The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stop the snobbery and lets have some honesty.

+17
dyrewolfe
Luckless Pedestrian
sodhat
The Special Juan
Stella
JDizzle
hornbloweroafc
Galted
Cyril
ChequeredJersey
kingraf
Crimey
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Mind the windows Tino.
Adam D
Rowley
JuliusHMarx
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Stop the snobbery and lets have some honesty. Empty Stop the snobbery and lets have some honesty.

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 05 Sep 2013, 3:59 pm

Apologies for stealing this idea from the Films thread - but it's a good idea.

So come on, get off your high (crazy) horses and out of your (ebony and) ivory towers and own up to the the uncool stuff in your LP/cassette/CD/mp3/Edison cylinder collection. Remember - it's hip to be square.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Stop the snobbery and lets have some honesty. Empty Re: Stop the snobbery and lets have some honesty.

Post by Rowley Thu 05 Sep 2013, 4:05 pm

I don't own any of their records but I don't mind Girls Aloud and not just because most of them are fit. I also have a Terrence Trent D'Arby album which I bought as a kid which I still dearly love and listen to.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Stop the snobbery and lets have some honesty. Empty Re: Stop the snobbery and lets have some honesty.

Post by Adam D Thu 05 Sep 2013, 4:06 pm

I like Bon Jovi.

And Steps.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 05 Sep 2013, 4:06 pm

I like Mumford and Sons.

I love every KoL album, even though its desperately uncool to like anything after the first (or second at a push) album.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 05 Sep 2013, 4:07 pm

Adam D wrote:I like Bon Jovi.

BON JOVI, Adam.

Its heavy metal, remember?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 05 Sep 2013, 4:08 pm

I like the fact you had more of a problem with Bon Jovi than Steps. could work, my friend, good work.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Sep 2013, 4:08 pm

I have Ian Wright's single on cassette. And Timmy Mallett's album. Signed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 05 Sep 2013, 4:09 pm

The Commitments and they are not even a real band

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 05 Sep 2013, 4:10 pm

TTD is OK, as long as it's before the name change. I have one of his later singles - Holding On To You - which is excellent.

I own and play The Best of Buck's Fizz - there's 8 or 9 pretty good tracks on there (out of 16). Nothing wrong with a good pop song, I say.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 05 Sep 2013, 4:10 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:And Timmy Mallett's album. Signed.
We have a winner!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 05 Sep 2013, 4:11 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

BON JOVI, Adam.

Bon Jovi is power pop, surely?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 05 Sep 2013, 4:13 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

BON JOVI, Adam.

Almost certainly but I am sure it winds DAVE up that Jeff and I call them heavy metal so it is worth persisting with.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 05 Sep 2013, 4:14 pm

I don't think Arctic Monkeys' best album is their first. 

I think Day and Age is the best Killers album.

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds are better than Oasis.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Sep 2013, 4:15 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

BON JOVI, Adam.

Almost certainly but I am sure it winds DAVE up that Jeff and I call them heavy metal so it is worth persisting with.
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 05 Sep 2013, 4:15 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

BON JOVI, Adam.

In that case - BON JOVI

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 05 Sep 2013, 4:18 pm

That's the spirit, Julius.

MEGADEATH are better than SLAYER.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 05 Sep 2013, 4:20 pm

There is a bloke on the boxing boards called Dave who openly admitted to listening to Heavy Metal, as a grown adult! Surely it does not get more embarrasing than that.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Sep 2013, 4:22 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:That's the spirit, Julius.

DDDDDOOOOOOUUUUUBBBBLLLLLEEEEE BBBBAAAAASSSSSSTTTTTAAAAAAARRRRDDDDDDSSSSS

PS it's MEGADETH not MEGADEATH (A megadeth was a term used by politicians when discussing casualties in a nuclear war. 9 million casuaties would be classed as 9 megadeths)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 05 Sep 2013, 4:24 pm

Do you listen to MANOWAR Dave, had a mate who also had not grown out of listening to METAL and he made me sit through some once. Those lads need to relax a little.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 05 Sep 2013, 4:25 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:That's the spirit, Julius.

DDDDDOOOOOOUUUUUBBBBLLLLLEEEEE  BBBBAAAAASSSSSSTTTTTAAAAAAARRRRDDDDDDSSSSS

PS it's MEGADETH not MEGADEATH (A megadeth was a term used by politicians when discussing casualties in a nuclear war. 9 million casuaties would be classed as 9 megadeths)
Well you live and learn, thanks David.

WHITESNAKE are better than SURVIVOR.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 05 Sep 2013, 4:26 pm

MANOWAR was of course a British Royal Navy expression for a powerful warship or frigate from the 16th to the 19th century.

MANOWAR, MEGADETH - they're not just band names you know, they're deep socio-political commentaries.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 05 Sep 2013, 4:28 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:MANOWAR was of course a British Royal Navy expression for a powerful warship or frigate from the 16th to the 19th century.

MANOWAR, MEGADETH - they're not just band names you know, they're deep socio-political commentaries.
POISON is also a popular name for materials that can kill you, you appear to be onto something here Julius.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Sep 2013, 4:29 pm

Rowley wrote:Do you listen to MANOWAR Dave, had a mate who also had not grown out of listening to METAL and he made me sit through some once. Those lads need to relax a little.
Ironically, for a band that pride themselves on having some of the most stereotypically cliched "metal" imagery for their album covers etc...I find them quite tame.

Only time I enjoyed listening to that sort of stuff (and it wasn't Manowar but one of many similar bands) was when I went to Wacken. Jagermeister for breakfast and several pints of lager over a period of hours will make that stuff seem like the second coming of Mozart. In reality/ sobriety I find it tedious in the extreme.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Sep 2013, 4:31 pm

Rowley wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:MANOWAR was of course a British Royal Navy expression for a powerful warship or frigate from the 16th to the 19th century.

