The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm afraid I'm irish and I have a funny feeling Ireland are gonna get destroyed!!

+28
Gibson
DeludedOptimistorjustDave
Shifty
Notch
doctor_grey
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
GunsGerms
ChequeredJersey
Impossible Standards
rodders
overlordofthewest
Cyril
kiakahaaotearoa
munkian
Mickado
littlejohn
Breadvan
Biltong
majesticimperialman
Knowsit17
Scratch
GloriousEmpire
SecretFly
Jhamer25
asoreleftshoulder
quinsforever
ME-109
RugbyFan182
32 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I'm afraid I'm irish and I have a funny feeling Ireland are gonna get destroyed!! - Page 2 Empty I'm afraid I'm irish and I have a funny feeling Ireland are gonna get destroyed!!

Post by RugbyFan182 Thu 06 Feb 2014, 11:49 pm

First topic message reminder :

Sorry lads but I'm on a roll..gonna be a serious hammering what do you think?

RugbyFan182

Back to top Go down

I'm afraid I'm irish and I have a funny feeling Ireland are gonna get destroyed!! - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm afraid I'm irish and I have a funny feeling Ireland are gonna get destroyed!!

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri 07 Feb 2014, 1:09 pm

Griff wrote:As I posted elsewhere, Wales have never destroyed/hammered anyone. Ever. Apart from the odd 'minnows' game and laterly they're more likely to give us a run for our money.

Calling England minnows is a bit harsh

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

I'm afraid I'm irish and I have a funny feeling Ireland are gonna get destroyed!! - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm afraid I'm irish and I have a funny feeling Ireland are gonna get destroyed!!

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Fri 07 Feb 2014, 1:11 pm

swallows would be anachronistic...

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Fri 07 Feb 2014, 4:27 pm

RugbyFan182 wrote:I'm afraid I'm irish and I have a funny feeling Ireland are gonna get destroyed!!
I just read the title of your thread with a bit more interest and realised this is one of those "Eats Shoots and Leaves" situations. So please help me understand your title.

I'm afraid, I'm irish and I have a funny feeling Ireland are gonna get destroyed!!

I'm afraid I'm irish, and I have a funny feeling Ireland are gonna get destroyed!!

I'm afraid. I'm irish and I have a funny feeling Ireland are gonna get destroyed!!

I'm afraid I'm irish and I have a funny feeling. Ireland are gonna get destroyed!!

I'm afraid. I'm irish and I have a funny feeling. Ireland are gonna get destroyed!!

I am most worried about that 'funny feeling'

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Fri 07 Feb 2014, 4:30 pm

'I'm afraid I'm Irish'

Well, the 1st step IS admitting you have a problem...
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 07 Feb 2014, 4:32 pm

Understand that the commas are confusing you - therefore I have a funny feeling that you shouldn't obsess over them.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri 07 Feb 2014, 4:48 pm

How about...

Ireland are gonna get destroyed and I have a funny feeling. I'm afraid I'm Irish!

I'm afraid I have a funny feeling and I'm gonna get destroyed, Ireland are Irish!

Irish are funny, I'm afraid. I have a feeling. Ireland and I'm gonna get destroyed!

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 07 Feb 2014, 4:54 pm

All good reasons for incarceration in a strait-jacket and a padded cell.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 07 Feb 2014, 5:04 pm

I have a funny feeling Ireland are afraid I'm Irish, and I'm gonna get detroyed!

Yes, RugbyFan182. You will get destroyed if you try hoisting a white flag again on this here site!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri 07 Feb 2014, 5:06 pm

SecretFly wrote:All good reasons for incarceration in a strait-jacket and a padded cell.

Dont knock it......

Am off for my daily swim in the city centre later....Streets should be filling up nicely at this stage...

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 07 Feb 2014, 5:09 pm

I don't like it that Cork got funding as home to all 15 full sized 50 meter Olympic standard pools.  It smells of brown envelope politics.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri 07 Feb 2014, 5:11 pm

No funding...its all free...I tell you this much it brings a new meaning to the term pub crawl....

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Fri 07 Feb 2014, 5:12 pm

Hope you have had your tetanus booster shots.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 07 Feb 2014, 5:12 pm

GunsGerms wrote:
RugbyFan182 wrote:May I mention I'm going to the game....I called it with Australia !!

I have Ireland down for a 10 point loss. I am also going to the game.

I won four pizzas with Base Pizza for predicting the Scotland score to within a couple of points.

Shocked We're doomed, doomed I tells ya!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri 07 Feb 2014, 5:14 pm

Guns...did you really bet against Ireland...thats disgraceful...

out of curiousity....what were the odds... Whistle 

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 07 Feb 2014, 5:15 pm

Still, I'll never be afraid to be Irish. Whenever threatening men in foreign climes sidle up to me and ominously ask if I'm British the Irish card seems to defuse the situation. If you're Irish you actually have less reason to be afraid it seems.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri 07 Feb 2014, 5:17 pm

Notch wrote:Still, I'll never be afraid to be Irish. Whenever threatening men in foreign climes sidle up to me and ominously ask if I'm British the Irish card seems to defuse the situation. If you're Irish you actually have less reason to be afraid it seems.

meh..its overrated....

