The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael Schumacher suffers serious head injury

+14
kingraf
Every Time Ref
McLaren
FootballLight
CaledonianCraig
sikhlion
dyrewolfe
monty junior
bogbrush
Duty281
Dave.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Bull
Fernando
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Michael Schumacher suffers serious head injury - Page 2 Empty Michael Schumacher suffers serious head injury

Post by Fernando Sun 29 Dec 2013, 12:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

Michael Schumacher has been taken to hospital after suffering a serious head injury while skiing.
The seven time Formula 1 world champion was on holiday at a luxury resort in Meribel, France, when the accident happened this morning.
The 44-year-old retired for a second time in October 2012, two years after having returned to competition

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Michael Schumacher suffers serious head injury - Page 2 Empty Re: Michael Schumacher suffers serious head injury

Post by Guest Sat 14 Jun 2014, 2:05 pm

Sadly, it looks bleak & he's almost certainly in a vegetative state in my opinion for the rest of his life.

Back to top Go down

Michael Schumacher suffers serious head injury - Page 2 Empty Re: Michael Schumacher suffers serious head injury

Post by CaledonianCraig Sat 14 Jun 2014, 2:13 pm

John wrote:Sadly, it looks bleak & he's almost certainly in a vegetative state in my opinion for the rest of his life.

Sadly, it looks that way hence no updates on his condition. I am sure any slight improvement would have been reported by now but nothing.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 16 Jun 2014, 11:07 am

Out of the coma and discharged according to the beeb.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Jun 2014, 11:13 am

Yeah, but its not like he`s now discharged now, walking around & going down the shops, that we all would want to hear. You expect he's moved to that $10m rehabilitation building his wife had set up or something like that, to see out his days.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Mon 16 Jun 2014, 11:33 am

CaledonianCraig wrote:
John wrote:Michael Schumacher is out of intensive care & has been moved to a rehab unit.

But seemingly still no marked improvement. I am forced to agree with ex-F1 doctor Gary Hartstein who says in his medical opinion he cannot ever feel there will be any good news to report. Ex-F1 boss of Michael's Flavio Briatore is in agreement.

Sorry to appear to be callous but we have to be realistic here and he has been in a coma for six months  - he'd set a new record of he were to recover from that fully. According to German TV company RTL they report he is in a semi-awake vegetative state.

By all accounts the family are extremely private and have no desire to discuss; or invite the press into their lives.

Last week the Daily Fail were reporting that he was still in a coma and that he would never leave that hospital unless he died, they were wrong.

No marked improvement is based on speculation and medical 'opinion'. None of it is based on actual fact. Whilst i highly doubt he's up and about planning a return to F1, i'm hesitant to question his actual state based on how closed off his family actually are.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon 16 Jun 2014, 12:12 pm

Alistair the closedness of the family about all this and the secrecy says it all. If Michael was remotely cognitive or even capable of smiling or walking we would have heard about it. He is out of a coma is all that has been said and is moving to another medical establishment which is probably the one his wife has paid to be built which again says it is equipped to deal with Michael destined to live out his life in his present condition sadly. That he is alive is something but I wouldn't expect to ever see him in the public eye again.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 16 Jun 2014, 1:00 pm

Look, he obviously isn't going to be lining up for charity football match any time soon, and he likely isn't in great shakes, but I don't think there's any merit In listening to a doctor who isn't even remotely related to the case.

kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Jun 2014, 1:13 pm

I think he knew Germany were playing tonight, discharged himself & wanted to watch it at home on his wide screen.

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Mon 16 Jun 2014, 1:19 pm

There's plenty of merit in it. Hartsein not just wildly guessing. He's using (what little) infomation there is on the case along with his vast experince in anaesthesiology to make an informed opinion of the situation.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon 16 Jun 2014, 1:55 pm

liverbnz wrote:There's plenty of merit in it. Hartsein not just wildly guessing. He's using (what little) infomation there is on the case along with his vast experince in anaesthesiology to make an informed opinion of the situation.

Exactly. Hartstein is not a chiropodist or something. He is well-versed in head trauma injuries and is merely pointing out statistical facts that such a long time in coma as Michael was never lends itself to any marked recovery.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Mon 16 Jun 2014, 2:20 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:
liverbnz wrote:There's plenty of merit in it. Hartsein not just wildly guessing. He's using (what little) infomation there is on the case along with his vast experince in anaesthesiology to make an informed opinion of the situation.

Exactly. Hartstein is not a chiropodist or something. He is well-versed in head trauma injuries and is merely pointing out statistical facts that such a long time in coma as Michael was never lends itself to any marked recovery.

I'm not disputing his expertise. My point is simply that he has no other insight to the case other than speculation.

Schumacher was always like this in private, i can't imagine he would want to return to public limelight until he looked; or could look anything like himself.

For all we know, he could've dedicated his body to medical science and they are constructing a half man, half racing car!

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon 16 Jun 2014, 2:32 pm

Insight is not needed though. We have the pure facts in front of us in that Michael was in a coma for at least three months. Any medical journals will tell you what that means if they come out of a coma after that length of time. Google the facts and they are there for all to see.

