The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Refund?

+9
Lumbering_Jack
All Time Great
catchweight
seanmichaels
Strongback
Steffan
rycoys
azania
neilodonnell
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Refund? Empty Refund?

Post by neilodonnell Sun 22 Sep 2013 - 19:48

Haye v Fury is obvious now off, but when do I get my refund for the ticket?

Any of you experts know the procedure?

Ta

Neil O'Donnell

neilodonnell

Back to top Go down

Refund? Empty Re: Refund?

Post by azania Sun 22 Sep 2013 - 19:51

Should be within 48 hours.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by rycoys Sun 22 Sep 2013 - 19:53

Hopefully they are holding out for rearranged date so can just keep tickets if ya still wanna go , rumor is it could be mid december,

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 22 Sep 2013 - 19:57

PPV buys will be low in December due to Xmas. Normal people north of Watford wouldn't pay for it as they can't afford it. Their giros can't stretch that far near Xmas.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 22 Sep 2013 - 20:01

You should ask David Haye directly

He always gives the fans what they want apparently...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by rycoys Sun 22 Sep 2013 - 20:05

Steffan wrote:You should ask David Haye directly

He always gives the fans what they want apparently...
give it a rest!

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 22 Sep 2013 - 20:19

rycoys wrote:give it a rest!
Shame Adam Booth never said this to Haye a week before the fight OK

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by rycoys Sun 22 Sep 2013 - 20:23

Steffan wrote:
rycoys wrote:give it a rest!
Shame Adam Booth never said this to Haye a week before the fight OK
I bet you love the fact this has happened, very sad and pathetic,

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 22 Sep 2013 - 20:26

Both sides are talking again to get the fight rescheduled,

Either fighter probably has few options for a fight before the end of the year.

They should fight Christmas week if they can get an arena at short notice.

Friday 20th December has no event on in the MEN.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 22 Sep 2013 - 20:28

rycoys wrote:I bet you love the fact this has happened, very sad and pathetic
Loving it? Not at all. I think its terrible. Not only was I really looking forward to this fight but I totally sympathise with all the fans who had tickets and had made plans for this. Haye deserves all the stick he gets

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Sun 22 Sep 2013 - 22:02

Haye being ridiculed. Needs to pull this one out of the bag or he'll be seen as more of a joke than audley.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 22 Sep 2013 - 22:04

Like somebody said on another thread that is weird that after all the nonsense that surrounded Hayes career up to now its probably the first time he actually has a real injury that everyone goes balistic.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by All Time Great Sun 22 Sep 2013 - 22:31

catchweight wrote:Like somebody said on another thread that is weird that after all the nonsense that surrounded Hayes career up to now its probably the first time he actually has a real injury that everyone goes balistic.
As 90% of people have already stated, Haye most probably shouldn't of been in hard sparring 7 days before the fight. He risked the entire PPV, and is rightly getting ridiculed.

Added to the fact he has previous, one has to suggest if he was sparring with a 6ft 6in man 7 days before a fight (most probably without a head guard) he most probably did not have the camp he was hoping for. Indeed, in my opinion he's been unprofessional (well his camp has). Releasing videos of his sparring sessions was also really bizzare, probably another smokescreen.

Not saying he intentionally cut himself, but paying fans (myself included) have every right to be p!ssed with him calling the fight off with an injury that 'should' of been preventable, particularly a flipping week before the fight...

No idea re: refunds. I hope it doesn't get rescheduled, as I don't want to be filling Haye's pockets. For Fury's lack of talent, I have to respect the fact he wanted this fight and appears to take the boxing business serious- Haye just doesn't seem to have the heart for it.

Last edited by All Time Great on Sun 22 Sep 2013 - 22:34; edited 1 time in total

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun 22 Sep 2013 - 22:34

Why shouldn't he be sparring 7 days from a fight?

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun 22 Sep 2013 - 22:35

An he said he was wearing a head guard.

I don't see the relevance of it being 7 days out. If the cut happened 3 weeks ago the fight would also have been cancelled. Maybe sparring should be banned in training camps. Pathetic.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 22 Sep 2013 - 22:36

It would be unfair on Fury if the fight were rescheduled for December. He will be inactive and not used to that. He should take a warm up and easy fight like Price and come back to retire Haye in February.

If I were part of Team Fury I would ask for a non refundable advance.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by All Time Great Sun 22 Sep 2013 - 22:36

Lumbering_Jack wrote:Why shouldn't he be sparring 7 days from a fight?
Let me think? Maybe so he doesn't get concussed by a lucky shot (7 days to recover from) or receive a severe CUT! Which of course, means he can't enter the ring and not fulfil his obligations.

Why is this so difficult for some people to understand?

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 22 Sep 2013 - 22:37

All Time Great wrote:
catchweight wrote:Like somebody said on another thread that is weird that after all the nonsense that surrounded Hayes career up to now its probably the first time he actually has a real injury that everyone goes balistic.
As 90% of people have already stated, Haye most probably shouldn't of been in hard sparring 7 days before the fight. He risked the entire PPV, and is rightly getting ridiculed.

