The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup round 6

+6
Rowley
ShahenshahG
Bull
Notch
superflyweight
Galted
10 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 20 Empty The Culture Cup round 6

Post by Rowley Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:10 am

First topic message reminder :

seanmichaels wrote:
Rowley wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
Rowley wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:I think I'll upset Jeff now and say that Blackberry Way is a better song than Waterloo Sunset.

Why would the fact you're a moron upset me?

As an aside though another Move song, Flowers in the Rain was the first song ever played on Radio One.

That could and should have been posted on me remarkably unpopular Music anecdotes thread....

Sean, if the thread had been called useless music trivia it almost certainly would have been. I have any number of such facts I could amaze you good people with.

Hit me.

Happily, the first Spice Girls Single not to go to Number 1 was Stop, it was kept off top spot by Run DMC vs Jason Nevins - It's Like That.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup round 6 - Page 20 Empty Re: The Culture Cup round 6

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:37 pm

Galted wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
Galted wrote:An inspirational story with which to begin the day:
I watched The Reader last week.  As I do after every film I watch I then had a look at the goofs section on IMDB and was astonished to find a goof that wasn't really a goof.  I wasted no time in filling out the online form to correct this and was beside myself with joy this morning when I saw that the offending goof had finally been removed.  I may mention this on Facebook as it's sure to go viral.

Am fairly sure the young lad got his goofs out in that film.  Of course, Winslett got her norks and fanny out so swings and roundabouts.

She wasn't exactly shy about her bush.  If she were thinner I may have considered getting a semi.

I haven't seen The Reader. Is her bush as magnificent as Julianne Moores?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:38 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Now now, Julius.  I know you're from a different era to the rest of us, but homophobia won't be tolerated on here.

We are not in Russia.

It's political correctness gone mud.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:39 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Galted wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
I watched The Reader last week.  As I do after every film I watch I then had a look at the goofs section on IMDB and was astonished to find a goof that wasn't really a goof.  I wasted no time in filling out the online form to correct this and was beside myself with joy this morning when I saw that the offending goof had finally been removed.  I may mention this on Facebook as it's sure to go viral.

Am fairly sure the young lad got his goofs out in that film.  Of course, Winslett got her norks and fanny out so swings and roundabouts.

She wasn't exactly shy about her bush.  If she were thinner I may have considered getting a semi.

I haven't seen The Reader.  Is her bush as magnificent as Julianne Moores?  

Julianne Moore's bush is not magnificent, it is ginger and obscene. Winslett's is infinitely more muffable.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:42 pm

Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

Julianne Moore's bush is not magnificent, it is ginger and obscene.  Winslett's is infinitely more muffable.

I meant magnificent as in fulsome, wide ranging and not confined by space and time. And ginger.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:44 pm

That's enough, lads. I will not have Winslett or Moore's fannies banded about willy, nilly.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:45 pm

superflyweight wrote:That's enough, lads.  I will not have Winslett or Moore's fannies banded about willy, nilly.  

Do you want to receive some swollen goods?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:47 pm

Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

Julianne Moore's bush is not magnificent, it is ginger and obscene.  Winslett's is infinitely more muffable.

I meant magnificent as in fulsome, wide ranging and not confined by space and time.  And ginger.

Winslett's got nowhere near the same screen-time as Moore's, I don't even think you saw it front on.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:49 pm

Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

I meant magnificent as in fulsome, wide ranging and not confined by space and time.  And ginger.

Winslett's got nowhere near the same screen-time as Moore's, I don't even think you saw it front on.  

Was she even holding an iron?  Or even any other household implement?  If she wasn't, I don't think I want to watch it.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:55 pm

superflyweight wrote:That's enough, lads.  I will not have Winslett or Moore's fannies banded about willy, nilly.  

Do you want to receive some swollen goods?

Get out.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:57 pm

Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

Was she even holding an iron?  Or even any other household implement?  If she wasn't, I don't think I want to watch it.

Not sure, was too busy thinking "Christ, I just saw Kate Winslett's fanny!" to pay much attention to what she was doing, though she could've have been getting dressed and I think she does some ironing in the film.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:11 pm

Minge discussion appears to have died out. Doesn't anyone have any other culture to discuss?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:17 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Minge discussion appears to have died out. Doesn't anyone have any other culture to discuss?

