The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bruce Robertson or Mike Gibson. The Alternate BOD vs Conrad Thread!

2 posters

Go down

Bruce Robertson or Mike Gibson. The Alternate BOD vs Conrad Thread! Empty Bruce Robertson or Mike Gibson. The Alternate BOD vs Conrad Thread!

Post by Gunner Fri 20 Sep 2013, 3:39 am

Both Robertson and Gibson were both extremely gifted centres in the 1970s. (NZ and Ireland in case you dont know)
Quite possibly Robertson and Gibson had the equivalent talent and standing in their respective countries as BOD and Conrad today.
I loved the 70s.
You heard of these great players from Europe and every 3-4 years you got to see them play.
If you were lucky there was a live telecast followed by a match report in Mondays paper.
That was it. No endless post-mortems of "my players better than yours".
No keyboard warriors trying to wind each other up.
What im really trying to say is lets try and lift the level of posts and comments guys.
Just take a hard look at the list of topics on the International page.
We are rugby supporters.
We are better than that.

Gunner

Back to top Go down

Bruce Robertson or Mike Gibson. The Alternate BOD vs Conrad Thread! Empty Re: Bruce Robertson or Mike Gibson. The Alternate BOD vs Conrad Thread!

Post by Taylorman Fri 20 Sep 2013, 6:08 am

Ok then. Gibson for me. Wasnt a great fan of Robertson. His combo with Osborne was key to the Lions tour success but Gibson was a much more gifted and quicker Centre. That was his 5th Lions tour and he was still better than Fenwick who was awful.
The 70's for me was terrible for 10 and 12 we must have run through so many.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down