The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New European Rugby cup (or whatever it is called) - Qualification agreed

+57
Rugby Fan
Golden
maestegmafia
XR
whocares
bedfordwelsh
mbernz
timhen
hawalsh
littlejohn
GFD
blackcanelion
HammerofThunor
The Saint
madmaccas
Welshmushroom
TJ
profitius
wolfball
demosthenes
Notch
wayne
Big
Artful_Dodger
geoff999rugby
nth
Exiledinborders
BigTrevsbigmac
markb
niwatts
Totalflanker
Feckless Rogue
Poorfour
monwy
andyi
Casartelli
stub
gelodge
LeinsterFan4life
ME-109
broadlandboy
butterfingers
Standulstermen
George Carlin
geoff998rugby
Sin é
thebandwagonsociety
Scrumpy
Jenifer McLadyboy
Kingshu
Dubbelyew L Overate
SecretFly
mystiroakey
beshocked
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
quinsforever
Gibson
61 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

New European Rugby cup (or whatever it is called) - Qualification agreed - Page 10 Empty New European Rugby cup (or whatever it is called) - Qualification agreed

Post by Gibson Tue 19 Nov 2013, 2:30 pm

First topic message reminder :

But didn't the WRU and its regions capitulate and join their English Masters? Have they done a U-turn now? Looks like it.

Unless they want to hype up the Low Value Cup...
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

New European Rugby cup (or whatever it is called) - Qualification agreed - Page 10 Empty Re: New European Rugby cup (or whatever it is called) - Qualification agreed

Post by stub Thu 21 Nov 2013, 9:14 pm

butterfingers wrote:
stub wrote:
butterfingers wrote:
stub wrote:
geoff999rugby wrote:The Welsh news surprises me - how can the Regions survive without WRU support?

The WRU could be brutal and enter the 4 top league sides in the Pro 12 and it would then be goodbye Regions
Couldn't they just take their players and join PRL? Genuine question.
Would they be ring fenced, or start in championship?

Which players could they convince to go with, surely there are 6 or so internationals at each club who would be better served staying in Wales.

How would the PRL fund the regions? What would their slice of the pie be?

Way too many problems I think.
Can't see there would be any shortage of funding TBH. Plus think that it would add huge amounts of value in terms of extra international spice. Wouldn't Welsh national side still want it's best player regardless of where they play - plenty in France anyhow? Lots of problems for sure Butterfingers but also lots of potential reward...
This will sound a bit childish but I think the prem is great as is, Welsh clubs using it as a warming and testing station wouldn't add to our experience!
Don't quite understand that - if the Welsh were in it then they would be in it to win. I have never known a Welsh side not to want to beat an English one. It would certainly be a spectacle IMO.

stub

Back to top Go down

New European Rugby cup (or whatever it is called) - Qualification agreed - Page 10 Empty Re: New European Rugby cup (or whatever it is called) - Qualification agreed

Post by mystiroakey Thu 21 Nov 2013, 9:14 pm

Yep either come in for the long haul or dont.

There is just to much faffing about within European rugby.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfingers Thu 21 Nov 2013, 9:18 pm

stub wrote:
butterfingers wrote:
stub wrote:
butterfingers wrote:
stub wrote:
geoff999rugby wrote:The Welsh news surprises me - how can the Regions survive without WRU support?

The WRU could be brutal and enter the 4 top league sides in the Pro 12 and it would then be goodbye Regions

Which players could they convince to go with, surely there are 6 or so internationals at each club who would be better served staying in Wales.

