The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Las Vegas

+2
Strongback
bellchees
6 posters

Go down

Las Vegas Empty Las Vegas

Post by bellchees Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:49 pm

Hi guys, I'm in Vegas for a few days (unfortunatly I leave before Mayweather vs Alvarez) I'm going to make a trip to the new hall of fame which should be good but is there anything else boxing related in the area that is worth a look? I know a few people on here have been to Vegas for big fights before so was hoping for some ideas of places worth visiting. I leave mid week so will I catch any pre fight stuff or is that all happening in the day or two before the fight?

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Las Vegas Empty Re: Las Vegas

Post by Strongback Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:39 am

Don't like to see a thread getting a bagel.  Do a bit of goggling and find out what boxer is in town doing signings, there should be some ex champs about.  The sports memorabilia stores sometimes have old fighters in there selling their books etc and most of them just sit around all day.  I got the feeling they are happy when you stop by for a chat. There is a memorabilia store in Planet Hollywood hotel that had fighters doing signings when I was there.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:58 am

I went a few years ago but didn't get to do anything boxing related. Did go to see Kylie and managed to convince the missus that an evening in the Playboy bar at the Palms was a healthy and wholesome night out.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:02 am

As Strongy has said there tends to be signings in and around the town when there is a big fight on. I got lucky when I was there as Winky Wright was doing one at hooters, so managed to persuade TSMR to go into Hooters. If you want to do something a little less fun Sonny Liston’s grave is there but visiting a grave in a town with so many strip clubs is a little odd.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:05 am

Steal the skeleton and measure the hands.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:56 am

Ok cheers guys, think I'll check out listons grave.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:03 am

I was there for Calzaghe Hopkins and I blew a fortune in Vegas. Make sure your wedged up on cash. I am a humble pauper from south Wales mind so if your loaded then you will be fine

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down