The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lennox Lewis - Boxing's greatest wind up merchant !!

+11
Strongback
SugarRayBray
Mind the windows Tino.
jimdig
tommyhearnsprodigalson
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
hazharrison
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Hammersmith harrier
AdamT
TRUSSMAN66
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Lennox Lewis - Boxing's greatest wind up merchant !! - Page 2 Empty Lennox Lewis - Boxing's greatest wind up merchant !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 04 Apr 2014, 10:10 am

First topic message reminder :

The quite, soft spoken and gentlemanly Brit was the Napoleon of wummery.......Forget the transparent antics of Ali and Hoppo types....The intelligent Brit knew how to get under the skin of his opponents better than any fighter I've ever seen !!!.....

Bowe - Spoilt the party after Bowe's brilliant win over Holy......By casually remarking "You know I'm going to knock you out" about fifty times as Bowe tried to walk by.....Bowe seemed genuinely riled and rightly so as his monumental effort had just been dismissed........

Holy - Holy didn't mind people damning his talent and record.......But you don't go near his religion......So why doesn't Lewis go near his religion and suggest all the marital affairs make him look a great christian.........Holy commented later that out of all his opponents he wanted to smash up Lewis the most.....

Rahman - A nice quiet press conference promoting the rematch ends up on the floor as the quietly spoken Brit... cool as usual gets under Rahman's skin........

Bruno - We all know Bruno was sensitive about the Uncle Tom mutterings..........So why not call him an Uncle Tom and liven a press conference up by getting served a writ..........

Tyson - Just by being on the stage with Tyson seem to make Tyson lose the plot and a press conference ended up with a melee and ankles being bitten..

Vitali - Poor old Vitali was kept guessing whether Lewis would or wouldn't........Not that Lewis was ever going to..But why not mess with his head..

Lewis is a good chess player apparently and I can believe it.........

Like the other Brit James Bond........Nobody did it better !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Lennox Lewis - Boxing's greatest wind up merchant !! - Page 2 Empty Re: Lennox Lewis - Boxing's greatest wind up merchant !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 07 Apr 2014, 11:44 am

You are changing the argument soldier..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Lennox Lewis - Boxing's greatest wind up merchant !! - Page 2 Empty Re: Lennox Lewis - Boxing's greatest wind up merchant !!

Post by Guest Mon 07 Apr 2014, 1:36 pm

It was a legitimate win for him, but that doesn't mean there wasn't an element of luck involved and had it taken place a few years earlier then I don't think there'd have been any way he could have swerved a return bout.
I do as my opinion is that a few years earlier, Lewis (motivated and in shape) beats Vitali with something to spare and no-one thinks there's a need for a rematch as the original contest wasn't even close.

but that' just my opinion of how Lewis in his prime beats that (or any) version of Vitali

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 07 Apr 2014, 2:43 pm

No chance the Klitschko fight was one of Lewis' best wins. He was crap in that fight. He didnt have his eye on the ball. But it says a lot that even against an old and off form Lewis, Klitschko couldnt get it done. Even Rahman beat Lewis when he was in that kind of form as would a quite a few other heavyweights.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 07 Apr 2014, 3:00 pm

Rahman's was a lucky punch

Crap argument

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by tommyhearnsprodigalson Mon 07 Apr 2014, 3:11 pm

I've always wondered how a punch that was intended to hit the target can be deemed as lucky.......

tommyhearnsprodigalson

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 07 Apr 2014, 3:15 pm

tommyhearnsprodigalson wrote:I've always wondered how a punch that was intended to hit the target can be deemed as lucky.......

It can....if not blocked with dedication.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 07 Apr 2014, 3:16 pm

The rematch might answer your question

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 07 Apr 2014, 3:53 pm

Lucky punch my ass. Lewis was acting up in the first Rahman fight and clowning about. He was awful and he got punished. The rematch he showed up and it was probably the best he has ever been. If Lewis could have brought that kind of focus, determination and desire to prove a point in every fight he would have been outstanding. But he had a habit of drifting. He didnt show up against Klitschko. Especially in the first few rounds. He was awful. That type of Lewis performance would have come a cropper against even some average heavyweights. A great heavyweight would have wiped him out in a few rounds on that showing.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2