The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Sarries Marketing Innovation!

+8
Hubert Davenport
The Saint
quinsforever
HongKongCherry
beshocked
doctor_grey
Bathite
Irish Londoner
12 posters

Go down

Another Sarries Marketing Innovation! Empty Another Sarries Marketing Innovation!

Post by Irish Londoner Fri 08 Nov 2013, 10:02 am

Fair play to Nigel Wray and co. for trying to get some interest and support to a couple of what would be otherwise (with respect to the clubs involved) lower profile games.
Students attending the game V Scarlets next week have the chance to enter a draw to get their student loan paid off - they are making it a "student day" and offering cheap beer as well.
Also,the HEC game against Zebre has been reduced to £10 a ticket with the club asking supporters to pay the difference in price to a normal ticket to the Saracens charity foundation.

Irish Londoner

Back to top Go down

Another Sarries Marketing Innovation! Empty Re: Another Sarries Marketing Innovation!

Post by Guest Fri 08 Nov 2013, 10:10 am

They've also put a number of tickets on Tickets for Troops for the same game.

Back to top Go down

Another Sarries Marketing Innovation! Empty Re: Another Sarries Marketing Innovation!

Post by Bathite Fri 08 Nov 2013, 10:20 am

Irish Londoner wrote:Fair play to Nigel Wray and co. for trying to get some interest and support to a couple of what would be otherwise (with respect to the clubs involved) lower profile games.
Students attending the game V Scarlets next week have the chance to enter a draw to get their student loan paid off - they are making it a "student day" and offering cheap beer as well.
Also,the HEC game against Zebre has been reduced to £10 a ticket with the club asking supporters to pay the difference in price to a normal ticket to the Saracens charity foundation.
Can ex students get their substantial 5 year student loan paid off??? I'll pretend to be a Sarries fan and even wear one of those stupid Fezs for that!

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Fri 08 Nov 2013, 10:25 am

Unbelieveable!
Really great.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Fri 08 Nov 2013, 10:30 am

Irish Londoner OK Totally agree.

Not every marketing initiative hits the mark but can't fault the effort.

Bathite don't diss the fez's.Wink  New black fez out this season that looks good.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Fri 08 Nov 2013, 4:47 pm

A stadium full of pi55ed up students, wonderful! vomit
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Fri 08 Nov 2013, 5:25 pm

thats a bit unfair HKC.

i think most clubs would be happy with the first bit of your comment..."a stadium full".

and if the students also drink a lot, good for them. at least they arent likely to be the ones wearing hoodies throwing drinks on players...Wink 

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Fri 08 Nov 2013, 6:45 pm

It was a tongue in cheek comment quins, but I think we're probably talking about the same demographic.
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Fri 08 Nov 2013, 8:20 pm

That's the best idea they've had since triangle flags.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 08 Nov 2013, 8:38 pm

I think that's a good campaign. They have had a few crackers. This one definitely sits better with me than the Gavin Henson one though - thought that was a bit wide of the mark. A bit like betting on your own team in a way. Thinking about it, I wonder if that's how they planned to recover any losses on the Henson thing - covering it with a bet on Henson scoring???!

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Fri 08 Nov 2013, 10:52 pm

anyone who can get 62k bums on seats in wembley for a HC pool game gets my benefit of any doubt for whatever new schemes they want to try.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Hubert Davenport Wed 13 Nov 2013, 2:09 pm

If they can't get 10k to a new stadium in London then their marketing is sh1t.

More desperation from Sorries.

Hubert Davenport

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Wed 13 Nov 2013, 2:19 pm

What do you think Saracens should be doing instead?

As evidently a marketing deity what would you recommend?

I am interested to see if you have anything constructive or worth saying.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by VietGwentRevisited Wed 13 Nov 2013, 3:03 pm

The Saint wrote:That's the best idea they've had since triangle flaps.
Was what I read. I think I must need a lie down.

Senior Moment

VietGwentRevisited

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Wed 13 Nov 2013, 5:02 pm

Awkward. Funny thing is we were talking about Sarries marketing team a few weeks ago and Beshocked came in telling us all how Saracens came up with the idea of flags. Well done Sarries nobody thought of that before did they Laugh.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Wed 13 Nov 2013, 6:57 pm

The Saint wrote:Awkward. Funny thing is we were talking about Sarries marketing team a few weeks ago and Beshocked came in telling us all how Saracens came up with the idea of flags. Well done Sarries nobody thought of that before did they Laugh.
I'm not sticking up for beshocked, but i think someone is telling a few porkies there, eh saint? Wink 

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Wed 13 Nov 2013, 8:01 pm

Nope... He deffo said something to do with flags.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Wed 13 Nov 2013, 8:11 pm

The Saint wrote:Nope... He deffo said something to do with flags.
i know that, but it wasn't that Saracens came up with the ideas of flags!

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Wed 13 Nov 2013, 9:48 pm

beshocked made the point that sarries were trying lots of different stuff (commercially, brand building etc) and the variety of flags they had tried out were a colourful example of that.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Thu 14 Nov 2013, 8:22 am

Exactly quinsforever. Spot on.

The Saint I never stated that Saracens came up with the idea of flags. That would be ridiculous.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Fri 15 Nov 2013, 12:24 pm

More desperation to get a crowd in. You'd think the free tickets and the cheap booze would do it.

SaracensSuperModels ‏@SaracensModels 21h
This is the dedicated twitter account for Saracens latest recruits, ‘The Saracens Super Models’.
Reply Retweet Favorite More Collapse

https://twitter.com/SaracensModels
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Fri 15 Nov 2013, 12:26 pm

Sin é wrote:More desperation to get a crowd in. You'd think the free tickets and the cheap booze would do it.

SaracensSuperModels ‏@SaracensModels 21h
This is the dedicated twitter account for Saracens latest recruits, ‘The Saracens Super Models’.
Reply  Retweet  Favorite   More Collapse

https://twitter.com/SaracensModels
yes because the idea of cheerleaders at rugby game hasn't been done before....

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Fri 15 Nov 2013, 12:38 pm

Of course they have, but I wonder have they be done with free tickets and cheap booze before?

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Hubert Davenport Sun 17 Nov 2013, 10:07 pm

Utterly pathetic crowd again for Sorries. A true embarrassment to the sport.

Hubert Davenport

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Mon 18 Nov 2013, 9:18 am

Hubert you are correct. 7k for a LV Cup game is pathetic.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Tue 19 Nov 2013, 8:41 am

Sat 23 Russia tour / United States of America tour Russia v United States of America, Barnet
15:00 local, 15:00 GMT
http://www.espn.co.uk/scrum/rugby/match/fixtures/international.html

Shock and Awe at the Dalliance?

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Thu 21 Nov 2013, 5:23 pm

http://www.saracens.com/elvis-lives-when-saracens-play-sale/

New stunt that you'll love Portnoy.

Dress up as Elvis and you'll be admitted free to the game vs Sale.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Thu 21 Nov 2013, 5:53 pm

One for the money
Two for the show
Three to get ready
Now go, cat, go.

But stay offfa the new Wray's ruse

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down