The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Impact Wrestling (TNA) spoilers for 19/5

+12
Black Squirrel
Dx Dan.
Holymiky
ncfc_Tooze
Sarsippius
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
oufcad22
ADMIN
Fernando
Adam D
theundisputedY2D2
Marky
16 posters

Go down

Impact Wrestling (TNA) spoilers for 19/5 Empty Impact Wrestling (TNA) spoilers for 19/5

Post by Marky Tue 17 May 2011, 8:45 am

Impact Wrestling for May 19:

-Immortal comes out to the ring. They say that Hulk Hogan and Mick Foley are in NYC to meet with the Network. Tonight Immortal is in charge. Brian Kendrick brings a bunch of X-Division wrestlers to interrupt so Bischoff books them in matches. Immortal then attacks the X-Division guys until Fortune makes the save.

-Mickie James, Tara & Miss Tessmacher def. Sarita, Rosita & Madison Rayne

-Abyss def. Kazarian to win the X-Division Championship

-Samoa Joe def. Amazing Red in a quick match. Joe kept trash talking him so Crimson made the save.

-Tommy Dreamer and AJ Styles, who is wearing a neck brace, talk in the ring. Dreamer lays him out and Christopher Daniels makes the save. Bully Ray attacks Styles. Dreamer keeps attacking Styles and he has to be helped out of the ring.

-Kurt Angle and Jeff Jarrett meet in the ring and make a match for Slammiversary. The winner will be the number one contender for the TNA Title. Angle mentions that Karen is gone because of Sacrifice. Jarrett says if he win then he'll get Angle's medals. Karen comes out in a wheelchair and Velvet Sky shoves her down the ramp.

-Matt Hardy & Eric Bischoff def. Generation Me. Bischoff picked up the pinfall.

-Velvet Sky def. Angelina Love & Winter. ODB returned after and beat up Sky.

-Gunner beat up Eric Young backstage.

-They have a segment with Robert Roode and Ric Flair. Immortal attacks Roode and they injure his shoulder in revenge of Flair.

-Sting comes to the ring and says his main focus is Hulk Hogan. Mr. Anderson comes out after dressed as Sting in the 1980's. Anderson lays Sting out to end the show.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Impact Wrestling (TNA) spoilers for 19/5 Empty Re: Impact Wrestling (TNA) spoilers for 19/5

Post by Marky Tue 17 May 2011, 8:48 am

So...

Abyss is X Division Champion, with Gunner still TV Champion, AJ Styles is being beaten up weekly by guys twice his age, Eric Bischoff pinned one of Gen Me in a big "eff you" to the X Division, and Samoa Joe beat Amazing Red in 8 seconds. Not bad for a show that is all about the wrestling...

Marky

Back to top Go down

Impact Wrestling (TNA) spoilers for 19/5 Empty Re: Impact Wrestling (TNA) spoilers for 19/5

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 17 May 2011, 8:49 am

Marky wrote:-Sting comes to the ring and says his main focus is Hulk Hogan. Mr. Anderson comes out after dressed as Sting in the 1980's. Anderson lays Sting out to end the show.

I hope Anderson came out to 'A Man Called Sting' - that would be the greatest moment in the history of professional wrestling.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 17 May 2011, 8:52 am

I just commented that RAW sounded bad.

Please say that these results are actually tongue in cheek and never happened! It sounds 10 times worse than RAW!

The only thing I actually quite liked the sound of was Karen Angle in a wheelchair!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 17 May 2011, 8:55 am

Ric Flair should have come out in HIS wheelchair and shouted "WOW! THAT'S MY LINE!" before being rolled backstage again.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 17 May 2011, 9:20 am

so they setting up a tna vs x division storyline then.

abyss x division champ, id love to see him in a ultimate x match

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Tue 17 May 2011, 9:29 am

The one thing I was really hoping for was for them to announce another Angle v Jarrett match, I'm just not bored of this feud at all and it's not like the pair of them have feuded on and off for the last few years anyway.

🤦

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 17 May 2011, 9:29 am

theundisputedY2D2 wrote:Ric Flair should have come out in HIS wheelchair and shouted "WOW! THAT'S MY LINE!" before being rolled backstage again.

Woooooooo! Thats my ride!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by oufcad22 Tue 17 May 2011, 9:34 am

I thought the x-division was the cruiserweights or am i mistaken?

oufcad22

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 17 May 2011, 9:37 am

It was for Cruiserweight's and Samoa Joe before this.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 17 May 2011, 9:42 am

I thought that the X Division used to be branded as the division with "no limits" or something like that.

Which effectively makes it the spot monkey division (albeit probably the best booked division/ belt of the last 10 years out of the WWE/TNA ones - until the last 12 months!)

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 17 May 2011, 9:43 am

"It's not about weight limits, it's about NO limits!"

Translation:

"Samoa Joe is fat and obviously isn't a cruiserweight but we kinda need him to feud with some of these guys"

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 17 May 2011, 11:12 am

Wow sounds truely awful.

I wanted Kaz to lose the x-division title because he was to strong for the guys in the x-division. I thought he might have got screwed out of his title by a main event guy giving him a feud and a beleivable push closer to the main events maybe even starting the break up of fourtune. Abyss makes no sense and is a slap in the face to all TNA fans.

Bully Ray has been very good on his own and his feud with AJ could be very enjoyable but why does Dreamer need to be involved. He shouldn't even be there. If TNA were going to keep any of the ECW originals it should have been Sabu he could have been an experienced guy in the x-division.

Wow more Angle/Jarrett just what TNA need. Unless the Champ after Slammiversary is Anderson either one of these washed up old men is a joke.

