The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New European Rugby cup (or whatever it is called) - Qualification agreed

+57
Rugby Fan
Golden
maestegmafia
XR
whocares
bedfordwelsh
mbernz
timhen
hawalsh
littlejohn
GFD
blackcanelion
HammerofThunor
The Saint
madmaccas
Welshmushroom
TJ
profitius
wolfball
demosthenes
Notch
wayne
Big
Artful_Dodger
geoff999rugby
nth
Exiledinborders
BigTrevsbigmac
markb
niwatts
Totalflanker
Feckless Rogue
Poorfour
monwy
andyi
Casartelli
stub
gelodge
LeinsterFan4life
ME-109
broadlandboy
butterfingers
Standulstermen
George Carlin
geoff998rugby
Sin é
thebandwagonsociety
Scrumpy
Jenifer McLadyboy
Kingshu
Dubbelyew L Overate
SecretFly
mystiroakey
beshocked
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
quinsforever
Gibson
61 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

New European Rugby cup (or whatever it is called) - Qualification agreed - Page 3 Empty New European Rugby cup (or whatever it is called) - Qualification agreed

Post by Gibson Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:30 pm

First topic message reminder :

But didn't the WRU and its regions capitulate and join their English Masters? Have they done a U-turn now? Looks like it.

Unless they want to hype up the Low Value Cup...
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

New European Rugby cup (or whatever it is called) - Qualification agreed - Page 3 Empty Re: New European Rugby cup (or whatever it is called) - Qualification agreed

Post by SecretFly Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:48 am

mystiroakey wrote:If that's your problem SF- you should hate the fact the games are on SKY!!!

You cant have it both ways. The games are not being watched.

You should have a serious issue that your games arnt on terrestrial telly if that is your concern!
75% with SKY (as people often remind me! Wink.....................  what were PRL offering us............. 25%??  We're looking after our little pet food company...you handle yours.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

New European Rugby cup (or whatever it is called) - Qualification agreed - Page 3 Empty Re: New European Rugby cup (or whatever it is called) - Qualification agreed

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:48 am

mystiroakey wrote:How does any of that change the fact that viewing figures suck.

The problem seems to be from my pov is that- If its the English idea then we would rather cut our nose off attitude.

Look at how many more people are watching the games on BT already.

And i dont understand all this Rabbo stuff about needing guaranteed revenues- that isnt playing fair at all.

If we do something together its all our blame if it goes wrong.

Laugh 

If we run off and refuse to compromise from the word go and try to force our solution on everyone else? Who is to blame?

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff998rugby Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:48 am

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:BT has way more subscribers/potential subscribers than SKY sports.

How is this BT deal bad on any level whatsoever/

More money and larger audiences!

But we don't know the details of the deal in any shape, nor will those 'larger audiences' stick around when BT stop the 'free' service, which they must eventually to make the sums add up for their shareholders?
Exactly free service gets more viewers than chargeable service shock.

geoff998rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:49 am

Munchkin wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:Geoff- ii am not saying that at all.

But its pretty clear to me that its the way the ERC is run in the first place that should be the main focus of blame..

Take that down and start again IMO.

What ever any of you lot say- england is a huge market. Isolating us is the last thing European club rugby needs
You're right. PRL in isolation from the rest is not good for European rugby, but it's PRL that have isolated themselves. This was the predicted outcome by many fans on here, and elsewhere. If we could predict it then why couldn't PRL? Maybe they did, but took the risk of damaging European rugby, and denying their own fans the pleasure of watching their teams compete in European rugby, for a bite at the BT carrot which the Unions are not allowed to see the details of. Unions other than RFU oddly enough...
It might be a lot worse if the English teams were a bit more competitive. They haven't won the competition for a long time now. When they opted out the last time (99) they were really competitive and when they came back, English clubs dominated the competition for the next 7 or 8 years.

Didn't the English Players threaten to withdraw their services to the clubs in England when the French threatened to withdraw in '07 and the RFU/PRL were supporting the French if there was no Heineken Cup.

