The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alex Ferguson how does he do it?

+2
two_tone
Josiah Maiestas
6 posters

Go down

Alex Ferguson how does he do it? Empty Alex Ferguson how does he do it?

Post by Josiah Maiestas Wed 02 May 2012, 7:30 pm

How did he manage to trick the FA into getting Howard Webb to referee Man City's most important game (Newcastle) of the season? He gave Man United 2 penalties AWAY from home earlier in the season, at Stamford Bridge.

I have to hand it to him, he is a genius.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4291636/Manchester-City-fans-were-furious-at-Howard-Webb-appointment.html

http://chelsea.theoffside.com/fixtures/chelsea-3-3-manchester-webb-show.html

I can guarantee there will be a very dubious decision that affects the Newcastle/City game. Hopefully, the deserving team wins the league.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Alex Ferguson how does he do it? Empty Re: Alex Ferguson how does he do it?

Post by two_tone Thu 03 May 2012, 4:38 pm

Who is it you support? Just curious because you spend your entire time on here slating everyone elses team while bringing no interesting points forward about your own.

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Thu 03 May 2012, 4:50 pm

The team I support doesn't get much mention in the media, so it is irrelevant.. I just find it strange how Webb gets to referee this with his "allegiances".. Very Happy
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Thu 03 May 2012, 4:53 pm

I'll assume it breeds from jealousy then of your own teams failings, congratulations.

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Thu 03 May 2012, 5:26 pm

Whilst its a good joke etc I always wonder where this Howard Webb bias nonsense came from - I think he's a terrible referee and hate him reffing our games.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Thu 03 May 2012, 5:26 pm

I'll assume it breeds from jealousy then of your own teams failings
My own team fights above it's weight, money wise.. Man U on the other hand are eliminated from the UCL by little old Basel... Very Happy
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Fri 04 May 2012, 10:43 am

I find it a little sad that you comment so frequently on these boards but almost seem embarassed to admit who you support, I'm guessing because all the bile you have written on other peoples teams would become irrelevant. United have had a disappointing season by their high standards but they are still in with a shout for the league, which says a lot because I would guess every other team bar Chelsea and possibly City (depending on the next two games) would snatch your hand off for what we have done this season.

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Fri 04 May 2012, 11:37 am

Not EVERY team in the PL is interested in winning the league. Sure Man U would be up there with the money they spend and the size of their squad. Man U fans are so quiet these days you would think they had just bottled an 8 point lead.... Oh Wait! Very Happy
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Fri 04 May 2012, 2:00 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:Not EVERY team in the PL is interested in winning the league. Sure Man U would be up there with the money they spend and the size of their squad. Man U fans are so quiet these days you would think they had just bottled an 8 point lead.... Oh Wait! Very Happy

I'm a United fan and I am quite astounded we are still in with a shout of winning the league. You say that we've spent loads, 50m on three players in this day and age is nothing compared to others such as Liverpool have spent yet they are 8th in the league, all be it with the chance of two trophies, which you can't knock, although their form in the league cannot be ignored either. If you think City bought players like:

Silva
Aguero
YaYa
Clichy
Nasri
Dzeko

They should be in the driving seat with a team like that.

So we bought:

De Gea-Needed a long term goalkeeper to replace Van Der Sar. Had a shaky start but he's kept us in this title race in my view.
Jones-Needed a young centre back with Rio and Nemanja getting on a bit. He looks a future England captain and has stepped up in his first season at United considering he was fighting relegation with Blackburn last season. Just needs time to settle in and another couple of seasons playing at a consistantly high level will see him flourish at the centre of United's defence as well as England's.
Young-With Giggsy getting on now and playing more central, we need a left winger who could also deliver a mean cross, something United have always instilled in their wingers, get plenty of crosses in. Had a stunning start to the season and was unlucky with injuries.

There's another reason why I believe we struggled in the CL and towards the end of the campaign. Vidic, Nani, Cleverly, Anderson, Welbeck and Young all got injured pretty early in the campaign and halted our momentum. From then on we were playing catch up with City and never really had a team going out in the CL that had played together week in week out. Add to the fact Rio had a shocking start to the season, in my view, caused by the lack of games from his back injury last season meant we were very shaky in midfield and at the back. We had to ask Scholes to come back out of retirement due to injuries in the centre of midfield.