I would like to start a discussion on mantis shrimps following a programme I saw last night but I don't think I will. I get the feeling that people are bored of that sort of stuff. They are not arthropods but I have judged the mood of this thread and I don't see any desire for it.

Makes me feel a bit low but I will put aside my own feelings for the betterment of the thread.

Do you have a favourite minge, Julius?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:19 pm

It's hard to choose. I'll have to dig out an old college paper I wrote - "Famous minges I have known".

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:23 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Minge discussion appears to have died out. Doesn't anyone have any other culture to discuss?

Don't worry, I'm late but I'm in. Delayed by seeing the first bird come to the table I built. It was a Magpie but still counts.

Can I just clarify which film you get to see Moore's growler in? I seem to remember seeing a pasty ginger rug in Boogie Nights? Is this the offending/gratifying piece?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:24 pm

I would like to start a discussion on mantis shrimps following a programme I saw last night but I don't think I will.  I get the feeling that people are bored of that sort of stuff.  They are not arthropods but I have judged the mood of this thread and I don't see any desire for it.

Makes me feel a bit low but I will put aside my own feelings for the betterment of the thread.

Do you have a favourite minge, Julius?

I want to know about Mantis Shrimps Tino, though I abhor your reason for enjoying them - they might have the strongest punch in the world - you really shouldn't set one on your son

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:24 pm

I like the mantis shrimp, if it is the one that attacks with a sonoluminescient bubble...

If I was going to die as a marine animal i would like to be taken out by a light giving sound bubble

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:25 pm

I would like to start a discussion on mantis shrimps following a programme I saw last night but I don't think I will.  I get the feeling that people are bored of that sort of stuff.  They are not arthropods but I have judged the mood of this thread and I don't see any desire for it.

Sir!

I put it to you that:
a) they are arthropods (or, in michaelspeak, anthropods)
b) you're aware of this and slyly pretended not to be in order to spawn discussion and debate

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:25 pm

seanmichaels wrote:

Don't worry, I'm late but I'm in. Delayed by seeing the first bird come to the table I built. It was a Magpie but still counts.

Can I just clarify which film you get to see Moore's growler in? I seem to remember seeing a pasty ginger rug in Boogie Nights? Is this the offending/gratifying piece?

No, no, no, seany. Short Cuts is the film. It is good 3 or 4 minutes of gratuitous head on minge shots. She is doing the ironing as well.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:26 pm

seanmichaels wrote:

Short Cuts. It gets some serious growl time.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:26 pm

seanmichaels wrote:

No, no, no, seany.  Short Cuts is the film.  It is good 3 or 4 minutes of gratuitous head on minge shots.  She is doing the ironing as well.

I think it's more like 23 or 24 minutes.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:28 pm

Raise the tone lads. Tina is only going on and on about lady parts in the rather transparent hope we will welcome it when he makes his usual attempt to steer the conversation towards insects. Don't fall for it, or every underestimate how cunning he can be.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:29 pm

seanmichaels wrote:

No, no, no, seany.  Short Cuts is the film.  It is good 3 or 4 minutes of gratuitous head on minge shots.  She is doing the ironing as well.

Have to admit, I do like a woman who does the ironing.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:30 pm

Rowley wrote:Raise the tone lads. Tina is only going on and on about lady parts in the rather transparent hope we will welcome it when he makes his usual attempt to steer the conversation towards insects. Don't fall for it, or every underestimate how cunning he can be.

laughing 

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:30 pm

Rowley wrote:Raise the tone lads. Tina is only going on and on about lady parts in the rather transparent hope we will welcome it when he makes his usual attempt to steer the conversation towards insects. Don't fall for it, or every underestimate how cunning he can be.

Cunning windows. Sounds a bit like....

(Did that raise the tone enough for you Jeff?)

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:32 pm

Ok. I'll have to try and get it. Is it on Netflix?

I remember at uni freeze framing the minge shot in Devil's Advocate. Was that Ashley Judd?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:33 pm

Galted wrote:

Sir!

I put it to you that:
b) you're aware of this and slyly pretended not to be in order to spawn discussion and debate

Yeah, you've done me there. I took a flyer but apparently they are from the arthropod family. Who would've thought.

