The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NZ seeks reparation by importing talent INTO pacific islands

+2
doctor_grey
GloriousEmpire
6 posters

Go down

NZ seeks reparation by importing talent INTO pacific islands Empty NZ seeks reparation by importing talent INTO pacific islands

Post by GloriousEmpire Fri 07 Feb 2014, 7:00 pm

NZ are damned if they do and damned if they don't it seems after being criticised for this latest u-turn.

For the first time, NZ have imported foreign American talent to a pacific island.

https://youtu.be/kL6R2yq7R8M

Is it a stunt? Is AIG somehow involved? Or did NZ just not have the requisit skilled individuals?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/australiaandthepacific/newzealand/10623518/Air-New-Zealands-Sport-Illustrated-safety-video-sparks-sexism-row.html

Erm...rugby! Six nations! Line out!

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

NZ seeks reparation by importing talent INTO pacific islands Empty Re: NZ seeks reparation by importing talent INTO pacific islands

Post by doctor_grey Sat 08 Feb 2014, 2:35 am

This is talent. New Zealand is not damned in my mind at all for this. Air New Zealand should be honoured.
But then again, I am a retrograde, sexist, amoral, grumpy old man.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

NZ seeks reparation by importing talent INTO pacific islands Empty Re: NZ seeks reparation by importing talent INTO pacific islands

Post by aucklandlaurie Sat 08 Feb 2014, 5:06 am

Its a big improvement on the Hobbit videos they did.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 08 Feb 2014, 5:26 am

The hobbit movies would have been a lot more popular if it had a few of these ladies in it.  Whistle 
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Metal Tiger Sat 08 Feb 2014, 8:14 am

That may be the first post of yours that I have ever scrutinised in detail and reread & watched again... and again.

And again.

Well done. Keep 'em coming..
Metal Tiger
Metal Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Sat 08 Feb 2014, 9:27 am

As for the feminists...

First, they're criticising something they haven't seen.

Secondly there is a pretty good indication that the video will include some enormous tanned muscle bound Cook Islanders. Am I ringing air NZ and complaining I will feel emasculated by their presence?

People, and by people, I mean feminists, need to get over themselves and come to terms with their own insecurity. There's always going to be someone better looking, smarter, richer, or whatever in the world. And they need to find a way to stop that threatening their own identities.

There's always a bigger fish.

I think the problem could be solved if they watched more Star Wars movies.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 08 Feb 2014, 12:47 pm

As in most things, it comes down to having a sense of humour. People losing a sense of self and perspective is one of the bad directions which I see society heading.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hood83 Sat 08 Feb 2014, 12:59 pm

doctor_grey wrote:As in most things, it comes down to having a sense of humour.  People losing a sense of self and perspective is one of the bad directions which I see society heading.  

I think the rise of preening narcissists is probably a bigger problem. This video probably represents both.

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Sun 09 Feb 2014, 2:48 pm

I've never been made to feel inferior by a "preening narcisist". In fact most modela ive met Have been insecure that others may prejudge them as vapid or shallow, or you know a preening narcissist. Insecurity about ones own status is a human condition and not reserved to the hairy overweight clog wearing feminist society.

On a positive note, I have internet access if I drive all the way to one side of the island.

Congratulations england! But especially Ireland. The scorelines look like they must've been two helluva great performances.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down