Can't see there would be any shortage of funding TBH. Plus think that it would add huge amounts of value in terms of extra international spice. Wouldn't Welsh national side still want it's best player regardless of where they play - plenty in France anyhow? Lots of problems for sure Butterfingers but also lots of potential reward...
This will sound a bit childish but I think the prem is great as is, Welsh clubs using it as a warming and testing station wouldn't add to our experience!
Don't quite understand that - if the Welsh were in it then they would be in it to win. I have never known a Welsh side not to want to beat an English one. It would certainly be a spectacle IMO.
But at present what do they add to the Rabo or HC? They are middling and non competitive with sides like Zebre, their funding options would have to be massively improved to afford squads to compete, and why would the WRU want more non WQ players playing in their regions?!

butterfingers

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 21 Nov 2013, 9:21 pm

Notch wrote:
quinsforever wrote:
Notch wrote:They don't have to, but they do have to listen to the other four out of six Unions who want this- or go their own way for good, leave Rugby Union.
why? please explain. who is the "they" that you are referring to?
The French and English. I become more and more convinced that the best solution is for private French and English clubs to form their own competitions, external to the IRB, with players in those competitions ineligible for international rugby whilst we focus on coming up with the pan-European structure that best prepares us for test rugby.
Love it.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Thu 21 Nov 2013, 9:23 pm

butterfingers wrote:
stub wrote:
butterfingers wrote:
stub wrote:
butterfingers wrote:
stub wrote:

But at present what do they add to the Rabo or HC? They are middling and non competitive with sides like Zebre, their funding options would have to be massively improved to afford squads to compete, and why would the WRU want more non WQ players playing in their regions?!
See you point... But the Welsh could be better funded in the AP and RCC (if it exists!) with the fabled BT money. I know we're into realms of ifs and buts and maybes again but perhaps this offers Welsh teams the opportunity to hold on to their premium players. LOTS of problems though.

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfball Thu 21 Nov 2013, 9:24 pm

Gibson wrote:
Notch wrote:
quinsforever wrote:
Notch wrote:They don't have to, but they do have to listen to the other four out of six Unions who want this- or go their own way for good, leave Rugby Union.
The French and English. I become more and more convinced that the best solution is for private French and English clubs to form their own competitions, external to the IRB, with players in those competitions ineligible for international rugby whilst we focus on coming up with the pan-European structure that best prepares us for test rugby.
Love it.
We should have a baker's dozen of rugby codes... Schisms upon schisms, put Reformation era Christianity to shame we would...

wolfball

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 21 Nov 2013, 9:27 pm

Totalflanker wrote:My reading, the ERC, quite rightly are leaving the door open to the RFU and PRL, to hopefully get them back in (and they do want them in) - the concession being that they will change the name if needs be, but not the governance principals. In return the price of entry is a very public climb down from all of McCaffrey musings. Just a question of whether their egos will allow or is McCaffrey the one who has to fall on his sword?
Right on. He must be gone before next seasons round of talks between the ERC and the PRL (that's what its come down to folks). He missed the boat completely. Was a disaster at negotiation, or even an attempt at any form of conciliation. Totally screwed up in building up a false perception that his deal was a done deal. The sheer arrogance of it.

Sorry Caff, but...  

Byeeeeeeeeeee!
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Nov 2013, 9:31 pm

wolfball wrote:
Gibson wrote:
Notch wrote:
quinsforever wrote:
Love it.
We should have a baker's dozen of rugby codes... Schisms upon schisms, put Reformation era Christianity to shame we would...
We wouldn't be doing anything. It's the clubs that breakaway which would be operating under a new code at their own volition.

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfingers Thu 21 Nov 2013, 9:33 pm

stub wrote:
butterfingers wrote:
stub wrote:
butterfingers wrote:
stub wrote:
butterfingers wrote:
stub wrote:

See you point... But the Welsh could be better funded in the AP and RCC (if it exists!) with the fabled BT money. I know we're into realms of ifs and buts and maybes again but perhaps this offers Welsh teams the opportunity to hold on to their premium players. LOTS of problems though.
But if this is all under the heading of the PRL then why would the WRU allow/agree to it? The PRL recently pulled the plug on Paul James through sheer spite, why would they want to get into bed with that kind of organisation?

