The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McBryde Seeks IRB Clarification on Referreeing of the Scrum

+2
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
LondonTiger
6 posters

Go down

McBryde Seeks IRB Clarification on Referreeing of the Scrum Empty McBryde Seeks IRB Clarification on Referreeing of the Scrum

Post by LondonTiger Mon 10 Mar 2014, 12:56 pm

In a mirror image of last season, Welsh forwards coach Robin McBryde will be seeking clarification on romainPoite's decision making at the scrums.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/26510039 wrote:Wales forwards coach Robin McBryde says he will contact International Rugby Board high performance match official manager Joel Jutge to discuss Poite's handling of the scrums.
McBryde felt the rival Twickenham scrums were "evenly-matched", adding: "I didn't think the difference was that glaring that it warranted a yellow card.

I think he is perfectly within his right, as Rowntree was last season, to gain a greater understanding of why the ref interpreted things as he did. Now it is fairly obvious why Jenkins was pinged, he was at 90 degrees pretty much every scrum, but I guess they feel that Wilson was doing something illegal to create that situation.

Finally from the skipper:

Wales captain Sam Warburton said Poite made his feelings clear on their scrum, speaking to the trio of Adam Jones, Richard Hibbard and Jenkins several times before producing the yellow card.
Warburton said his players were "well aware he [Poite] wasn't favouring us in the scrum, so they knew the potential outcome of another penalty

He really does talk a lot of sense. My respect for him grows a little more.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

McBryde Seeks IRB Clarification on Referreeing of the Scrum Empty Re: McBryde Seeks IRB Clarification on Referreeing of the Scrum

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon 10 Mar 2014, 12:57 pm

Imagine the horror when they realised that they werent being favoured!

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

McBryde Seeks IRB Clarification on Referreeing of the Scrum Empty Re: McBryde Seeks IRB Clarification on Referreeing of the Scrum

Post by Jimpy Mon 10 Mar 2014, 1:03 pm

All this bitterness after the rugby-obsessed Welsh nation suffered a crushing 29-18 defeat at Twickenham by an England team that only does it for a bit of fun.

Rugby is their main ‘thing’ and the very backbone of the Welsh national identity, so to be beaten by a country where it is only watched by retired doctors, prawn sandwich eating and champagne swilling 'toffs' must be utterly devastating.

Rugby  is pretty much all Wales has apart from singing in choirs, and even that’s been hijacked by the BBC and that knob Gareth thingy.

It felt good seeing England win. Up to now it’s only been a hobby for them obviously, but i'm sure we could all get into this niche football variant.

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon 10 Mar 2014, 1:09 pm

Massive hook and bait Jimpy. surely too obvious for any fish to bite?

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Mon 10 Mar 2014, 1:11 pm

LondonTiger wrote:Massive hook and bait Jimpy. surely too obvious for any fish to bite?

Posted it on two threads, lets see who we catch...

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 10 Mar 2014, 5:52 pm

A pretty sad trolling thread, it seems. Are we done here, or does everyone want a few more pops before I lock it?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Mon 10 Mar 2014, 6:16 pm

George Carlin wrote:A pretty sad trolling thread, it seems. Are we done here, or does everyone want a few more pops before I lock it?

Theres nothing wrong with the OP, just delete the silly posts (it's what the other mods said was going to happen)

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Mon 10 Mar 2014, 6:17 pm

I agree with the above, perfectly well within their rights to seek clarification. Personally i have no idea what they can be confused about, Jenkins was pointing inwards at every scrum.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 10 Mar 2014, 6:20 pm

Not sure what McBride wants to question, Jenkins scrummed at an angle, it was clear and obvious
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon 10 Mar 2014, 6:25 pm

George Carlin wrote:A pretty sad trolling thread, it seems. Are we done here, or does everyone want a few more pops before I lock it?

Apologies, was not meant to be a troll. As i said I firmly believe that coaches should seek clarifications on things they are unsure of. I think Rowntree was correct, and that McBryde is too. It would be hypocritical to think otherwise. It is a shame that these things leak out, but we live in wal-to-wall media age.

Again Warburton gave a very mature response. I can only assume you feel I was being sarcastic. I was not.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down