The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales team to face Australia

+77
ultra
yappysnap
Bluedragon
nganboy
Artful_Dodger
welshy824 (new)
Taylorman
Heuer27
MMaaxx
Portnoy's Complaint
tigerleghorn
DeludedOptimistorjustDave
Rugby Fan
mystiroakey
TJ
nathan
tatterd
ospreysboyo
Rory_Gallagher
slartibartfast
Galted
Shifty
kingelderfield
Hood83
tigertattie
Cumbrian
Breadvan
GLove39
Engine#4
Hookisms and Hyperbole
BamBam
madmaccas
BigTrevsbigmac
Scrumpy
Biltong
wayne
stub
quinsforever
Steffan
Bullsbok
Full Credit
The Bachelor
Duty281
Cyril
Liam
mckay1402
OzT
GloriousEmpire
Welsh Magician
mr-bryns-attitude
munkian
ScarletSpiderman
Newsilure
Comfort
HammerofThunor
BlueNote
RubyGuby
wales606
irnbrew
mrzimmerman
Luckless Pedestrian
jimmyinthewell68
SecretFly
majesticimperialman
Seagultaf
glamorganalun
Knowsit17
Pal Joey
flyhalffactory
Casartelli
Jhamer25
gavstar
The Saint
maestegmafia
bedfordwelsh
No9
Scratch
81 posters

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

Wales team to face Australia - Page 8 Empty Wales team to face Australia

Post by Scratch Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:06 am

First topic message reminder :

I don't think anyone put their hands up today except Hook and O Williams
Several were dismal and if i see L Williams on the bench i will be very disappointed. Glad Charteris has gone back as he is off form.

Gethin
Hibbard - player of the autumn for me
Rhodri Jones
AWJ
Ryan Jones - I think Evans will be picked but I think Ryan offers more in the loose and was one of few players who looked like he wanted to play today
Lydiate - needs to up his game as he has been quiet this autumn
Warburton - personally would like to see Tips start and Warbs at 6 but expect tho selection
Faletau - has had a fine autumn
Philipps - superb last week, could be his opportunity to get a club!
Biggar - for his kicking game and is less prone to getting isolated and turned over, i may have picked hook if available as i thought he was good today
North - A quiet autumn and ordinary v Tonga. Time to step up
S Williams - excellent footballer, his big opportunity and I am looking forward to him staking a real claim
O Williams - only real bonus from the Tonga game, looked solid
L Williams - is he fit…who else is there.
Halfpenny - involved in both tries, expect the POTY finalist to have a huge game

Owens
Lee
A Prop
Coombes - in reality i think tho swill be Ryan as i expect Gats to select Evans
Tipuric pref for him to start
R Williams
Priestland - I would def pick Hook if available
Beck - barely but who else is there

Last edited by Scratch on Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Wales team to face Australia - Page 8 Empty Re: Wales team to face Australia

Post by flyhalffactory Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:14 pm

Bullsbok wrote:
Jhamer25 wrote:
Bullsbok wrote:
Jhamer25 wrote:Ooooh a bit of tension by the seems

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/australia-star-genia-furious-comments-6355068

Maybe Genia should have just kept quite about it. I mean I he need to be worry about his own game at the moment, he has gone from hero to lets just say mediocre in the past year.
He was amazing last yer but this year has been ok at best. He doesn't really scare me, but if i was him and the Aus pack, they should be very wary of Hibbard; he is the in form player in our pack and i can't wait to see him bash about an average pack. We clearly have the best of them up front, but that hasn't worked for the past 8 games, so hope hope we don't try and pay the same game.
Aus have 3 main threats and that's Folau, Cooper and Hooper. If we can keep them at bay then we can win, however these three players are great and i'm sure will be at their bests tomorrow.
We have to win but i just have that feeling that the Aussies will steel it once again in the final quarters. I pray i'm wrong because if we do loose then overall this will have been yet another poor Autumn.
The problem with saying things like Genia doesnt really scare you , is Genia is the type to dominate a game for 80 minutes out of the blue. He always has at least one game a season when he's unplayable. If Wales are unlucky that game will come tomorrow . As for an average pack. People have been saying that about the Aussies for years yet they're the 3rd best ranked team in the world. Talk is cheap
Ok yes they have been the 3rd ranked team in the world for the past few years but you can't say that's down to their pack.
A very weak scrum
A stable lineout (no real threat from Horwill or Simmons)
And no real go froward power