If let's say the regions were better funded and could afford better squads, they will want to win as much as poss, and whats to facilitate that better, a small squad of premium priced welsh internationals, or a large squad of SH mercinaries?

butterfingers

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Thu 21 Nov 2013, 9:40 pm

butterfingers wrote:
stub wrote:
butterfingers wrote:
stub wrote:
butterfingers wrote:
stub wrote:
butterfingers wrote:
stub wrote:

But if this is all under the heading of the PRL then why would the WRU allow/agree to it? The PRL recently pulled the plug on Paul James through sheer spite, why would they want to get into bed with that kind of organisation?

If let's say the regions were better funded and could afford better squads, they will want to win as much as poss, and whats to facilitate that better, a small squad of premium priced welsh internationals, or a large squad of SH mercinaries?
Yep - that bold bit is definitely not helpful! Was it the work of PRL though or just Bath? Still not helpful. As to Welsh or SH well, in reality it would be a mixture but if it keeps a few more Welsh players back then that's useful. As to WRU allowing it well I'm sure you're right and they'd not be at all happy but this discussion started from Welsh Regions kind of doing their own thing. I still think the WRU would be wanting to have a say on elite player release etc but it doesn't half get complicated...

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfingers Thu 21 Nov 2013, 9:45 pm

I like the idea of 4 welsh teams in a 16 team prem, but the reality is far more mirky than exciting.

butterfingers

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 21 Nov 2013, 9:58 pm

It would still need IRB and WRU approval.

The reason I feel like you are going to breakaway eventually is the PRL are still bullish about the RCC going ahead- they have sort of bet everything on it. It may go ahead but the IRB will not approve it so it will cause a schism. Pierre Camou has the full backing of the IRB, as do the other unions. There will be sanctions. It will be messy and unnecessarily so.

I can't see this not ending up back in court.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 21 Nov 2013, 10:05 pm

why would anything like this need IRB approval!

or should i say more to the point- Why would the IRB ever block something like that

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Thu 21 Nov 2013, 10:05 pm

stub wrote:
Yep - that bold bit is definitely not helpful! Was it the work of PRL though or just Bath? Still not helpful..
the PRL - the deal was favourable for bath and wales but against PRL rules

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Thu 21 Nov 2013, 10:06 pm

There is an insurmountable hurdle tot eh welsh regions joining the AP what english teams are going to loose out or would the welsh go into a lower teir. Never going to happen

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 21 Nov 2013, 10:13 pm

mystiroakey wrote:why would anything like this need IRB approval!

or should i say more to the point- Why would the IRB ever block something like that
Because they subscribe to the same model of rugby as the rest of us- the Unions are in charge of organising cross-border competitions. That is their stance- that there should be a cross-border competition and it should be organised by the Unions. IF the Unions give consent for a different model fair enough but they clearly aren't.

If the RCC goes ahead it will not be an IRB sanctioned tournament which will cause a fundamental schism in rugby union that may take years to repair. It will be a disaster for the sport. But the last few months have shown that there will be no compromise from the PRL on governance- they only have one card left to play, and it's the legal card. A legal challenge to the IRB itself.

Last edited by Notch on Thu 21 Nov 2013, 10:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Thu 21 Nov 2013, 10:13 pm

Kerry Packer....mark 2...the end

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by broadlandboy Thu 21 Nov 2013, 10:23 pm

Just a thought but does anybody knows how much the WRU put into the Regions would compare to how much they would put in if they entered into a similar deal with PRL as the RFU have?

broadlandboy

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Thu 21 Nov 2013, 10:24 pm

Notch wrote:

Because they subscribe to the same model of rugby as the rest of us- the Unions are in charge of organising cross-border competitions. That is their stance- that there should be a cross-border competition and it should be organised by the Unions. IF the Unions give consent for a different model fair enough but they clearly aren't.

