The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roy Jones Jr. — I’m Running for Mayor

5 posters

Go down

Roy Jones Jr. — I’m Running for Mayor Empty Roy Jones Jr. — I’m Running for Mayor

Post by Strongback Wed 19 Feb 2014, 5:38 am

Boxing legend Roy Jones Jr.’s career isn’t over — in fact, he tells TMZ Sports, he’s officially taking a shot at a brand new title … MAYOR. 45-year-old Jones — the first former middleweight champion to win a heavyweight title in 106 years back in 2003 — tells us, he plans to run for Mayor of his hometown Pensacola, Florida at the next election. And he’s serious too — the HBO analyst says he’s already prepared all the necessary paperwork … and got TEN TIMES the required number of signatures to make himself eligible (nearly 5,000 to be exact).

As for his policies — Jones says he wants to focus on children, telling us, “A lot of kids don’t have proper leadership at home. I’m willing to try and be that person for them.” He adds, “I tell the kids, don’t fight in the streets. Go into MMA, go into boxing. Do something that someone can be proud of you for.”

Jones is confident he can win too — “I’ve been opposed my whole life, and I’ve always won.” Can’t argue with that.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Roy Jones Jr. — I’m Running for Mayor Empty Re: Roy Jones Jr. — I’m Running for Mayor

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 19 Feb 2014, 7:22 am

Well, whatever keeps him out the ring!
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Roy Jones Jr. — I’m Running for Mayor Empty Re: Roy Jones Jr. — I’m Running for Mayor

Post by kingraf Wed 19 Feb 2014, 8:31 am

If Arnold's juiced backside could become governor, then I'm sure Roy has a good chance.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Feb 2014, 8:32 am

If Boris Johnson can be Mayor then Roy could be President

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Wed 19 Feb 2014, 8:32 am

88Chris05 wrote:Well, whatever keeps him out the ring!

This. 100%. The idea of him and Collins still getting it on is horrifying.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Feb 2014, 8:37 am

KingMonkey wrote:
88Chris05 wrote:Well, whatever keeps him out the ring!

This.  100%.  The idea of him and Collins still getting it on is horrifying.
#worstsextapeever

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 19 Feb 2014, 10:00 am

Arnie had big Conservative buddies to donate big time to his campaign and he was mainstream..

Bit different for a washed up fighter..

But lets wish him luck..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 19 Feb 2014, 10:11 am

Arnold got into politics and worked his way up the food chain. He was Bush's appointment to the council on physical fitness. He also did a lot of work with the special Olympics. Arnold's had a carefully orchestrated run over a decade. He didn't just arrive he played the game.

He is and always has been a self serving pretty disingenuous guy.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 19 Feb 2014, 10:15 am

I know..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down