The reason Australia have been one for the best is because of the likes of Cooper, Genia (on form), Drew Mitchell, Adam Ashley Cooper, Beale, O'Conner, Folau and Gitau. Not Horwill, Mowen, Fardy, Kepu or Simmons
To me the Aussies have only had 3 world class players int he past few years which is Pocock, Hooper and Moore
My talk might be cheap but it's the truth Hug

And yes, knowing our luck Genia will be amazing tomorrow but i hope he just plays like the way he has been all year Whistle 
For a team with only 3 world class players in the last few years (your words not mine ) they've done remarkably well especially against the Welsh . Seriously though i dno if you're trolling or not but 3 world class players ? Pocock when he plays is the best openside in the world but he's injured 50% of the time . Hooper only showed up this year and Moore is very injury prone . You very easily overlook newboy Folau , Genia , Cooper ,the evergreen AAC , Digby Ioane , JOC , Beale. If they aren;t world class these last few years you dont know the meaning of the term
Agree with you my man

This guy is probably the best attacking FB in test rugby at the moment, certainly best under the high ball, and no mean defender, he certainly is world class
BBC wrote:Israel Folau is two tries away from overhauling Lote Tuqiri's record of 10 tries scored for Australia in a calendar year.
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by Jhamer25 Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:57 am

Bullsbok wrote:
Jhamer25 wrote:
Bullsbok wrote:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/australia-star-genia-furious-comments-6355068

Maybe Genia should have just kept quite about it. I mean I he need to be worry about his own game at the moment, he has gone from hero to lets just say mediocre in the past year.
He was amazing last yer but this year has been ok at best. He doesn't really scare me, but if i was him and the Aus pack, they should be very wary of Hibbard; he is the in form player in our pack and i can't wait to see him bash about an average pack. We clearly have the best of them up front, but that hasn't worked for the past 8 games, so hope hope we don't try and pay the same game.
Aus have 3 main threats and that's Folau, Cooper and Hooper. If we can keep them at bay then we can win, however these three players are great and i'm sure will be at their bests tomorrow.
We have to win but i just have that feeling that the Aussies will steel it once again in the final quarters. I pray i'm wrong because if we do loose then overall this will have been yet another poor Autumn.
The problem with saying things like Genia doesnt really scare you , is Genia is the type to dominate a game for 80 minutes out of the blue. He always has at least one game a season when he's unplayable. If Wales are unlucky that game will come tomorrow . As for an average pack. People have been saying that about the Aussies for years yet they're the 3rd best ranked team in the world. Talk is cheap
Ok yes they have been the 3rd ranked team in the world for the past few years but you can't say that's down to their pack.
A very weak scrum

The reason Australia have been one for the best is because of the likes of Cooper, Genia (on form), Drew Mitchell, Adam Ashley Cooper, Beale, O'Conner, Folau and Gitau. Not Horwill, Mowen, Fardy, Kepu or Simmons
To me the Aussies have only had 3 world class players int he past few years which is Pocock, Hooper and Moore

And yes, knowing our luck Genia will be amazing tomorrow but i hope he just plays like the way he has been all year Whistle 
For a team with only 3 world class players in the last few years (your words not mine ) they've done remarkably well especially against the Welsh . Seriously though i dno if you're trolling or not but 3 world class players ? Pocock when he plays is the best openside in the world but he's injured 50% of the time . Hooper only showed up this year and Moore is very injury prone . You very easily overlook newboy Folau , Genia , Cooper ,the evergreen AAC , Digby Ioane , JOC , Beale. If they aren;t world class these last few years you dont know the meaning of the term
Doh  Sorry guys I meant to say ' In the pack in the past few years' not just ' in the past few years'. My mistake
Pocock as out said when he plays IS the best flanker in world rugby, an outstanding player.
Hoope ris again one hell of an opensides, one of the best at the moment
Moore is a work horse and always gives 100%
Apart from that i can't see nay other person in their pack that stands out

Was my mistake, the Aussies have plenty of world class in the backs you just have to look at Folau and Cooper to see that. Im not a troll, im nothing like that, i just like to make my point but i see how you saw it like that

