The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm afraid I'm irish and I have a funny feeling Ireland are gonna get destroyed!!

+28
Gibson
DeludedOptimistorjustDave
Shifty
Notch
doctor_grey
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
GunsGerms
ChequeredJersey
Impossible Standards
rodders
overlordofthewest
Cyril
kiakahaaotearoa
munkian
Mickado
littlejohn
Breadvan
Biltong
majesticimperialman
Knowsit17
Scratch
GloriousEmpire
SecretFly
Jhamer25
asoreleftshoulder
quinsforever
ME-109
RugbyFan182
32 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I'm afraid I'm irish and I have a funny feeling Ireland are gonna get destroyed!! Empty I'm afraid I'm irish and I have a funny feeling Ireland are gonna get destroyed!!

Post by RugbyFan182 Thu 6 Feb - 23:49

Sorry lads but I'm on a roll..gonna be a serious hammering what do you think?

RugbyFan182

Back to top Go down

I'm afraid I'm irish and I have a funny feeling Ireland are gonna get destroyed!! Empty Re: I'm afraid I'm irish and I have a funny feeling Ireland are gonna get destroyed!!

Post by ME-109 Thu 6 Feb - 23:51

Getting beaten is distinctly possible....getting destroyed would be a surprise and improbable given the closeness of results between both sides over the last few years....

ME-109

Back to top Go down

I'm afraid I'm irish and I have a funny feeling Ireland are gonna get destroyed!! Empty Re: I'm afraid I'm irish and I have a funny feeling Ireland are gonna get destroyed!!

Post by quinsforever Thu 6 Feb - 23:52

nope. ireland are going to inflict some serious pain. Sexton is the only thing that matters. the worlds best general vs none at all.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan182 Thu 6 Feb - 23:53

May I mention I'm going to the game....I called it with Australia !!

RugbyFan182

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Thu 6 Feb - 23:53

Yep we're gonna hand out a serious hammering alright,it might be close if the weather is bad but we'll still have enough.  Yahoo 

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 6 Feb - 23:57

quinsforever wrote:nope. ireland are going to inflict some serious pain. Sexton is the only thing that matters. the worlds best general vs none at all.

The NH's best general, surely?
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan182 Thu 6 Feb - 23:58

Very optimistic I know but put your money on Wales,,,

RugbyFan182

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan182 Fri 7 Feb - 0:00

I believe sexton has talent but bot bottle...

RugbyFan182

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan182 Fri 7 Feb - 0:00

Not bottle

RugbyFan182

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Fri 7 Feb - 0:01

ChequeredJersey wrote:
quinsforever wrote:nope. ireland are going to inflict some serious pain. Sexton is the only thing that matters. the worlds best general vs none at all.

The NH's best general, surely?
just my opinion. but definitely he's the worlds best. and getting better. cruden's tactical game has not had to develop as he alsways has so much go forward ball.

wouldnt suprise me if sexton leads Racing to the top14 championship next year. thats how good i think he is.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 7 Feb - 0:02

I respectfully disagree, but then where would we be if we all agreed?
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan182 Fri 7 Feb - 0:03

Really great from an English Man...I appreciate that.. But hard look story on Sunday I feel

RugbyFan182

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Fri 7 Feb - 0:03

Hug 

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Fri 7 Feb - 0:03

Hug for CJ too

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Jhamer25 Fri 7 Feb - 0:05

I don't think it will be a hammering but i have confidence in my team. Both teams have the players to perform and win the game.
We have a bot more experience but that isn't always the case. The English though they were going to have a comfortable win last year and looked what happened.
We are a dangerous team but consistency is one thing we need a bit more of. It will be a good game put it that way

Jhamer25

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan182 Fri 7 Feb - 0:05

Irish rugby is strong but not as good as it could be... Provinces dominate but international form could be better

RugbyFan182

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 7 Feb - 0:09

I'm afraid I'm irish and I have a funny feeling Ireland are gonna get destroyed!!

You're a coward, sir! A coward, you hear me! Now pick yourself up, dust yourself down, stop snivelling, get your Irish shirt ironed pronto! (low setting so as not to melt the plastic)...and say ten Our Fathers and Three Hail Marys!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 7 Feb - 0:09

BTW...you may be right......................................................

