The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cipriani

+5
doctor_grey
ChequeredJersey
bedfordwelsh
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
george doors
9 posters

Go down

Cipriani Empty Cipriani

Post by george doors Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:03 am

Fly-half Danny Cipriani is playing well enough to earn an England recall, says Sale's director of rugby Steve Diamond.

Oh no he's not!

george doors

Back to top Go down

Cipriani Empty Re: Cipriani

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:15 am

Oh yes he is. Hes not behind you kicking straight into the arms of oncoming defenders to give away soft tries.

Lancaster watched him last weekend. All the signs are he will be back in the squad this autumn, especially with Burns dropped for a center and Flood confirmed as no longer committed to international rugby.

Whether he makes a matchday side is another question.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by george doors Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:21 am

Oh yes he is. Hes not behind you kicking straight into the arms of oncoming defenders to give away soft tries.

Oh no he's not!

george doors

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:24 am

If he's producing the goods at Club level then thats all you can ask of the guy, if he is there surely he deserves another look at.

I think he's still a bit of a maverick and like other who I could mention he seems to be one of those players that is either brilliant or terrible.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:13 pm

Coincidentally Farrell's chargedown try was soft as soft can be, but his general play from what I've seen and heard was excellent
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:58 pm

Regardless of how well Cipriani is playing, I believe he needs to show this for the whole season before being given the keys to the castle. Only 10 Premiership games into the season is too small a sample size to be assured he has fixed his attitude, health and overall play. If he maintains or improves his level of play with no antics, then I see no reason why he should not be considered for England honours next season.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:50 pm

If he plays well for the rest of the season i can see him being in the eps.

we're a bit light on form 10's at the moment.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:46 pm

He's a 10 who will challenge the defence and gain line. Cipriani, Twelvetrees/Eastmond and Tuilagi could be the answer to the stodge England are currently delivering in midfield.

I bet Ashton would appreciate Cipriani's vision as well. He scored most of his England tries with another 10 (Flood) who challenged the oppo defence.

Time to take a gamble Mr. Lancaster?

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by sirtidychris Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:12 am

Would like to see Cips play in this years Six Nations, not starting but getting 20 minutes off the bench against Scotland and Italy to see if he is up to international speed and his defensive and clearance kicking frailties have improved, Ford has been good this year for Bath (with erratic goal kicking) but Cips has that star quality that can make the world stand up and watch. Cips is a troubled personality but I can see he has made a big effort this year working with Steve Black to improve his view on the world, and lo and behold his rugby has improved. Cips has so many question marks however, would we want him on the pitch in a semi final with 10 minutes to go and the game drawed ?; will he tackle 19 stone forwards all day ?.....like hound says a gamble, but worth taking IMO.

sirtidychris

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:52 am

Blacky is a legend up here...ex doorman who was a big part of Johnnys background. Both in physical training methods and physcological means he knows his stuff.

ive actually trained in some of his classes when he was just starting out...he tested us on his unorthadox training ways many years ago at the old YMCA in North Shields (still my gym to this day)

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down