I'd imagine a lot of English / SH players will head to France for HCup action and maybe a few Scottish & Welsh players heading back home again.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:49 am

quinsforever wrote:

But its pretty clear to me that its the way the ERC is run in the first place that should be the main focus of blame..

What ever any of you lot say- england is a huge market. Isolating us is the last thing European club rugby needs
I think that it's the TV deals and not governance that are the stumbling blocks. It feels like, from Rog Lewis's statement that it has to be within ERC, Camou's statement likewise, that there is something other than governance. I think its something about the SKY deal that has fupped the ability of the unions to go elsewhere. Just as the BT deal, once PRL withdrew from ERC, doesnt allow them to go back to ERC.

otherwise they could just dissolve ERC, go with the BT contract, and set up whatever governance worked for everyone.

doesnt matter really anymore. a chasm is a chasm, for whatever reason. But i know who i see as the villains of this piece - JP Lux and the FFR who overrode their clubs to force him to be re-elected. Had Peter Wheeler got elected, PRL and LNR would have had no option but to work on their agenda within the confines of the ERC. Once Lux the stonewaller got it, there was only going to be one outcome. Camou/Lapasset nepotism is why we are here. Nothing more, nothing less.
alternatively, they could dissolve the ERC, find a way that both BT and Sky can live as uncomfortable bedfellows for TV rights, but neither side is willing to give on governance - that sounds more likely to me?

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:49 am

SecretFly wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:How does any of that change the fact that viewing figures suck.

The problem seems to be from my pov is that- If its the English idea then we would rather cut our nose off attitude.

Look at how many more people are watching the games on BT already.

And i dont understand all this Rabbo stuff about needing guaranteed revenues- that isnt playing fair at all.

If we do something together its all our blame if it goes wrong.
But your whole attitude continues along the PRL one, mystir..

It always goes something like this:

"Look, we don't want to appear like we're talking down to minor roleplayers in the great rugby Union club world...but, we're talking down to minor role players in the great rugby union club world.  This sport needs to get its azz off the floor.  We in England know how to get sports off their azzes.  We know what we're doing.  So just shut it, sell us your rights, we'll ensure you get a good money deal, we'll call the shots, we'll make up the rules, we'll sell sponsorship, we'll tell you what to do, say and think.... you be quiet, don't speak up to your betters and just play the game where we say you should be playing it; which is probably down in tier two or three of any European contest.  We'll decide where we'll put you when you sign the contract we're not letting you look at."
Maybe a little bit dude..

But why is everything so half assed at the moment.

You are not complaining about selling your soul to the SKY devil when it comes to some money at the massive expense of accessible rugby. BUt you dont want to go the whole hog do you!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:50 am

mystiroakey wrote:If that's your problem SF- you should hate the fact the games are on SKY!!!

You should have a serious issue that your games arnt on terrestrial telly if that is your concern!
You obviously only read the posts that suit you. I addressed this way up the page

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:50 am

Sin é wrote:
beshocked wrote:Geoff well evidently Ulster aren't a particularly big draw on TV. From what you've said obviously Ulster have decent attendances and good travel support but this doesn't convert into viewing figures.

Obviously to UK viewers - Ulster-Leicester is not seen as a particularly popular game for whatever reason. Neither is Connacht-Sarries.

Going by the popularity of the Sarries-Toulouse game in terms of viewing figures and attendance at the match, it's evident that Sarries do have some drawing power. On a Friday night I should add. It would be a game more neutrals/casual fans would take an interest in.

Cannot explain Leicester though they did have almost 20,000 at the Treviso match at home which would have cut into their viewing figures. There's not going to be much interest in that match as a neutral on tv.
The point remains that clubs like Toulon, Munster, Leinster and the Ospreys are a huge tv draw that BT would love to have in a competition that they are broadcasting.

In an interview with Sean Fitzpatrick in one SH newspaper, he made the random comment that the games that people want to watch are 'Munster v Toulouse' (even though Munster isn't a top team at the moment playing wise).

Successful teams will be a draw - I saw a quote from Mick Dawson (Leinster CEO) saying that Leinster have quadrupled their turnover since winning the Heineken Cup.

