The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Regions and Marketing

+2
GavinDragon
bedfordwelsh
6 posters

Go down

The Regions and Marketing Empty The Regions and Marketing

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 22 Apr 2012, 5:24 pm

We all know that the Regions are not doing so well but it seems (from the other side of the bridge) that the marketing is a very poor area at the moment, especially from a Blues POV

I watched the Dragons v Os on tele Friday night and they had their highest crowd of the season mainly due to the fact if was (possibly) Shanes last game, so I am guessing the marketing from them was pretty good.

Then you flip to todays game where the crowd was shocking, especially when you consider there was some stalwart players moving on and a legend of the game in Nuggett retiring.

So was the game marketed to reflect the players leaving/retiring, if not then its shame on the Blues and a huge (potential) loss in money
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

The Regions and Marketing Empty Re: The Regions and Marketing

Post by GavinDragon Sun 22 Apr 2012, 5:47 pm

werent certain blues fans boycotting todays game?

bedford sorry to go off topic but have u heard any more on the peter grant - dragons rumour, watching round 9 of the super 15 highlights and he made a try and scored a try for stormers vs reds, surely not going to leave success in SA for a wet and windy rodney parade on a friday night behind a retreating pack?

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Sun 22 Apr 2012, 6:05 pm

Bit late for 'marketing'. What can they come up with now that hasn't already been tried over the last decade?

Save the money and spend it on kit for the U18s or something else worthwhile.

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Sun 22 Apr 2012, 6:16 pm

Apparently, there was a CCS boycott - the "supporters" have been doing it for a while allegedly. Couldn't they have gone along for this one ?? As you say it was Nugget, Melon, Blair ..etc last home game Rolling Eyes

On a wider note, individual ticket prices are ridiculous. There is an economic crisis FFS !!!

Blues - £22
Dragons - Advance £17 - £ 25, Match Day £20 - £28
Ospreys - £20 - £28
Scarlets - Advance £11 - £22, Match Day £14 - £26
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Sun 22 Apr 2012, 6:24 pm

Well if this doesn't work , we might as well pack up OSPREY'S SEASON TICKET OFFER
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 22 Apr 2012, 7:22 pm

Cas,

I know its all been tried before but for this game maybe they could have pulled all the stops out or maybe even moved it back to the CAP at least Nuggett would have got a fitting send off.

Just seems a shame that for his last game after being av ery faithful servant over the years the crowd was so poor
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Apr 2012, 7:24 pm

Westgate street is chock full of road works right now, it would be okay for a few hundred supporters to get in and out of CAP, but not thousands.

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sun 22 Apr 2012, 7:49 pm

The CAP wouldve seen 10k easily!!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Seagultaf Sun 22 Apr 2012, 8:09 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:We all know that the Regions are not doing so well but it seems (from the other side of the bridge) that the marketing is a very poor area at the moment, especially from a Blues POV

I watched the Dragons v Os on tele Friday night and they had their highest crowd of the season mainly due to the fact if was (possibly) Shanes last game, so I am guessing the marketing from them was pretty good.

Then you flip to todays game where the crowd was shocking, especially when you consider there was some stalwart players moving on and a legend of the game in Nuggett retiring.

So was the game marketed to reflect the players leaving/retiring, if not then its shame on the Blues and a huge (potential) loss in money

Didn't the Ospreys have some kind of promotion which allowed Season Ticket holders to bring a friend free? I had a call from a mate offering me a ticket but I was unable to go. If thats the case then its great marketing, a reward to loyal season ticket holders and a ploy to get bigger crowds and a wider section of the Swansea public into the ground to watch games.

Seagultaf

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Sun 22 Apr 2012, 8:25 pm

SEAGULTAF - see THIS Think it's for next season OK
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down