The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible reason for Broner loss.

+19
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
J.Benson II
Strongback
catchweight
bellchees
Seanusarrilius
ShahenshahG
John Bloody Wayne
Knowsit17
sittingringside
Hammersmith harrier
tunes666
owen10ozzy
Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake
Mr Bounce
Boxtthis
hampo17
OasisBFC
ONETWOFOREVER
23 posters

Go down

Possible reason for Broner loss. Empty Possible reason for Broner loss.

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun 15 Dec 2013, 7:11 am

Like many I was satisfied with the result. Maidana, tragically poor as he is, did well with what abilities he has to clearly beat Adrian Broner.

Many,myself included, saw the fight going thus.....

Maidana taking the early rounds only for Broner to adjust and control him

that sort of happened but Broner could not adjust enough to run away with it. After the fight I went back to all access 24/7. Laughing at Broner's ill conceived trash talking, a few things was made apparent that might explain A LOT.

First off it seems Broner, based at a MILITARY camp may have over trained. Broner's camp and family alluded to as much saying, for example, that Broner was running a lot more then usual and sticking to a military style training camp. Also Broner's brother mentions that instead of the normal sparring routine that would occur twice a week Broner was in fact sparring everyday. Now the family and friends were saying this while bragging. Hmmmmmm It seems its not just Broner who has been found out here.

Posted a link to the episode..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUe3MIPcqNs

PS: I know its early

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Possible reason for Broner loss. Empty Re: Possible reason for Broner loss.

Post by OasisBFC Sun 15 Dec 2013, 8:36 am

do you not sleep??

he lost because he's a very average welterweight.
maidana has come on under garcia. broner skipped 140 to go for the pull of the more lucrative division.

these bigger fighters can take his shots. let's face it, who has he actually beat?? paulie was all over him in their fight and he's practically a gate keeper.

i love watching him and his stupid antics, but enjoyed seeming him eat humble pie, and by that i mean punches.

you can't claim to 'take over boxing once mayweather retires' and not back it up.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Sun 15 Dec 2013, 8:38 am

oh and didn't all access say he's trained at the MILITARY camp for his last few fights?
he was making excuses because his performance against paulie was awful.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun 15 Dec 2013, 9:13 am

He said his performance in the Paulie fight was poor because he didn't take him seriously, in this fight he can have no excuses. Maidana took the game plan away from him straight away, he got hurt numerous times.

I can't stand Broner, when Maidana nutted him he didn't need to go down like Ashley Young.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Sun 15 Dec 2013, 9:26 am

He lost because he's not a great WW. He stands in front of his opponents and is too easy to hit. This was ok when he outweighed everyone. But now that he's moved up, he's been found out. I'm glad, cause the guy is a total asshat.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sun 15 Dec 2013, 9:26 am

The only possible reason for the loss is that he's not as good as he thinks he is.

What a classless doughnut.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake Sun 15 Dec 2013, 10:33 am

He was a fat mess just a couple of months ago when he popped up in the mayweather Alvarez 24/7. If he kept himself in better shape between fights he wouldn't need such a brutal camp. Regardless, the bottom line is he's not as good as he thought he was, certainly not at WW.

Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Sun 15 Dec 2013, 12:07 pm

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Absolutely delighted at last night's result!! Boxing victories don't get much sweeter than that one! I stated this guy was over-rated on the podcast and that an upset was in the making (usually if I say that on the Podcast the exact opposite happens, so nice to see one come off). I described Broner as the US version of our very own James De Gale.. a lot of hyperbole over his supposed talent yet ultimately he just isn't World Class. It's funny because with both boxers, many pundits and fans alike seem so staunch in their view that they have this incredible talent & great natural abilities...they seem to completely overlook the pitfalls of the fighters, which they would seemingly spot in other boxers.