If the RCC goes ahead it will not be an IRB sanctioned tournament which will cause a fundamental schism in rugby union that may take years to repair. It will be a disaster for the sport. But the last few months have shown that there will be no compromise from the PRL on governance- they only have one card left to play, and it's the legal card. A legal challenge to the IRB itself.
technically, welsh regions playing in the AP is not a cross border competition. it's still the AP. it's like welsh football teams playing in the english premier league. there are welsh leagues administered by the welsh FA. but not swansea and cardiff. it would really put the cat among the pigeons but as long as they are overseen in this competition by A union (RFU) then it would be legitimate. would cause the mother of all poopstorms though. makes me laugh thinking about the outrage on welsh boards if that ever came to pass!

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Thu 21 Nov 2013, 10:29 pm

Well this is much as I feared and predicted. Despite the rabo unions going far further than i thought they should have done on structure of the comp and finances to try to keep the PRL on side the PRL have continued to refuse to compromise at all so their bluff has finally been called. Ball is in your court PRL. the RCC is not going to happen.

Its a real shame the English clubs and fans look like missing out because of the egos of a few chairmen but at the end of the day the unions must remain in control of rugby for the sake of the game.

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfingers Thu 21 Nov 2013, 10:31 pm

quinsforever wrote:
Notch wrote:

technically, welsh regions playing in the AP is not a cross border competition. it's still the AP. it's like welsh football teams playing in the english premier league. there are welsh leagues administered  by the welsh FA. but not swansea and cardiff. it would really put the cat among the pigeons but as long as they are overseen in this competition by A union (RFU) then it would be legitimate. would cause the mother of all poopstorms though. makes me laugh thinking about the outrage on welsh boards if that ever came to pass!
Can you imagine?

Would they still be based in South Wales though? Do they all own their own stadia? Or would they move to alternative locations in England? Would they not just be new English regions?

butterfingers

Back to top Go down

Post by Welshmushroom Thu 21 Nov 2013, 10:31 pm

So from what I gather from the news bits this week its looking like this:-

PRL & LFR to go ahead with their FRA/ENG tournament (which top 14 sides is unclear as Toulon's Boss mentioned he may choose to stay in the HC regardless). Either way from what I gather PRL can't join the ERC again due to the clauses in their contract with BT. TOP 14 sides are still free to do whatever they want. My question in all of this is "if the French pull out and join the ERC after all, will the BT deal not only prevent the PRL from joining next season but for the entire length of its contract with them?" I would have thought so. They will also need a Union to sign off on this. The RFU will probably give their approval so this shouldn't be an issue.

The ERC looks like they will continue and probably with the current sponsor packages intact if they secure French teams. Rumours are the FFR have a couple of TOP14 teams in their pockets could be true. I think possibly more likely this is an opportunity for the FFR to launch pre-made teams into the competition. They know that on a National level the TOP14 is killing their ability to compete at the highest level and its only going to get worse before it gets better. They are looking at central contracts for leading French players and if they do go ahead I would imagine they would probably enter their own teams of French players into the ERC. If that happens we could see a far more level playing field as the French sides will be governed by quotas.

So if both go ahead its probably fair to say that only one will survive in the long run. Hard to say which at this stage. ERC was never going to fold despite McCafferty's overtures because there are to many sponsors tied to it. Sky and Heineken are the big 2 but there are dozens of other sponsors involved with it. It was never as clear cut as BT vs Sky money. I do think though that one has to fail because I cant see 2 tandem European cups working.

The bigger question for me is, will this affect the national teams at all? Because neither competition is going to be anywhere near the standard HC rugby is at now. So will the reduced quality of games cause home unions players to be less well prepared for international rugby? Could be really bad timing for NH sides for the World Cup in my opinion.

Welshmushroom

Back to top Go down

Post by Welshmushroom Thu 21 Nov 2013, 10:33 pm

TJ wrote:Well this is much as I feared and predicted.  Despite the rabo unions going far further than i thought they should have done on structure of the comp and finances to try to keep the PRL on side the PRL have continued to refuse to compromise at all so their bluff has finally been called.  Ball is in your court PRL. the RCC is not going to happen.