The fact that you wouldn't have known that Craig Clarke is a pretty unique guy to have on your team playing in Europe - captaining back to back Super Rugby titles for the Chiefs - just suggests that you are a little insular in your rugby knowledge.
Oh because I don't happen to watch Super rugby that makes me insular? That's rubbish. It's just not something I watch because I don't have sky.

If he's so good and valuable why couldn't he get a NZ cap?

Connacht's most well known player in the UK is Dan Parks. He has over 50 caps for his country.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:51 am

mystiroakey wrote:
You are not complaining about selling your soul to the SKY devil when it comes to some money at the massive expense of accessible rugby. BUt you dont want to go the whole hog do you!
Again. I refer you to my previous post on this very issue.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:52 am

quinsforever wrote:

I think that it's the TV deals and not governance that are the stumbling blocks. It feels like, from Rog Lewis's statement that it has to be within ERC, Camou's statement likewise, that there is something other than governance. I think its something about the SKY deal that has fupped the ability of the unions to go elsewhere. Just as the BT deal, once PRL withdrew from ERC, doesnt allow them to go back to ERC.

otherwise they could just dissolve ERC, go with the BT contract, and set up whatever governance worked for everyone.

doesnt matter really anymore. a chasm is a chasm, for whatever reason. But i know who i see as the villains of this piece - JP Lux and the FFR who overrode their clubs to force him to be re-elected. Had Peter Wheeler got elected, PRL and LNR would have had no option but to work on their agenda within the confines of the ERC. Once Lux the stonewaller got it, there was only going to be one outcome. Camou/Lapasset nepotism is why we are here. Nothing more, nothing less.
It's governance. The TV deals are a huge factor in this debacle though. PRL signed a BT contract for a competition that doesn't exist. ERC signed for a competition that very much exists, and is very much a proven success.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:54 am

beshocked wrote:
Oh because I don't happen to watch Super rugby that makes me insular? That's rubbish.  It's just not something I watch because I don't have sky.
I think you will find that not having Sky is far from the only thing that makes you insular.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:57 am

beshocked wrote:
Sin é wrote:
beshocked wrote:Geoff well evidently Ulster aren't a particularly big draw on TV. From what you've said obviously Ulster have decent attendances and good travel support but this doesn't convert into viewing figures.

Obviously to UK viewers - Ulster-Leicester is not seen as a particularly popular game for whatever reason. Neither is Connacht-Sarries.

Going by the popularity of the Sarries-Toulouse game in terms of viewing figures and attendance at the match, it's evident that Sarries do have some drawing power. On a Friday night I should add. It would be a game more neutrals/casual fans would take an interest in.

Cannot explain Leicester though they did have almost 20,000 at the Treviso match at home which would have cut into their viewing figures. There's not going to be much interest in that match as a neutral on tv.
The point remains that clubs like Toulon, Munster, Leinster and the Ospreys are a huge tv draw that BT would love to have in a competition that they are broadcasting.

In an interview with Sean Fitzpatrick in one SH newspaper, he made the random comment that the games that people want to watch are 'Munster v Toulouse' (even though Munster isn't a top team at the moment playing wise).

Successful teams will be a draw - I saw a quote from Mick Dawson (Leinster CEO) saying that Leinster have quadrupled their turnover since winning the Heineken Cup.

The fact that you wouldn't have known that Craig Clarke is a pretty unique guy to have on your team playing in Europe - captaining back to back Super Rugby titles for the Chiefs - just suggests that you are a little insular in your rugby knowledge.
Oh because I don't happen to watch Super rugby that makes me insular? That's rubbish.  It's just not something I watch because I don't have sky.

Connacht's most well known player in the UK is Dan Parks. He has over 50 caps for his country.
What makes you insular is the fact that you think if you don't know who they are, they are not worth looking at.
I'd imagine that some people in the UK (like the Welsh & Scots) know who Clarke is.

(by the way, I would think that Gavin Duffy would be well known in England).
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:57 am

munchkin you've been pretty balanced recently, up until that last post...

if you're going to put it that way, then i would say...

PRL sourced a 50% financial improvement for a future tournament that would be fairer, more meritocratic, more competitive and more compelling viewing.