POISON is also a popular name for materials that can kill you, you appear to be onto something here Julius.
It's also a jocular reference to drinking "What's you're poison?"

I'm pleased you ignoramuses ignoramii ignos are learning something

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Sep 2013, 4:32 pm

And Steps.
I'd like to see bon jovi (note the lower case) pushed down a flight of steps

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 05 Sep 2013, 4:40 pm

I think Christina Aguilera has done a couple of brilliant songs.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 05 Sep 2013, 4:41 pm

and I like Moves like Jagger by Maroon 5.

Partly because we have a fat dude that works with us and we all sing Moobs like Jagger whenever he gets up to do anything.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 05 Sep 2013, 4:43 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I think Christina Aguilera has done a couple of brilliant songs.
I could watch the Dirrrty video all night.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 05 Sep 2013, 4:43 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I think Christina Aguilera has done a couple of brilliant songs.
I'm with you, Julius. I right with you.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 05 Sep 2013, 4:47 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
I'm with you, Julius.  I right with you.
Ok, but you'll have to watch it in a different room.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 05 Sep 2013, 4:50 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
I'm with you, Julius.  I right with you.
Ok, but you'll have to watch it in a different room.
Fine. It won't take long.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 05 Sep 2013, 6:50 pm

I own all three of Justin Timberlakes solo albums, and pre-ordered his latest work.

Also, Jack Johnson is better than John Mayer...

I struggle to understand the attraction to rapper 2Chainz! I mean, really "They ask me what I do and who I do it for/ and how I come up with this **** up in the studio/ All I want for my birthday is a big booty h*e" I mean WTF!!!

kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 05 Sep 2013, 7:57 pm

I think Taylor Swift has a good song

:shame:

I'm also a huge Santana fan. I've seen him live twice
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 05 Sep 2013, 7:59 pm

kingraf wrote:I own all three of Justin Timberlakes solo albums, and pre-ordered his latest work.

Also, Jack Johnson is better than John Mayer...

I struggle to understand the attraction to rapper 2Chainz! I mean, really "They ask me what I do and who I do it for/ and how I come up with this **** up in the studio/ All I want for my birthday is a big booty h*e" I mean WTF!!!

Infinitely so
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 05 Sep 2013, 8:01 pm

Crimey wrote:I don't think Arctic Monkeys' best album is their first. 

I think Day and Age is the best Killers album.

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds are better than Oasis.
All 3 of these are very correct. The Killers is arguable as their newest album was also excellent, but Oasis are tripe and the Arctic Monkeys have only improved
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Thu 05 Sep 2013, 8:29 pm

I will not be denied in my view that The Call by Backstreet Boys is a very good song.

Chequered, Santana is NOT a guilty pleasure even if he has become a darling of the middle class Wink

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 05 Sep 2013, 8:50 pm

You mean he is awesome? My friends mock me for liking him
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Thu 05 Sep 2013, 9:03 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:You mean he is awesome? My friends mock me for liking him
Yeah, he took a bit of a 'purist' bashing after Supernatural but he rocks as far as I'm concerned!

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 05 Sep 2013, 10:10 pm

U2 are crap.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by hornbloweroafc Thu 05 Sep 2013, 10:42 pm

I love buddy holly!

DJ Sammy - Heaven is a tune!

red hot chilli peppers and the beatles are crap!
hornbloweroafc
hornbloweroafc

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Fri 06 Sep 2013, 2:22 am

AM > Whatever People Say > Suck it and See > FWN > Humbug. What's your favourite Crimey? All are sensational IMO. My favourite band by a long way.

I enjoy nearly all of Taylor Swift's work.

Girls Aloud and the Saturdays have both produced very catchy tracks.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 06 Sep 2013, 7:16 am

I have both Bananarama's True Confessions and The Bangles Different Light on vinyl, I've seen Olivia Newton-John live, I've been involved in an argument about the meaning of the Spice Girls Wannabe lyrics, I've almost been in a fistfight over who was better out of Pet Shop Boys and A-ha (I favoured PSB), I have Pass The Dutchie, Girls Just Wanna Have Fun & Sweet Like Chocolate on my iPod.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 06 Sep 2013, 8:41 am

Nothing wrong with The Bangles - can't imagine anyone would think there was. I have my doubts about the others.

I downloaded 3 David Soul tracks and 3 Barry Manilow tracks for my 70's compilation CD.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Mon 09 Sep 2013, 2:18 pm

Now and again I listen to:

Westlife
Abba
80's pop (nostalgia?)

Also, I like the songs Ben by MJ, Glee's version of Jar Of hearts.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Mon 09 Sep 2013, 2:49 pm

Cher picard
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 09 Sep 2013, 2:57 pm

I love every KoL album, even though its desperately uncool to like anything after the first (or second at a push) album.
Yes!

I liked their last album loads and this latest single is good too.

I also don't like the Rolling Stones although I probably should. I just think they're a bit rubbish.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Mon 09 Sep 2013, 2:59 pm

KOL?
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Mon 09 Sep 2013, 2:59 pm

Kings of Leon?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Sep 2013, 3:00 pm

I like Damien Rice....used to put his CD's on back in my single days once I'd got a lady back to mine just to "prove I'm in touch with my feelings"

Also, many thanks to Portishead (Dummy) and Sade for helping tip the balance in my favour on more than one occasion

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Mon 09 Sep 2013, 3:01 pm

The Special Juan wrote:Kings of Leon?
Cheers. I cannot name one of their songs.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next