The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crazy UCI Decision on Electronic Gears

3 posters

Go down

Crazy UCI Decision on Electronic Gears Empty Crazy UCI Decision on Electronic Gears

Post by Azabache Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:03 am

What a bizarre decision to come out of the UCI headquarters today:
In all pro races from now there will be time penalties on riders using electronic gears, viz.:
• Time trials <30KM…..40 secs.
• Time trials >30KM…..50 secs.
• Road stages <90KM…..30 secs.
• Road stages >90KM…..40 secs.
• Mountain stages comprising mainly Cats 2 – 4…..20 secs.
• Mountain stages comprising mainly Cats 1 – HC…..10 secs.
I can just about see where they are coming from on TTs as there is a slight advantage on speedier gear changes, but on long road and mountain stages surely any advantage of quicker gear changes is counterbalanced by the increased weight of the electronic set-ups (not to mention their reliability issues!).
Just when we thought there was new hope with the management changes, this comes along. Or are they trying to penalise the wealthier outfits?

Azabache

Back to top Go down

Crazy UCI Decision on Electronic Gears Empty Re: Crazy UCI Decision on Electronic Gears

Post by CaledonianCraig Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:23 pm

Or is it just an April Fools joke?  Wink 
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Crazy UCI Decision on Electronic Gears Empty Re: Crazy UCI Decision on Electronic Gears

Post by Azabache Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:34 pm

Yes folks-it's a Lirpa Loof!

Interesting subject though. I can't make my mind up whether to change to these things. Those who have them defend them (but they are not going to admit to wasting so much money are they?) but most chaps I know say don't touch 'em with the proverbial-expensive, heavy, repairs expensive (if you can find a willing mechanic), subject to interference, rain and mud....

What's the feeling out there?

Azabache

Back to top Go down

Crazy UCI Decision on Electronic Gears Empty Re: CPCastellbisbal 2012-2013 Roller Hockey Elite

Post by joni93 Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:54 pm

Those who have them defend them (but they are not going to admit to wasting so much money are they?) but most chaps I know say don't touch 'em with the proverbial-expensive, heavy, repairs expensive

joni93

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down