Broner's defence was shown up for what it was last night, very average. A few people on this board said, whilst he was fighting at the lower weights, that once he settled into a division where he couldn't just walk through people he would struggle. Aspects of that were shown even against Gavin Rees...then more so Paulie; hence the reason I gave Maidana every chance in this one!

This loss had nothing to do with over-training or any other feable reason, it purely happened because Adrian Broner is not the successor to the Mayweather throne; he is a decent fighter but with major flaws....his arrogance being one of them!

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sun 15 Dec 2013, 12:21 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Like many I was satisfied with the result. Maidana, tragically poor as he is,
*Scratches head*

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sun 15 Dec 2013, 12:27 pm

owen10ozzy wrote:Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Absolutely delighted at last night's result!! Boxing victories don't get much sweeter than that one! I stated this guy was over-rated on the podcast and that an upset was in the making (usually if I say that on the Podcast the exact opposite happens, so nice to see one come off). I described Broner as the US version of our very own James De Gale.. a lot of hyperbole over his supposed talent yet ultimately he just isn't World Class.
While I share your delight, and also agree he is not the new incarnation of mayweather he thinks he is, to say that a three weight world champ (in the time he has done it) is not world class, for me is just simply wrong.

He is not as good as he thinks he is, and has stepped up in weight too quickly and was exposed last night for sure. Although he is still a very good fighter as much as he is a world class idiot.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 15 Dec 2013, 12:31 pm

Who's he beaten for those three world titles?

Vacant title at 130lbs against Vicente Rodriguez, DeMarco and then Malignaggi, being a three weight world champion means nothing when at no point have you faced the best the divisions have to offer.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sun 15 Dec 2013, 12:51 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Who's he beaten for those three world titles?

Vacant title at 130lbs against Vicente Rodriguez, DeMarco and then Malignaggi, being a three weight world champion means nothing when at no point have you faced the best the divisions have to offer.

Two world champs and the next in line for the vacant one... im sure somewhere in there, in the time frame he has done it is a smidgen of a claim to be on a world level.

Then again Some people think Khan is not world class so there you go.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Sun 15 Dec 2013, 1:08 pm

Hammersmith has got there before me! Look at who he beat whilst coming through the ranks & collecting those belts. All 3 would fall under 'decent' level...not one of them is truly world class. Or depending on how you define your boxing categories you could say they were World Class (as they were 'World' Champions) but none of them were truly elite level fighters which is what Broner supposedly was!

He picked up a Super Featherweight title...but didn't go near Uchiyama or Vasquez..

Then picked up a WBC Lightweight title...but didn't go anywhere near Vazquez or Rios who were both the other champions at the time.

Completely missed out Light- Welterweight; a division with big punchers Matthysse & Garcia in it; as well as Khan at the time.

Instead went to Welterweight...where shock horror he decided to go the route of WBA where Malignaggi was Champion..noticeably ignoring Bradley, Alexander & Mayweather!

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sun 15 Dec 2013, 1:26 pm

I would agree his three weight champ CV is a bit flattering, but to say he is not world class is not correct IMO...

I also dont think its a crime to choose a fighter like Paulie when moving up two weights... should he have gone straight for Mayweather?

I dont like the guy my self, but he is a good fighter...

While I cant see my self supporting him in the future as I think he is an idiot, I still fancy him to stick about and make a few people eat their words.

That being said he seems more focused on rapping and eating cheese burgers going by how fat he gets in between fights.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by sittingringside Sun 15 Dec 2013, 1:28 pm

owen10ozzy wrote:Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Absolutely delighted at last night's result!! Boxing victories don't get much sweeter than that one! I stated this guy was over-rated on the podcast and that an upset was in the making (usually if I say that on the Podcast the exact opposite happens, so nice to see one come off). I described Broner as the US version of our very own James De Gale.. a lot of hyperbole over his supposed talent yet ultimately he just isn't World Class. It's funny because with both boxers, many pundits and fans alike seem so staunch in their view that they have this incredible talent & great natural abilities...they seem to completely overlook the pitfalls of the fighters, which they would seemingly spot in other boxers.

