vote_lcap0%If Moyes is sacked, who should be next United Manager? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 24

If Moyes is sacked, who should be next United Manager? Empty If Moyes is sacked, who should be next United Manager?

Post by It Must Be Love Mon 21 Apr 2014, 4:29 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26352231

Tabloids are reporting that Moyes is on the verge of being sacked... if he is sacked now or at the end of the season; who should replace him?

Once we get 3-4 suggestions or so I'll start a poll.

Last edited by Starlight on Mon 21 Apr 2014, 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

If Moyes is sacked, who should be next United Manager? Empty Re: If Moyes is sacked, who should be next United Manager?

Post by compelling and rich Mon 21 Apr 2014, 4:33 pm

might as well put the 3 favorites up there in van gaal, kloop and giggs up there. simeone is another who's stock is currently sky high

my first pick is klopp

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

If Moyes is sacked, who should be next United Manager? Empty Re: If Moyes is sacked, who should be next United Manager?

Post by It Must Be Love Mon 21 Apr 2014, 4:35 pm

compelling and rich wrote:might as well put the 3 favorites up there in van gaal, kloop and giggs up there. simeone is another who's stock is currently sky high

my first pick is klopp
k, will put those up.

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 21 Apr 2014, 4:36 pm

No idea.

Mourinho was the stand out candidate last year and should have got the job. There isn't actually anyone that impressive available at the moment, with every elite club in europe (more or less) changing manager last year.

People are talking about Klopp, he would be a popular choice but is under contract with Dortmund and the Bundesliga is very different to the PL - I do wonder if he would do well here.

Van Gaal is floating about, but his last 2 club jobs have been AZ and bayern - McClaren managed to win a title above AZ in Holland and he was sacked from Bayern when they came 3rd...

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Mon 21 Apr 2014, 4:37 pm

It's unlikely they'll approach Everton again, but Martinez should be a contender.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 21 Apr 2014, 4:37 pm

Giggs, Klopp, Van Gaal, Simeone, Martinez, Ancelotti

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Mon 21 Apr 2014, 4:41 pm

Nakatomi Plaza wrote:It's unlikely they'll approach Everton again, but Martinez should be a contender.
Don't think Everton would allow it tbh

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Apr 2014, 4:42 pm

Giggs- no chance
Klopp - favourite
Van Gaal - big name but his record isnt that great
Simeone - one club success, could be a mistake to gamble on him from La Liga
Martinez - no chance of happening
Ancelotti- dependent upon real's finish to the season whether he's available
Bruce- cheap option, knows the club & the expectations.
Conte - aint he a betting cheat?
Capello - lol
Wenger - no chance in hell

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Mon 21 Apr 2014, 4:43 pm

OK I've put up who I think are the possible contenders.
Wenger is unlikely, but he could leave Arsenal at the end of the season, so he'd be available.

If Moyes is sacked now, I think Giggs will take them to the end of the season, and then they'll hire someone for the long term.

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 21 Apr 2014, 4:53 pm

Wouldn't want Wenger.

We made a balls of this last summer, barely a decent manager available now.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Mon 21 Apr 2014, 4:56 pm

If Wenger leaves arsenal, which I think is quite likely, he'll probably end up replacing Larry White at PSG.

If I was choosing the successor, I'd go for Klopp. I think losing Lewandowski could be the straw that breaks the camel's back as far as he is concerned, and the chance to take United back to their former glories could prove too strong.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Mon 21 Apr 2014, 4:56 pm

Mourhino wanted to come I think as well Sad

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Mon 21 Apr 2014, 5:05 pm

Klopp.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 21 Apr 2014, 6:19 pm

Klopp is who they should pursue
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 21 Apr 2014, 6:27 pm

not sure what to make of the van gaal link, bit meh if its him.

klopp is definitely the most exciting pick. not many teams play better football than dortmund and he'll have a lot more resources to work with at united and his best players wont be poached all the time

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 21 Apr 2014, 7:13 pm

RYAN GIGGS RYAN GIGGS RUNNING DOWN THE WING, RUNNING DOWN THE WING  warning

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Mon 21 Apr 2014, 10:11 pm

What's happening with the New York stock exchange thing, when is MOyes getting sacked ?

