The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Murray gets battered..Murray gets WBA title shot!!

+2
ShahenshahG
TRUSSMAN66
6 posters

Go down

Murray gets battered..Murray gets WBA title shot!! Empty Murray gets battered..Murray gets WBA title shot!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 09 Oct 2011, 1:03 pm

Wonder why no one apart from diehard fans care anymore????......end of!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Murray gets battered..Murray gets WBA title shot!! Empty Re: Murray gets battered..Murray gets WBA title shot!!

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 09 Oct 2011, 1:10 pm

Cannon fodder.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Murray gets battered..Murray gets WBA title shot!! Empty Re: Murray gets battered..Murray gets WBA title shot!!

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 09 Oct 2011, 1:35 pm

Franks cashing in on Murray because he knows he's found his level at Euro level. I can't help myself but I hope that Rios gives Murray a bit of beating because of the way he treated Joe Gallacher.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Oct 2011, 7:41 pm

To my shame (as many of you guys speak highly of Rios) I've never seen him fight, but it does beg questions about the validity of match making when Murray gets this fight and not say, ummm, let me think, Mitchell maybe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Sun 09 Oct 2011, 7:54 pm

TumblingDice wrote:To my shame (as many of you guys speak highly of Rios) I've never seen him fight, but it does beg questions about the validity of match making when Murray gets this fight and not say, ummm, let me think, Mitchell maybe.

Mitchell probably couldve just as easily had this fight, but it seems fairly obvious Frank is holding him back for the winner of burns v katsidas as it's an easier route to a title than trying to go through Rios. Murray is just a stay busy fight for Rios, with murrays head on style I expect him to get wiped out in 4 rounds. Rios is a beast at the weight, the way to beat him is hit and move slickness - ie the kind of style Murray doesn't possess. Mitchell would fare better as he can box on the back foot and is more evasive, plus he has enough power to at least gain Rios' respect (which Murray doesn't), but he's too small to go the distance and Frank knows it, hence feeding Murray to him and giving Kevin the safer option.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 09 Oct 2011, 8:02 pm

Rios is going to eat Murray for breakfast. Murray is too easy to find and Rios hits like a sledgehammer

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Oct 2011, 8:03 pm

Do you think Mitchell is good enough to win a legitimate world title against a credible oppponent considering who's out there right now?

He did well against Murray but in previous fights I've never thought he would amount to much at world level.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Sun 09 Oct 2011, 8:38 pm

TumblingDice wrote:Do you think Mitchell is good enough to win a legitimate world title against a credible oppponent considering who's out there right now?

He did well against Murray but in previous fights I've never thought he would amount to much at world level.

It depends really. I don't rate Burns as a world level fighter, but he got his shot and put in a great performance on the night and so - regardless of what I think - he's a legit world champ. Mitchell is a better fighter than burns and is capable of having the same 'night of his life' performance against a titlist. His trouble is he's not a huge lightweight and his division has more talent depth than burns does/did. I think he's quite capable of beating IBF champ Vasquez, but Marquez and Rios are a step too far - Marquez in terms of skill, Rios because of size and power. But matchmaking is a funny thing, and with Marquez having to vacate to face manny so a door opens for Mitchell. He had one dodgy night against katsidas, other than that he's been pretty consistent in his career, if he can redeem himself against kats - who is a world level fighter - then maybe he would be a worthy titlist. If he can't then we'll know for definite he's a euro level guy.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Mon 10 Oct 2011, 2:30 am

I think it speaks much more about Rios than for Murray. All Murray has really done is prove, barring a late pull-out, that he'd take on a world champ which is what any good fighter would do. The rest is all on the contorted politics of modern-day boxing.

These matches still annoy me. Rios has added his name to a growing list of "champs" to jump at the opportunity to take on an exposed challenger. Cherry-picking at its finest. Imagine how dull history would look if Liston had waited until Ali had lost his 0 or if Tyson had picked a comfortable fence to sit on whilst waiting for Spinks to be beaten. Not a peep from the Rios camp about fighting Murray before the Mitchell fight and now the fight is set up before you know it.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down