Hopefully Anderson gets the title off Sting and let Sting play out this Hogan storyline and then leave, he offers nothing to TNA at all and is just keeping guys like AJ and Kaz down.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarsippius Tue 17 May 2011, 12:26 pm

Pretty sure that makes abyss a tna grand slam champion (only the second one I think). Is that the reason they did it, I can't think of any other reason, he's not exactly going to star in the x-division

Even if its the set up for an immortal v x-division feud, theres still no need for abyss to be the champ

Sarsippius

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 17 May 2011, 1:19 pm

Sarsippius wrote:Pretty sure that makes abyss a tna grand slam champion (only the second one I think). Is that the reason they did it, I can't think of any other reason, he's not exactly going to star in the x-division

Even if its the set up for an immortal v x-division feud, theres still no need for abyss to be the champ

He is now the 2nd grand slam champion in TNA history which is a joke. They could have got one of the x-division guys to join immortal and at least have a proper x-division champ. Abyss adds nothing to the x-division. Think it's heading for an immortal v TNA feud.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarsippius Tue 17 May 2011, 1:25 pm

I was thinking about just having an x-division defector as champ as well, better that abyss (I don't hate him as much as most of you but an x-division (and grand slam) champion he is not)

For me you could have Pope join immortal and be champ, he started in the x-division, although he didn't stay there very long.

Sarsippius

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 17 May 2011, 1:35 pm

Pope or Robbie E would have done the job much better than someone who looks awful unless it's a form of no DQ match ie.. monsters ball or lethal lockdown.

I was hoping Kaz would lose the x-division title but they have built him up to strong while belittling the rest of x-division. They had a perfect oppurtunity at the ultimate x match but Kaz won it he would be much better invloved in the AJ/Bully Ray feud instead of AJ letting AJ get back to his position in the main events where he should be.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Tue 17 May 2011, 2:09 pm

theres a new set awell which i feel looks very smart
http://www.tnawrestlingnews.com/images/galleries/impactwewset/slideshow.pl

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Tue 17 May 2011, 2:11 pm

That does look quite nice but i still feel they need to take it on the road to be honest. Not even all the time, just some of the time!

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 17 May 2011, 2:12 pm

That does look pretty good. They should exchange the guard rails for the walls WWE have guard rails are a bit to 90's imo.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Tue 17 May 2011, 2:20 pm

I agree PB. Prehaps that is the next stage. or prehaps go for the ROH style ones

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dx Dan. Tue 17 May 2011, 2:26 pm

Horrible show.
Only thing I like the sound of is the possibility of Angle beating Jarrett at Slammiversary to become the new #1 contender to the World Title.
Angle deserves to be in the main event!

Dx Dan.

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 17 May 2011, 2:26 pm

They are a bit more dangerous than the WWE though the WWE are heavily padded at the top and a fart could blow them down.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Squirrel Tue 17 May 2011, 2:26 pm

Why is TNA now called Impact?

Will it still be on Challenge TV?

Black Squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 17 May 2011, 2:26 pm

Challenge still have it listed.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 17 May 2011, 2:28 pm

It's just a name change has no effect on broadcasting contracts.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 17 May 2011, 2:29 pm

Dx Dan. wrote:Horrible show.
Only thing I like the sound of is the possibility of Angle beating Jarrett at Slammiversary to become the new #1 contender to the World Title.

More than AJ, Kaz, Joe or even Anderson? The guy is past it.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Tue 17 May 2011, 2:31 pm

prettyboykev wrote:

Angle in the main event could be a great way to put over others (I think that Anderson could benefit from this) but if it is Angle v Sting it would be a waste of time.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 17 May 2011, 2:40 pm

JoshSansom wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:

Angle in the main event could be a great way to put over others (I think that Anderson could benefit from this) but if it is Angle v Sting it would be a waste of time.

Can't argue with that mate. Not to sure they would have others put over on Angle. He is still really strong and has just signed a new 3 and a half year deal.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Tue 17 May 2011, 2:45 pm

Angle certainly shouldn't put everyone over... but he could give some legitimacy to Anderson's reign (if he wins) before the likely situation of Anderson feuding with an Immortal member with Hogan impersonating McMahon from 1997.

Angle then look to take on some of the real talent of TNA and could have some great matches, winning some and losing some.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Tue 17 May 2011, 3:15 pm

I swear, every time I read their spoilers I find myself thinking that they couldn't be any worse at booking.

If I was given the task of making TNA as bad as possible, I still couldn't think of anything as bad as the real thing.

If there was a degree in wrestling booking, you could literally choose any Impact episode or PPV of the Bischoff/Hogan era as the best example of how to book things wrong.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Wed 18 May 2011, 10:56 am

I really hope there is a story of something behind this burial of the X Division. At least give the X Division title to some that looks like an X Division guy not Abyss. Absolutely ridiculous!

🤦

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu 19 May 2011, 2:18 pm

What I really do not get from all of this is that at present TNA or as they are now known Impact Wrestling are constantly using the strapline of ‘Wrestling Matters’
If that’s the case why in a 2 hour show can they only manage 3 matches involving male wrestlers, one of which is an 8 second squash match.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 19 May 2011, 3:00 pm

I don't get why people say Angle is past it, by the end of the year I'll bet he will be involved in more top 10 TNA matches than anyone else, Angle/Anderson for me had feud of the year last year and if he could endorse Anderson as Champ it could be the start of a great reign

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Wed 25 May 2011, 7:27 am

Was as bad as I thought it could be, I enjoyed Immortal getting the poopie kicked out of them at the start. I think they are going to be going some where with this Immortal v X Division story line.

Possibly Foley screwing Immortal again that is where the all X Division Destination X is going to come from?

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down