Broner's defence was shown up for what it was last night, very average. A few people on this board said, whilst he was fighting at the lower weights, that once he settled into a division where he couldn't just walk through people he would struggle. Aspects of that were shown even against Gavin Rees...then more so Paulie; hence the reason I gave Maidana every chance in this one!

This loss had nothing to do with over-training or any other feable reason, it purely happened because Adrian Broner is not the successor to the Mayweather throne; he is a decent fighter but with major flaws....his arrogance being one of them!

Broner has certainly shown a disparity between his talk and his walk here. He's been shown up by a tough and ferocious opponent and hopefully he'll have the good sense to shut up for a bit (although this is probably a somewhat forlorn hope). It's also important in this situation to avoid counter hyperbole about Broner's ability though, lest it detract from an excellent effort by Maidana.

sittingringside

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun 15 Dec 2013, 1:39 pm

tunes666 wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Like many I was satisfied with the result. Maidana, tragically poor as he is,
*Scratches head*

You think Maidana looked good?

He did what he is good at.......beating people up. I will give him credit for his combination punches. He would throw 4 punches at Broner and land the 3rd or 4th good tactics but he man was SCREEMING to be hit. A decent puncher like Thruman would put him away easy. Maidana has the worst footwork I have seen in a long while. Broner was rubbish.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Sun 15 Dec 2013, 1:45 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
tunes666 wrote:
*Scratches head*

He did what he is good at.......beating people up. I will give him credit for his combination punches. He would throw 4 punches at Broner and land the 3rd or 4th good tactics but he man was SCREEMING to be hit. A decent puncher like Thruman would put him away easy. Maidana has the worst footwork I have seen in a long while. Broner was rubbish.

Maidana had the worst footwork you've seen in a long time, yet he took apart Broner & put him against the ropes with such ease; think that then goes to show just how shockingly poor Broners footwork and boxing brain are!! He stayed in range for longer than neccessary because he was willing to take the risk to get off the shots and put the aggression on Adrian...I would imagine against a puncher like Thurman he perhaps would be a little more cautious. The fact was he bullied Broner from the offset last night and he knew it...therefore he fought to a plan which he knew could get him the victory.

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sun 15 Dec 2013, 2:17 pm

Not much to add. Broner is a hype job by his own design, had not and still has not fought a top name of any division. He should go into comedy, his animated personality may be better suited for the stage than the ring.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sun 15 Dec 2013, 2:43 pm

Possible other reason from left field: He kept getting punched in the face.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 15 Dec 2013, 2:43 pm

Laugh

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 15 Dec 2013, 2:49 pm

Broner was flat footed, had no output, had an incredibly poor defence and was simply bulldozed by a fighter, who although limited, is tried and tested. A beating is what Broner got, and it was stunning.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sun 15 Dec 2013, 4:07 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:

[/quote]

He is not a top skilled boxer who dances around flying like a butterfly an stinging like a bee as such, But he is a very tough capable opponent with a great chin, great power and a great engine and is also fairly good tactically. ... far from poor IMO...

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sun 15 Dec 2013, 4:32 pm

tunes666 wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:

He is not a top skilled boxer who dances around flying like a butterfly an stinging like a bee as such, But he is a very tough capable opponent with a great chin, great power and a great engine and is also fairly good tactically. ... far from poor IMO...

Poor is a long, long way from being the right word to describe Maidana. In fact it's just downright insulting given the names he's beaten and the level he generally fights at.

