The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Walsh v Murray; how did you score it?

4 posters

Go down

Walsh v Murray; how did you score it? Empty Walsh v Murray; how did you score it?

Post by monzon Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:57 pm

Excellent, well matched, obviously very close fight.

I scored it Murray 7 rounds to 5. Thought he moved better, threw better combinations, and was generally the better boxer. Walsh looked stronger in spells and had some luck to the body, but Murray was better technically.

monzon

Back to top Go down

Walsh v Murray; how did you score it? Empty Re: Walsh v Murray; how did you score it?

Post by compelling and rich Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:31 pm

not got boxnation so just watching the sky card, was it a MD to walsh? hope so had him on a bet

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Walsh v Murray; how did you score it? Empty Re: Walsh v Murray; how did you score it?

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:52 pm

I scored it 7-5 Murray as well. As an armchair judge, i score based on cleaner shots landed, had never watched Joe Murray before and was really impressed with what I saw, think he made Walsh look a bit defensively challenged at times. But Walsh fought back well and was the champ so i knew he'd get the nod after the final bell.

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:25 pm

Didn't score it round by round and it was a close fight, but I thought Murray deserved the nod in all honesty.

Love to see a rematch though, it was a good fight and the styles blended well

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:25 pm

yeah i wouldn't say no to a rematch. John seemed like a decent cornerman too as opposed to the wisdom of Michael Walsh "beat the f*** out of him"

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down