The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interesting rock'n'roll anecdotes

+6
WhiteCamry
ONETWOFOREVER
Mind the windows Tino.
superflyweight
Galted
seanmichaels
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Interesting rock'n'roll anecdotes - Page 3 Empty Interesting rock'n'roll anecdotes

Post by seanmichaels Wed 22 Jan 2014, 12:09 pm

First topic message reminder :

I was watching an interview with Johnny Marr last night and he told a story I hadn't heard before. Apparently before Oasis were anything, Marr and Noel G were acquaintances. Gallagher had a pretty awful guitar, all he could afford, so Marr lent him his Gibson sunburst guitar which he had bought from Pete Townsend! The guitar can be seen in the Live Forever video and was used to record some of the bigger track on DM. The guitar unfortunately copped it when a stage invading fan wore it on his head after Noel had been bottled. Marr being the generous sought, replaced the guitar with a black version from his collection (seen in later live performances and some of the live stuff on the SMS video).

Anymore rock'n'roll anecdotes?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Interesting rock'n'roll anecdotes - Page 3 Empty Re: Interesting rock'n'roll anecdotes

Post by Galted Tue 28 Jan 2014, 1:46 pm

seanmichaels wrote:As an aside, was Siobhan Fahey the 'fitty' who left Bananarama. She was a bit rough and scary in Shakespeares Sister but I probably would for a Mistress / Slave sort of scenario.....

Yep, I was in love with her in my teens. F***ing hated the Eurythmics when I discovered she'd married Dave Stewart. Interestingly, at leat 2 members of Bananarama are Facebookable.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Interesting rock'n'roll anecdotes - Page 3 Empty Re: Interesting rock'n'roll anecdotes

Post by Rowley Tue 28 Jan 2014, 1:51 pm

Galted wrote:  F***ing hated the Eurythmics when I discovered she'd married Dave Stewart.  .

As if you would need a reason to hate the Eurythmics.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 28 Jan 2014, 1:55 pm

Dave Stewart produced Stevie Nicks' recent CD 'In Your Dreams'.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 28 Jan 2014, 1:58 pm

Here's another interesting anecdote for your thread, michaels:

Dave Stewart produced Stevie Nicks's recent CD 'In Your Dreams'.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 28 Jan 2014, 2:01 pm

Equally interesting is that I am in Galted's dreams.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 28 Jan 2014, 2:01 pm

Late 70s punk outfit The Rotters had a song called Sit on My Face Stevie Nicks. Did not get a lot of airplay at the time.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 28 Jan 2014, 2:02 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Equally interesting is that I am in Galted's dreams.

Didn't actually see you, you were more of a ghostly, godlike presence - don't know what else was happening in the dream at the time. One thing's for sure though, you were 51. Might want to check your birth certificate.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 28 Jan 2014, 2:15 pm

Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Equally interesting is that I am in Galted's dreams.

Didn't actually see you, you were more of a ghostly, godlike presence.

That's very much how you'd see me in real life as well.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jan 2014, 2:46 pm

I was going to e-punch the living sh!t out Sean for his Bon Jovi cd comment then he redeemed himself vis-a-vis the sh@gability of Siobhan Fahey. I used to go out with a lass who looked a bit like her Shakespeares Sister days. She dyed her hair red (or tried to) it went badly wrong and for a while I was having sex with what looked like a giant candy floss

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 28 Jan 2014, 3:16 pm

DAVE667 wrote:I was going to e-punch the living sh!t out Sean for his Bon Jovi cd comment

so yuo hate Bon Jovi but Aerosmith are still cool right?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jan 2014, 3:25 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:I was going to e-punch the living sh!t out Sean for his Bon Jovi cd comment

so yuo hate Bon Jovi but Aerosmith are still cool right?
No, just couldn't be bothered typing Aerosmith but now you've made me go back and type it, I've reverted back to my original decision to e-punch the living sh!t out of you

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 03 Feb 2014, 1:10 pm

SOS by ABBA was the first top 20 hit where both the band and song title were palindromes.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3