The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In the line of Duty

+2
guildfordbat
Paul Mac 6CW
6 posters

Go down

In the line of Duty Empty In the line of Duty

Post by Paul Mac 6CW Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:36 pm

I loved the first series of this starring Lennie James and was a little worried when they announced the second series but two episodes in I really must take my hat off to those involved. Keeley Hawes has been a great addition to the cast and each episode has left me wanting more

Anybody who hasn't watched the first series or indeed has held back from the second fearing that the quality has diminished I cant recommend this programme enough. It is quality like this this almost make the TV licence worthwhile

Paul Mac 6CW
6CW Creative

Location : Born in Surrey, live near Sunderland and work in London

Back to top Go down

In the line of Duty Empty Re: In the line of Duty

Post by guildfordbat Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:48 pm

Paul - I didn't see the first series but am already heavily into this one. Devastating ending to the first episode of this series.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mac 6CW Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:58 am

I agree. I didn't see it coming at all

I'd definitely recommend the 1st series

Paul Mac 6CW
6CW Creative

Location : Born in Surrey, live near Sunderland and work in London

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:17 pm

I was worried about a second series also but have to say the first few episodes have been excellent , the mark of a good show is when you can't wait for the next episode to find out were it is going next and this has that in abundance .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:47 pm

By the way it's just called Line Of Duty, no In The needed.  OK 

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:34 pm

cracking episode , the boiling water made me squirm
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:09 pm

The first series of this started tonight here in Melbourne ... so I came on here to see if anyone was writing about it ; but I see you lot are way ahead of us so had better not read any comments...

Have to say that it looks absolutely brilliant ! First episode twist blew me away...will be a must see.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:38 pm

Series 3 currently showing in the UK, cracking 2 episodes so far. Almost everyone seems to be hiding something but never sure what ....

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:31 am

Just commence here too. Haven't caught first episode yet but will do over next couple of days.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:52 pm

Saw first episode the other night. Indeed a cracker...

At first I thought : lively start ; but it looks a fairly open and shut case ...how's this going six episodes ? Silly me ...always more than meets the eye in this show ! What a finish to the opener !

Glued on for the rest...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:08 am

Just wait for episode 5, Alfie. Just wait ....

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:06 am

Ha . You are two episodes ahead of us , I see.

The first three have been gripping ... and it just keeps on surprising ; whenever you think you know what is going on someone else does something that brings previous theories into doubt.
I guessed the the basic reasons behind the initial action quickly enough - but what everyone else has been up to subsequently still remains unclear : getting so you can't quite trust anyone !
Quality drama. Will wait in anticipation.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Thu May 12, 2016 2:15 pm

Episode five was indeed a cracker - though I saw the ending coming for a long time  (for once)

Thought episode six would be the final : but after watching it last night I see we have another one to come (an odd number of episodes , no ? Presume next week will be the last ?)

Of course you fellows have already seen it all by now ... I remain in some suspense...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu May 12, 2016 11:54 pm

Hi Alfie - there were only 6 episodes shown here although the last one ran for 90 minutes. Talk more when it's ended for you.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Fri May 13, 2016 1:21 am

Aha - I see . They have split the last episode here. I did think they were inserting extra advertisement breaks this week.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sat May 21, 2016 6:15 am

Saw the final scenes the other day - suitably action packed finish after what had appeared for a while to be ending comparatively tamely with a lot of carefully assembled circumstantial evidence (though I was rather fearing a combination of good lawyers / lack of clear proof and Masonic influence were going to end with the Evildoers escaping justice in the end) ; should have known the writers would have had something up their sleeve for the finish. !

If I have to quibble , perhaps the escape/chase etc climax did call for a little suspension of disbelief Smile Talk about well drilled minions in strategic places !

A lot of these high class TV dramas seem to go down that path : a lot of realistic looking , if complicated , plotting and official investigation ... but ending in slightly OTT fashion (think Spooks , for example) - but I guess that is what separates TV from real life.

Presume that is where we will leave the characters , though I suppose the door is left open for another series if they want it. Have enjoyed the show.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:06 am

New series being trailed by the BBC as coming soon. Can't speak for the Australian network though, Alfie. Wink

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:37 am

Putting this back in its proper place instead of the cricket threads Smile

If you are reading , guildford :

Have now seen the first three of the new series : loving it. Still being constantly wrong footed by the writers changes in direction - so much so that I have just about abandoned attempts to guess what is coming and settled for just going along with the flow...

Not a clue as to exactly who is killing/framing/protecting who at the moment - though I do know I would be very nervous if working with that female detective chief let alone being married to her Smile

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:43 am

Hi Alfie - I had wondered if you were watching this but thought it best to leave you to follow up here in your own time.

Glad you are enjoying it so much. I feel your approach of ''just going along with the flow'' is 100% correct. Anything else attempted now would be an unsatisfactory and unsuccessful distraction.

You may have some misgivings at the end of this journey (let's talk about that then) but above all else enjoy the ride!

Now as for Jonny Bairstow's wicketkeeping, .... Wink

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:56 am

OK better sum this one up...saw the final a couple of weeks ago but was waiting for guildford to come back on board..

Got their man - or woman...though the hint remains that Bigger Fish are Still Out There. No doubt for series five.

Misgivings ? Hmm : it was perhaps a little surprising to see her fold up so quickly and completely at the end ; though you could argue it was in line with her calculating personality. And maybe finding clues so easily , just when needed , in the nick of time is a little too convenient...but they seemed to explain everything that had happened without leaving any awkward missing pieces (unless I missed something) so I was reasonably satisfied with the wrap up.

Perhaps I'd prefer they didn't feel compelled to have a guns-hostages-confrontation in supposedly secure police buildings at the end of each series - it is a little at odds with the generally controlled atmosphere around the investigation though the earlier episodes...but I'd be nitpicking. It's a great show - hope they are on for another thumbsup

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri May 31, 2019 3:35 am

Series 5 was excellent. Possibly the best of them so far.
Enough twists to keep you guessing who was good and who was bad, some interesting character development. And at the end hinted more than enough for a future series (though I have read it could be the last). Though guessed the main person who was bad quite quickly.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:53 am

Series five just started here last week. Excellent first episode (they know how to start with a bang!) and I look forward to the rest of it...

I hope it won't be the last.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:46 pm

It really is excellent Alfie. Pretty much every episode is very interesting.

Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:14 pm

Luke wrote:Series 5 was excellent. Possibly the best of them so far.
Enough twists to keep you guessing who was good and who was bad, some interesting character development. And at the end hinted more than enough for a future series (though I have read it could be the last). Though guessed the main person who was bad quite quickly.

There had better be another series ! Just finished this one and they've left it so ambiguous we simply have to get more...

Was indeed a fascinating watch thumbsup

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:38 pm

Agree there needs to be another series at least, this one was fascinating. Plus I want to see if some theories I have come true. But it's a brilliant series.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down