The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Richie McCaw loses Captaincy

+6
Geordie
SecretFly
nobbled
gregortree
Biltong
GloriousEmpire
10 posters

Go down

Richie McCaw loses Captaincy Empty Richie McCaw loses Captaincy

Post by GloriousEmpire Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:20 pm

Richie McCaw is genetically incapable of failure, science has revealed.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/super-rugby/9745622/Heat-goes-on-Richie-McCaw-as-title-hunt-starts

It is unclear whether the NZRU will be allowed to continue using the furnace he was forged in to produce Whitelocks.

At least this breakthrough now proves what we, in NZ have suspected all along: any referee penalising McCaw was just wrong.

With this rather unfair advantage now cruelly dissipating through the natural entropic decay of the universe, and McCaw having lost his captain-ness already, what the hell will we do now?

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Richie McCaw loses Captaincy Empty Re: Richie McCaw loses Captaincy

Post by Biltong Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:36 pm

Simple, you have to play rugby the same way as us mere mortals
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:42 pm

Try and get by with a normal 7 unadorned by a ref stealth cloak.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:50 pm

talking about cloaks, I am surprised the English have not yet approached Harry Potter for his.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:53 pm

Biltong wrote:talking about cloaks, I am surprised the English have not yet approached Harry Potter for his.

Unfortunately the cloak was placed on a chair over Tom Youngs ability to throw, and no-one has seen either since.
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:57 pm

nobbled wrote:
Biltong wrote:talking about cloaks, I am surprised the English have not yet approached Harry Potter for his.

Unfortunately the cloak was placed on a chair over Tom Youngs ability to throw, and no-one has seen either since.
People have short memories, he'll surface soon. Wink
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:48 pm

Richie McCaw loses the Captaincy...after he commands the head coach to do so.
"Demote me or you lose your job"

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:37 pm

We have one...its doing a good job of hiding the fact Robshaw is the best 7 in the world  Wink

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:23 pm

He may be the one of the best 7s in the world but he's probably the worst member of his backrow trio at the moment. I'm sure if criticism is warranted their are strong enough characters in that squad to dish it out.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:32 pm

Ill take my tongue out of my cheek FA...but i do believe Robshaw gets a massive raw deal. He is a quality 7 at international level.

I think he is a cruicial part of a back row unit that has real potential. Him and Wood work as a team in that trio aswell - indeed (contradicting what i just said) probably playing more of a left and right flanker . Allowing Vunipola / Morgan to get hold of that ball.

Dont underestimate Robshaw.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:35 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:Ill take my tongue out of my cheek FA...but i do believe Robshaw gets a massive raw deal. He is a quality 7 at international level.

I think he is a cruicial part of a back row unit that has real potential. Him and Wood work as a team in that trio aswell - indeed (contradicting what i just said) probably playing more of a left and right flanker . Allowing Vunipola / Morgan to get hold of that ball.

Dont underestimate Robshaw.

Was actually talking about McCaw mate. Smile

Robshaw does get through a lot of work though I have to admit.... whenever he plays the best you don't get the impression he's getting bested personally.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:39 pm

Very Happy oops, sorry mate

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:05 am

Robshaw, SOB and McCaw aren't classic 7s nowadays. They have different strengths but their play is closer to that of an 8 or a 6 as opposed to a 7 like Cane, Warburton or Pocock. The game has obviously changed as they are all excelling. McCaw has obviously been there long enough to see changes in the game and adapt accordingly-maybe the other two will with time. Either way all are class and they are parts of bloody good loose trios.

It's good that McCaw isn't skip-a he's got enough on his plate and b giving responsibility to another player is good for his team. Certainly isn't a sign of his decline IMO-still probably the best engine in world rugby as he makes accurate decisions for the full 80 despite going full tilt. The last twenty of the Irish test showed that in terms of his leadership and play-and he adapted from being belted by SOB in the first half.

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:18 am

"Robshaw, SOB and McCaw aren't classic 7s nowadays. They have different strengths but their play is closer to that of an 8 or a 6 as opposed to a 7 like Cane, Warburton or Pocock. The game has obviously changed as they are all excelling. McCaw has obviously been there long enough to see changes in the game and adapt accordingly-maybe the other two will with time. Either way all are class and they are parts of bloody good loose trios.

It's good that McCaw isn't skip-a he's got enough on his plate and b giving responsibility to another player is good for his team. Certainly isn't a sign of his decline IMO-still probably the best engine in world rugby as he makes accurate decisions for the full 80 despite going full tilt. The last twenty of the Irish test showed that in terms of his leadership and play-and he adapted from being belted by SOB in the first half."

Spot on
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:28 am

Crusaders missed Read as it turned out. Getting a reality check again from the chiefs (it's so nice for a Waikato lad to finally be proud of the team). Cruden looks in fine nick early on and some promise shown by fruean and ngatai. A combo the All Blacks selectors are bound to look closely at.

Crusaders made the mistake of leaving legend and worlds fourth best fly half, Tom Taylor out for the passé blyendaal. Who couldn't even manage to kick himself for missing every shot at goal, without missing.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by nganboy Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:45 pm

GloriousEmpire wrote:Crusaders missed Read as it turned out. Getting a reality check again from the chiefs (it's so nice for a Waikato lad to finally be proud of the team). Cruden looks in fine nick early on and some promise shown by fruean and ngatai. A combo the All Blacks selectors are bound to look closely at.

Crusaders made the mistake of leaving legend and worlds fourth best fly half, Tom Taylor out for the passé blyendaal. Who couldn't even manage to kick himself for missing every shot at goal, without missing.

Yes interesting call putting Taylor on the Bench - you wonder what Hansen sees in him that Blackadder doesn't
nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down