The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official *England to The Six Nations Title (and the Triple Crown)* Thread

+26
Pal Joey
kiakahaaotearoa
doctor_grey
gatlandgun
stub
thomh
gregortree
Steffan
No 7&1/2
Cyril
nobbled
yappysnap
beshocked
munkian
Breadvan
lostinwales
Nachos Jones
GunsGerms
Ozzy3213
The Saint
Biltong
aucklandlaurie
rainbow-warrior
GloriousEmpire
Scratch
Duty281
30 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The Official *England to The Six Nations Title (and the Triple Crown)* Thread - Page 3 Empty The Official *England to The Six Nations Title (and the Triple Crown)* Thread

Post by Duty281 Mon 13 Jan 2014, 7:51 pm

First topic message reminder :

England are building. Since the embarrassment of the 2011 Rugby World Cup, Stuart Lancaster has been moving England forward to a happier, brighter future.  A future with hope. A future where overall victory in 2015 isn't out of the question. A future that is English.

In the beginning of Lancaster's reign, in the 2011 Six Nations, an unexpected four out of five victories were netted for England. Scotland, Italy and France were all beaten away. Ireland were thumped at home after England scrummaging dominance. In the middle of all that though were the Welsh, and they scuppered any chances of unlikely glory with a narrow seven-point win.

Then England went off to South Africa in the summer. The young and inexperienced English lost two and drew one, but did take a modicum of credit for their performance in the difficult South African environment. Back at the home of rugby in the autumn, England thrashed a weak Fijian side. Agony then preceded ecstasy. Close defeats to Australia and South Africa were first, where England missed several chances to win both games, before the unbelievable high of beating the World Champions by 17 points followed. Finally, England showed what they could do.

Four wins to start 2013 followed. Scotland were dominated, Ireland were out-muscled, France were overpowered, and Italy were also beaten. Then there was Wales. Grand Slam Glory for 2013 was utterly destroyed by a rampant Wales team, fully intent on spoiling the English party. Wales had the honours, the bragging rights and the trophy. England had to pick herself up again. In the most humiliating defeat, may you find your greatest strength.

Fast-forward to the summer, and a youthful England side beat a very poor Argentine side twice. Then Lancaster could punch the air once more, as England defeated Australia by seven points at Twickers. Another victory over the Argies followed, before, once again, England took on the World Champions and emerged with great credit. This time it was gallant defeat, not heroic victory, but England had shown again what they were capable of.

Lancaster has called this a defining year in the lead-up to 2015. It's certainly a very defining Six Nations. A trip to Paris is first - France v England will always make the mouth water. Then away to Scotland - not too difficult surely, for England? Home to Ireland for the 3rd game - so long the bogey team for England, now the tables have turned with England's forward dominance. England may have to be a bit wary though - just remember what Ireland nearly did to New Zealand! 4th game, home to Wales - it will define everything, rest assured of that. Finishing off with Italy - let's hope England don't slip on the banana skin.

Today on the English landscape, there is an English rugby side filled with optimism. One that holds the required belief necessary for success. Is there superb depth for England, thus covering the injuries? Yes. Is it the best team in the Northern Hemisphere on paper? Yes.

Best go and prove it lads....Come on England!

Last edited by Duty281 on Sat 01 Feb 2014, 7:31 pm; edited 2 times in total

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

The Official *England to The Six Nations Title (and the Triple Crown)* Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official *England to The Six Nations Title (and the Triple Crown)* Thread

Post by Pal Joey Sat 01 Feb 2014, 7:18 pm

England have slipped under us again to 4th in the rankings... back to 85.70.

Australia return to the SH fold at the pointy end to No. 3 on 86.88

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

The Official *England to The Six Nations Title (and the Triple Crown)* Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official *England to The Six Nations Title (and the Triple Crown)* Thread

Post by Cyril Sat 01 Feb 2014, 7:20 pm

Linebreaker wrote:England have slipped under us again to 4th in the rankings... back to 85.70.

Australia return to the SH fold at the pointy end to No. 3 on 86.88
Australia were already 3rd and England 4th before this game.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 01 Feb 2014, 7:24 pm

Were they?

You can see I don't pay much attention to the rankings then. As Biltong will testify... I don't take much heed in them.

I'm getting a bit confused with the cricket ones too.  Smile

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Sat 01 Feb 2014, 7:25 pm

Yeah, they won't be updated from this weekend's games until next week (normally sometime on Monday on the IRB's site).

France will gain a bit on England but not enough to overtake them.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Sat 01 Feb 2014, 7:26 pm

NZ are top of the cricket rankings after beating India LB. Don't bother checking. You'll just get even more confused... by the truth.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Sat 01 Feb 2014, 7:27 pm

Someone needs to rename this thread as the official triple crown + six nations champions glory thread.

Quickly.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 01 Feb 2014, 7:29 pm

GloriousEmpire wrote:Someone needs to rename this thread as the official triple crown + six nations champions glory thread.

Quickly.

For once, I am in total agreement with you!

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat 01 Feb 2014, 9:53 pm

May need changing again next week.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Sat 01 Feb 2014, 9:58 pm

yeah, next week if things go badly we'll rename it the England Take it One Game At a Time thread...Sad

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Sat 01 Feb 2014, 10:04 pm

England avoids the wooden spoon glory thread?

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Sat 01 Feb 2014, 10:10 pm

or maybe England to use 6N as experimental, developmental opportunity Laugh  in buildup to RWC 2015

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 01 Feb 2014, 10:44 pm

Well I personally still think the title's on. Very open Championship.

England have 4 very winnable games ahead of them; the two hardest are with home advantage.

France have got to go to Wales. Wales have to go to Ireland. Ireland have to go to France. Wales and Ireland have to go to Twickers.

Out of France, Wales and England today, no team covered themselves in...glory. It's wide open!

Pass me that English drum, I shall bang the Great Escape!

19 games to the World Cup!*

And if England don't win it, I wouldn't mind France winning it.

*Please also note that the 2015 World Cup is also a learning curve for England - 2019 is the real thing. laughing

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Sat 01 Feb 2014, 11:02 pm

"England look to avoid losing three 6N's matches in a row".Fingers crossed?

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by protea438 Sun 02 Feb 2014, 8:21 am

Duty281 wrote:Well I personally still think the title's on. Very open Championship.

England have 4 very winnable games ahead of them; the two hardest are with home advantage.

France have got to go to Wales. Wales have to go to Ireland. Ireland have to go to France. Wales and Ireland have to go to Twickers.

Out of France, Wales and England today, no team covered themselves in...glory. It's wide open!

*Please also note that the 2015 World Cup is also a learning curve for England - 2019 is the real thing. laughing

2019 not for this team surely.

How long can a team be "rebuilding" and "still learning", surely there comes a time where one cant use those lines...

protea438

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 02 Feb 2014, 11:41 am

That was a joke. Wink

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Sun 02 Feb 2014, 6:07 pm

protea438 wrote:
Duty281 wrote:Well I personally still think the title's on. Very open Championship.

2019 not for this team surely.

How long can a team be "rebuilding" and "still learning", surely there comes a time where one cant use those lines...

Yeah. 12 years and counting.

Does the clock get reset every time a new coach is appointed?

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3