The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the way to stop ferguson from not talking to the bbc

+4
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Derbyblue
Black Squirrel
Fernando
8 posters

Go down

the way to stop ferguson from not talking to the bbc  Empty the way to stop ferguson from not talking to the bbc

Post by Fernando Tue 17 May 2011, 3:28 pm

to stop shenanigans like ferguson ignoring the bbc after the panorama episode included his son being out of order and breaking rules.

why not make a rule saying managers must speak to all press after games.
if break this rule
1st time : £10k fine
2nd time : £50k fine
3rd time : £100k fine

4th 3 point deduction
5th 6 point deduction
6th 15 point deduction

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

the way to stop ferguson from not talking to the bbc  Empty Re: the way to stop ferguson from not talking to the bbc

Post by Black Squirrel Tue 17 May 2011, 3:33 pm

I'm not really bothered whether he talks or not. As long as I see the full 90 mins of the game, the rest is just filler

Black Squirrel

Back to top Go down

the way to stop ferguson from not talking to the bbc  Empty Re: the way to stop ferguson from not talking to the bbc

Post by Fernando Tue 17 May 2011, 3:34 pm

if the other managers have to do it, there's no excuse why he shouldn't if every manager refused to interviewed they'd be fined immediately

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Tue 17 May 2011, 5:00 pm

I'm sure they were talking about bringing something in to make every one of the premier league managers talk to the BBC.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 17 May 2011, 5:47 pm

He should be allowed to do what he wants. Taking points off is a farce of an idea and the fines are to steep. You get fined less for questioning a referees integrity.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Tue 17 May 2011, 6:27 pm

But really the fines for questioning a referees integrity should be higher, dumb FA introduce their respect the ref campaign and don't do anything to those who don't.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 May 2011, 10:38 pm

I don't see the problem in questioning the job a referee does. Classic example last night in the swansea and forest game. So much on the line at 2-1 in the 92nd minute, stone wall penalty for the handball and neither referee nor linesman give it

Players get criticized, so do managers. It's about time referees should be as well. By no means do I condone players surround the officials and swearing, but for somebody to be penalized for criticizing a decision (especially of video footage proves the ref was wrong) is absurd

the fa have to meet managers half way and start to bring in some system to penalize referees who make mistakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 May 2011, 10:41 pm

And I believe there is something in place as of next season where all managers HAVE to give post match interviews, regardless of broadcaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 19 May 2011, 1:04 am

gazzyD wrote:I don't see the problem in questioning the job a referee does. Classic example last night in the swansea and forest game. So much on the line at 2-1 in the 92nd minute, stone wall penalty for the handball and neither referee nor linesman give it

Players get criticized, so do managers. It's about time referees should be as well. By no means do I condone players surround the officials and swearing, but for somebody to be penalized for criticizing a decision (especially of video footage proves the ref was wrong) is absurd

the fa have to meet managers half way and start to bring in some system to penalize referees who make mistakes

I don't have a problem with questioning a decision made by a ref. The problem is questioning his motive for making the decision. That is wrong and should be heavily punished.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by callan Sun 22 May 2011, 4:03 am

So how is Ryan Giggs ? been behaving himself ?
callan
callan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jakethepeg Mon 23 May 2011, 4:46 pm

.if the other managers have to do it, there's no excuse why he shouldn't if every manager refused to interviewed they'd be fined immediately .

You don't know that.

It is one thing to expect a manager to comment on his club and their matches, but the rules surely have a limit: they cannot make a manger talk abount non-club related matters.

Jakethepeg

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 23 May 2011, 4:50 pm

Jakethepeg wrote:
.if the other managers have to do it, there's no excuse why he shouldn't if every manager refused to interviewed they'd be fined immediately .

You don't know that.

It is one thing to expect a manager to comment on his club and their matches, but the rules surely have a limit: they cannot make a manger talk about non-club related matters.

but we're not talking about non club related managers we're talking post match interviews.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by ML Mon 23 May 2011, 5:40 pm

callan wrote:So how is Ryan Giggs ? been behaving himself ?

Now he has been named on the BBC website, is it OK for me to say what a great player he is?

May I also add what an enormous ring-piece he is? Someone who should learn to keep the salami in the fridge if he wants to stop next door's dog running away with it instead of shooting every dog in the country.

What a wanchor 0/10 for style or brains

ML

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 24 May 2011, 7:56 pm

Deducting points is a farce of an idea, Sir Govan and every other manager in the League have absolutely no obligation to talk to the BBC

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 May 2011, 8:10 pm

Fergie trying to pull a reporter from Fridays press conference after one question about Giggs that didn't mention his personal life.

As for BBC interviewing, it doesn't bother me as much as the poor punditry on MOTD. Sort out the coverage before trying to get Fergie talking.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down