I hope Fergie strengthens in the summer because we clearly need signings in the RB, LB, CM and possibly in a striking position and they have been our areas of weakness this season. I think we'll be more competitive next season in the CL with the younger players more settle in the side and hopefully new signings can add a bit more quality to the side.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Fri 04 May 2012, 2:31 pm

A fair comment, martyr.

Much better respect for you than the comments by two_tone. Very Happy

It is about time someone other than Man U and Chelsea won the league, it is better for the other teams.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Fri 04 May 2012, 2:50 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:A fair comment, martyr.

Much better respect for you than the comments by two_tone. Very Happy

It is about time someone other than Man U and Chelsea won the league, it is better for the other teams.

Cheers.

As a United fan I would rather we won it every year, but hey, that's just me Wink

But I agree, its better for the league if it wasn't just the same two teams winning it over and over again. I would say that City deserve it just, although not by much, which in my view is credit to United's team spirit to stay in there with a squad not at the level of City's.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Tue 08 May 2012, 3:45 pm

When you show respect to other teams on here and not even have the bottle to mention your own team through fear of ridicule then perhaps I will respond with a little more thought. Since you are a WUM though I wouldnt bet on it. Whilst I agree it makes the league itself more interesting to have various teams competing City have bought their league position and will likely extend on it next year if other teams don't do the same.

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 08 May 2012, 3:54 pm

Love it when people say they bought the title, no they bought the players. What guarantee when they splashed all this cash was there that these players would gel? Did they guarantee they'd be a team or a group of individuals?

Just because they bought these world class players didn't guarantee anything, and look at it this way they will probably win the league on goal difference so what does that tell you?

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Tue 08 May 2012, 4:08 pm

That they havent spent enough I would imagine Mancini's first response would be.

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Tue 08 May 2012, 4:10 pm

Also no gurantee granted but I would think the owners would tire quickly shelling out all the cash for no reward, its done as a business and they want results, look at Chelsea.

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Tue 08 May 2012, 5:52 pm

The difference in transfer worth between ManU and Man City players of those that started the Manchester Derby was less than £0.5 million in value. Very Happy

Would ManU have beaten QPR and Aston Villa if it's not for Young's diving penalties? Very Happy
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Wed 09 May 2012, 10:14 am

Every team has players that dive and have gotten decisions they shouldnt have, the fact you love attacking United so much is the fact you wish your team were on their level. Sad really but there we go. As for City's team they have barely any youth players anymore they have shipped them out and replaced them with 20million+ players. Fair play they can afford to but I dont except they are not where they are without spending so much money. United have created their wealth not inherited it.

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed 09 May 2012, 10:19 am

United can spend because they have earned the money over the last 20 years of constant success. City can spend because some bored Arab can't find anything better to do with his (unearned) money. That's the difference.

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Wed 09 May 2012, 10:40 am

I hope Man City win the league every year just so you can see why ManU were not liked. Very Happy

Even Rooney said ManU lack the ambition of City.. Very Happy
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Wed 09 May 2012, 11:00 am

I hope you grow up and come up with something original and interesting to say, something tells me we are both going to be wrong.

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Wed 09 May 2012, 12:26 pm

ManU lack a player of Yaya Toure's quality.. instead you have Carrick :\ and Anderson. Whistle
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Wed 09 May 2012, 12:34 pm

Change the record, why not contribute something meaningful for once, noone finds you funny your the equivalent of a TV talent show, they seem to be on every channel and its all the same mind numbingly boring drivel everytime you see it.

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed 09 May 2012, 12:41 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:ManU lack a player of Yaya Toure's quality.. instead you have Carrick :\ and Anderson. Whistle

I would argue that 99% of teams in world football lack someone like Yaya, whats your point?

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Wed 09 May 2012, 2:00 pm

Why is Giggs still not retired yet? What's he got to prove? He's nearly 50.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Wed 09 May 2012, 2:01 pm

Older than most managers. Very Happy
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down