The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

v2 Wrestling Podcast week commencing 7th April

+7
Enforcer
kingraf
Dolphin Ziggler
Kay Fabe
BD21
Crimey
crippledtart
11 posters

Go down

v2 Wrestling Podcast week commencing 7th April Empty v2 Wrestling Podcast week commencing 7th April

Post by crippledtart Mon 07 Apr 2014, 8:45 pm

Tonight, Chris is joined by Adam, Gavin, Paul and Richard to review Wrestlemania 30.

The Streak is over, and Daniel Bryan is the champion. We dissect the booking of those stories, assess the whole card from top to bottom, and ask what is next for all the major players in WWE.

Listen at http://v2wrestling.podomatic.com/entry/2014-04-07T12_38_14-07_00

You can follow us on twitter @v2wrestlingshow

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

v2 Wrestling Podcast week commencing 7th April Empty Re: v2 Wrestling Podcast week commencing 7th April

Post by Crimey Mon 07 Apr 2014, 9:04 pm

Apparently Undertaker actually asked to face Lesnar in 2010 and wanted to give him the streak. That was when Lesnar was still in UFC at that point, so it may be that he genuinely did want to give it to Lesnar.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

v2 Wrestling Podcast week commencing 7th April Empty Re: v2 Wrestling Podcast week commencing 7th April

Post by crippledtart Tue 08 Apr 2014, 6:11 pm

Tonight, Chris and Gavin discuss the episode of Raw that followed Wrestlemania 30.

WWE followed up on the end of The Streak without Undertaker appearing, and Daniel Bryan found some new friends in The Shield.

Listen at http://v2wrestling.podomatic.com/entry/2014-04-08T09_49_47-07_00

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by BD21 Tue 08 Apr 2014, 6:36 pm

I'll give both of these a listen.

BD21

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 08 Apr 2014, 6:55 pm

I think Heyman has turned face with Cesaro. With Lesnar gone for a few months, Heyman will be with Cesaro who will be a face and then will turn heel on Cesaro when Lesnar returns, because Lesnar is 'the one'.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 08 Apr 2014, 7:28 pm

No chance, I wanted to see Cesaro as a face but as long as he dropped Swagger that was the main thing, Cesaro will surely be a heel, Heyman doesn't work as a face either IMO...He's facing Big Show on Friday so that suggests they're keeping him heel, can't help but agree that its the right thing to do

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 08 Apr 2014, 7:34 pm

If it is a heel turn, it will flop. Cesaro is far too popular at the moment, not even Heyman will change that.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 08 Apr 2014, 7:35 pm

Its interesting. Hes getting very face reactions from more than just smarks, but the road to face stardom is harder at the moment and theres a gap for a fresh heel. They have the new faces of the main event scene in The Shield and Bryan and the new heels with the Wyatts. Maybe Heyman can push Cesaro up there.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 08 Apr 2014, 7:43 pm

To me everything, about the segment, apart from Heyman, screamed face, as did his booking at Wrestlemania. I would be very surprised if he was being booked as a heel, even though I agree there is a space. Especially considering Del Rio and Christian are likely leaving. I would turn Sheamus heel though.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 08 Apr 2014, 8:52 pm

Which is why its confusing. Cesaro has been booked a face. But then wanting Heyman as a manager is a heel move.

They need to change either Swagger or Cesaro's music. I say either as the music is very much enjoyed, and Cesaro could get a new entrance that isn't as good.

I would quite like Heyman and Zeb to both add to their stables. But for Heyman to do it I'm tempted to say it would need to be two more guys rather than one so that Cesaro doesnt just jump into a tag team again.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 08 Apr 2014, 10:27 pm

I think the very fact that Cesaro is getting a manager at all is the biggest hint that he is staying heel, his fce turn was on the pre show so I think it will be played out more of a break up than a face turn.

Cesaro is getting major face pops but a good program against a good face will sort that out, I'm hoping to see him go up against Daniel Bryan for a couple of PPV's over the Summer

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 09 Apr 2014, 8:01 am

Cesaro doesn't even have merchandise yet,
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 09 Apr 2014, 11:49 am

Everywhere I've seen it reported is amazed how well Heyman transitioned from heel to face. Seems to me like he just stood in front of a smark crowd.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Wed 09 Apr 2014, 8:20 pm

Tonight on the V2 Wrestling Podcast Paul and Adam discuss the recent goings on in TNA. How has the new direction since Dixie Carter left changed the product? They discuss the overall feel of the product and the direction of Willow, Spud, ECIII, Kenny King and more. Also, will they get to the bottom of the Knux families haunted amusement arcade?

http://v2wrestling.podomatic.com/entry/2014-04-09T12_02_42-07_00

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 09 Apr 2014, 11:46 pm

Seems slightly heel still but not convincing either way

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 10 Apr 2014, 9:35 am

Cesaro spoiler:

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 10 Apr 2014, 11:32 am

Yeah apparently I was wrong, ridiculous decision though considering he was probably the most over guy in WWE other than Bryan.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 10 Apr 2014, 12:17 pm

He's got face written all over him. The Cesaro Swing is a face move. He just looks like he should be a face.