Added to the fact he has previous, one has to suggest if he was sparring with a 6ft 6in man 7 days before a fight (most probably without a head guard) he most probably did not have the camp he was hoping for. Indeed, in my opinion he's been unprofessional (well his camp has). Releasing videos of his sparring sessions was also really bizzare, probably another smokescreen.

Not saying he intentionally cut himself, but paying fans (myself included) have every right to be p!ssed with him calling the fight off with an injury that 'should' of been preventable, particularly a flipping week before the fight...

No idea re: refunds. I hope it doesn't get rescheduled, as I don't want to be filling Haye's pockets. For Fury's lack of talent, I have to respect the fact he wanted this fight and appears to take the boxing business serious- Haye just doesn't seem to have the heart for it.
Haye has been shafting fans for years. I find it weird that its now it just happens to become an issue.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun 22 Sep 2013 - 22:38

What use is an easy fight. He'd be better off fighting a proper challenger, like some of the ones he's ducked previously.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 22 Sep 2013 - 22:39

Once again, no one is saying sparring should be banned or even stopped 7 days prior to a fight. If Haye wants to do heavy spar sessions 7 days before a fight then he is stupid. The risks are too great as he has found out. Not just a cut but he could get knocked out and concussed which would bar him from fighting for longer. He has a responsibility seeing as huge money was spent booking the venue etc, to fight at the allotted time.

Yes it was an unfortunate accident but one that could have been avoided.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun 22 Sep 2013 - 22:40

catchweight wrote:
All Time Great wrote:

Haye has been shafting fans for years. I find it weird that its now it just happens to become an issue.
This fight has captured the imagination, despite what some of these morons will tell you. People are upset because this is a fight they really wanted to see. And because Haye has an injury it allows his to be blamed, even though it is a seemingly valid reason.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 22 Sep 2013 - 22:41

Lumbering_Jack wrote:What use is an easy fight. He'd be better off fighting a proper challenger, like some of the ones he's ducked previously.
With £5m on the line only a fool would take on a difficult challenge. I suggest you do not go into business in any field seeing as you know next to nothing about CBA.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun 22 Sep 2013 - 22:45

All Time Great wrote:
Let me think? Maybe so he doesn't get concussed by a lucky shot (7 days to recover from) or receive a severe CUT! Which of course, means he can't enter the ring and not fulfil his obligations.

What would happen if that cut happened 3 weeks out?

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun 22 Sep 2013 - 22:47

azania wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:What use is an easy fight. He'd be better off fighting a proper challenger, like some of the ones he's ducked previously.
With £5m on the line only a fool would take on a difficult challenge. I suggest you do not go into business in any field seeing as you know next to nothing about CBA.
Well then he might as well not fight.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun 22 Sep 2013 - 22:48

azania wrote:Once again, no one is saying sparring should be banned or even stopped 7 days prior to a fight. If Haye wants to do heavy spar sessions 7 days before a fight then he is stupid. The risks are too great as he has found out. Not just a cut but he could get knocked out and concussed which would bar him from fighting for longer. He has a responsibility seeing as huge money was spent booking the venue etc, to fight at the allotted time.

Was it 'heavy sparring'? How do you know this?

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 22 Sep 2013 - 22:59

Well if they were doing light sparring and his sparring partner did this to him Haye should be suing him for loss of earnings.

Either Haye had the head guard off or he reached for the cut throat.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 22 Sep 2013 - 23:02

Lumbering_Jack wrote:
azania wrote:
Why shouldn't he take a warm up fight. He is an active fighter generally.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 22 Sep 2013 - 23:03

Lumbering_Jack wrote:
All Time Great wrote:

What would happen if that cut happened 3 weeks out?
Then the fight get's cancelled. A cut 3 weeks out during a hard spar session is more understandable than a huge cut a week before the fight.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 22 Sep 2013 - 23:04

Lumbering_Jack wrote:
azania wrote:Once again, no one is saying sparring should be banned or even stopped 7 days prior to a fight. If Haye wants to do heavy spar sessions 7 days before a fight then he is stupid. The risks are too great as he has found out. Not just a cut but he could get knocked out and concussed which would bar him from fighting for longer. He has a responsibility seeing as huge money was spent booking the venue etc, to fight at the allotted time.

The nature of the cut indicates that is was a hard punch that caused it.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 22 Sep 2013 - 23:15

It's very very very unusual to get a cut with a head guard on. I boxed for three years and never saw a boxer get a cut with head guards on.

Watch the Olympics and tell me how many cuts there are?

Why is it never clear cut with Haye. There is always some kind of bull going on it the background. It's always the same with him.

Fury was right when he said Haye is a clown.