Its a real shame the English clubs and fans look like missing out because of the egos of a few chairmen but at the end of the day the unions must remain in control of rugby for the sake of the game.
I cant agree with this - the BT deal has forced the PRL's hand. Even if they want to, they cant sign. Had the ERC agreed most of these terms last year then we probably wouldn't be in this mess. Blame has to lie with both sides here.

Welshmushroom

Back to top Go down

Post by madmaccas Thu 21 Nov 2013, 10:34 pm

Ha ha this is brilliant. Looks like the PRL have got just what they deserve. They left in 99' and then came crawling back the following season. Well done to the unions, the PRL refused to negotiate or compromise and now their bluff has been called.

madmaccas

http://www.scotlandrugbynews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Nov 2013, 10:37 pm

quinsforever wrote:
Notch wrote:

technically, welsh regions playing in the AP is not a cross border competition. it's still the AP. it's like welsh football teams playing in the english premier league. there are welsh leagues administered  by the welsh FA. but not swansea and cardiff. it would really put the cat among the pigeons but as long as they are overseen in this competition by A union (RFU) then it would be legitimate. would cause the mother of all poopstorms though. makes me laugh thinking about the outrage on welsh boards if that ever came to pass!
The Welsh site I visit mostly would be very much in favour of joining the AP. I don't know if the WRU would sanction a move, but if there's truth in the story that Lewis wants rid of the regions then I can't see why he would oppose it. Rabo might oppose it. Would the RFU sanction it? Maybe if PRL put pressure on them, and PRL may do so if it means having another 4 teams to enter into their breakaway cup. They would have to cover the RRW loss on leaving the WRU which is around £6million. The problem with all that is, of course, any breakaway cup would be under a new code, and so RFU couldn't take them under their wing. Or could they?

Last edited by Munchkin on Thu 21 Nov 2013, 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Welshmushroom Thu 21 Nov 2013, 10:40 pm

If I am totally honest part of me is hoping for the FFR to bring squads of centrally contracted French players to the ERC tournament. For years the Pro 12 sides have had to compete with the French and English who do not abide by player quotas. Sure everyone wants to see the best talent on show but there as to be a limit. Toulon barely fielded a Frenchman in last years final. That cant be right.

Welshmushroom

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Thu 21 Nov 2013, 10:40 pm

Welsh mushrooms - there will not be two european cups. The PRL cannot have one themselves. They have no one to play with.

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 21 Nov 2013, 10:54 pm

Welshmushroom wrote:If I am totally honest part of me is hoping for the FFR to bring squads of centrally contracted French players to the ERC tournament.  For years the Pro 12 sides have had to compete with the French and English who do not abide by player quotas.  Sure everyone wants to see the best talent on show but there as to be a limit.  Toulon barely fielded a Frenchman in last years final.  That cant be right.  
Same as that. There's something really wrong at the heart of it when Clermont and Toulon can be in the Final and the French national team can be so, so poor.

The whole point of everything in rugby is to prepare for the international test matches, thats the pinnacle of the game and everything builds towards it, and it almost seems like in France and England the middle tier of rugby is working against the national side- that can't be right.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 21 Nov 2013, 10:56 pm

ME-109 wrote:Kerry Packer....mark 2...the end
Its heading that way. I bet McCafferty is banging his head off invisible walls right now. Mammy told him he was a winner when he was a babe and he believed her. Bless.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Thu 21 Nov 2013, 10:59 pm

Notch wrote:
Welshmushroom wrote:If I am totally honest part of me is hoping for the FFR to bring squads of centrally contracted French players to the ERC tournament.  For years the Pro 12 sides have had to compete with the French and English who do not abide by player quotas.  Sure everyone wants to see the best talent on show but there as to be a limit.  Toulon barely fielded a Frenchman in last years final.  That cant be right.  
Same as that. There's something really wrong at the heart of it when Clermont and Toulon can be in the Final and the French national team can be so, so poor.

