The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The v2 Wrestling Podcast week commencing 16th December

+3
talkingpoint
VDT
crippledtart
7 posters

Go down

The v2 Wrestling Podcast week commencing 16th December Empty The v2 Wrestling Podcast week commencing 16th December

Post by crippledtart Mon 16 Dec 2013, 10:16 pm

Tonight, Adam and Gavin discuss TNA releases. Which ones are genuine and which are an attempt to work the internet crowd?

Meanwhile the AJ Styles storyline is compared to WWE's CM Punk angle.

Listen at http://v2wrestling.podomatic.com/entry/2013-12-16T14_13_29-08_00

Join us tomorrow for a very special interview with ex-WWE star Snitsky!

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

The v2 Wrestling Podcast week commencing 16th December Empty Re: The v2 Wrestling Podcast week commencing 16th December

Post by VDT Tue 17 Dec 2013, 1:32 pm

Gav, are you gonna ask Snitsky if he thinks Ryback should copy his bad teeth gimmick?
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

The v2 Wrestling Podcast week commencing 16th December Empty Re: The v2 Wrestling Podcast week commencing 16th December

Post by crippledtart Tue 17 Dec 2013, 5:05 pm

You can find out at http://v2wrestling.podomatic.com/entry/2013-12-17T09_03_45-08_00

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Wed 18 Dec 2013, 10:05 pm

Tonight Chris and Gavin review the TLC pay-per-view, which saw Randy Orton crowned unified champion.

Particular attention is paid to the main event pitting Orton against John Cena, the current strength of the tag team division, and the 3-on-1 handicap matches featuring Daniel Bryan and CM Punk.

Listen at http://v2wrestling.podomatic.com/entry/2013-12-18T14_02_34-08_00

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Thu 19 Dec 2013, 4:28 am

I think with Hardy, he`s an artist who in recent years has explored his artistic side far more and TNA have given him space to explore his many side projects from music, to painting and sculpture. He views his wrestling as a physical art form, but I don`t think he is truly fulfilled as a wrestler. I know he wants to pursue his art more seriously in the future, expressing the desire to set up his own art gallery. I wouldn`t be surprised if Hardy took a hiatus for a few years to focus on his art work, or even retire completely. His high risk wrestling style as well, does not lend itself well to a prolonged career. Once Hardy reaches 40, he`ll have a much harder time sustaining his wrestling moveset and style that has made him so popular. I really don`t think Hardy will be like Hogan and Flair and still going into his 60s.

Concerning AJ, I think he`s already resigned for TNA (which is a great thing imo). I like the current storyline and think AJ is a guy TNA can base their company around, but who would also give Magnus a push/rub if Magnus became the first unified TNA champion and went over AJ. However, I think AJ does deserve one last strong and memorable title run before he passes on the proverbial torch to Magnus (if that is indeed who TNA are building up as their next big face champion).

As for Hogan, I believe he did legitimately leave TNA, but that doesn`t mean they won`t bring him back in the future. In her Sports Illustrated interview, Dixie did say that TNA`s mistake was to give Hogan too much screen time and that if he worked for the company again, they would use him more appropriately. I think Hogan does have a place in pro wrestling still, but more as an ambassador or spokesman rather than an onscreen figure. I can imagine him working for TNA hosting press conferences or flying around the world doing interviews with different TV stations as TNA continue to expand their global TV deals. You could even have him as a regular on the TNA podcast with JB and Christie, giving his views or interviewing wrestlers themselves. I don`t think Hogan`s ego would permit that though; he would still want to hog the spotlight, believe in his own legend and try and give midcarders the rub they need to become the next big thing and probably still hold to the delusional fantasy of having "one last match" in him at BFG.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by 6cw Hobo Thu 19 Dec 2013, 9:01 am

talkingpoint wrote:
As for Hogan, I believe he did legitimately leave TNA, but that doesn`t mean they won`t bring him back in the future. In her Sports Illustrated interview, Dixie did say that TNA`s mistake was to give Hogan too much screen time and that if he worked for the company again, they would use him more appropriately. I think Hogan does have a place in pro wrestling still, but more as an ambassador or spokesman rather than an onscreen figure. I can imagine him working for TNA hosting press conferences or flying around the world doing interviews with different TV stations as TNA continue to expand their global TV deals. You could even have him as a regular on the TNA podcast with JB and Christie, giving his views or interviewing wrestlers themselves. I don`t think Hogan`s ego would permit that though; he would still want to hog the spotlight, believe in his own legend and try and give midcarders the rub they need to become the next big thing and probably still hold to the delusional fantasy of having "one last match" in him at BFG.