ERC strapped a grenade to its chest and tied strings from the pin to each of the unions...

Run 

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:58 am

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:

You obviously only read the posts that suit you. I addressed this way up the page
I am not talking to you !!

SF = secretfly Wink

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:58 am

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
beshocked wrote:
I think you will find that not having Sky is far from the only thing that makes you insular.
That's uncalled for jenifer. Rather be insular than a sanctimonious prat like you.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:00 pm

SecretFly wrote:

75% with SKY (as people often remind me! Wink.....................  what were PRL offering us............. 25%??  We're looking after our little pet food company...you handle yours.
no 75% do not have sky sports,

and even if they did(they dont!!) to only achieve the viewing figures they do for these sports tells us something is seriously wrong!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:02 pm

quinsforever wrote:munchkin you've been pretty balanced recently, up until that last post...

PRL sourced a 50% financial improvement for a future tournament that would be fairer, more meritocratic, more competitive and more compelling viewing.

ERC strapped a grenade to its chest and tied strings from the pin to each of the unions...

Run 
Yep, the ERC totally outplayed the PRL. Rolling Eyes 
The PRL should be get rid of McCaff and get Derek McGrath on the job for them. Wink 
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:03 pm

beshocked wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
beshocked wrote:
That's uncalled for jenifer. Rather be insular than a sanctimonious prat like you.
Says the chief of sanctimonious...

Anyhow looks like its all over bar the shouting...HC without the English clubs according to the Telegraph today....Same as before...

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:03 pm

mystiroakey wrote:

If the whole Hog is PRL ownership of the IRFU, Munster, Leinster, Ulster and Connacht.... doing the deals for them, telling them where they're playing, telling them who their sponsors are etc etc............... then Yeah, it's a clear and distinct No to that Wink
The joke is that the PRL seem bamboozled that such a reaction hit them? Why does none of these little fart nations and rugby teams want us to own them???

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:05 pm

SF- I wouldn't argue if someone went above my head and contacted my Bank and brought down my interest rates.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:05 pm

mystiroakey wrote:
SecretFly wrote:

no 75% do not have sky sports,

and even if they did(they dont!!) to only achieve the viewing figures they do for these sports tells us something is seriously wrong!
????? On the booze this morning, Mystir? You're obsessed with viewing figures. That percentage was a particpatory one, not a 'bums on seats' one.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:05 pm

beshocked wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
beshocked wrote:
Laugh 

I have been called many things. That is a first. I'll take it as a compliment... I think.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:06 pm

Sin é wrote:
beshocked wrote:
Sin é wrote:

What makes you insular is the fact that you think if you don't know who they are, they are not worth looking at.
I'd imagine that some people in the UK (like the Welsh & Scots) know who Clarke is.

(by the way, I would think that Gavin Duffy would be well known in England).
Look my original point is that Connacht have barely any well known players with the most well known being Dan Parks (I am talking about in the UK by the way, didn't realise I have to be so specific). People are naturally drawn towards those that they recognise. This is generally in higher profile matches like internationals. This is Craig Clarke's first season in Europe, he might have an impressive reputation in NZ but this is the NH.

I am sure Craig Clarke is a very good player but to a UK audience he is relatively unknown. That's pretty natural. Perhaps I have should articulated in a different manner but my point stands.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by broadlandboy Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:07 pm

ERC also sold the rights for a comp that didn't exist as PRL/LNR had given notice that they wouldn't re-sign the accord to continue. So unless the ERC/Sky deal was only for Rabo Union participation they did nothing different to PRL

broadlandboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:08 pm

mystiroakey wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:

I am not talking to you !!

SF = secretfly Wink
Yeah. I've seen that tactic before. Someone makes a point you can't handle so ignoring it is the best way of dealing with it.

