The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3/5/11 - The day Wrestling hit a new low (Impact and Smackdown spoilers)

+2
Adam D
Marky
6 posters

Go down

3/5/11 - The day Wrestling hit a new low (Impact and Smackdown spoilers) Empty 3/5/11 - The day Wrestling hit a new low (Impact and Smackdown spoilers)

Post by Marky Wed 4 May - 19:49

Where do I start.

Last night was the taping of TNA Impact for 12/5 and of WWE Smackdown for 6/5, and both shows just continue to spout absolute garbage.

Smackdown had the predictable Randy Orton hit his "ohmygodanRKOoutofnowhere" and beat Christian to become the new World Heavyweight Champion, Christian's reign lasting just 2 days/48 hours, or if you want to believe he's Champion until Friday, 5 days. It's a joke. Then after Ezekiel Jackson beats Big Show, The Corre attacks Big Zeke! Not only has the "Batista leaves Evolution" storyline been done to death, it's being done twice at the moment with Mason Ryan in the exact same storyline on Raw!

As for TNA. Impact had Beer Money challenge the Hardy Boys to reunite and face them, but instead, Beer Money will be feuding with Matt Hardy and... Chris Harris aka Braden Walker. Add another match to the DVD. Maybe they bumped into each other in McDonalds or something. They may turn out to be good matches but it's another example of guys who are past it getting opportunities ahead of the younger talent. Living in the past. And speaking of living in the past, guess who's behind "The Network"?! None other than Mick Foley. Now i'm a fan of Foley, but it's just another rehashed storyline that sums up what is wrong with Wrestling/Sports Entertainment right now. There is no creativity. It's almost as if TNA writers watched a WCW Nitro from 2000 and thought "that'll do, the fans wont remember".

Foley went on to announce Kurt Angle's mistress, and the match at Sacrifice, Jeff and Karen Jarrett v Kurt Angle and... Chyna. Yep, Chyna.

The entire WWE and TNA stinks of poor creativity and lack of imagination, and it's just as well for both of these shows that there is no competition. How it can be fixed? Hire new writers, better writers, have people running the business who know about what's best for the business. With all due respect to the guys running the E-fed 6WF, if two guys who are both still at school can come up with storylines consistantly better than what WWE and TNA are putting out, then it shows how poor these global companies are running things. As good as 6WF is, WWE and TNA should be putting out groundbreaking storylines, using their talent in the right way and attracting viewers back to their product.

The only reason for me keeping Sky Sports is the WWE, especially when the Football Season is over, and it doesn't exactly seem like it's worth bothering with.

The people who matter in these companies will never read this, but I still had to vent my frustrations as a very disgruntled wrestling fan.

Marky

Back to top Go down

3/5/11 - The day Wrestling hit a new low (Impact and Smackdown spoilers) Empty Re: 3/5/11 - The day Wrestling hit a new low (Impact and Smackdown spoilers)

Post by Adam D Wed 4 May - 19:52

great article Marky.

This week however Impact > Smackdown

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

3/5/11 - The day Wrestling hit a new low (Impact and Smackdown spoilers) Empty Re: 3/5/11 - The day Wrestling hit a new low (Impact and Smackdown spoilers)

Post by Dx Dan. Wed 4 May - 19:55

Good article mate.
Agree, the product is very inconsistant at the moment.
We've had a great Lockdown and Extreme Rules IMO, but then this weeks shows sound so poor!

Dx Dan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 4 May - 19:57

Hobo wrote:great article Marky.

A ridiculous comment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dx Dan. Wed 4 May - 19:59

King Beer wrote:

A ridiculous comment.

Agreed.

Dx Dan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 4 May - 20:01

Dx Dan. wrote:
King Beer wrote:

A ridiculous comment.

Agreed.

only in so far that I have seen neither show and am basing this on the write ups.

To be fair, I was also using the latest impact (which is actually next weeks!) as a basis of comparison. This weeks with the dreamer heel turn appears to be awful

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 4 May - 20:55

As much as we try to convince ourselves that one day the WWE and TNA will both one day offer a high standard product with creative genius, if we are honest with ourselves we have to admit that it just isnt going to happen. Who are we kidding? I mean, pro-wrestling has been in decline for years, and every year that passes the product just gets worse. We watch what both companies produce but the majority of the posts on these boards are critiques rather than praise which itself tells its own story. We all have to let go of that little bit of hope that pro-wrestling will rise from the ashes and make us all 'fans' again, because quite frankly it isnt going to happen. The IWC are a deluded bunch and our heroes CM Punk and Christian will never be the stars we want them to, lets just face up to that. Modern day society has evolved and pro-wrestling is now just an entertainment show, and us older fans will always compare todays offerings to that of the 1990s where pro-wrestling was at its peak. It will never be that good again and the sooner we realise that the better. Life goes on and we just have to get over it.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Wed 4 May - 22:32

I just wish that TNA would see the light and pull their fingers out. If Bischoff and Hogan want a proper eff you to McMahon this would be the way. Try to pull in the fans that have abandoned WWE and maybe go a little extreme to pull the ECW fans in maybe. It just aggravates me that they don't see they have an opportunity to give McMahon a little scare but instead they just repeat storylines.

Chyna?? 🤦
I also thought that Foley was a bit better than that.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 4 May - 22:47

AberdeenSteve wrote:
I also thought that Foley was a bit better than that.

that has to be a joke! Well its given me my biggest guffaw of the day!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Metropolis1 Thu 5 May - 23:16

As much as we try to convince ourselves that one day the WWE and TNA will both one day offer a high standard product with creative genius, if we are honest with ourselves we have to admit that it just isnt going to happen. Who are we kidding? I mean, pro-wrestling has been in decline for years, and every year that passes the product just gets worse. We watch what both companies produce but the majority of the posts on these boards are critiques rather than praise which itself tells its own story. We all have to let go of that little bit of hope that pro-wrestling will rise from the ashes and make us all 'fans' again, because quite frankly it isnt going to happen. The IWC are a deluded bunch and our heroes CM Punk and Christian will never be the stars we want them to, lets just face up to that. Modern day society has evolved and pro-wrestling is now just an entertainment show, and us older fans will always compare todays offerings to that of the 1990s where pro-wrestling was at its peak. It will never be that good again and the sooner we realise that the better. Life goes on and we just have to get over it.

so sad yet so true.

Metropolis1

Back to top Go down

Post by Metropolis1 Thu 5 May - 23:17

Why can't we have a stable that just gets along instead of all this falling out with one member bullcrap?

Metropolis1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down