Another little hint is that in the press release it is Michael's family that would like to express their gratitude for the support shown but nothing about Michael himself.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy824 (new) Mon 16 Jun 2014, 7:50 pm

I read in the reports that it was said he was communicating with his wife and child. Obviously while communication could mean an array of things, the fact he is out of the coma and has been discharged is superb considering how long he has been in a coma for.
all I can say is I wish he a swift and full recovery, an absolute legend of the sport

welshy824 (new)

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon 16 Jun 2014, 9:20 pm

Well Sky and BBC reports say his condition is unclear so they never said he was communicating with his wife. As I said before the clue is in the press release where it is clearly said that Michael's family wanted to thank everyone for their support. Don't you think that odd that it isn't Michael also thanking everyone unless he is in no condition to thank anyone?

IF he makes a swift and full recovery welshy after three months in a coma then it will be a more miraculous feat than he ever achieved in F1 cars.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon 16 Jun 2014, 10:25 pm

The report just now on the BBC had a neuro-surgeon on offering hope of a recovery of sorts where parts of the brain can be recircuited as such but takes much training. Lets hope so but I won't hold my breath.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sat 21 Jun 2014, 2:15 pm

There's nothing to be inferred from the flow of information. The Schumacher family are not media whores, flocking to tell all or tweeting banality.
He may be screwed, he may have a chance, but whichever the case we won't know from whether they are sat in front of a camera.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 23 Jun 2014, 7:37 pm

"@Jamesallenonf1: Medical files on Michael Schumacher have been stolen and offered for sale to media. Schu's management will press for criminal charges."

Some people really are just scum...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon 23 Jun 2014, 10:09 pm

bogbrush wrote:There's nothing to be inferred from the flow of information. The Schumacher family are not media whores, flocking to tell all or tweeting banality.
He may be screwed, he may have a chance, but whichever the case we won't know from whether they are sat in front of a camera.

No that is correct but do you not think all his fans (some I believe have kept a hospital vigil) and others who have supported him all of his career deserve to be kept informed of their idol's health?
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Thu 26 Jun 2014, 5:07 pm

The scum that stole Schumacher's medical records adds further fuel to the ex-F1 driver's condition in my eyes. Schumi's manager was quick to step in to say they MAY be his records but surely they know for sure. It leads me to think if those records are leaked and show what people fear that his condition is very poor then they can move to deny those are his records.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Tue 29 Jul 2014, 8:01 pm

I see Mrs Schumacher has sold his £50 million jet which Michael liked to jet around the world in. Another clue to his condition? Latest reports claim he is communicating with his wife by blinking.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Thu 07 Aug 2014, 9:30 am

CaledonianCraig wrote:
bogbrush wrote:There's nothing to be inferred from the flow of information. The Schumacher family are not media whores, flocking to tell all or tweeting banality.

No that is correct but do you not think all his fans (some I believe have kept a hospital vigil) and others who have supported him all of his career deserve to be kept informed of their idol's health?
No, not really. It's an entirely personal matter for the family. What other people do is their choice but it can't oblige the family to disclose personal information - the family didn't request the vigils.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 07 Aug 2014, 3:50 pm

Not sure. His family have probably benefitted hugely from royalty / merchandising payments generated by his fans.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Nov 2014, 10:02 am

Paralysed & cannot speak is the latest update. Shame.

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Thu 20 Nov 2014, 10:24 am

John wrote:Paralysed & cannot speak is the latest update. Shame.

I haven't seen that update John. Do you have a link?
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Nov 2014, 10:33 am

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/formula-1-michael-schumacher-paralysed-speak-says-friend-065230148--f1.html

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Thu 20 Nov 2014, 10:40 am

John wrote:https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/formula-1-michael-schumacher-paralysed-speak-says-friend-065230148--f1.html

Thanks John. At this stage it isn't a surprise. As I referred to earlier in this thread I saw a BBC new item that offers hope for him. It told of a British mountaineer who fell in the Alps and suffered severe head injuries exactly like Schumacher and he was in a coma for a similar length of time. The mountaineer was in the Breakfast Time studio and was speaking of a recovery where he spoke about how neuro-surgeons effectively re-circuited his brain and now he can walk and converse and lead a relatively normal life. This recovery took a few years so lets wait and see as the same could happen to Michael especially when you consider the family have the money to pay for the very best treatment.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Thu 20 Nov 2014, 3:31 pm

So, basically there is little chance of any significant improvement in the short term and from the sounds of it, he will need further brain surgery to "re-wire" it, if he is to walk and talk again.

Guess we'll just have to keep everything crossed for him and his family.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Thu 20 Nov 2014, 4:07 pm

Well that was what happened with the mountaineer in a BBC Breakfast Time article a few months ago. If he managed the recovery with near identical brain trauma injuries then surely with all the mmoney available to pay for the very best treatment then there is hope for Michael Schumacher - more than I originally gave him.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Tue 11 Aug 2015, 2:57 pm

Always good to log in and remember where you've posted...

Not sure if anyone has read, but this is a brilliant article on Schumacher's wife.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/596316/Michael-Schumacher-Corinna-Formula-One-F1-wedding-anniversary

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Feb 2016, 6:58 pm

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/35496878

Luca Di Montezemelo has stated that Michael Schumacher's condition is 'not good'. Don't know if that's stating the obvious or that his condition has actually deteriorated. Can only imagine an announcement, at some point, announcing his sad passing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 04 Feb 2016, 7:37 pm

It's been too long now to recover, I suspect by "Not good" he's back into a full on coma.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Wed 10 Feb 2016, 12:34 pm

I think if there was any chance of him making any kind of recovery, he'd be in hospital, being prepped for surgery, rather than cared for at home.

Desperately sad news, as it looked for a while as though there was hope for him.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2