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 07 Feb 2014, 5:24 pm

Noted:  Inform Sin é that ME thinks being Irish is overrated.

Looking forward to the Google Search findings on that one ME.  You is gonna be inundated with Terabytes of material proving you absolutely and clinically wrong.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri 07 Feb 2014, 5:28 pm

It is if your in the PRC....its called the 31 county problem.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 07 Feb 2014, 5:39 pm

em..... I'll wait for Sin é to explain that to me. The PRC?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri 07 Feb 2014, 5:44 pm

SecretFly wrote:em..... I'll wait for Sin é to explain that to me.  The PRC?

http://fintysworld.typepad.com/.shared/image.html?/photos/uncategorized/2008/07/06/god_created_corkman_4.jpg

You do lead a sheltered life SF...

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 07 Feb 2014, 5:48 pm

ME-109 wrote:

You do lead a sheltered life SF...

Thank God. I tried living in a field with a herd of cattle ...but a roof - there's just something about a roof that............... well, it's a better class of living Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 07 Feb 2014, 5:52 pm

ME-109 wrote:
SecretFly wrote:em..... I'll wait for Sin é to explain that to me.  The PRC?

http://fintysworld.typepad.com/.shared/image.html?/photos/uncategorized/2008/07/06/god_created_corkman_4.jpg

I am a fool. QED. I'll take that one like a man. I suppose the confusion was that Cork is now offically an ocean.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Fri 07 Feb 2014, 5:54 pm

RugbyFan182 wrote:Sorry lads but I'm on a roll..gonna be a serious hammering what do you think?

I have never seen Wales "destroy" Ireland in my life time. to be honest you have to go right back to 1977 and those years to see scores where Ireland were wiped off the park by Wales. Wales have won 3 of the last 4 against Ireland. but only 7 of the last 22 games! With Ireland dishing out some real beatings along the way.

If Wales win they normally only win by 2-4 points. In truth I don't think there is anything between Wales and Ireland, it's a 50/50 game and to be honest I expect everyone to be talking about the referees decisions afterwards because 1 penalty will be the difference between the teams. Ireland are a good team.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Fri 07 Feb 2014, 8:05 pm

Wales will not batter Ireland tomorrow but I have a feeling Ireland beat wales.

DeludedOptimistorjustDave

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 07 Feb 2014, 8:57 pm

Are ye lot actually Irish fans or just having a giraffe? Sheesh.

Ireland by 20.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Fri 07 Feb 2014, 11:26 pm

gonna be ugly. 2-3 yellows and possibly a red card. MP definitely gets one after Connor Murray calls him a snail with a drink problem.

Ireland by 15-20.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat 08 Feb 2014, 4:19 pm

Well...you got the words Ireland and destroyed in the OP right...

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat 08 Feb 2014, 4:51 pm

Won by 23. I feel bad now...
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 08 Feb 2014, 4:53 pm

I am assuming Rugbyfan was practicing reverse psychology on this thread.  Whistle 
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by brennomac Sat 08 Feb 2014, 5:29 pm

quinsforever wrote:gonna be ugly. 2-3 yellows and possibly a red card. MP definitely gets one after Connor Murray calls him a snail with a drink problem.

Ireland by 15-20.

Quins can I have your betting tips a brlliant
Forecast of Philips contribution to game

brennomac

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 08 Feb 2014, 6:27 pm

Gibson wrote:Won by 23. I feel bad now...

Laugh guinness 
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Sat 08 Feb 2014, 7:08 pm

gibbo i always believed. enjoy your evening.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat 08 Feb 2014, 7:27 pm

Me too buddy. I have full faith in Schmidt. This squad will only get better as he gets them all in line. Really impressed with Plumtree. Hes making our pack a real weapon and our set pieces are gelling.

Big one v England in 2 weeks time... Cant wait.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins_again Sat 08 Feb 2014, 7:38 pm

DeludedOptimistorjustDave wrote:Wales will not batter Ireland tomorrow but I have a feeling Ireland beat wales.

Destroyed is a more accurate way of describing it.  Very Happy 

nottins_again

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 08 Feb 2014, 8:30 pm

RugbyFan182 wrote:I'm afraid.  I'm irish and I have a funny feeling.   Ireland are gonna get destroyed!!
Maybe
you
are
thinking
about
your
next
match
?