He is limited in terms of technical skill but certainly not in the persistence department and he has the power to follow that up and give most skilled fighters around his weight class a torrid time.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 15 Dec 2013, 4:50 pm

Maidana has a pretty good record now, he has more often than not failed against the very best in Kotelnik, Alexander and Khan but he's still had enough to beat Broner and Ortiz. Add in his lower tier wins over Lopez, Karass, Morales, Corley, Cayo and you have a world level fighter without the requisite skill to be among the elite. Should also note he was unlucky not to get the nod against Kotelnik and very nearly stopped Khan in that ninth round.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sun 15 Dec 2013, 4:57 pm

I'd stop short of thinking of Khan, Kotelnik and Alexander as the very best but can't disagree with the rest of that.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 15 Dec 2013, 4:59 pm

They are/were at the very top divisions he's fought in, at one point they along with Bradley were the top 4 at 140lbs.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Sun 15 Dec 2013, 5:16 pm

I think Broner is a bit of a victim of the times in how fighters are taught. Cut a lot of corners technically I imagine in favour of cutting weight and being just a monster at Super Featherweight and Lightweight, take away that size advantage when your body can no longer do that and those corners you cut really come back to haunt you. He reminds me of Khan a little in how unbalanced his skill set is, some parts world class some parts amateur hour.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sun 15 Dec 2013, 5:40 pm

True, they were all title holders when Maidana fought them but have all folded in some way since and in terms of longevity/consistency they haven't impressed me as much. I'm also sceptical as to whether they'd beat him again if they fought now given how Maidana looks to be improving.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 15 Dec 2013, 5:41 pm

Maidana would knock Khan out in a rematch

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 15 Dec 2013, 6:25 pm

Broner's head was in the wrong place and then in the second round he was put on chicken legs.  Even though he has good powers of recovery he could not get a foot hold after being hurt.

Broner used none of his advantages such as speed and jab.  He chose to brawl and was feeling the weight of the punches at the higher weight.

If he steps back down to 135 like he says he can then he should defend the belt he still holds at the weight.

If he concentrates and take a leaf out of Floyd's book in that when between the ropes is the time to put the ego to one side I think he has something to offer.

The fight was very reminiscent of MAB v Hamed but I don't see Broner chickening out of his career the way Hamed did.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Sun 15 Dec 2013, 7:56 pm

Looks like Broner believed in his own hype. PBF might give all the flash talk, but he puts in the hard work. Not sure if Broner does the same.
People were over-rating him too. I've noticed that whenever an African American boxer bursts on the scene that is fast and slick, everyone creams themselves and hypes them up as a "future P4P king" regardless of who they've beat.  Rolling Eyes 
I remember some people doing the same with Alexander after he beat Urango.
Broner now needs to consider his next move. A move down to 140 might be wise but given how easy he is to hit at times, I can see guys like Mattysse or Provodnikov busting him up.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 15 Dec 2013, 8:02 pm

Floyd didn't adapt the persona till he was the complete fighter, Broner hasn't put anywhere close the amount of work floyd had

While Broner was hyping himself up, floyd was training, while broner was getting drunk, floyd was training, while broner was blwoing up, floyd was training
You get it, he just can't be floyd and because he wanted to be floyd he has no identity, shoulder roll doesn't work without the footwork

He has the physical attributes to come again but needs to put in the hard work or he'll just be another name

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Sun 15 Dec 2013, 8:11 pm

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:Floyd didn't adapt the persona till he was the complete fighter, Broner hasn't put anywhere close the amount of work floyd had

While Broner was hyping himself up, floyd was training, while broner was getting drunk, floyd was training, while broner was blwoing up, floyd was training
You get it, he just can't be floyd and because he wanted to be floyd he has no identity,  shoulder roll doesn't work without the footwork

He has the physical attributes to come again but needs to put in the hard work or he'll just be another name

Yeah, exactly. People can say whatever they want to about Floyd, but I have nothing but respect for him as a professional.
I'm sure when it comes down to it, he trains like a man possessed and doesn't leave any stone unturned. You have to in order to stay on top as long as he has.
Broner on the other hand, I'm sure is exactly how he appears and spends half the time clowning around in training.