It helps if you don't constantly refer to the thing for several posts afterwards though. Wink 

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:09 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
beshocked wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
beshocked wrote:
Laugh 

I have been called many things. That is a first. I'll take it as a compliment... I think.
Well you should take it as a compliment as you're wumming worked. I don't appreciate you butting in on a discussion that has nothing to do with you. I am talking to sin e, not you, so I respectfully say please don't butt in. If you have a problem with me then pm me and we can work out our differences but don't gang up on me.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:10 pm

ME-109 wrote:
Anyhow looks like its all over bar the shouting...HC without the English clubs according to the Telegraph today....Same as before...
Munster Micko's comment is a classic!

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:10 pm

mystiroakey wrote:SF- I wouldn't argue if someone went above my head and contacted my Bank and brought down my interest rates.

You'd love an Orwellian world of mass obedience and conformity, methinks. Ah well, I'm afraid we'd always be on extremely different sides of the battlements in that global war

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:12 pm

beshocked wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
beshocked wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
beshocked wrote:
Laugh 

Well you should take it as a compliment as you're wumming worked. I don't appreciate you butting in on a discussion that has nothing to do with you. I am talking to sin e, not you, so I respectfully say please don't butt in. If you have a problem with me then pm me and we can work out our differences but don't gang up on me.
Don't flatter yourself. I have no problem with you.

Don't post on a public forum if you don't want other people's views. I would have thought that would be obvious, even to people who..like...often miss obvious things.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:13 pm

quinsforever wrote:munchkin you've been pretty balanced recently, up until that last post...

Run 
Don't be saying I'm balanced now, quins. I have a reputation to uphold king 

All I'm saying is that ERC continued business as usual. The BT deal? Well that really was for a competition that doesn't exist, and a deal that PRL/BT refuse to reveal the details of. Why would anyone be fool enough to sign up to that? Would you?

Back to top Go down

Post by broadlandboy Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:13 pm

The ERC only outplayed the PRL if the ERC objective was to have a comp without PRL involvement

broadlandboy

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:16 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
beshocked wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
beshocked wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
beshocked wrote:
Laugh 

Don't flatter yourself. I have no problem with you.

Don't post on a public forum if you don't want other people's views. I would have thought that would be obvious, even to people who..like...often miss obvious things.
Well he did make the sanctimonious posting about well done to Connacht and that they had to prove something to "him" for some reason as a Sarries supporter and didn't like it when he was told he was being a sanctimonious so and so....seemed surprised with that as well...better to just agree with him

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:16 pm

beshocked wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
beshocked wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
beshocked wrote:
Laugh 

they're just "isolating" you beshocked. twas ever thus to be english. english clubs. english fans. woe is us. Smile

it is a forum mate, i have to say that butting in would be a strange concept on a forum.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:18 pm

Could all us santimonious prats just keep a lid on things and try to keep things right peaceable Wink

It's obviously approaching end-game on this topic and nerves and emotions are at their highest.  Many people have made claims and counter claims here over the months, and embarrassment has shifted from one side to another as the 'negotiations' (with nobody talking to each other in the boardrooms!!) continued. The rattiness is to be expected at this moment in time

signed: Sanctimonious Prat

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:19 pm

quinsforever wrote:
AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:
quinsforever wrote:
geoff998rugby wrote:By the way been told 1 PRL chairman has admitted privately the game is up and that there will be a HC without the Englsih next year - cant say which one for obvious reasons
sad, but its the most likely outcome. reaffirms that the PRL won't join ERC again, no matter what.

good luck to everyone else in the HC next season!
Wonder if any AP clubs would consider sticking two fingers up to the PRL and making themselves available?
Naughty ASBO...so you get to watch Exeter play in HC, and break apart the PRL? win, win for you i reckon Smile
Doubt it would happen.  Exeter finally became full members of PRL last year so they get the percentage of tv money (but not as much the others due to top ups given to long established Jeff sides.

Are there any teams in the Jeff at minute who are not part of the PRL.

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:20 pm

broadlandboy wrote:The ERC only outplayed the PRL if the ERC objective was to have a comp without PRL involvement
The objective was to have a European comp controlled by the Unions. Fullstop.

Bearing in mind the financial state of most of the English clubs, the PRL really talk a load of Poopie.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:25 pm

me-109 how is saying well done Connacht being sanctimonious. I was giving credit when it was due. Connacht gave us a mighty scare despite being underdogs. They could have and should have won the match. I admired their fight - they had injuries,poor form etc but really fought tooth and nail.