The whole point of everything in rugby is to prepare for the international test matches, thats the pinnacle of the game and everything builds towards it, and it almost seems like in France and England the middle tier of rugby is working against the national side- that can't be right.
for you it is. or are you saying everyone must feel that way?

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 21 Nov 2013, 11:00 pm

Notch wrote:

The IRB's main objective should be to grow the game.

Givingt clubs more control aids this over unions constantly trying to keep a lock on what there country gets..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 21 Nov 2013, 11:01 pm

Notch wrote:

Good call Mushroom. What is at stake here,  runs far deeper than the propaganda the  multifarious meejas are portraying.  

The powers that be want a European Super League. Not good for rugby.

Last edited by Gibson on Thu 21 Nov 2013, 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Thu 21 Nov 2013, 11:01 pm

WalesOnline understands the European Cup being proposed would involve the 12 Pro12 clubs, six French sides plus two others, possibly another Italian outfit and even a Spanish side.

how dross is this going to be? talk about going backwards. well at least it'll free up my weekends the year before RWC.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 21 Nov 2013, 11:05 pm

well that is nonsense quinns- and just a Rabbo cup with a few invited sides.

I would give that format a max lifetime of 1 year!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Thu 21 Nov 2013, 11:05 pm

quinsforever wrote:
Notch wrote:

for you it is. or are you saying everyone must feel that way?
Not really quins but god bless your perseverance. If the prl and lnr want to go ahead without union/irb blessing then good luck to them. Who knows what will happen next but I can't see players opting for a dead duck and the possibility of not being able to partake in irb sanctioned tournaments

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Thu 21 Nov 2013, 11:05 pm

It willbe great even wit hut the english. same as it was before.

handfing over control to the clubs willnot help grow the game mystiroakey. they want to concentrate power and money into their own hands. the only people with the interests of the wider game at heart are the unions. all the PRL are interested in is money for them

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Thu 21 Nov 2013, 11:07 pm

Gibson wrote:
ME-109 wrote:Kerry Packer....mark 2...the end
Its heading that way. I bet McCafferty is banging his head off invisible walls right now. Mammy told him he was a winner when he was a babe and he believed her. Bless.  
Deja vu all over. It will probably take a year to sort itself out, until the bottom line kicks in for the prl

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 21 Nov 2013, 11:09 pm

Unions hold the game back TJ-

they constantly demand more of the pie off the IRB as it stands. And they constantly want to lock the door on foreign talent coming into there domestic teams..

If the IRB couldn't be bullied by unions and teams worked in a more global and professional way, rugby will grow like wildfire.

The unions do not give a monkies about the wider game- they only care out themselves..

Last edited by mystiroakey on Thu 21 Nov 2013, 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Thu 21 Nov 2013, 11:09 pm

Lovely sour grapes from the PRL supporters - chaps you willbe welcome to join again next year if you can't this year.

I predicted this as the likely outcome right from the start as it was clear the PRL wanted the power and no way would they get it

the european cup is bigger than any one union. its a shame the PRL have refused to budge an inch despite getting almost everything they wanted on structure and finance they wanted control as well. I told you the PRL would be outed as the intransigent ones ans so it seems. the rest would go way beyond halfway but the PTL would not move an inch

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Thu 21 Nov 2013, 11:10 pm

mystiroakey wrote:Unions hold the game back TJ-

they constantly demand more of the pie off the IRB as it stands. And they constantly want to lock the door on foreign talent coming into there domestic teams..

If the IRB couldn't be bullied by unions and teams worked in a more global and professional way, rugby will grow like wildfire

The IRB are the unions. Its selfish club owners that hold the game back as is now obvious from this fiasco.