To make matters worse, he isn't even in the same league as Floyd when it comes to genetic and natural talent. If anything, he ought to be working harder than Floyd did in order to compensate for this.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sun 15 Dec 2013, 8:19 pm

Strongback wrote:Broner's head was in the wrong place

You mean in the path of Maidana's left hook or drooping over the bottom rope?

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by dangerous_mouse Sun 15 Dec 2013, 8:24 pm

OP should spend more of his time on boxingscene forums. Just because the man you don't rate wins a fight you predicted terribly wrong you approach the result from a different angle "hhmmm what could have been the real reason a really average guy got an absolute pasting from a very dangerous fighter? Could something have gone wrong during training etc". Just open your eyes mate, you fell for the broner hype and didn't evaluate the possible dangers maidana opponents face when in front of him.

dangerous_mouse

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 16 Dec 2013, 1:25 pm

Broner lost because he simply wasn't good enough, no point he or anyone else trying to make little b!tch excuses after the event.

He's not turned into a bad boxer all of a sudden, he's still very talented, but he was over-hyped and his record over-sold. Struggled with PdL, struggled with Paulie, lost to Maidana - all of whom are divisional gatekeepers to world class, but not world class in their own right.

Compare for example, Hatton and Khan who both have totally different styles but both beat PM up. Or super skilful Gamboa who took PdL apart.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 16 Dec 2013, 1:56 pm

Werent you saying he was one of the top ten fighters in the world not long ago?

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 16 Dec 2013, 2:03 pm

Me? No. Had a big argument with Truss over it because I wouldn't rank him.

Also argued with others that, IMO, Mikey Garcia should be ranked ahead of him which too few people were doing.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 16 Dec 2013, 2:06 pm

Well he was in the top ten in your top 15 best fighters 3 weeks ago and you were arguing that having him top ten was not overrating him.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 16 Dec 2013, 2:07 pm

That said, I've just checked back and, pitifully, I must have succumbed to peer pressure as I had him in at #10. Probably a little unfair on Danny Garcia who I had at #11.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 16 Dec 2013, 2:08 pm

catchweight wrote:Well he was in the top ten in your top 15 best fighters 3 weeks ago and you were arguing that having him top ten was not overrating him.

Tbh, 10-12 probably wouldn't be 'over-rating' him before this weekend. But I've definitely never been a fan and have had some big slanging matches with Truss over him.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 16 Dec 2013, 2:13 pm

Yea haven't seen much of Truss in the last 2 days.

Prob crying into his pink fluffy pillow because his boy got WHOOPED!!!!
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 16 Dec 2013, 2:15 pm

Dont tempt fate. Hes probably about to hose the place down with twenty Floyd Mayweather articles repeating the same thing.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 16 Dec 2013, 2:37 pm

In fairness, he said on another thread he was flying back to Boston this weekend I think so expected to be quiet over Xmas.

Lucky for him, he'll be hoping this dies down by 2014...

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 16 Dec 2013, 4:00 pm

Broner lost because he simply isn't that good.

Yes he has bags of talent, but prefers to be too arrogant and does not tend to utilize his talent. Shame really.

Wanted to see his chin checked, and it failed. Maidana couldn't even put Khan down and he hit him absolutely Flush bang on.

Maidana caught AB with a left jab turned hook and he was shaken badly.

Glad to see him get beaten up real good. Was a pleasure in some ways.

Yes he is a 3 weight world champ, but a very very soft one at that.

Beat Malignaggi (didn't think he did) for WW title, beat some average world champs in the lower weights.

Almost as bad as Alvarez beating M Hatton or Pacman beating Margarito to become "world" champs.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 16 Dec 2013, 4:24 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:

Yes he is a 3 weight world champ, but a very very soft one at that.

So is Duke McKenzie.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Tue 17 Dec 2013, 11:51 pm

I think as much as Broner deserves the stick he gets for being a total idiot I think give credit where its due and even though he lost, he did prove to have allot of heart and bravery in this fight, he was hurt many times but was still coming forward and trying to win.. Just a shame he is a first class prat.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down