The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Herald : Beast Should've Been Binned

+5
Taylorman
Biltong
The Saint
Otagolad
GloriousEmpire
9 posters

Go down

Herald : Beast Should've Been Binned Empty Herald : Beast Should've Been Binned

Post by GloriousEmpire Sun 06 Oct 2013, 11:16 pm

The NZ herald today is calling Mtarawera's ruck clean out on McCaw a "blatant" shoulder charge to the head that should've and would've earned him a yellow card, with the implication the Nigel Owens (widely lauded for his game) bottled it in the face of pressure to keep a full compliment of Springboks on the field following the Du Plessis fracas. 

Are they right? Is McCaw fair game for illicit tactics?

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Herald : Beast Should've Been Binned Empty Re: Herald : Beast Should've Been Binned

Post by Otagolad Sun 06 Oct 2013, 11:46 pm

Beast knew what he'd done and was calling Nigel Owens Mr Ref at every opportunity. He clearly makes contact with McCaw's head and it was every bit as bad a Frank's forearm.

Otagolad

Back to top Go down

Herald : Beast Should've Been Binned Empty Re: Herald : Beast Should've Been Binned

Post by The Saint Mon 07 Oct 2013, 12:50 am

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 07 Oct 2013, 1:04 am

Watch the replay and make up your own mind.

When Beast hit McCaw he had his HANDS in front of him, he does hit with the shoulder but if you replay in slow motion you will see his right hand (the side his shoulder was leading) push McCaw back.

Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Mon 07 Oct 2013, 3:13 am

Not worth the fuss. Not a smart thing to do and was penalised at the time and 'intuitive' reffing by Mr Owens might I suggest where at the time if a yellow card had been issued the possible reversion to type by the boks avoided if that was their plan. As it was, nothing else like it eventuated from the boks and we got what we got following it. So on Richies behalf whats a sore jaw or two for the cause.Hug 

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Otagolad Mon 07 Oct 2013, 3:18 am

I agree TMan that these things happen in the game so its a penalty and play on - I do think it was reckless if not deliberate whereas Frank's forearm was the opposite. Hansen's reaction in the box was priceless.

Otagolad

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Mon 07 Oct 2013, 8:05 am

Was that piece written by Chris rattue by chance???? I heard the daily mail was following his progress closely.

Ref and video ref thought it was fine, good enough for me.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 07 Oct 2013, 9:18 am

It must be disappointing for GE that our thuggery didn't come out to play.

Cry 
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Mon 07 Oct 2013, 9:29 am

Not at all Biltong. It was such a pleasure to see the Springboks playing rugby and chasing the four tries - and getting them. To me though it raises the question of why it took this scenario to coax it out if them? Do you anticipate a change of mind set now? Or do you think with this game out of the way it'll be back to one out hit ups and the back three resuming the hail if up and unders?

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 07 Oct 2013, 9:54 am

GE, it is a natural progression, we have been playing this expansive game for four months, so yes, I believe it is Meyer's intention to grow the game from this base.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Mon 07 Oct 2013, 10:13 am

It happens, I recall Dan Carter's try saving high tackle in Cardiff, it was a knee jerk reaction, we all know Dan is a gentleman, however, in this case the law was the law and he should have walked.
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Mon 07 Oct 2013, 2:35 pm

Rainbow wasn't that incident right before a Welsh lock tackled himself by tripping over his own feet on the way to an open try line?  I'm not sure there was much wrong with DCs tackle but after the incident had been unnecessarily replayed in the large screen fifty times the officials were largely influenced by the baying crowd. Shameful behaviour by the host in that occasion and says more about that mental block Wales seem to have with NZ in particular and the SH giants in generL.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Tue 08 Oct 2013, 11:33 am

Actually GE that was AWJ who didnt back himself for the corner and was tackled. And yes, it was a clear high tackle from DC who probably shouldda got 10 minutes on the sideline, but it didnt happen so cest la vie.

Nothing wrong with the beast's charge either.

Poor effort by your standards Smile 

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerleghorn Tue 08 Oct 2013, 4:24 pm

Comfort wrote:Actually GE that was AWJ who didnt back himself for the corner and was tackled. And yes, it was a clear high tackle from DC who probably shouldda got 10 minutes on the sideline, but it didnt happen so cest la vie.

Nothing wrong with the beast's charge either.

Poor effort by your standards Smile 
I'd say it was a good effort by his standards tbh.

tigerleghorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Oct 2013, 4:27 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Khd6K_XxfrY

Carter's tackle on I think Martyn Roberts? Was high but it was no try saver.

AWJ just ran out of gas as it was the last couple of minutes of the game and he had the length of the pitch to out pace backs.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Tue 08 Oct 2013, 4:39 pm

GloriousEmpire wrote:Rainbow wasn't that incident right before a Welsh lock tackled himself by tripping over his own feet on the way to an open try line?  I'm not sure there was much wrong with DCs tackle but after the incident had been unnecessarily replayed in the large screen fifty times the officials were largely influenced by the baying crowd. Shameful behaviour by the host in that occasion and says more about that mental block Wales seem to have with NZ in particular and the SH giants in generL.
picard Here comes the usual and embarrassing turdology. Obviously Carter was guilty in this scenario, hence why an independant comittee issued him with a week's ban. Andrew Hore should have walked in the most recent game between the two teams as well. But none of them are guilty in your eyes, same as Mealamu and Umaga were never guilty of tipping BOD off the ball.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down