Jhamer25

Back to top Go down

Post by Jhamer25 Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:00 am

flyhalffactory wrote:
Bullsbok wrote:
Jhamer25 wrote:
Bullsbok wrote:

A very weak scrum

Agree with you my man

This guy is probably the best attacking FB in test rugby at the moment, certainly best under the high ball, and no mean defender, he certainly is world class
BBC wrote:Israel Folau is two tries away from overhauling Lote Tuqiri's record of 10 tries scored for Australia in a calendar year.
I for one hope those two tries don't come tomorrow

Jhamer25

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:09 am

glamorganalun wrote:Expect a change for Evans tomorrow Coombes on the bench.
Evans out?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Full Credit Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:40 am

So, the Welsh paper says: "The scrum-half genius revealed the Wallaby pack was furious with comments made by the hooker this week and was determined to ram them down his throat during the Millennium Stadium showdown."

While the Aussie one says: "But it was hooker Richard Hibbard's comments about ''battering'' Australia into submission that caught the Wallabies' attention. ''He is definitely adding fuel to the fire with everything he is saying,'' Genia said." (http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/wallabies-spring-tour-ewen-mckenzie-wants-controlled-aggression-from-team-20131129-2ygw7.html#ixzz2m60ZlFHM).

Seems about right.

Full Credit

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:58 am

Will Genia wrote:What more motivation do you need than someone coming out and saying those sorts of things?
Good work, Hibbard. clap

Will Genia wrote:I’ve always gone into games against Wales confident, because of the recent history and recent success.

The first time I played them was in 2009 and we haven’t lost to them since.
Which is why this talk is all the more embarrassing. Results-wise, we're all mouth, no trousers.

Last edited by Luckless Pedestrian on Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:02 am; edited 1 time in total

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:59 am

Steffan wrote:At the end of the day Wales have beaten Australia twice on they're own patch this year so at home its understandable why the fans would be confident
A picard doesn't do it justice.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:14 am

maestegmafia wrote:
Evans out?
Anyone got anymore news on this, guessing R Jones to 2nd row if that case. Coombs was carrying knock himself.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:27 am

bedfordwelsh wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
Evans out?
Anyone got anymore news on this, guessing R Jones to 2nd row if that case.  Coombs was carrying knock himself.
Evans wife is due to give birth so apparently Coombes has been put on standby. No change yet.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:32 am

wales606 wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
Evans out?
Anyone got anymore news on this, guessing R Jones to 2nd row if that case.  Coombs was carrying knock himself.
Evans wife is due to give birth so apparently Coombes has been put on standby. No change yet.
Well good luck to the Evans family...!

Let's hope we can smash the Aussies today and make it a momentous occasion for everyone.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:35 am

Andrew Coombes wrote:
wales606 wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
Evans out?

Let's hope we can smash the Aussies today and make it a momentous occasion for everyone.
Fair enough, Coombesy, but try not to get too far ahead of yourself, mate. Wink 

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:55 am

Linebreaker wrote:
Andrew Coombes wrote:
wales606 wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
Evans out?

Fair enough, Coombesy, but try not to get too far ahead of yourself, mate. Wink 
Any further news on Ian Evans...?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:28 pm

What a selfish couple! They should have timed it due for a month when there's no internationals scheduled. I'd have thought it commonplace policy in the Welsh camp that players be restricted to certain months where conception would be least likely to result in the birth clashing with any time Wales are playing furious 

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:37 pm

Well, I'm off out now but will be watching the recorded Wales match about an hour delay behind. Good luck to the Welsh team and fans. Hope you lay the ghost of past disappointments and push on from here to show your real potential against the SH teams. GO WALES!!

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:45 pm

It's a beautiful sunny day in Wales. A bit cold, but very sunny. I expect the roof will be shut though as it will be dark at kick off and I expect they hang lights from the roof or something.

I also have a free ticket for the game. That never happens to me.

Sunny, free ticket, off out for an early beer from 1.30 - it's feeling like a positive sort of day! Fingers crossed.Fingers Crossed 

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:55 pm

Let's just hope the pitch can hold up with all the powerful scrummaging and blistering footwork expected to be on show. OK

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:16 pm

Griff wrote:It's a beautiful sunny day in Wales. A bit cold, but very sunny. I expect the roof will be shut though as it will be dark at kick off and I expect they hang lights from the roof or something.