I think this is pretty much spot on.

They let him go.

He couldnt get a WWE deal.

He is still playing the two off.

Will return as the "friends of AJ"

Will tease one more match.

I hope Dixie sticks to her guns. Hogan would be better than anyone else in wrestling as an ambassador. Thats not TNA tinted glasses, that is just a fact.

No-one (bar the Rock) could get on TV shows like Hogan still can.

6cw Hobo

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Thu 19 Dec 2013, 9:46 pm

Tonight, Gavin is joined by Richard to discuss the most likely person to end Randy Orton's title run if it isn't John Cena.

The main event potential of the individual Shield and Wyatt Family members is also addressed.

Tomorrow is our final daily podcast of 2013, but we will be back over the Christmas period with a couple of special episodes!

Listen to tonight's show at http://v2wrestling.podomatic.com/entry/2013-12-19T13_44_47-08_00

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by 6cw Hobo Fri 20 Dec 2013, 9:30 am

Any more interviews lined up?

Snitsky was class!

6cw Hobo

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Fri 20 Dec 2013, 9:36 am

I enjoyed Snitsky, took him a minutes to settle in!

Like it when Wrestler are themselves and feel comfortable enough to discuss their backstage antics
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Fri 20 Dec 2013, 11:43 pm

Tonight Gavin and Richard discuss Snitsky's nomination for Room 619: WWE's PG rating. We also offer up our own eras for nomination.

You can listen at http://v2wrestling.podomatic.com/entry/2013-12-20T15_40_55-08_00

This is our final daily podcast of 2013 but we'll be back with a couple of feature-length specials over the festive season!

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sun 22 Dec 2013, 3:01 am

I had written a longer repost as to my views on the 'Ruthless Aggression' era (it's name is gash for starters', but I accidentally deleted it so I'm going to do a quicker summing up

I agree it wasn't the greatest era ever in WWF/E and both of you made a few valid points on the podcast, Raw was generally awful save for a few saving graces, I disagree with Gavin in that I generally enjoyed whenever HHH and HBK got in the ring for example,

Smackdown from 2002-2005 I thought was largely excellent, the rise of Lesnar, the Smackdown 6, Angle being generally brilliant, career resurgences from 'Taker and Big Show, Stephanie McMahon being sexy, the rise of JBL, the rise of Cena, the crusierweights, and you know my views on the Guerrero vs Lesnar title feud

It probably won't go down in the annuls as classic WWF/E but I'm surprised that it's made it as far as Room 619, given the usually tough entrance criteria, especially compared to other period in wrestling such as the late 00's, which with Legacy and the endless Cena v Orton vs HHH matches, The Main Event Mafia (v1) and ROH's slump post-McGunniess in the Adam Pearce era, was IMO a far more soul destroying time to be a wrestling fan when compared to some of the exceptional wrestling we saw in the early years.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Sun 22 Dec 2013, 3:09 am

I think we were both in a generous mood, granted.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sun 22 Dec 2013, 3:13 am

Still really enjoyable podcasts again this week, I really want to come on Room 619, mainly just to nominate Jericho, I think it could be quite cathartic to stick the boot in to old rat eyes

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Sun 22 Dec 2013, 3:14 am

Ha, you should come on!

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 22 Dec 2013, 11:57 am

I'd definitely have waded in to vote with you. The Smackdown Six shall never be a redeeming factor of anything for me.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Sun 22 Dec 2013, 12:51 pm

This room 619 needs to be put to public vote. How could you put in 1999? Yes there are bad moments but also alot of good.

If this year goes in why not all? Cause there have been far more rubbish storylines than at this point

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down