The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strength In Depth

+12
munkian
beshocked
Bathman_in_London
ChequeredJersey
lostinwales
MotelMoneyMurderMadness
ScarletSpiderman
LeinsterFan4life
LordDowlais
Geordie
profitius
Tiger/Chief
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Strength In Depth  - Page 2 Empty Strength In Depth

Post by Tiger/Chief Thu 31 Oct 2013, 11:37 am

First topic message reminder :

Are welsh and Irish posters worried about the change in qualification criteria for European tournaments impacting on the fitness of key players when it comes to the autumn internationals and Six nations??

England have lost both first choice centres and still had a debate raging over who would fill the gaps with 5 genuine possibilitys that makes 7 top centres playing week in week out in the prem who all apart from Burrell have International experience ( Saxons or full team)

Wales Ireland and Scotland just don't have that kind of back up! We all saw what happened to Wales with Injuries last season losing to Samoa Japan etc whilst Emglands B team went to Argentina and won easily

I'm English but concede a fully fit and firing Wales Is scary proposition and edges England at the min! If the welsh and Irish regions have to play there star players week in week out to guarantee Europe will there national teams suffer as consequence!?!?

Tiger/Chief

Back to top Go down

Strength In Depth  - Page 2 Empty Re: Strength In Depth

Post by Jhamer25 Thu 31 Oct 2013, 5:39 pm

Yes we like to to play home grown talent though and don't look for other countries for there players.

Im sorry but you say now that the likes of Burrell, Eastmond and trinder. give me a break, let's just see how they would do against the Australian and New Zealand centers.
I mean it's pretty rich don't you think, all you did was name the players that are playing good club rugby and have yet proven their trade at international level. I could just easily say it for Beck, Scott Williams, Andrew Bishop, Cory Allen, Owen Williams and Jack Dixon.

Samoa i will admit, we were aweful that game but i dont think you understand how many leading players we actully had out of that Japanese tour, it's not an excuse because we should have one with the team we had. Bottom line players like Sam Hobbs and Spratt will never evn come close to another welsh squad.

Jhamer25

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 31 Oct 2013, 5:54 pm

Mark Easter was born in Swaziland so he can go on my list. Thing Genia's brother plays for Papua New Guinea
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 31 Oct 2013, 8:15 pm

munkian wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:15 - Liam Williams
14 - Eli Walker
13 - Ashley Beck
12 - Scott Williams
11 - Harry Robinson
10 - Rhys Priestland
9 - Rhodri Williams (Lloyd Williams / Tavis Knoyle / Richie Rees / etc etc too many scrum halves)

8 - Andres Petorious / Rob McCusker (ok, neither are setting the world alight really)
7- Josh Navidi
6 - Aaron Shingler
5 - Luke Charteris
4 - Andrew Coombs / Jake Ball
3 - Samson Lee
2 - Ken Owens
1 - Paul James

Thanks not too bad all things considered
One eyed Scarlet misses out all Dragons players that smashed his team shocker laughing  Wink 
Coombs and Riche Rees, thats two more than normal Hug 
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Fri 01 Nov 2013, 3:51 am

How is liam Williams doing?

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 01 Nov 2013, 9:22 am

Taylorman wrote:How is liam Williams doing?
He is his usually aggressive, niggly, self at fullback again. He has had a few outings on the wing for the Scarlets, but hasn't look half as good as he does when he is at fullback. Gats has said that unless there is any injury issues he sees Liam as a fullback, and not a winger.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Fri 01 Nov 2013, 9:57 am

I rate Liam Williams. He has that extra 5% of intention that all the greats have. He needs to be nurtured by welsh management because he could be a giant of the game.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2