I also have a free ticket for the game. That never happens to me.

Sunny, free ticket, off out for an early beer from 1.30 - it's feeling like a positive sort of day! Fingers crossed.Fingers Crossed 
Funnily enough Griff I was offered a pair of free tickets at the Os game last night, I turned them down, also late yesterday you could buy tickets for todays game through the Ospreys site.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:55 pm

Knowsit17 wrote:What a selfish couple! They should have timed it due for a month when there's no internationals scheduled. I'd have thought it commonplace policy in the Welsh camp that players be restricted to certain months where conception would be least likely to result in the birth clashing with any time Wales are playing furious 
The end of the six nations is almost exactly nine months before the last AI match...!

I am sure we can all figure out what happened.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:56 pm

Great atmosphere on the streets...

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by OzT Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:24 pm

Well hope the union lads play as well as their league counterparts. A comprehensive win for them in the final against the kiwis. So go you Wallabies, do the same!!

OzT

Back to top Go down

Post by Full Credit Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:37 pm

OzT wrote:Well hope the union lads play as well as their league counterparts. A comprehensive win for them in the final against the kiwis. So go you Wallabies, do the same!!
If only the wobblies could be as clinical as the roos.

Full Credit

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:44 pm

Looks like Ian Evans is warming up so I guess he's playing

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:54 pm

There is a distinct lack of Canary Yellow Aussie shirts in the crowd...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:57 pm

Golden wattle you mean! Smile 
We have less singers in the crowd too.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:01 pm

Go Wallabies
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Full Credit Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:03 pm

Good man Bilt!

Full Credit

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:03 pm

just wet self a bit

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:05 pm

Old bucket hands North scores a soft opportunist try. Smile 
No need for the Wallabies to panic, early days.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullsbok Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:05 pm

Bloody Wallabies embarrasing the SH since 06 Doh What the hell was that from AAC
Bullsbok
Bullsbok

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:22 pm

What a try!

Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:23 pm

incredible try. did i really hear booing?

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:23 pm

I've seen some good tries this afternoon that was brilliant to.

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:24 pm

anyone for tennis?

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:27 pm

Not many welsh rugby fans clapped that try, remember guys this is a friendly
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:31 pm

quinsforever wrote:anyone for tennis?
at least we might be able to retain a tennis ball by putting it in our pockets ffs

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:34 pm

Scratch wrote:
quinsforever wrote:anyone for tennis?
at least we might be able to retain a tennis ball by putting it in our pockets ffs

competitive it certainly is, but a lot of kicking and a lot of turnovers and penalties. bit frantic so far both sides.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:38 pm

like watching 7s with 30 players!

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:39 pm

How often have Australia bust the gain line this half? They should be well ahead but are making soft mistakes.

Last edited by BigTrevsbigmac on Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:39 pm

australia looking lethal. never seen q cooper play better in an intl game. wales need to hold strong and kick less

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:40 pm

Please god let it be halftime already.

Wales have barely had possession, partly because our lineout is shambolic. The defence is creaking to say the least.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by madmaccas Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:40 pm

Wow cracking game. Can't believe how many chances Australia have squandered! Definitely the better team ATM but Wales are somehow still ahead - good on em.

madmaccas

http://www.scotlandrugbynews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:40 pm

Watching this, makes me think Robbie Deans was a fool. Cooper's natural ability is stunning

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:42 pm

finally, after all those bombed tries.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:43 pm

Great tackling from Wales but the inevitable try comes

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:43 pm

Argggg,

were doomed.

Wales need to hold possession of the next 10 minutes.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:44 pm

Folau is immense

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:44 pm

No scrums and a defense full of holes. I wonder if Barnes has forgotten scrummaging is central to our game

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullsbok Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:44 pm

Folau is a monster !! And those where massive hits from Hibbard and north
Bullsbok
Bullsbok

Back to top Go down

Post by Hookisms and Hyperbole Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:45 pm

If Australia cut out the basic errors in this match they would be out of sight. Folau demonstrating what being a world class player actually means. A class apart.

Hookisms and Hyperbole

Back to top Go down

Post by Engine#4 Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:45 pm

Excellent game, Cooper is unplayable today. Did I see Phillips having a little stamp on him about 5mins ago? Some huge tackles coming in from the Welsh - especially those two there!

Engine#4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next