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Fri 7 Feb - 0:10

I think it'll be a game of two halves.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 7 Feb - 0:11

Always guaranteed when Ireland play.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan182 Fri 7 Feb - 0:12

True... Ha

RugbyFan182

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri 7 Feb - 0:15

We should lull Wales into a false sense of security by going 20+ points down by halftime. That'll confuse them, then we strike in the second half...simples

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 7 Feb - 0:16

Not so funny. Might actually be the plan. We've had stranger.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 7 Feb - 0:25

This was our plan. Throw the game against the French. Scrape through against Scotland. Just edge out Ireland. Then destroy Wales 101-0 . The 30-3 loss was part of the plan last year too, all part of a devious scheme to shatter the Welsh XV's psyche and give us an unassailable advantage come the RWC
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 7 Feb - 0:27

I knew Lancaster was a cute devil...didn't I tell you lot after the French game to have confidence. I didn't know the full plan but I suspected it after seeing that game against Wales last year.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Fri 7 Feb - 0:32

Surely throwing all games against Wales prior to the RWC pool is lancaster's plan?

Luckily, Wales have exactly the opposite plan, or so it seems, usually...

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 7 Feb - 0:33

Yeah why else would he put Wood at 8? Or take off Danny? Or have Goode in the squad? Or take May off after a booboo?
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 7 Feb - 0:35

GloriousEmpire wrote:Surely throwing all games against Wales prior to the RWC pool is lancaster's plan?

Luckily, Wales have exactly the opposite plan, or so it seems, usually...

Maybe that's it. But then we should have done a Wales and thrown all our games against Australia too. Obviously we tried to, and hence made clear infringements in the run up to our tries hoping they'd be disallowed but without alerting the public to the plot, but the incompetent referees missed them and gave the tries!
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Fri 7 Feb - 2:11

That's as ridiculous as saying Halfpenny is he world's best fullback

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Fri 7 Feb - 3:17

Ireland are looking at a record margin, expectations are on them to demolish the rickety frame that is the Welsh setup. Even the coaches don't believe a win in Dublin possible, the motivator Shaun Edwards has declared Ireland favourites in his infinite wisdom. Odds are on you lads Smile 

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Fri 7 Feb - 5:08

I thought Ireland played Wales this week Not Italy. Whistle 

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 7 Feb - 6:13

Ireland looked the most composed team last weekend, I expect this to be a great match.

Go the Irish!
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Fri 7 Feb - 8:02

SecretFly wrote:I'm afraid I'm irish and I have a funny feeling Ireland are gonna get destroyed!!

You're a coward, sir!  A coward, you hear me!  Now pick yourself up, dust yourself down, stop snivelling, get your Irish shirt ironed pronto! (low setting so as not to melt the plastic)...and say ten Our Fathers and Three Hail Marys!

clap 
Always iron patterned clothes inside out. Basic ironing week one day one.
Guinness instead of brains SA this wkend...
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by littlejohn Fri 7 Feb - 8:12

My prediction: Wales leading by 5 at 79mins. Great turnover by POM with Wales struggling to hold on to the ball. Ireland in their own 22 start with a couple of pick and drives led by jack mcgrath and touhy (both on after 60-65 mins). That sucks in the welsh back row and now sexton moves the ball wide. 4 more phases and ireland are in wales half. Sexton gets the ball and thinks about punting it cross field but dummies and breaks through. Great offload to Henry who is dragged down by Roberts. Henry scrapes an offload to BOD who scores right in the corner. Massive kick for Sexton now. Atypically the weathrr opens up and we all feel the sharp wind and driving rain. Pressure increases several notches for sexton but cool as a cucumber he strikes the ball beautifully and wins the game.

Cue mayham and wild drunken celebrations, including BOD and gats shaking hands in mutual respect, with BOD saying 'count me in for the 2017 tour!'

BELIEVE!!!