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Hulking_up Mon 21 Apr 2014, 10:18 pm

Would they dare ask Rogers?
His contract is up next year i believe.

Hulking_up

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Mon 21 Apr 2014, 10:19 pm

Hulking_up wrote:Would they dare ask Rogers?
His contract is up next year i believe.
Not happening, even more unlikely than Wenger.

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by sportform Mon 21 Apr 2014, 11:20 pm

This poll sums up why the likes of David Moyes and Tim Sherwood were never going to succeed this season. They are just not foreign enough.

Ed Woodward, the Man United CEO, was incompetent in the transfer window. Baines, Fabregas, Roanldo and Bale were all bid on. None arrived despite Woodward flying home early from the Far East to finalize deals.

United need a new CEO before a new manager.

Anyway, how about Steve McClaren for manager?
sportform
sportform

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Mon 21 Apr 2014, 11:56 pm

Starlight wrote:Mourhino wanted to come I think as well Sad

I'm pretty sure that Jose Mourinho was only ever going to go to Chelsea and i think that he has said that himself.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 22 Apr 2014, 8:09 am

sportform wrote:This poll sums up why the likes of David Moyes and Tim Sherwood were never going to succeed this season. They are just not foreign enough.

Ed Woodward, the Man United CEO, was incompetent in the transfer window. Baines, Fabregas, Roanldo and Bale were all bid on. None arrived despite Woodward flying home early from the Far East to finalize deals.

United need a new CEO before a new manager.

Anyway, how about Steve McClaren for manager?

Tim Sherwood is awful.

Rodgers is doing alright, Ferguson did fine. Bruce and Pulis are 2 of the managers of the year. Nothing to do with nationality, it's to do with ability.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 22 Apr 2014, 8:46 am

Moyes gone. Klopp in

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 22 Apr 2014, 8:56 am

It is mildly amusing how soon this experiment ended, given Utd fans' history of feigning shock when other clubs dismissed managers "too soon".

Does Utd really have anything to offer Klopp? Bigger purse, but that's about it, surely?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 22 Apr 2014, 9:04 am

kingraf wrote:It is mildly amusing how soon this experiment ended, given Utd fans' history of feigning shock when other clubs dismissed managers "too soon".

Does Utd really have anything to offer Klopp? Bigger purse, but that's about it, surely?

Got more potential than most, at Utd he wouldn't have his players poached for pittance by other English clubs, but I'd expect Barca fancy him and he'll go there
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 22 Apr 2014, 9:34 am

Klopp said he doesn't want to go to Barca.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Tue 22 Apr 2014, 9:41 am

Last time I heard a German football pundit talk about Klopp he said Klopp will probably not be as great outside of Germany, or especially in England, because he is extremely articulate and a man of many words and his style will be damaged as he isn't 100% fluent in English.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 22 Apr 2014, 9:56 am

CFCNick wrote:Last time I heard a German football pundit talk about Klopp he said Klopp will probably not be as great outside of Germany, or especially in England, because he is extremely articulate and a man of many words and his style will be damaged as he isn't 100% fluent in English.

whenever ive seen him talk, i always thought he speaks very good english. probably more articulate than the last two scots we've had  Laugh 

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Tue 22 Apr 2014, 9:57 am

Also, Simeone? Just another AVB disaster in the making if they push hard to get him.

You'd be better off with Gary Monk!!!

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 22 Apr 2014, 9:57 am

Klopp not interested in job.

I warned everyone how important getting last summer right was and now look at the state of us.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 22 Apr 2014, 9:59 am

not even your pessimism can get to me now ent after the news today

no matter who we get, he will be better than moyes

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 22 Apr 2014, 10:07 am

I don't think we have anyone lined up, I really don't.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 22 Apr 2014, 10:07 am

Rafa to take the job.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 22 Apr 2014, 10:13 am

Bull wrote:Rafa to take the job.

Laugh 

Come back David, all is forgiven.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Tue 22 Apr 2014, 10:52 am

Klopp apparently committed to Dortmund, according to the Guardian. I think Simeone (even if he did want to come) would be a huge risk. Yes he's done fantastically at Atletico, but that's it. Everybody thought Moyes did great at Everton too, but not so much now.