I felt they had something to prove to me and they did.

Jenifer not sure how calling me insular adds anything whatsoever to the discussion. Perhaps you think it's a particularly constructive comment but it has nothing to do with rugby.

Secretfly I suppose you are right. We are all sanctimonious prats - believing we are right even when we are wrong - I am guilty of that I admit but I am not alone.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:33 pm

beshocked wrote:
Jenifer not sure how calling me insular adds anything whatsoever to the discussion. Perhaps you think it's a particularly constructive comment but it has nothing to do with rugby.
Jaysis man. Keep up willyah.

I didn't call you insular. I merely agreed with someone who did.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:33 pm

SecretFly wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:SF- I wouldn't argue if someone went above my head and contacted my Bank and brought down my interest rates.

You'd love an Orwellian world of mass obedience and conformity, methinks.  Ah well, I'm afraid we'd always be on extremely different sides of the battlements in that global war
No I just like making and saving  money and I am not to proud to accept when someone else knows best

Very capitalist me dude

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff998rugby Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:36 pm

Trouble is they are also restricting your access to your account and asking you to sign a contract that lets them do what they like going forward.
Overall not a good deal

geoff998rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:36 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
beshocked wrote:

Not sure how that helps either. Just keep onto the topic of rugby will you?

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:39 pm

geoff998rugby wrote:

Trouble is they are also restricting your access to your account and asking you to sign a contract that lets them do what they like going forward.
Overall not a good deal
ermm... dont bite the hand that is gonna feed you dude..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:41 pm

mystiroakey wrote:
SecretFly wrote:

You'd love an Orwellian world of mass obedience and conformity, methinks.  Ah well, I'm afraid we'd always be on extremely different sides of the battlements in that global war
No I just like making and saving  money and I am not to proud to accept when someone else knows best

Very capitalist me dude
Imperialism isn't capitalism....
"Someone else knows best" is usually the rallying cry of Imperialists, directed at the 'littlelings'.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:44 pm

beshocked wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
beshocked wrote:

The one you strayed from because I pointed out one of the gaps in your rugby knowledge? Smile 

It's getting boring now. I'm out.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:44 pm

i'm the only non-sanctimonious poster here. i pity the rest of you.

Run 

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:47 pm

SecretFly wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:
SecretFly wrote:

Very capitalist me dude
"Someone else knows best" is usually the rallying cry of Imperialists, directed at the 'littlelings'.
I employ sales people that are better at sales than me,
I pay an accountant that knows better than me.

I however have the final say- I PAY THEM to MAKE ME MONEY Wink

You have got things very confused dude.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff998rugby Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:50 pm

mystiroakey wrote:
geoff998rugby wrote:

Overall not a good deal
ermm... dont bite the hand that is gonna feed you dude..
Given the analogy I'd bite with a vengance

geoff998rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:57 pm

mystiroakey wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:
SecretFly wrote:

Very capitalist me dude
I employ sales people that are better at sales than me,
I pay an accountant that knows better than me.

I however have the final say- I PAY THEM to MAKE ME MONEY Wink

You have got things very confused dude.
Imperialist-speak Wink

Besides.............. PRL have a hot air proposal (no details) And because of the hot air holding up their balloon, they instantly claim to know best when trying to buy out (with someone else's money!) a product (ERC HEC) that they only want to buy because they realise how valuable it is?  

I think we know the people who made it a valuable product, the professionals with the knowledge of how to run a European contest and the people with the experience of having done so.  PRL/BT ain't it.

In a ojective job interview for the European deal, ERC would get picked everytime Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:01 pm

Sorry mate- but call it imperialism or whatever you want- but I trust English businessmen over the rest of your lot.

The ERC has a track record of underacheiving

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:02 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
beshocked wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
beshocked wrote:

The one you strayed from because I pointed out one of the gaps in your rugby knowledge? Smile 

It's getting boring now. I'm out.

You didn't point out a gap. Your comment added nothing whatsoever to the discussion.

You have dragged it off the topic of rugby.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next