The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Daughter

+12
Luckless Pedestrian
stub
Portnoy's Complaint
lostinwales
gregortree
MrsP
offload
rodders
broadlandboy
doctor_grey
Biltong
LondonTiger
16 posters

Go down

My Daughter Empty My Daughter

Post by LondonTiger Tue 15 Oct 2013, 6:36 am

No, not a return - though perhaps a more measured last post. I would like to apologise to anyone offended by the tone of my penultimate post. there are times you should keep your opinions to yourself and that was one of them.

Any way, the reason for this. Ever since her accident many of you have asked how my youngest daughter is getting on - well this last weekend was the final stage of her recovery and things look really bright. On Saturday she completed a Junior triathlon. The running was hard and she lost a lot of ground on others, but she battled to the end and got a huge ovation leaving us both really proud. things were rounded off quite nicely on getting home and finding her 11+ results. She had managed to come 14th out of 2,000 children sitting the exam. I am so proud of her never-say-die attitude and her achievements - though she insists she is being looked after by her own guardian angel. At school on Monday she then found that her new best friend had also done well enough to go to the grammar school with her.

There have been some really hard times, but the future is looking much better.

And to everyone here, I wish you and yours all the best. Take good care of those you love.

Oh, and thanks for all the fish.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

My Daughter Empty Re: My Daughter

Post by Biltong Tue 15 Oct 2013, 6:38 am

Great to hear mate, things are looking up.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Tue 15 Oct 2013, 8:52 am

LondonTiger wrote:I am so proud of her never-say-die attitude and her achievements - though she insists she is being looked after by her own guardian angel.
One of her Guardian Angels = Dad

Great - really great - update.

Best.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by broadlandboy Tue 15 Oct 2013, 10:14 am

Good to hear
on the other point your views will be missed, don't blame yourself too much as we all lose it sometimes, hopefully with time you will feel like returning if not all the best to you & your loved ones

broadlandboy

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 15 Oct 2013, 10:39 am

Great stuff LT. Best wishes guinness .
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Wed 16 Oct 2013, 4:23 am

Best wishes - I have appreciated your posts.
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Wed 16 Oct 2013, 4:48 am

LT.
It is so great to hear that your wee one has made such a fantastic recovery.

I can hardly imagine the nightmare you went through at the time and it is wonderful to know she is doing so well.

Don't let some eejit on here ruin your enjoyment if you can. Hopefully we will see you again.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Wed 16 Oct 2013, 4:48 am

clap well done to the little Tiger

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 16 Oct 2013, 8:07 am

Good news and nothing to add really - just come back when the AP fires up again to do your summary posts and avoid Europain threads

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Thu 17 Oct 2013, 12:44 pm

Poignant.
A well respected poster and his private life neatly summed up with dignity. We must all endeavour to respect the real World persona that sit behind every post on this board.

Good luck to you and to yours, LT .

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Thu 17 Oct 2013, 5:45 pm

Portnoy's Complaint wrote:Poignant.
A well respected poster and his private life neatly summed up with dignity. We must all endeavour to respect the real World persona that sit behind every post on this board.

Good luck to you and to yours, LT .
And this is...........FACT.
Well said, mate.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Thu 17 Oct 2013, 5:58 pm

Great to hear that everything is looking so positive LT.

Good luck to you all.

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 18 Oct 2013, 5:38 am

MrsP wrote:Don't let some eejit on here ruin your enjoyment if you can. Hopefully we will see you again.

Seconded.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue 22 Oct 2013, 9:14 pm

Glad to hear things are looking up LT, good luck to you and your family in the future
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by The Fourth Lion Sun 27 Oct 2013, 2:59 am

What a charming story, Tiger. Congratulations on your daughter's success and I wish you and your family all the best. You're going to need it.

On the presumption that your daughter has not yet started senior school, I should forewarn you that, if she is a sporty lass, then you are going to be a busy chap in the years to come. Prior to senior school, my daughter danced ballet, and if it wasn't enough that I had to not only drive her back and forth to classes, exams, competitions and performances but also watch and encourage her every step, then when she started senior school, things really kicked off.

She started to play tennis, lacrosse and cricket too and I sometimes truly wondered if there were enough hours in the day. But I didn't begrudge a minute of it, and after a while the trips to, for example, Brighton on Sundays in the summer to watch her bat for the Sussex youth XI were a joy. And once they found out I was a qualified umpire, I ended up standing out in the middle, too. I didn't mind.... to be honest, I enjoyed being able to watch her bat from up close. Not nice having to give her out LBW, but despite her disappointment, it taught her good values about the integrity of officials.

In the end it was GCSE's that put an end to it all. Even she couldn't do everything all at once, and as her exams got closer, dancing and sport took a back seat. But that was her choice, so it showed she was by then confident enough to make important decisions. She got her grades, took her A Levels and went to university.... where she ended up playing several games in the women's rugby XV...!! Her mother was mortified and I pretended to be really worried too, but secretly I smiled to myself. Good girl <chuckle>.

The point of me telling you all this, is that you come across as a devoted and caring father who I suspect takes pride and delight in her activities and achievements. I have been there, and I am just trying to warn you that you can now look forward to years of near ruinous financial expense, and being "Daddycab" , confidante, occasional impromptu coach and number one fan all rolled into one. You will find this exhausting at times. But it will be worth it.

Watching your loved child having the time of her life, whether it be performing a perfect Grande Jette, chase a lacrosse ball around a muddy field in the pouring rain, or stoke an immaculate cover drive to the boundary, is one of the great joys of parenthood and you should revel in every moment of it. I kind of get the feeling you will.

Good luck and best wishes.
The Fourth Lion
The Fourth Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Thu 31 Oct 2013, 5:09 pm

LT, I am delighted to hear your news. As a father to 2 daughters I can't imagine what you've been through, but it sounds like you are justly very proud and so you should be.

You will be sorely missed from here. Your reviews have always been excellent and you do talk a lot of sense (except when talking about Tigers! Wink)

All the best and I'd like to hope our paths will cross again OK
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by hugehandoff Fri 01 Nov 2013, 7:22 pm

Good to hear of your daughter's recovery. A long road, but she has obviously done well. Very pleased to hear.

hugehandoff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down