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Sat 08 Feb 2014, 9:03 pm

Gibson wrote:Me too buddy. I have full faith in Schmidt. This squad will only get better as he gets them all in line.  Really impressed with Plumtree. Hes making our pack a  real weapon and our set pieces are gelling.

gonna be great. wales are yesterdays story. i have been ridiculed here for suggesting they will get max 2 wins this 6N. I predicted france would win the 6N, but i thought england would beat them, then england lose to ireland, beat wales, and it be a 3 way tie with 4 wins between england, france and ireland.

it's still all to play for in the 6N. also for wales if sam warburton is to be believed. but that defeat by ireland, and their poor display against wales, have surely shown that gatball has no plan B.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 08 Feb 2014, 9:07 pm

When are the matches available on iPlayer? Hopefully I can spend the evening watching both matches.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sat 08 Feb 2014, 9:56 pm

doctor_grey wrote:
RugbyFan182 wrote:I'm afraid.  I'm irish and I have a funny feeling.   Ireland are gonna get destroyed!!
Maybe
you
are
thinking
about
your
next
match
?

The guy is now our new mascot. I hope he claims the exact thing about our next match Wink He's a good omen...

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by littlejohn Sat 08 Feb 2014, 11:08 pm

quinsforever wrote:
Gibson wrote:Me too buddy. I have full faith in Schmidt. This squad will only get better as he gets them all in line.  Really impressed with Plumtree. Hes making our pack a  real weapon and our set pieces are gelling.

gonna be great. wales are yesterdays story. i have been ridiculed here for suggesting they will get max 2 wins this 6N. I predicted france would win the 6N, but i thought england would beat them, then england lose to ireland, beat wales, and it be a 3 way tie with 4 wins between england, france and ireland.

it's still all to play for in the 6N. also for wales if sam warburton is to be believed. but that defeat by ireland, and their poor display against wales, have surely shown that gatball has no plan B.

My money is still on france to win 6n and maybe an unlikely slam. Only team in their way now realistically is ireland and thats in paris. I cant call england ireland but home advantage might be the difference.

littlejohn

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 08 Feb 2014, 11:17 pm

I would of thought before the game that if any team was going to destroy Ireland it would be Wales. But Ireland are now 2 from 2, so could go all the way.

Lets way and see shall we?

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sat 08 Feb 2014, 11:20 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:I would of thought before the game that if any team was going to destroy Ireland it would be Wales. But Ireland are now 2 from 2, so could go all the way.

let's very much wait and see. The coach isn't crying GS in the bag, the players certainly won't be...and most of the wiser Irish fans (that's the majority of us, coz we is wise Wink ) certainly won't be claiming we're on for anything. One game at a time. We have two big away ones yet. Life ain't gonna be easy.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 08 Feb 2014, 11:26 pm

Good jinx OP....

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sun 09 Feb 2014, 12:44 am

SecretFly wrote:
majesticimperialman wrote:I would of thought before the game that if any team was going to destroy Ireland it would be Wales. But Ireland are now 2 from 2, so could go all the way.

let's very much wait and see.  The coach isn't crying GS in the bag, the players certainly won't be...and most of the wiser Irish fans (that's the majority of us, coz we is wise Wink) certainly won't be claiming we're on for anything.  One game at a time.  We have two big away ones yet.  Life ain't gonna be easy.

Ireland sure showing why they should have knocked the AB's off. Very impressive. The Kearney battles with 1/2p on the high kicks were great, 1/2p succumbing towards the end. Top pack effort and momentum sure is with this side. Looking forward to the next.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sun 09 Feb 2014, 7:29 am

SecretFly wrote:
doctor_grey wrote:
Maybe
you
are
thinking
about
your
next
match
?

The guy is now our new mascot.  I hope he claims the exact thing about our next match Wink He's a good omen...
Funny.
Methinks it's only in Rugby can we adopt a mascot who predicts our doom because of his/her total failure. We are a backwards lot. no?

Can't wait for twoo weeks, should be fun.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Feb 2014, 7:52 am

Stoked for Ireland, there's something bubbling away by the looks.  After the heartbreak of the last ABs game and the grace of the fans on here afterwards, I think I'm going to adopt Ireland as my 6N team, even though they'll lose every game from now on in Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 09 Feb 2014, 11:29 am

ebop wrote:Stoked for Ireland, there's something bubbling away by the looks.  After the heartbreak of the last ABs game and the grace of the fans on here afterwards, I think I'm going to adopt Ireland as my 6N team, even though they'll lose every game from now on in Wink

I think I'd bet my house on us winning at least one more game...................... em, which one it is is the interesting point....maybe Italy! Wink

Anyway... at the beginning of this I said that given where we're coming from (way down the pecking order in Europe, at one time down to ninth in the world - a depth never achieved before since the rankings began!) I think 6N 3rd would be a very good run for Schmidt and his new boys.  He'll take time to get the players he is unfamiliar with totally familiar with his patterns, so the games away against England and France in particular will be uphill climbs.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2