Van Gaal the obvious choice then, not a bad choice but not one who screams instant return to success for me, which seems to be what Man U are looking for? No overwhelmingly strong candidates for me.

Maybe Ancelotti if Real fail to win either the CL or La Liga and decide to let him go?

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 22 Apr 2014, 10:56 am

still think klopp could be tempted, should try at least. he's got the cup final to prepare for against bayern so i fully expected that type of statement untill after the season has finished

i agree on simeone, he's done fantastic this season but sometimes a club can suit a manager and he's not got much else on his cv

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 22 Apr 2014, 10:56 am

#AvramForUnited

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Apr 2014, 11:00 am

If the aim is initially to be more successful than Moyes, then my two year old daughter is available. She would require access to copies of "Peppa Pig" and "Ben and Holly's Little Kingdom" (these could double up as training videos as the Wise Old Elf will be her assistant with Daddy Pig as Fitness Coach and George as Head of the Youth team). She needs a nap at lunch time and chocolate biscuits will suffice in lieu of pay.

Team talks will consist of her stamping her foot and shouting "Do...it...right....NOW!"

Could it be any worse than the previous regime?

Failing that, what about Chris Houghton or Big Sam? Training would have to be delayed for several hours as Big Sam rubs his naked body all over the manager's seat moaning "Oooh Fergie's bum was once on here...luvverly!!!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Tue 22 Apr 2014, 11:01 am

I agree they should try for Klopp. I think he'd be a good fit.

On Simeone, it would be a gamble, but then sometimes these gambles can pay off: Chelsea went for Mourinho when he didn't have such an amazing CV either (admittedly he had WON the CL, but Simeone could still do that), and that paid off handsomely.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 22 Apr 2014, 11:07 am

Mad for Chelsea wrote:I agree they should try for Klopp. I think he'd be a good fit.

On Simeone, it would be a gamble, but then sometimes these gambles can pay off: Chelsea went for Mourinho when he didn't have such an amazing CV either (admittedly he had WON the CL, but Simeone could still do that), and that paid off handsomely.

Agreed, I don't think he will get the job but he is certainly a talent.

Though to be fair to Mourinho he had won the uefa cup too.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Apr 2014, 11:08 am

Why the hell would Simeone want to come to Utd? He's on the crest of a wave with Athletico at the minute and wasn't there a suggestion that he might be the Argentina manager at some point?

Still, let Utd make a bunch of frantic knee jerk reactions. Hard to feel sorry for Moyes in that he knew exactly what he was letting himself in for but the vilification of the press and public has made Hodgson's tenure at Liverpool look like one of the best in the club's history in comparison.

Still, a £4.5 million payoff should cheer him up a bit and he can always take over at Aston Villa with minimal expectation on his shoulders next season.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Apr 2014, 11:10 am

Mad for Chelsea wrote:I agree they should try for Klopp. I think he'd be a good fit.

Moyes was a gamble...11 years in the same job with ZERO trophies to show for it. The last thing Utd will want is another gamble but sadly, with the club in relative chaos, pretty much anyone coming in is going to be viewed as such

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 22 Apr 2014, 11:19 am

Moyes wasn't a gamble it was an idiotic decision that was never going to work.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Apr 2014, 11:26 am

Course it was a gamble for a team as successful as Utd to plump for a guy with a proven track record of medicocrity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 22 Apr 2014, 11:30 am

It was doomed to fail.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 22 Apr 2014, 11:31 am

Tony Pulis?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Tue 22 Apr 2014, 11:49 am

Be interesting to see how Giggs does as caretaker manager.

If him and Neville make a decent go if it, they could end up at the helm next season.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Apr 2014, 11:58 am

You can see why United would want to go back to having someone like Giggs at the helm, with all his understanding & experience of the club & its players, but he's not a manager you can trust to do this size of a job. Your just back to square one, Giggs spending £100m+ on players.........I don't think so.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 22 Apr 2014, 12:01 pm

No I don't think so, would take a remarkable person to go on to manage well straight after his playing career.

He will have opinions of the players based on playing with them rather than from a managers eyes.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 22 Apr 2014, 12:07 pm

super_realist wrote:Tony Pulis?

Well he's never been relegated so there a start

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next