Last edited by littlejohn on Fri 7 Feb - 8:43; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : removed statement on roof opening as forgot it was played in dublin!!)

littlejohn

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Fri 7 Feb - 8:38

littlejohn wrote:My prediction: Wales leading by 5 at 79mins. Great turnover by POM with Wales struggling to hold on to the ball. Ireland in their own 22 start with a couple of pick and drives led by jack mcgrath and touhy (both on after 60-65 mins). That sucks in the welsh back row and now sexton moves the ball wide. 4 more phases and ireland are in wales half. Sexton gets the ball and thinks about punting it cross field but dummies and breaks through. Great offload to Henry who is dragged down by Roberts. Henry scrapes an offload to BOD who scores right in the corner. Massive kick for Sexton now. Mysteriously the roof opens up and we all feel the sharp wind. Pressure increases severaly notches for sexton but cool as a cucumber he strikes the ball beautifully and wins the game.

Cue mayham and wild drunken celebrations, including BOD and gats shaking hands in mutual respect, with BOD saying 'count me in for the 2017 tour!'

BELIEVE!!!

That's wishful thinking littlejohn. Very wishful thinking. We all know Lansdowne doesn't have a roof.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Fri 7 Feb - 8:41

The 'dancing for God' lady on O'Connell street has passed away - its an omen !  Shocked 
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Fri 7 Feb - 9:03

I'm afraid Gatland and Schmidt are both New Zealanders and want the NZ coaching job. Nobody's going to get destroyed. It's all going to end in a frustrating stalemate. Both are saving their big games for NZ. All the rest is irrelevant in their eyes. You have been warned...

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Fri 7 Feb - 9:33

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:I'm afraid Gatland and Schmidt are both New Zealanders and want the NZ coaching job. Nobody's going to get destroyed. It's all going to end in a frustrating stalemate. Both are saving their big games for NZ. All the rest is irrelevant in their eyes. You have been warned...
I think Gatland actually wants the Australia job. He was really getting them to like him with Wales and then he spoiled it all with the Lions.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 7 Feb - 9:34

Knowsit17 wrote:Ireland are looking at a record margin, expectations are on them to demolish the rickety frame that is the Welsh setup.

Here don't you be playing the rickets card, have you seen the age of some of our players?
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by overlordofthewest Fri 7 Feb - 10:52

Can't see anyone getting destroyed in this game. I've gone for wales to win by 5, more because my heart overrules my head in rugby. Ireland should be favourites for this with home advantage and I can't see there being more than one score between them at the end.

Then again, I said that about wales v england last year.

overlordofthewest

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 7 Feb - 11:02

As long as Wayne Barnes remembers which side of his bread his butter is on there shouldn't be a problem.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Impossible Standards Fri 7 Feb - 11:33

Personally I think this will be Ireland's big game of the 6N. I predict a comfortable Irish win...  Sad 
Impossible Standards
Impossible Standards

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 7 Feb - 11:35

I've said Ireland by 3 on superbru. Ireland will also lose to France, but Wales will beat France. And we will beat Ireland and Wales and it'll come down to points again
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 7 Feb - 12:07

The Welsh players have been ordered to motivate themselves by chanting to themselves over and over "Ireland are favourites.  We're the underdog"

They're chanting obediently (because Gatland has radio microphones attached to their brains).... but not a blessed one of them believe it Wink

Wales favourites.  If the double Champs can't come to Ireland as favourites then there is something wrong with the world of reason.  The game is yours.  Take us down....

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Fri 7 Feb - 12:12

Hey, be nice, at 5 Euro a pint we're re-floating your economy  Wink 
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Fri 7 Feb - 12:19

Or drowning it...

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Fri 7 Feb - 12:21

No, that's all down to all the gay marriage...oh..wait..
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Fri 7 Feb - 12:23

I just got a ghostbuster image in my mind except the slime wasn't green.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 7 Feb - 13:05

As I posted elsewhere, Wales have never destroyed/hammered anyone. Ever. Apart from the odd 'minnows' game and laterly they're more likely to give us a run for our money.

So for me it's an Ireland win. I'm 70% confident in that. 30% chance of a very narrow Wales win by perhaps 1 or 2 points, IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Fri 7 Feb - 13:07

RugbyFan182 wrote:May I mention I'm going to the game....I called it with Australia !!

I have Ireland down for a 10 point loss. I am also going to the game.

I won four pizzas with Base Pizza for predicting the Scotland score to within a couple of points.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next