Anyway, they have club like structures on the end of their arms and they can extend them with the velocity of a bullet. F*cking brutal things. They basically take on crabs and lobsters twice their size and batter them into submission before eating them. (Yes, Shah, just like my eldest).

They are double hard, sea dwelling b*stards.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:35 pm

Galted wrote:

Sir!

I put it to you that:

Yeah, you've done me there.  I took a flyer but apparently they are from the arthropod family.  Who would've thought.

Anyway, they have club like structures on the end of their arms and they can extend them with the velocity of a bullet.  F*cking brutal things.  They basically take on crabs and lobsters twice their size and batter them into submission before eating them.  (Yes, Shah, just like my eldest).

Has anyone seen Kate Winslet's minge?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:36 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Has anyone seen Kate Winslet's minge?

You b*stard.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:36 pm

Galted wrote:

Sir!

I put it to you that:

Yeah, you've done me there.  I took a flyer but apparently they are from the arthropod family.  Who would've thought.

Anyway, they have club like structures on the end of their arms and they can extend them with the velocity of a bullet.  F*cking brutal things.  They basically take on crabs and lobsters twice their size and batter them into submission before eating them.  (Yes, Shah, just like my eldest).

Theres a national geographic clip on them thats pretty good,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpW9RIy7Gus

They might be able to make a film out of it. Tino, when theres extremely violent wildlife on the offing - Its not interesting to abuse you about your son.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:36 pm

Did they invent the internal combustion engine or online porn? No we did, ergo they are sh!t, we are brilliant.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:37 pm

rick_dagless wrote:sonoluminescient

Can I just rewind the thread a little and say 'congratulations' to rick.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:38 pm

Rowley wrote:

Did they invent the internal combustion engine or online porn? No we did, ergo they are sh!t, we are brilliant.

Pound for pound, one of those would smash your face in with ease.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:39 pm

So what, Dereck Chisora also would, does not stop him being a tedious bell end, similar applies here.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:41 pm

No. I googled it and only found sonoluminescience. Not entirely convinced sonoluminescient is a word, and we don't want to set any bad precedents. I was going to let it pass, but I draw the line at congratulating made-up words.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:48 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

No. I googled it and only found sonoluminescience. Not entirely convinced sonoluminescient is a word, and we don't want to set any bad precedents. I was going to let it pass, but I draw the line at congratulating made-up words.

Fair enough.

rick, I withdraw my congratulations and instead call you a 'naughty naughty boy'.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:50 pm

http://io9.com/5982701/ultrasound-makes-sonoluminescent-bubbles

I think it is a grey ground Julius rather than black and white, so we may agree to disagree on this one Smile

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:51 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Fair enough.

rick, I withdraw my congratulations and instead call you a 'naughty naughty boy'.

Brilliant. It changed t*sser to naughty naughty boy.

Jeff, you're a 'naughty naughty boy'.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:53 pm

also you can turn the noun into an adjective:

son·o·lu·mi·nes·cence [son-uh-loo-muh-nes-uhns] Show IPA
noun Physics.
the emission of a flash of light accompanying the bursting of a bubble in a liquid when sound waves are passed through the liquid.

Related forms
son·o·lu·mi·nes·cent, adjective

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:55 pm

rick_dagless wrote:also you can turn the noun into an adjective:

son·o·lu·mi·nes·cence [son-uh-loo-muh-nes-uhns]  Show IPA
noun Physics.
the emission of a flash of light accompanying the bursting of a bubble in a liquid when sound waves are passed through the liquid.

Related forms

F*cking hell, and people get bored of arthropod talk. This is soporific stuff.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:56 pm

rick_dagless wrote:also you can turn the noun into an adjective:

son·o·lu·mi·nes·cence [son-uh-loo-muh-nes-uhns]  Show IPA
noun Physics.

Related forms

laughing 

Julius is old fashioned, he's evoking the spirit of the blitz and will decry you for eternity

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:57 pm

Rowley wrote:

Pound for pound, one of those would smash your face in with ease.

But in reality you're more likely to encounter one smothered in Marie Rose sauce, served in a glass with a bit of iceberg lettuce.

-------

https://www.606v2.com/viewtopic.forum?t=51894

Last edited by seanmichaels on Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20