The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eddie 'Fast' Chambers Joins The Fury's!

+3
hampo17
Diamond in the rough
owen10ozzy
7 posters

Go down

Eddie 'Fast' Chambers Joins The Fury's!  Empty Eddie 'Fast' Chambers Joins The Fury's!

Post by owen10ozzy Wed 15 Jan 2014, 12:53 am

Well I most certainly didn't see this one coming; Eddie Chambers has decided a switch in trainer is in order and has linked up with Team Fury. He will now be trained by Peter Fury and will link up with them here in Britain. The American was part of the sparring camp for Tyson in the build up to the Fury vs Haye clash and had only good words to say about the controversial British Heavyweight.

A former World title challenger it remains to be seen whether he can get back to challenging the upper echelons of the division; Peter has stated he wishes to see Chambers put on 24lbs ...a move which seems odd given Eddie has always relied on his speed, something which may go with the added bulk.

It also raises questions as to Tyson and what this all means for him. Given his difficulties in commitment to training in the past, one would assume that is key for him to have someone watching over him and keeping him motivated and in line at all times..with Peter now having an alternative fighter to train will Tyson and his training suffer?

One positive is that they will most definitely be getting some good sparring in the camp now with Hughie, Tyson, & Eddie under the same roof!

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Eddie 'Fast' Chambers Joins The Fury's!  Empty Re: Eddie 'Fast' Chambers Joins The Fury's!

Post by Diamond in the rough Wed 15 Jan 2014, 7:57 am

Did he not move down to cruiserweight? 24lbs does seem a lot but if he's moving up from cruiser to weighing 224lbs I hope he does it right and not the James Toney route! I'm sure he weighed between 210-215 at heavy so maybe 9lbs of his usual heavyweight weight isn't so bad! Still surprised he's came to uk as we have a quite a few heavyweights just now the money from fights must be better than us

Diamond in the rough

Back to top Go down

Eddie 'Fast' Chambers Joins The Fury's!  Empty Re: Eddie 'Fast' Chambers Joins The Fury's!

Post by hampo17 Wed 15 Jan 2014, 8:48 am

I spoke to Eddie last night as we are hoping to have him on the podcast soon, it looks like he'll be training in France which is where the Furys base themselves. It'll probably mean him fighting more in Europe however I can't really see him fighting many of the British guys so it'll probably be more Germany based.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 15 Jan 2014, 9:44 am

Seems strange, why? I can'to really put my finger on it.  Maybe it's because I saw Team Fury as a family affair.  I suppose it depends on how Chambers is accommodated and fits in. It might not be that straight forward.

Peter by the accounts I have read is a hard task master and likes his fighters to be active in the ring so that should be good for Chambers.  Chambers is a fighter that needs a shake up.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Wed 15 Jan 2014, 12:00 pm

I thought moving to cruiser was the best move he ever made. Guess it's either too much effort or not enough money.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Wed 15 Jan 2014, 2:23 pm

Fast Eddie, was always a small fat heavy. So the 24lbs (odd number) must be muscle, he's looking to put on. I thought he'd done just about as much as he could in heavy. Made it to credible no.1 contender status and got smashed. Not sure he can get any further, he just doesn't have the power shot to level the field.
I'm guessing he's in his 30s now, "fast" might be leaving him now too.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzi Wed 15 Jan 2014, 4:00 pm

Not sure why I'd be listening to daddy Fury when his own son turns up a fat blob for fights.

Izzi

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Wed 15 Jan 2014, 4:08 pm

Izzi wrote:Not sure why I'd be listening to daddy Fury when his own son turns up a fat blob for fights.

I'm not the biggest fan of Fury, but the guy has sorted himself out a hell of lot more in terms of discipline; he has come into the ring in much better shape in his last few outings and it is something which he himself has said he is more focused on now.

By all accounts Peter is very very strict when it comes to fitness regime; I think you also have to take into account that some people will just never be chiseled...Hughie works extremely hard in the gym yet doesn't have a 6 pack and bulging muscles!

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 15 Jan 2014, 4:09 pm

Some fighters are on steds either.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down