But.

I'm glad they're not pulling the trigger on it too soon. Perhaps it's similar with Reigns in that they tested the waters, both got big face reactions but they don't want to rush the turns. Which for me is absolutely the right thing to do. If anyone can make Cesaro 100% heel with a couple of promo's its God Heyman.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Thu 10 Apr 2014, 12:21 pm

Bryan, The Shield and Cena are all faces near the top of the card. Add in Sheamus, Ziggler and Langston in the mid card and there are a lot of faces at the moment.

WWE obviously see a future in Cesaro, perhaps they are worried that putting him in a crowded face division would harm his chances of making an impression.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 10 Apr 2014, 12:40 pm

Enforcer wrote:Bryan, The Shield and Cena are all faces near the top of the card. Add in Sheamus, Ziggler and Langston in the mid card and there are a lot of faces at the moment.

WWE obviously see a future in Cesaro, perhaps they are worried that putting him in a crowded face division would harm his chances of making an impression.

Then I'd turn somebody else heel. Cesaro is so over it's silly not to, he might struggle to recover it. It's a bit like when they turned Ryback heel, seemed very odd considering how large his reactions were, no look at him.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Thu 10 Apr 2014, 1:30 pm

Tonight, Adam is joined by Gavin to reflect on the news of The Ultimate Warrior's death.

Warrior passed away on Tuesday aged 54, the day after he had returned to WWE Raw for the first time since 1996. This past weekend he was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame following a long period of animosity between the two parties.

Listen at http://v2wrestling.podomatic.com/entry/2014-04-10T05_20_45-07_00

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 10 Apr 2014, 1:32 pm

Crimey wrote:
Enforcer wrote:Bryan, The Shield and Cena are all faces near the top of the card. Add in Sheamus, Ziggler and Langston in the mid card and there are a lot of faces at the moment.

Then I'd turn somebody else heel. Cesaro is so over it's silly not to, he might struggle to recover it. It's a bit like when they turned Ryback heel, seemed very odd considering how large his reactions were, no look at him.

The simple answer for me is to stop the swing. However, theyve called him The King of Swing so it seems that wont happen.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 10 Apr 2014, 2:03 pm

It's just nonsensical to me. He was ridiculously popular.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 10 Apr 2014, 2:17 pm

As soon as he aligned himself with Heyman it was obvious to me.

Cesaro could easily be a badass face, he might be a foreigner but he doesn't need anyone to talk for him, getting a manager screams heel to me.

I want Cesaro to stay a heel though, Orton has probably had his day at least for now as the number 1 heel and I think the WWE might have realised Batista just hasn't got it, they need new freah heels that can main event, Cesaro is one who can alongside Bray Wyatt, I think staying heel for the forseeable future is in Cesaro's best interests and aligning him with Heyman suggests they have some big plans for him.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 10 Apr 2014, 2:23 pm

I expect him to be face again by Summerslam when Brock returns.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 10 Apr 2014, 2:49 pm

What do you mean face AGAIN Crimey? He never was face.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 10 Apr 2014, 3:05 pm

One thing that gripes me with Cesaro is the swing move.
Yes it's a great feat of strength, but it's really a lame move, they're only a short distance from the mat and however many times they spin doesn't alter the damage nor do you ever see the person he spins look disorientated from it. If at least it made the opponent get up and stumble around before falling over ala Flair/HBK then it'd be alright but it's quickly becoming the new 619 for me.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 10 Apr 2014, 3:19 pm

If you get spun on a round about you'll stumble about. If you fall over you'll stay there to get your equilibrium back in check. You could easily pin a guy in that time, especially if he doesnt know where he is.  Seeing a guy get up and stagger and wobble will be too hokey and comedic.

It isnt about damage, but incapacitaion.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Thu 10 Apr 2014, 3:31 pm

I think it shows a good level headedness and muturity from the wwe (for once), How many times have they rushed a turn to capitalize on a few cheers and it bomb. Take their time with him and he could be a massive star.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 10 Apr 2014, 4:08 pm

Mr H wrote:What do you mean face AGAIN Crimey? He never was face.

I think he was definitely face from the end of the tag team match at Wrestlemania up until Paul Heyman came out. Doing the swing on Swagger after the tag match was definitely a face turn.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 10 Apr 2014, 5:42 pm

Who knew he turned on Swagger though? Apart from those who made it into Mania early or the minority who saw the pre show?

I never considered him.a face but felt him shaking Shows hand after the Battle Royal was certainly face-like.

To be fair though, I do think they were gonna turn him face but changed their minds at RAW on Monday

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Thu 10 Apr 2014, 5:48 pm

Tonight, Adam is joined by Gavin to reflect on the news of The Ultimate Warrior's death.

Warrior passed away on Tuesday aged 54, the day after he had returned to WWE Raw for the first time since 1996. This past weekend he was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame following a long period of animosity between the two parties.

Listen at http://v2wrestling.podomatic.com/entry/2014-04-10T05_20_45-07_00

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down