The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Concentration Camps (visited)

4 posters

Go down

Concentration Camps (visited) Empty Concentration Camps (visited)

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 26 Sep 2013, 11:53 pm

Me and Hero were talking about our visits to concentration camps (via work/school), and I was just wondering if anybody else has visited any, and what your experience of them was.

I personally went to Auschwitz-Birkenau and personally whilst it being a shocking, sombre experience, you did get a feeling as to just how bad this really was. In the Birkenau barracks, in early October time, I was wearing 3 layers, yet the wind cut right through your body, and it made you wonder just how bad it was for the poor people who were sadly put in these places.

Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Concentration Camps (visited) Empty Re: Concentration Camps (visited)

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 27 Sep 2013, 10:42 am

Places like this need to be standing for generations to see the evil man is caperble of.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 27 Sep 2013, 1:22 pm

Olly wrote:I was wearing 3 layers, yet the wind cut right through your body, and it made you wonder just how bad it was for the poor people who were sadly put in these places.
Slightly off topic, Olly, but if you want to read a deeply moving account of an Auschwitz survivor, then find a copy of 'If This Is a Man' by Primo Levi. It's a beautifully crafted book about his time in the camp and goes a fraction of the way to describing the horror they went through.

I read a lot of books and a very, very small selection stay with me forever. This is one of them.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Fri 27 Sep 2013, 1:35 pm

Crying or Very sad

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 27 Sep 2013, 2:00 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:Crying or Very sad

Very Happy 

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 27 Sep 2013, 10:36 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Olly wrote:I was wearing 3 layers, yet the wind cut right through your body, and it made you wonder just how bad it was for the poor people who were sadly put in these places.
Slightly off topic, Olly, but if you want to read a deeply moving account of an Auschwitz survivor, then find a copy of 'If This Is a Man' by Primo Levi.  It's a beautifully crafted book about his time in the camp and goes a fraction of the way to describing the horror they went through.

I read a lot of books and a very, very small selection stay with me forever.  This is one of them.
Cheers Tino, will keep an eye out for it.

Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down