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu 21 Nov 2013, 11:11 pm

Quins, stop going out drinking whisky with Asbo mate. It fuzzies yer logic man. Drink whiskEy instead. OK
This, mo chara, is what its all about. Sport an ting.  Inclusion and an overriding, inbuilt  commitment to further the ideals and to spread the love of  the  game you and I both love with a passion. Inclusive not Exclusive.  Silly.

Call me a romantic or a contrary bollix,  but I'm glad the bad boys lost this particular battle. Over de focking Moon to be honest.

Rugby 1-0 Money grabbing basterds.

Last edited by Gibson on Thu 21 Nov 2013, 11:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 21 Nov 2013, 11:12 pm

Welsh regions are committed to the rabo for another 2.5 seasons.

They can't join the prem even if they wanted to.

This all ends with McCaffo playing with himself. Not that he needs the practice. Smile

Has anyone looked at the prem twitter feed? Loads of pi$$ed off English Rugby fans

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Thu 21 Nov 2013, 11:15 pm

mystiroakey wrote:well that is nonsense quinns- and just a Rabbo cup with a few invited sides.

I would give that format a max lifetime of 1 year!

that's all they've given it themselves

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by madmaccas Thu 21 Nov 2013, 11:16 pm

It may be a coincidence but I've noticed that mystiroakey and quintsforever always seem to be in agreement on every issue, and are online at the same times - always reinforcing the other's argument. chin 

madmaccas

http://www.scotlandrugbynews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 21 Nov 2013, 11:16 pm

"the european cup is bigger than any one union. its a shame the PRL have refused to budge an inch despite getting almost everything they wanted on structure and finance they wanted control as well."

you dont know this for fact in the slightest bit.

However what seems to be the case is

The prl have been asking for talks to make it fairer at the ERC- they have been refused for years.

they then quit the ERC along with France, they then signed a BT deal which was much more lucrative.

Then the ERC signed a sky deal straight away.

at that point it was game over.. The ERC couldn't live on with the English.

Then the deals came about rto split the money and spots almost equally between 3 leagues. These deals were nonsense and irrelevant because AP clubs couldn't play in the ERC after the AP signed the BT deal and the ERC signed the SKY deal.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 21 Nov 2013, 11:17 pm

madmaccas wrote:It may be a coincidence but I've noticed that mystiroakey and quintsforever always seem to be in agreement on every issue, and are online at the same times - always reinforcing the other's argument. chin 
Its a coincidence

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Thu 21 Nov 2013, 11:18 pm

Gibson wrote:Quins, stop going out drinking whisky with Asbo mate. It fuzzies yer logic man. Drink whiskEy instead. OK
This, mo chara, is what its all about. Sport an ting.  Inclusion and an overriding, inbuilt  commitment to further the ideals and to spread the love of  the  game you and I both love with a passion. Inclusive not Exclusive.  Silly.

Call me a romantic or a contrary bollix,  but I'm glad the bad boys lost this particular battle. Over de focking Moon to be honest.

Rugby 1-0 Money grabbing basterds.
actually if you had spotted my post i did make it clear that i prefer whiskEy gibbo!

some of the boys were telling me you're a bit of a legend Wink

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Thu 21 Nov 2013, 11:19 pm

mystiroakey wrote:
madmaccas wrote:It may be a coincidence but I've noticed that mystiroakey and quintsforever always seem to be in agreement on every issue, and are online at the same times - always reinforcing the other's argument. chin 
Its a coincidence
oh here we go again...

because there obviously couldnt be two people who have a similar opinion on this issue could there...picard 

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Thu 21 Nov 2013, 11:19 pm

What I've concluded from the few passages I have read this evening is that the dispute is drawing to an end and the PRL have lost. There will be compromise, such as alterations to the qualification for the european competition and perhaps a tier system. So, everyone will be happy bar Bruce Craig?

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 21 Nov 2013, 11:20 pm

quinsforever wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:
Its a coincidence
oh here we go again...

because there obviously couldnt be two people who have a similar opinion on this issue could there...picard 
I should have gone out last night mate- Would have solved this nonsense!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next