The mods are in some kind of pact to defend Haye. I haven't got to the bottom of that yet.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 22 Sep 2013 - 23:20

Haye thinks he is bigger than the fans

He treats them like mugs

Any decent fan with a bit of knowledge can see straight though the waste of space but for some reason the duller end of boxing want to watch him v Audley, Chisora etc or believed that he was gonna go out to Germany and take Wlad on

Hopefully people will realise now not to give this fraudster a penny of their money anymore

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 22 Sep 2013 - 23:26

Yeah but he is exciting, explosive, aggressive, power punching and a breath of fresh air to the division. The saviour of boxing. Rolling Eyes

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 22 Sep 2013 - 23:29

Yep. The man who said he was sent by the greats of yesteryear like Ali, Dempsey, Louis etc to save heavyweight boxing

Thats our good old David Haye alright...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 22 Sep 2013 - 23:32

I dont think Haye meant anything that he said. He was all about trying to make as much money as possible by leading fans up the garden path. You dont save heavyweight boxing and make fights with Audley Harrison on PPV. Snake oil salesman stuff that is.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by All Time Great Sun 22 Sep 2013 - 23:32

Strongback wrote:It's very very very unusual to get a cut with a head guard on.  I boxed for three years and never saw a boxer get a cut with head guards on.

Watch the Olympics and tell me how many cuts there are?

Why is it never clear cut with Haye.  There is always some kind of bull going on it the background.  It's always the same with him.

Fury was right when he said Haye is a clown.

The mods are in some kind of pact to defend Haye.  I haven't got to the bottom of that yet.
Not saying it's the mods, but there is some really bizzare pact of posters on here giving Haye a defence. I'm really surprised by it.

Yes, 3/4 weeks out a major cut happens I can probably accept it. But getting cut 7 days before a fight indicates no headguard, and no regard for the PPV and fans who have bought tickets.

It really is simple.

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 22 Sep 2013 - 23:33

azania wrote:He should take a warm up and easy fight like Price
I think this fight would be a step back for Fury. He needs to be fighting at least European level now. Price is a nice British level fighter who does well with his limited heart and talent but id rather see Fury against someone better before hopefully retiring Haye

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 22 Sep 2013 - 23:41

I think Price v Fury would be more competitive than Haye v Fury. They are similar level of talent. I get the feeling that Price got a rude awaking about pro boxing when your opponent can take your punch and hit you back. He doesnt seem to have the mental or physical toughness to go beyond a few rounds. Against Thompson when the going got tough he threw in the towel. He could still get Fury out of there early but if goes past three rounds Fury would win.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 23 Sep 2013 - 0:03

After last night the fight to see is Fury Vs Chisora II for Chis' Euro belt.

That is a real match up and will tell us how the fighters have developed since the first scrap.

Fury v Haye was a circus. It was a Haye vehicle with Fury being rewarded very handsomely for his part in the charade.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 23 Sep 2013 - 0:45

Basically Fury gets the W over Haye without even having to step in the ring

And Haye only has himself to blame

Im all for Fury Vs Chisora II lets see some fighters not celebrities who fancy a dust up now and again

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 23 Sep 2013 - 7:41

azania wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:

No it doesn't. I've seen hurrendous cuts caused from nothing punches.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 23 Sep 2013 - 7:43

azania wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:
azania wrote:
Because easy fights serve no purpose and brings to risk of a loss when he has a big payday on the table, which you were all excited about earlier.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 23 Sep 2013 - 8:03

Lumbering_Jack wrote:
azania wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:

Sure you have. Whistle 

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 23 Sep 2013 - 8:05

Lumbering_Jack wrote:
azania wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:
azania wrote:
Because easy fights serve no purpose and brings to risk of a loss when he has a big payday on the table, which you were all excited about earlier.
That's why I said an easy fight. Just to sharpen him up. The real thing is always better than sparring.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 23 Sep 2013 - 8:06

Fury has already slapped Chisora. Fighting him again is a step back.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 23 Sep 2013 - 8:42

azania wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:
azania wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:
azania wrote:
That's why I said an easy fight. Just to sharpen him up. The real thing is always better than sparring.
Easy fights come with risk do they not? Fury was out on his backside by a fighter with something like 5ko's in 16 fights.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 23 Sep 2013 - 8:44

azania wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:
azania wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:

Sure you have. Whistle 
Runt, this is boxing. If you haven't seen cuts caused from seemingly harmless punches then you obviously don't watch many fights.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 23 Sep 2013 - 8:47

LJ stop with the insults, am off work this week. Have no intention of spending my time cleaning up after you and Az

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 23 Sep 2013 - 9:36

Perhaps innocuous punches without head guards on could cause a cut
But with headgear on and light sparring it is highly unlikely.

Now listen to Rowley. He's a good man. Keep it cool mate.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 23 Sep 2013 - 9:50

Highly unlikely = still possible.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 23 Sep 2013 - 10:03

Of course it is possible. I haven't said otherwise. I just don't believe it is likely.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next